Drawing sessions 3
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

DAM: Apricot (Light Red) Dun Spotted Blanket

Postby Cloud' » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:05 pm

Owner: Midnight Tails
Horse's Name: Uisce (ISH-ka)
Height: 14.1hh
Rarity: Rare
Last edited by Cloud' on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

When all the trees have been cut down,
when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,
when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cloud'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DAM: Apricot (Light Red) Dun Spotted Blanket

Postby Bella. » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:40 am

Pulling out ^^
Last edited by Bella. on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-

┌────────────────────┐
aquarius • she/her • infj
├────────────────────┤
𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝙲𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐-𝚒𝚏𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

├────────────────────┤
My goal on CS is to collect
all of the pets. I'm at
97.6%
at the moment!
└────────────────────┘

-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-
Bella.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkySmoke » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:01 am

Name: Journey
Height: 16.2hh

Extra:
No one is sure what it is about fire that transfixes him so much. Maybe it's that he rarely sees it, but whatever it is, it's a complete obsession.

The light red stallion stood alert in the moonlight, his mane and tail stirring slightly in the breeze was the only sign of movement. His ears perked forward, his eyes focused on the glowing spot on the horizon. The wind shifted and his nostrils quivered as he inhaled deeply; smoke. The smell surrounded him and sent his heart racing. If there was smoke, there had to be fire.

The glanced back at the small herd he had been following. There were a few mares and an older lead stallion; he was pretty sure he could steal the mares or defeat the stallion for leadership...but the pull of the fire was too strong.

He headed for it at a gallop, his muscular legs pulling him over the dunes with ease. The closer he got, the stronger the smoke smelled and the more he knew he had made the right choice. There was something about fire that spoke to his soul.

He slowed as he got closer. There was something else mixed with the smell of fire; humans.

He could see it now, dancing against the blackness of the night sky. Red, yellow, orange and blue all dancing together, leaping higher as they destroyed whatever they touched. So beautiful and powerful yet at the same time destructive and untamable. The humans thought they could control it, but the stallion had stood by one night and watched as it enveloped and destroyed one of their homes and barn. He had been a yearling; it was his first experience with fire and while the other horses in his herd had run and put distance between themselves and the flames, he had stayed. He stayed until he could feel the heat on his coat. He stayed until breathing was difficult and sight was nearly impossible through the smoke.

Every fire took him back to that night and that feeling of awe. This fire was different. It was set in a pit, away from the homes. He pranced nervously, wanting to move closer but being wary at the same time. His eyes left the fire periodically to check his surroundings, that's how he finally noticed the human.

She was a teenage girl, and she sat near the fire, feeding it. She would periodically poke it with a stick, causing it to dance higher and burn brighter. They were still for a long time, simply watching one another and the fire. Finally, as Journey crept closer, she spoke softly.

"I remember you...from the night the stables burnt down. All the other horses ran, but not you. You stood and watched, just like I did. Everyone thought I was scared...but I wasn't."

As she spoke she slowly moved closer to the big stallion. He snorted and reared, striking the air with his forelegs, and she stopped.

"I wasn't scared...and neither were you. You love it the same way I do. I can tell because you come running every time I set one. We're the same, you and me. I've been setting them for you. And you're even more stunning up close."

Journey started to relax, the heat from the fire was causing a thin sheen of sweat on his neck and shoulders, but he didn't move. He wanted to step closer but the girl was in his way. He was staring to realize she meant no harm. Her voice was starting to have the same hypnotizing effect as the fire and he stretched his neck towards them both. The girl smiled and slowly held her hand out towards him.

"I'll wait. And I'll keep lighting them for you. You're just like fire; gorgeous, wild and free. I know I can't tame you, just like I can never really tame fire, but I'm hoping we can be friends."

She slowly backed away, leaving Journey a clear path to the edge of the fire pit. His ears perked forward again. He'd never been this close. He cautiously stepped forward until he was about a foot from the edge. The fire burned taller than his head and completely consumed his field of vision. The heat was close to unbearable but he stayed. He barely felt it when the girl laid her hand on his shoulder as she came to stand next to him. They stood quietly watching the fire, an unlikely friendship starting in an unlikely way, but it made perfect sense to them.

Set your world on fire and seek those who fan your flames

Last edited by SkySmoke on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

ImageImageImageImage

There's some people who are so much a part of us that they'll be there with us no matter what. They are our solid ground, our north star, and the small clear voices in our hearts that will be with us...always ~ Alexis Castle | | We are bound by our choices, but we are more than our mistakes ~ Kate Beckett | |

ImageImageImageImage

||Writing|| Characters ||My Kiamaras ||My DAMs ||

SkySmoke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARANDA » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:09 am

Reserve
Chars For Sale | Seeking Art & Design Stuff | My Toyhou.se | My Deviantart
Sig Art (Above) by InuImori | Avatar by aalbli (DA)
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mizure Uchiha » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:43 am

Owner: ✶Mizure Uchiha❄
Horse's Name: Lancer
Height: 16.3hh
Rarity: Rare
Personality: Lancer is a calm romantic stallion. He is very gentle and caring. He will protect his herd no matter the cost. He is always searching though for a mare to give his heart to,
Mate: Briar Rose

Favorite Song: Kiss My Eyes and Lay Me to Sleep

This is what I brought you, this you can keep
This is what I brought, you may forget me
I promise to depart, just promise one thing
Kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep

This is what I brought you, this you can keep
This is what I brought, you may forget me
I promise you my heart, just promise to sing

This is what I thought, I thought you'd need me
This is what I thought so think me naive
I'd promise you a heart, you'd promise to keep

Mizure Uchiha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Tails » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:36 am

Gender► Mare
Height► 14.1 hh
Name► Uisce (ISH-ka) Means 'water'
Art► x x x x All by me

☼ ↔ ☼ ↔ ☼ ↔

Let Me Tell You A Story...

I know not why I got separated from my parents. My friends. My family. My herd.
Sandstorm? Flood? Predators? Some other reason I can't comprehend??
Really my memories just aren't there from before a certain point; try as hard as I might, not that I have any particular desire to remember, the best I can do is remember vague smells of my mother. What I do remember however, is so crisp and fresh as if it happened yesterday. Ah, yes, it is rather reminiscent of what do those humans call it...a play.
The curtains open up, with the players already in place, and things begin. The audience knows nothing of before then, only what happens after; I am one of the audience...Is that an odd way to think of yourself? Likely. Most certainly an odd way for a DAM to think, perhaps the humans left more of an impression on me than I thought.
Well I think I've stalled enough, let's begin, shall we?
☼ ↔ ☼ ↔ ☼ ↔

☼ ↔ ☼ ↔ ☼ ↔

Starved, food was the last thing on my mind. I needed water. My entire being and all its small existence silently screamed out to me for it, this pained me, as I could not find a single drop for days, let alone enough to satisfy. My breath came out in shattered rasps, any moisture once there being long gone. It was all I could do to keep my hooves moving forward...not that I had any real landmark to tell I was going somewhere, or at least not going in circles...Oh, I hope I'm not going in circles.
This place wasn't completely barren. There were rocks, sparse shrubs, and thin tall trees - that didn't understand what shade was let alone how to make it - and some sheer rock cliffs in the distance. Elsewhere, but much closer, a mountain roared up out of the sand liked a whale leaping out of the ocean just to show off how splendid it is.
I paused, musing on this thought, rubbing my dry lips together at the thought of 'so much water you could never drink it all even if you had all the horses in existence drink with you' or so the rumours of the ocean said. I had never seen it myself...
And now I likely never will I ended the thought on a depressing note, feeling quite wretched now, I surveyed the scenery again; huge boulders lay lazily in the crevasses of the rocks that made up the mountain, looking as if they could come crashing down at any time. I wondered if I should try my chances at scaling up those. Surely they'd hold my little weight.
Timid as I was, I didn't have the courage to try.

It was hot.
My coat shone, making my dusty coat cleaner as the sweat poured off me; apparently I had some moisture left in me...huh.
A caw caused me to look up, almost blinding me from the sunlight beaming merrily, cruelly, down right in my line of sight if I look up; I dropped my head to reduce the glare, and squinted, some sort of bird was lazily flying above me. Oh.

☼ ↔ ☼ ↔ ☼ ↔

Trust me that puts a dampener on anyone, let alone what their mood or healthiness is.
Especially if they don't have a sense of humour...I don't have a sense of humour.
Fear of death overtaking me, I used the last of my strength to set off into a frenzied gallop, dust billowing out behind me, coupled with the occasional sinking into sand as I had not got the hang of walking atop the sand quite yet. I wasn't going extremely fast if I was compared to adult horses; I was tired, parched, hungry, and I was barely a year old, really calling it a gallop was laughable.
At least it was far faster than the slow plod I'd been doing before that.
I ran and ran, not even focusing where I was headed, I'd become quite delirious by this point, until I smelt something I hadn't smelt before, focusing my vision my nostrils flared and I whinnied a warning to the creature to get out of the way; they didn't move.
As I neared it I realised the creature was that fabled thing called a human, I hadn't seen one before, but I now vaguely remembered stories from my herd about how dangerous they were, and would kill, hurt and trap 'ya as soon as look at 'ya.
Fumbling to a sudden halt, sand swishing every which way, I stopped in front of the human, almost trampling them as I had mighty hard time of stopping my flight of terror once it had started. Just the human scared me more as an immediate threat.
I stood there, watching them; they stared back. Move legs, move, I begged my body, I wanted desperately to at least back up, but no matter how much my legs trembled, they would not take another step.
The human made a gesture towards me, which sent my ears flicking back right against my skull, what were they doing?! Them making vocal noises weren't all that helpful either, but at least it had a soothing note to it. It was a deep, gentle voice, which reminded me of my father somehow, so I instantly put them in the male category.
He steadily took his time taking something out of his...flaps of skin...? Fur? Hair? It was revealed to be food, glorious food.
But no, I wouldn't fall for that, I'd rather go hungry than to approach the human any further.
Replacing the food back where it had come from, they took out a dark brown flask, I had seen one of those abandoned before, and poured a tiny amount of the contents into one hand. That got me curious, so I perked my ears forward and watched as he held the hand out to me. The liquid there glistened in the midday sunlight - water.
Human or not, I needed that water.
So I took a shaky step forward.

☼ ↔ ☼ ↔ ☼ ↔

☼ ↔ ☼ ↔ ☼ ↔
It turned out that the human, as I slowly gained my health and vigour back, and learnt vague understandings of varying amounts of the human language, belonged to a tribe that had settled themselves on the other side of that mountain I saw.
There; a substantially large oasis had resided for far longer than the humans had even known this place existed.
Humans are a resourceful lot, and they had blocked off entrances that could be used by predators, and made it so only DAMs and humans that knew the way could enter. I had my doubts on whether this was them just simply being thoughtful of our species and how lovely it is to have a predator free location with a bountiful amount of water, or if they were taking advantage of the oasis to get closer to DAMs, or maybe more sinister motives...
Either way, they had saved me, and they truly did honestly worship us DAMs.
I had a home here.

My name was given to me by the man that had found me, finding it a joke that the first thing I responded to was water, so I should be named something to do with water. I did not understand that, why would they find that amusing, but it made the humans happy to have something to call me by, so I allowed it.
I've been living here for three years now. Entering my fourth year, I can no longer resist the call of the desert wanderer blood in me; the humans knew I had to leave, but I was eternally grateful for their care, this place, and the fact that they would let me leave at any time I chose. There were no ropes of restraint here. It truly was blissful.

Coming back to the present, the humans were threading and tying beads and trinkets into my mane and tail; I was leaving, so they wanted to give me parting gifts. I snuffled at a girl's head - I was particularly fond of watching this one grow - as she giggled trying to thread a glass bead into a small braid she had made.
Ah, how tempting it was to stay here forever.
But no. Time to go.

image to go here
Perhaps I will come here again one day, to raise foals.
Last edited by Midnight Tails on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:53 am, edited 12 times in total.
Midnight Tails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloud' » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:41 am

XD prettying up is alowed, and extras are unlimited - just remember that i have to read everything so maybe dont make it tooo much text

When all the trees have been cut down,
when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,
when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cloud'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

red fox.'s form - major wip

Postby red fox. » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:35 am

But oh, my heart, was flawed
I knew my weakness
So hold my hand,
consign me not to darkness
So crawl on my belly
'til the sun goes down
I'll never wear
your broken crown
Now in this twilight,
how dare you speak of grace?

Mumford & Sons; Broken Crown
→ Name Details ←
Pronounced SHIN-ukh, Sionnach
is the Old Irish word for fox.
Not only is Sionnach's
coloring very much like that
of a fox, his birthday is St.
Patrick's Day, and my own
family is part Irish.
「Basics」

Username 〉 red fox.
Name 〉 Sionnach
Height 〉 13.3hh
Gender 〉 Stallion

「Extras」

Short Story:
A/N: Sorry this got so long! It's about 1,350 words, but the story just got away from me!

One dry, clear morning in May, the desert welcomed a new life into its fold. Nervous
parents shuffled about, laying near their son to keep him warm, while a curious brother
stood by. Their eyes all settled on a sickly red dun, shivering and too weak to be in the
biting spring air.

-----
He was small, much too small, but he survived. He lived through the night, and then the day, and then the summer, and then the winter. He lived and he grew, gangly legs sprouting from a slender body like twigs, patchy mane and tail eventually growing out even longer than his mother's. His brother, Kuvun, became his greatest friend, the two colts playing together for hours on end every day. Gradually, his small body, never to be very tall, began to fill out, muscles knitting together over ribs and hipbones, a shield to protect his fragile bones from ruin.

-----

When Sionnach was a yearling and Kuvun just coming two, the former was given the nickname 'Ghost'. His coat, once rich and dark, had shed out to reveal a light dun color on his back and flanks, the only remnants of vivid chestnut lying in the planes of his face and his brindled legs. The new coloration had made it rather easy for Sionnach to blend in to the desert sands, and Kuvun had claimed more than once to be scared when he simply 'disappeared'.

The two had grown close, spending their days roaming the desert and coming home only after the moon had already begun to rise, if at all. Their parents were busy with a new foal, their sister, and the pair had grown restless, as young stallions are wont to do. They led happy lives, though, wild and carefree, and Sionnach would later remember those days as some of the best in his life.

-----

It was just coming to the end of winter when it happened. Both Sionnach and Kuvun had been roaming farther and farther from the nest, practically a bachelor band by that point. It was only a freak occurrence that Sionnach returned home alone. Kuvun had stopped to wash in the small pond of the oasis, and when Sionnach came around the bend of the dune his family lived beside, he felt his heart drop out of his chest. There, limp and awful, lay his parents, mother still heavy with foal, as well as his sister, no more than a yearling.

On shaking legs, the stallion stepped closer, lowering his head to nudge weakly at his mother's body. When he drew away, he was struck with horror. Whatever had attacked his family had killed them with deep gashes to the throat, and the blood now stuck to his muzzle, dizzying in its potency. Swaying slightly, the stallion sucked in a deep breath as he realized that his front hooves were planted in a puddle of blood, the regular smoky black of them now marred with a gloss of deep red.

Drawing back, Sionnach began to breathe heavily, ears flattening in horror. His family...

He turned away, unable to look anymore, only to find his brother staring at him, shell-shocked expression both terrifying and heartbreaking.

"Kuvun..." Sionnach found himself croaking out, unable to find the words he needed, but his brother didn't let him finish anyways, rounding on him with a furious, desperate look.

"Sionnach... How could you?" He gritted out, nostrils flaring and ears pinning as he stared at his brother.

The dun stallion was silent, at a loss for words. How could Kuvun think he would do something like this? He opened his mouth, scrambling to deny the accusation, but Kuvun was already shaking his head.

"What are you going to say, Sionnach? You're covered in their blood. You won't even deny it..." His brother's voice was cold, so cold, and Sionnach gaped at him, horrified.

"Leave, Sionnach. Get out of here before I send you to join them."

With ice in his belly and pain in his heart, Sionnach left.

-----

He found his brother's body at the base of a cliff, a heavily pregnant coyote already there to scavenge. He didn't have the energy or will to chase her off.

-----

He courted his first mare when he was four years old and as tall as he was ever going to get. She was wild and beautiful and much older than him, but he thought he might love her.

She did not, it turned out, return the sentiment.

-----

When he was five, Sionnach joined a small band of bachelor stallions. One, a gold stallion with a gleam of kindness in his eyes, disappeared almost immediately, off to join the harem of some stallion who'd caught his attention. This left just Sionnach and Boreas, a young, headstrong stallion who still acted like a colt. Rambunctious and mischievous, Sionnach couldn't say he was disappointed when he was whisked off by a pretty mare.

He didn't bother trying to find another herd to stay with.

-----

He courted his first stallion when he was seven and desperately lonely. He wasn't sure if he should mourn when the rattlesnake got him, and so he did not.

-----

When he was eight, he began to hear the rumors. They said that a ghost roamed the desert, a forlorn stallion who seemed to wander with no purpose. Stories about why he was there seemed to vary, but they all had to do with some great tragedy in the stallion's life.

The said the stallion could all but blend in with the desert, were it not for his brindled legs and smoky black hooves.

Sionnach hoped the irony killed him.

-----

When he was nine, he saw the stallion with the kind eyes again. He seemed to follow at the heels of some colt, along with a small harem of mares. Sionnach watched him more than was strictly necessary, and after a while he couldn't pretend that he didn't see the gold stallion staring back at him.

-----

When he was coming ten, and the desert was again coming alive after a long, dry winter, Sionnach met the stallion properly. They were closer than they'd ever been before, each at one side of the small pond that sat in the oasis. Sionnach was drinking deeply, throat working as he sucked in the water. He was parched, after several days of wandering out in the desert with barely a drop in sight.

At the sound of hoofsteps, though, he lifted his head hurriedly, alarm on his features. Not sure what he had expected, he was confronted only with the sight of the gold stallion walking determinedly towards him. Sionnach stood frozen, scared to stay and scared to run.

The stallion looked friendly, though, friendly and calm, and gradually the dun forced himself to relax. As the dunalino halted in front of him, Sionnach found himself looking upwards, as the other horse had to stand at least three hands taller than him.

"Hello, I am Arany. Are you lonely?" The stallion's voice was deep and gentle, and Sionnach berated himself for trusting it.

"I'm Sionnach. And I think I might be, yes."

-----

When Sionnach was eleven, he had known his best friend for one year. One night, as they stood at the top of a dune, coats just barely brushing, his golden stallion turned to him with a determined look in his eye.

"You are nothing but yourself, Sionnach," he nickered quietly, catching his gaze and holding it, long forelock playing in the breeze.

The dun laughed, his voice carrying a bit across the sands. It didn't matter, not when there wasn't anyone but them for miles. And he might be used to his friend's unexpected poetry by now, but that didn't mean it didn't still catch him off-guard sometimes.

"Of course I'm nothing but myself, what else could I be?" He mused, knowing the dunalino would tell him. He always did.

He was surprised, though perhaps he shouldn't have been, by the sincerity in the stallion's voice.

"You are not a ghost, Sionnach," Arany whispered. Sionnach stared at him, copper eyes wide in the moonlight.

But Arany was right. He wasn't, not anymore. Arany could see him, Arany knew him, Arany loved him. Arany had brought him back to life.
Last edited by red fox. on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 11 times in total.
red fox.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:33 am

ooh cloud x3
really beautifull horse =)
i wish good luck for all :clap:
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manx » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:24 pm

Oh gosh, reserved <333
╔═════════════════════════╗

нєяє ι ѕтαη∂...

{уσυ кєєρ ιт, тσ яємιη∂ уσυ тнαт ∂єєρ вєηєαтн тнє ℓαуєяѕ
σƒ ∂єνισυѕηєѕѕ, уσυ нανє α ѕραяк σƒ ∂є¢єη¢у.

ρєянαρѕ уσυ ¢συℓ∂ вℓσω ση тнαт ѕραяк σ¢¢αѕισηαℓℓу.}
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
| Characters | Dadrika's Rise |
| Revelation of the Past |

...ιη тнє ℓιgнт σƒ ∂αу
╚═════════════════════════╝
Manx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes