Rukami #22 by ExpensiveAlpaca

Based on Click to view
Artist ExpensiveAlpaca [gallery]
Time spent 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rukami #22

Postby ExpensiveAlpaca » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Rukami (Gulo Stantes) are a newly discovered species of bipedal mammals. Though they resemble wolves, they are actually more closely related to the mustelid family, which includes wolverines, otters, and badgers to name a few. Through natural selection, these rare animals evolved to incredible sizes and developed sentient brains along with opposable thumbs.

asdfghjkl;... I really love how this guy turned out, expect me to be picky when judging (;

This is my first design as an artist, I'm really sorry for not putting out an adopt sooner. Aand- this dude has really sick hair, just sayin.

Anyways, for the competition, overall I would really just like to see effort. That's all I ever really look for, a simple form of effort. I don't like reading paragraphs, unless the paragraph is a story and keeps me interested the whole way through. I also don't like explanations on yourself/your username, so please avoid doing this. Extras are allowed, but only once you finish the base form. They'll just be used as add-ons to your finished form. This also means unlimited art, yippee! To get to it, here's the form:

Code: Select all
Username:
Rukami name:
Creative personality:
1 Accessory: (can literally be anything, as long as it follows Rukami guidelines)
Why does he wear that accessory?: (feel free to make a simple explanation, story, or whatever):
Art:

End Date: July 25th, giving you over a week to complete your form

Winner on page 2
Last edited by ExpensiveAlpaca on Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Art Shop | Characters
Rest in peace Pancake. Rest in peace Barry. Rest in peace Auggie. Rest in peace Heidi.
ExpensiveAlpaca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rukami #22

Postby .Ape. » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:59 pm

Oh. My. Gosh....at a loss for words... Reserve.

Username: .Ape.

Rukami name: Samson

From the bible story. The man who's strength laid within his hair.

Creative personality: Samson is a elegant and suave kind of guy. He is highly intelligent, well mannered, charming, and charismatic. His personality is one of admiration. He is the kind of Rukami others look up to. He is not a typical Rukami, he sees everything with a bigger picture. He was raised with morals that many others of his species don't have the privilege to say,due to their need for primal power. He values honesty, loyalty, chivalry, determination, and courage. He is not a very violent person. He is very down to earth, open minded, and willful. But he does tend to see life in forms of confrontations and rising to the challenge. He sees that there are causes to serve, struggles to be overcome, and battles to be won. Wether they are internal or external. His basic drive is to uphold something “right” and defeat something “wrong”, however those two are defined. But at the same time he is always striving to make himself and his fellow Rukami better in any way, shape, or form.

1 Accessory: He has a brace around his left bicep made out of gold marked with a spear crossing a book.

Why does he wear that accessory?: It symbolizes he and his tribe's motives and morals. All matured males wear one made from a very old and skilled Rukami who specializes in gold smithing. A very exotic and time consuming skill to master.

Art:

More to come

Extras-

Story/Background: It is not unheard of for Rukami to join up in numbers and form a tribe of some sorts. Samson was born into an advanced scholar/warrior group of Rukami 8 strong. These Rukami were considered "the odd one out" and "weak" due to their strive for knowledge and advancement. Unlike others of their species who relied on tooth and claw, these Rukami crafted weapons such as spears,from gathered materials, to hunt and if need be fight with. They have a belief that their hair was a symbol of strength and how wise you were,due to as you grow older and wiser your hair grows too. They refuse to cut it. This is why Samson's is so long and taken care of.

His tribe uses their combined talents and years of trial and error to make their lives easier. Which is a huge challenge when they are frowned upon by others. In a real life situation this unique group would be more like humans than their primal cousins, apes. Who craft tools here and there whilst they are beginning to rely on craftsmanship and ingenuity.
Last edited by .Ape. on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:34 am, edited 5 times in total.
.Ape.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BugaBee » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:47 pm

That hair....so suave...must pets
SO wish I could try out for him lol.
Open for $USD commissions only.
BugaBee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ash.e » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:04 am

Username: Richmc
Rukami name: Draken
Creative personality: Draken is very eccentric and a bit naive but he is loving and a bit twisted though, he has split personalities that makes him go from the kindest creature to the most evil blood crazed beast. W.I.P
1 Accessory: (can literally be anything, as long as it follows Rukami guidelines)
Why does he wear that accessory?: (feel free to make a simple explanation, story, or whatever):
Art: W.I.P

✶ 🎀 - 𝒜 𝓈 𝒽 . 𝑒 - 🎀 ✶
- 𝒮𝒽𝑒/𝐻𝑒𝓇 -
- 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓃 -

ς๏๓๓เรรเ๏ภร ๏קєภ
Ash.e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Safe Haven » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:24 pm

Username: skyliar
Rukami name:blister
Creative personality:
he has a sour atitude, his laid back personality usually tends to back fire any insults thrown at him,but he has a soft heart most of the time,and when the ladies come around he tends to act cool to 'wooh' them.
1 Accessory:
his accessory is a leathered band around his arm as he wears gold coin carved with his own words of faith
Why does he wear that accessory?:
Well, when he was young and his father had carved the words of faith in the moonlight onto the coin, saying;
Thall, Shall, not decease without, Light to Lead the way,
as his father passed on this living relic he strapped it to his arm to ensure him that the good shall come with the bad
Art: heheheh, well than thats a challenged i shall do cx

{sorry if i have any errors, alroght well i font thibk i can get art for h i m sense these prices are high, so you might as skip over me if you want, plus i dont have access to a com. As often as i would like oh well xD,}
Last edited by The Safe Haven on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hello! Call me Haven! I'm a very social easy to talk to person
Lets not forget really just the unexpected basically I geuss
I'm a wild card. Anyhow I love to draw and I always look for
improvement No matter how good it looks. I can be blunt
slightly preppy and cheery. Though I can be a bit of a butt
head and a pain in the arse for some. Did I metion I can be
extremely lazy at what I do. Besides roleplaying I love to play
sports , that's if I get to learn them. Anyways my besties on
Cs are (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Ƒυяяιєѕ ♥ , Jackie Boy , and OrigamiXD

XxxxxxxxxxxxX♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
ImageImage
The Safe Haven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rexodus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Res uwu
Rexodus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ExpensiveAlpaca » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:32 am

Just a reminder that this ends in 6 days uvu

//and also a bump

Art Shop | Characters
Rest in peace Pancake. Rest in peace Barry. Rest in peace Auggie. Rest in peace Heidi.
ExpensiveAlpaca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARANDA » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:37 pm

Username: NARANDA
Rukami name: Kaizoku (Japanese - Pirate)
Creative personality:
Cocky, proud, flirty. The reason his name means pirate can sometimes be seen in his personality. A theif of hearts who hates to stay in one place too long. A smart-alik with quite the tongue for sarcasm when talking to males of any kind. There are only a few to which he is serious and respectful around, though he refuses to tell why.
1 Accessory:
A small blue scarf that fades to black at each end, tied around his left arm. The scarf is made of cotton, blue dye uses the first year leaves of woad, and black dye uses seed cups from sawthorn oak.

Why does he wear that accessory?:
Some ask me about the small scarf tied around my upper arm, and the colors I chose. The colors represent sorrow, sadness for the love I lost. I left for only a while, to come back to a strange emptiness I had never felt before. Killed while I was gone, only a few days before. Her favorite color was blue, so I chose that color as the base, using the leaves from a young woad plant. The black created by sawthorn oak represents the sadness and emptiness she left behind. I knew how to make cloth out of cotton. So I created the scarf of those materials, so I could carry a piece of her wherever I go. Though this is not the only one I created. The other was set at her grave, with the words dyed in red "I Miss You". This is also the reason I flirt and am rude, trying to distract myself from the pain of losing her.
Art:
I'm afraid I do not have any art.
I had a piece on my comp I was working on.
But my cord to charge my comp is fried.
So I can't charge it and it is dead.
So I could not get or finish it in time I am afraid.
I hope you may at least still consider my form.
I wrote a little letter/poem instead with the time I had.
A Letter On A Grave:
A letter written from Kaizoku,
After his love had died.
Placed upon her grave,
Before he left it far behind.

~*~

My Love,
Why did you have to leave me?
Alone and and in pain.
Not even a simple goodbye,
Or even a sign of your feelings.
I'll never get to know,
If you liked me in the same manner,
Or if we were just friends,
Close to each other.
I made a gift for you and me,
A scarf of blue and black,
Placed with this letter,
I'll try and never look back.
~Love, Kaizoku
Last edited by NARANDA on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chars For Sale | Seeking Art & Design Stuff | My Toyhou.se | My Deviantart
Sig Art (Above) by InuImori | Avatar by aalbli (DA)
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Novi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:46 pm

Username: cyril.
Rukami name: Trevor, derived from the Hebrew name Tavor, which means "misfortune".
Creative personality: Pathological Liar - Kind - Conceited - Unfortunate - Slightly Insane = WIP
1 Accessory: A small dream catcher, worn as an earring.
Why does he wear that accessory?: It was a gift from his mate before her passing - WIP
Art: WIP

I swear I'll get this finished o3o
Now that the existential crisis has passed, I'm not leaving! Sorry for the momentary scare, folks!
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArizonaT3a » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:44 am

Username: Kage the shafow
Rukami name: Ash
Creative personality:
1 Accessory: A necklace that has a couple long wolf like canine teeth and a bluejay feather in the front.
Art:
ArizonaT3a

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me