Confusing Blur by DoctorDraca

Based on Click to view
Artist DoctorDraca [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Confusing Blur

Postby DoctorDraca » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:28 am

With an amazing speed and incredibly high endurance, this Tracker Dog runs as fast as it can towards its opponent, and then starts to run in circles around the target. The swirls and glowing markings will confuse the target, making him or her unable to escape. This dog must be handled with care, and handled by someone with a strong stomach. Side effects of staring at this dog might include nausea and dizziness. This dog sleeps in a well lit environment, so the markings absorb light. The dog is best used during nighttime, but works just as well during the day, where it'll do its best to make the markings flash harder.

The dog will be left up for adoption for 2 days, in case you're wondering.

TAKEN by Skyebreeze
Last edited by DoctorDraca on Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Confusing Blur

Postby Prince of Awesome » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:34 am

Name you'll give it:Fantasia
Reason you want it:i love these and can never get one.
Other info:(So do you want a history?)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Maturity is SO overrated.

Prince of Awesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Moon <3* » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:36 am

Name you'll give it: Conner
Reason you want it: I need a night light. Not really :D . It's so cool and I really like your art. I just love it!
Other info: Conner was born on a small farm in the middle of the country in a litter of regular labs. His owner was disgusted with him and quickly hid him from view. In the night he started to glow, that did it for the owner. he threw Conner into a rough cardboard box and threw the cardboard dog in the back of his pickup. in the morning when he went out to drive it to the pound, he found that Conner had escaped. Conner ran and ran until he came to a huge city. the cars scared Conner so he ran to a dark ally where a dog catcher was waiting. He was thrown into a cage and driven to the pound, the exact one his other owner was going to take him to. He was given a worming shot and then thrown into a concrete box called a kenel. Everyday he would yelp and whine, until the pound keepers coulkd take no more, he was to be put to sleep. Then I burst in and tried to save him. Will you let me?
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
*Moon <3*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Hydra » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:01 am

Name you'll give it: Boness
Reason you want it: I've really liked tracker dogs sense they have come out. I tried to get one or two but didn't manage. I really like this design and hope that this time, I might be able to get it.
Boness would be a character, and like the other characters I have, I'd buy/draw art of her occasionally and care for her greatly.
Other info:

Disabilities;

Boness cannot see, obviously, considering her breed can't. But she also cannot talk, or make any vocalized noise.

Age;

1 Year

Family;

Boness had one brother and two sisters, plus her mother. Her brother was Iden, and her sisters were Lola and Flash. Her mother was Gaze. She never knew her father.

Background Story;

One Year Ago...

Boness opened her mouth to squeak, as all newborns do, but no sound came out. The black world was soundless. After a moment, everything exploded into focus. The sounds of others, who she soon associated as her siblings and mother, wrecked into her ears. Again, she tried to make noise- a startled noise, but nothing came from her jaws.
As she got older, Boness learned to accept her lack of speech. She made up for it with her determination to track. Be it a mouse for her brother or a squirrel for her mother to catch, Boness surpassed her siblings, especially at night. Her colors blended in perfectly with the black nights, where sight was useless. Once her quarry was cornered, she'd flash her bright swirls, signaling that either something interesting or food had been found. She'd sometimes catch prey before anyone else caught up, being she was fairly impatient.
When Boness was six months old, on a inky, silent, moonless night, she set out as usual to hunt for her brother and sisters. She caught the scent of an owl. She'd never caught anything with feathers before, so this excited her. Determined, she tracked the bird to a tree fairly easily, considering birds don't leave much scent behind, if any. Once she got to the tree, she circled it a few times, not flashing her marks. She tried to find a way up. Finally deciding that the tree had a hollow about two feet up where she could hear the owl nestling around, she backed up, preparing to jump in. She gathered herself, then darted at the tree, jumping just in time to soar into the hole. She'd determined how fast to run so that she wouldn't hit the back of the hole perfectly. But it wasn't needed, for she crashed straight into a huge, warm, feathery thing that was armed with talons and a piercingly sharp beak. That beak tore into Bonesses thigh before she could even attack the bird herself. If she could make a noise, she'd have let out a surprised, pained sound. But she couldn't. She attacked the bird, doing her best, blind as her species was, to defend herself and avoid the owl's attacks. She managed to get her jaws around its neck after a minute, but it had inflicted several deep wounds on her. Despite this, her only thought was that she'd found nice food for her siblings and mother, and feathers for their nests. It wasn't until she drug the owl out of the tree and started flashing her bright swirls did the pain hit her- so hard and fast that she almost fell down. She realized that she was bleeding from the gash on her thigh, one on her back, and her muzzle. She could feel the blood dripping from her wounds, so much blood..she didn't even feel strong enough to pull herself back to the den, much less the owl to, which was almost as big as she was.
Boness tried to drag the owl, but the first time she tugged, she collapsed.
Boness woke, not sure where she was or how long she had been gone. The first thing that came to mind was 'Did I get the owl to the den?' But she realized quite quickly that she was somewhere unfamiliar. The smell- it was unlike anything she'd ever smelt. No hint of soil, leaves, trees...nothing. What...where was she? She noticed the pain, but it wasn't as intense as it had been. In fact, she hardly felt it.
Then she heard..something. A voice. A strange voice.
"Ah, your awake. There there, don't move.."
It was a strange tongue, this voice, but she recognized it somehow. She could tell what was being said, more by sensing the meaning of the words rather than understanding the tongue. She lay still, not sure if the being was a threat or not.
"Good girl. Good girl." Something touched her- something soft, furless. ! She was being petted! It felt nice. She wagged her tail slowly.
"Yeah, that's right. Come on now, Tracker Dog. To your kennel." The soft hands picked her up suddenly and she felt like she was being carried, like when her mother had carried her as a pup, but not by the scruff. Then it set her down, on something hard and cold. Startled, Boness jumped to her paws. Unsteady, she almost fell over, but managed to stay on her paws. She leaned against a cold, hard wall that felt the same as the floor. It turned out that there were three walls like this, and a roof. But one wall was bars, still cold and hard but she could smell things through them and hear things, interesting things, smells that she had never tasted before...
She had come to the kennels, where she would spend the next six months of her life looking for a new home.
Last edited by Queen Hydra on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are all small on the wings of time, twirling about through the universe as a tiny mote twirls in the wind.
Queen Hydra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverHund » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:10 am

Name you'll give it: Rush
Reason you want it: I love tracker dogs, i don't have one and really want one, I can write her up a story if i get her, and her design is great
Other info: Rush was created to track down "animals" who escaped from her "farm". The "farm animals" are actually all experiments created ,like Rush, for various purposes. The sheep are carnivorous, genetically engineered to eat trespassers. The cattle are actually large beasts made to find and destroy. Horses are built to be extremely fast. But Rush was the most unique. She has senses of smell greater than any mortal dog and is one of the fastest tracker dogs.
Last edited by SilverHund on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT
SilverHund

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby purrsain » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:43 am

Name you'll give it:cheyanne
Reason you want it:because i love these creatures
Other info:no
purrsain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pacificcc » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:23 pm

Oh man! Now you allow two per person! I have to wait until you make more with blue colors *hint hint heehe* and try! :lol: Fae needs a friend!
Not online much. Click below if you wanna contact me. C;
pacificcc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skyebreeze » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Name:
Shaded Mirage
Reason you want it:
I've always wanted a tracker dog, and I'm in LOVE with this one, it's my favorite so far!! I will take very good care of her, get art of her, and she'll also have her own special place in my character thread. Oh, and I thought I may as well tell you this. I am obsessed with spinning, roller coasters (with lots of loops and corkscrews!) and swirl. :3
Nickname[s]:
Shaded, Shade, Mirage, Shady
Species/breed:
Tracker Dog
Size:
Average tracker dog size.
Any issues/deformations:
Unusual glowing swirls that allow her to cause confusion.
Fur:
Shade has very sleek, streamlined fur which allows her to run more swiftly.
Ears:
Shade has large, sensitive ears to better hear what's going on around her.
Tail:
Shade has an averaged-sized tail.
Head:
Shade's head is very stream-lined, so she push easily through the air.
Over all body:
Shade has a slim, sleek body, very muscular, and you can tell she was born to run. She has glowing swirl marks on her fur, so when she circles very quickly, it can be very disorienting.
Smartness:
Very intelligent, able to understand many commands and other words.
Personality:
Shade has a very confusing personality, just like the rest of her. She is prone to surprising mood swings, one minute as happy as can be, the next depressed and gloomy. However, she is always very determined and loyal, no matter what her mood. She HATES criminals, mainly because of what happened to her not long after her training ended, and can be extremely vicious when dealing with them.
Causing confusion: It's what she was born to do, and she LOVES doing it; Music: Preferably instrumental, Shade will sometimes hum a random tune to herself; Wind: She loves running and feeling the wind in her fur; Being Blind: Even though she has no eyes, she loves it because it allows her to imagine what things look like.
Dislikes:
Criminals: Just like every other tracker dog, though she has worse experiences than some; Darkness: Though she's blind, Shade can tell if it's dark, and she can get very claustrophobic; Pain and Fear: The two are basically the same to her, and she hates them both, whether it be physical or mental; Staying Still: She HATES this, she always has to be doing something, and she can get very impatient.
Skills:
Incredible at confusing people, whether by talking to them (as in other Trackers) or actually running in circles; Great runner and she loves doing it too.
Favorite Color(s):
She can't see, though she can imagine colors, and she likes bright, vivid ones.
Favorite Season:
Summer, because it's so warm and bright.
Personal Quote:
'I'm confusing you? Well it's confusing cause I wasn't confusing, but am I confusing or aren't I?' (What? It's her taunt to criminals when she's circling them, though they can't understand her.)
Background story:
Shade raced through the night, the wind flowing through her fur, her paws pounding against the pavement. She was so close, oh so close, to the end of the ally and on to freedom, when suddenly the dreaded noise rang out through the night. Shade skidded to a halt, curling herself into a tight ball, trying to escape the horrid sound. She was only feet away from freedom, yet she didn't have the drive to get up. The noise was just so horrible. Huge footsteps pounded against the ground, and she smelled the foul rank of the man who held her prisoner. She whimpered, this time softer, as he put that cold chain around her neck again. "Good thing we found out what makes you behave, ain't it?" He said with mock cheerfulness. "Can't have you running away from us when you're so good at sniffing out loot? Besides, you wouldn't want us all thrown in jail, now, would ya sweetie? After all, who would take care of you?" He chuckled dementedly and dragged her back, back into slavery.

Shade yelped with terror, her legs stiff, her hackles up. Her owner came in sleepily, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "What's wrong, Shady girl? Did you have another one of your bad dreams?" She rubbed Shade's back gently, and she started to finally relax. "You don't ever have to go through what those men made you do again. You hear me? Never again. You've got me to protect you." With that, her owner went back to bed, yawning all the way. Shade layed her head down on her paws. She knew she wouldn't be able to get back to sleep. She'd never forget the time she spent with those criminals. She hated criminals more than any other tracker dog, tracking them down with much more vigor and focus than any other. Those few months trapped by the criminals had felt like years...

Shade was so excited. She was finally finished with her training! It was time for her to actually get out there and do it. She was going on a practice run with her trainer to be sure she was ready, but it was a simple thing. She wasn't actually tracking a real criminal, it was just a police officer that she had to find. Her trainer had to hold her back, she was so excited. He nodded to another officer, then let her go. She circled quickly several times, then raced off, tongue lawling. She had gone a ways, when suddenly, the scent veered off into a dark alley. Puzzled, Shade followed it down to a dead end. Suddenly darkness engulfed her and she was swept off her feet, rough fabric rubbing against her fur. Gruff, muffled voices sounded around her. Terrified, all she could do was whimper. She was thrown in the back of a truck, yelping as she felt it rumble as it turned on. As the truck drove away, she slowly started to sleep...

Shade awoke with a start. She was no longer in the sack, as she assumed she had been in. She sniffed the air, then wrinkled her nose in disgust. The air was rank, damp, and stuffy, odds were she was in a rotting building. A door slammed, and she winced. She heard footsteps coming toward her, then a deep, gruff voice. "Good job. What were the swirls for again? Oh yes, for confusion. Good thing I have a strong stomach, unlike you idiots. She'll be of much use to us." He crouched down, starting to touch her fur, but Shade growled. The man just laughed. Suddenly, a loud high-pitched screeching noise peeled through the air. Shade howled in pain and shock, curling into a tight ball. The noise stopped as suddenly as it started. "See? This sound is too high-pitched for our ears, however she can hear it just fine. It not only keeps her under control but it also keeps her from alerting her creator. Ingenious, isn't it?" With that, the man and his followers walked out of the room. The last words Shade heard were "She'll be perfect for sniffing out priceless gems, won't she? And if we're caught she can distract the authorities..."

Shade shivered, coming back to the present. Everything those men had made her do had gone against everything her species had been meant to do. She hoped she would never have to relive those dark days...
Friends:
Policemen; crime-fighters; her owner
Enemies:
You a criminal? Watch out, cause she don't like ya.
Last edited by Skyebreeze on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Skyebreeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aBisto » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:33 am

Name you'll give it: Kenspeckle. Spec for short.
Reason you want it: because I saw his design and loved him. actually i saw teh stamp first, then clicked on it, then I saw his design and loved him. I never really bothered to look at tracker dogs, but this one made me stare an spell 'the' wrong. I'll paint him on CS and Draw him in real life. sooo...hypnotic...I'm sorry why was I writing this? I seem to have forgotten O.o
Other info: anyone who thinks Spec looks silly find themselves wondering what their name was...and what that handsome tracker dog is looking at them for...maybe they have a biscuit somewhere *pats pockets* here you go...why he looks like he understands every word I say :)
people think Spec can read minds...but then they forget. he may also have teh ability to put subconscious thoughts and desires into another's head and to erase memories. he did work for the police, but was given to the pound because the police thought he was dangerous to themselves. and they wrote it down. Spec may be able to erase thoughts but he can't erase pen...what can?
Art shop
190 - 20/06/12
Chillas!

Why doesn't everyone shut up and think for a minute?- Terry Pratchett
click?
Image Image
*If you write 'First Post!' when you reply first to one of my pictures, I will glare at your username. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.[right][center]
aBisto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corgie » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:17 am

Name you'll give it: Mind Games
Reason you want it: I would like to have her, so i could have my first tracker dog. BUT THAT is not it :3 I love her design and how she glows and plays mind-games <3 Going around and around, making the criminal dizzy and weak, when she does that she can easily catch the criminal and bring him to the Police so he/she will be charged for what-ever they did.
Other info: Mind Games, fur seems like scales that helps her go faster when running, she can also jump far and make her markings glow when she want's to. Mind Games doesn't really have an Official owner yet, due to side-effects of her, but many love her for who she is not what she looks like or what could happen to them if they adopt her. Mind Game's diet is:
Fruits-Nuts-Berries and some dog-food. Mind Games is a loyal and worthy Tracker-Dog she is kind, stubborn, and just herself sometimes she might use her glowing tongue to scare the criminals are she circles them
Personality:Loyal-Smart-Brave-Stubborn- Dreamer-Believer
I'm written this little thing:
Can you see her or not?
Blurring the night streets going around and around <3
Mind Games, plays Mind Games on YOU!
x3 It's really bad i know D:

Family; Unknown

This is still a WIP :3
Last edited by corgie on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
Pet's name: ♥ ♥ Aion ♥ ♥
quinn/m? - finn/m? -- cinder/f -- peaches/f
corgie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me