Based on Click to view
Artist Chasing Dreams [gallery]
Time spent 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ceiral #108

Postby Chasing Dreams » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:14 am

IzzyBee wrote:
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

♪ Username:
      IzzyBee

♫ Name:
      Syrinx (Συρινξ), in Greek mythology she was a nymph and also a follower of Artemis and the creator of the panflute

♪ Gender:
      Female
    ♫ Favorite instrument to play?:
      Panflute, particularly the Nai, which is a Romanian diatonic panflute. She plays them proficiently and has two sets, a larger set and a smaller set. She loves them for their unique, rich sound, she liked hearing them as a kid and wanted to learn to play them. They are easy for her to play since she knows the notes by muscle memory, and the fact that one side is the high notes, and the other side are the lower notes.

♪ Short Story:
    Featuring Downn's Artemis

You are quietly sitting by a brook, a clear, quiet brook, you can’t exactly see the beauty of your surroundings, but your friend Artemis seems to think they are fascinating, you are uncertain so you just keep a hold on your Nai and listen to her babble about the rocks in the stream. You lift your head up for a moment, somewhat wishing that you could see the world around you. You still hear your friend blabbing on and on; letting out a sigh you lower your head and stroke the top of your Nai.
      “Hey Sry! Are you even listening to me?” You hear your friend call to you; you jump a bit, startled by her outburst. Nonetheless you respond with a quiet shrug, “I don’t really find rocks an interested subject Artemis, can we do something else please?” You ask her, you hear some splashing in the water and your friend grabs onto one of your horns. “You got any better ideas Syr?” She challenged, though you can’t see the smirk on her face and she knows it.
      “No I don’t, but this isn’t something I enjoy Artemis, “ You tell her, your voice unfazed and unamused, “Please let go of my horn, “ You request of her. She snorts and lets go of the horn roughly, “Alright, what do you have in mind than?” She asks her hands on her hips as she looks at you impatiently. “What if we go to the willow tree?” Your soft voice exits your mouth; the willow tree is one of your favorite places, serene and picturesque.
      “Alright alright, fine, we can go to your willow tree, “Artemis huffs as you stand up “Help please?” You request of your friend. She lets out a sigh and takes your arm, and begins leading you towards the willow tree. You usually know the way but your friend had taken you to an unfamiliar place in the forest so you don’t know the way to your willow tree. Artemis doesn’t say another word to you as you walk at her side, all you hear is birds chirping, the breeze in the trees and her quiet breathing.
      You hug your Nai to your chest again, wanting to play it when you got there, you always have loved the sound of your Nai, it was a present from your parents before they left for a trip and you haven’t heard from them since. You taught yourself how to play it, having no instructor, and your friend having no knowledge of how to play the instrument. Ears lift as you hear the distinct rustling of the willow’s leaves and you get out of your friend’s grip and run up the small hill to the tree.
      You get to the trunk of the tree and you gently reach out and touch the rough bark of the tree, listening to the rushing noise of the breeze through the tree. You turn around and lean against the tree, sliding down so you are sitting against the tree with your legs crossed; pulling your Nai up to your lips you play a few notes, making sure that you have your bearing on the notes. You hear your friend sit next to you, she actually enjoys when you play your Nai, but she never really tells you outwardly.
      After a few minutes of playing your Nai you stop and lean your head back but you bump your horns, obviously they get your friend’s attention. “Alright, you’ve had your tree fun, now can we go do something else?” She asks, sounding a bit exasperated. You set your Nai on your lap and turn your head to where her voice had come from, “Fine, we can go do something else if you are so insistent,” You submit quietly. She smiles a bit and helps you up before taking your arm again and leading you back into the forest.
      You try and keep up the pace with her, you don’t protest though when you stub a toe on something she didn’t warn you about, you just make a pained noise and keep following her. “Ah here we go, the swamp, I’m in need of some cattails, “She tells you before leaving you. Hearing splashing you assume she is in the water of the swamp, it smells a bit unpleasant but you ignore it and sit down, you feel some long, feeler like leaves brush your arms and you bristle away from them.
      But you pause, hearing soft noises that aren’t coming from your friend, they sound almost like your Nai, but more natural and quiet, your ears lift from their more relaxed state to better hear the noises. You are intrigued by the noises; you stand up, wanting to know where the noises are coming from. “Syr what are you doing?” Artemis calls after you, she is standing in the swamp, about knee deep, looking at you stand and look around frantically. “Noises, I hear noises like my Nai, “You tell her, looking frantically around until you trip and fall into the reeds of the swamp.
      You lay there in surprise, not drenched, but just a bit damp and shocked, the noise is more amplified here, you are confused still, wondering where the noises are coming from. You hear splashing again, “Syr!” Artemis comes up and looks at you funny as you lay there, not really fazed by your fall as much as she thought you were. She stops and looks around, “You’re just hearing the reeds Syr, get over it, “ She mutters, unamused at your discovery.
      “It’s fascinating is it not Artemis?” She waves a paw dismissively and goes back to collecting her cattails while you lay quietly in the reeds, listening to their soothing sound.
      [963 words total]

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫
Last edited by Chasing Dreams on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chasing Dreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ceiral #108

Postby IzzyBee » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:16 am

♪ Username:
      IzzyBee

♫ Name:
      Syrinx (Συρινξ), in Greek mythology she was a nymph and also a follower of Artemis and the creator of the panflute

♪ Gender:
      Female
    ♫ Favorite instrument to play?:
      Panflute, particularly the Nai, which is a Romanian diatonic panflute. She plays them proficiently and has two sets, a larger set and a smaller set. She loves them for their unique, rich sound, she liked hearing them as a kid and wanted to learn to play them. They are easy for her to play since she knows the notes by muscle memory, and the fact that one side is the high notes, and the other side are the lower notes.

♪ Short Story:
    Featuring Downn's Artemis

You are quietly sitting by a brook, a clear, quiet brook, you can’t exactly see the beauty of your surroundings, but your friend Artemis seems to think they are fascinating, you are uncertain so you just keep a hold on your Nai and listen to her babble about the rocks in the stream. You lift your head up for a moment, somewhat wishing that you could see the world around you. You still hear your friend blabbing on and on; letting out a sigh you lower your head and stroke the top of your Nai.
      “Hey Sry! Are you even listening to me?” You hear your friend call to you; you jump a bit, startled by her outburst. Nonetheless you respond with a quiet shrug, “I don’t really find rocks an interested subject Artemis, can we do something else please?” You ask her, you hear some splashing in the water and your friend grabs onto one of your horns. “You got any better ideas Syr?” She challenged, though you can’t see the smirk on her face and she knows it.
      “No I don’t, but this isn’t something I enjoy Artemis, “ You tell her, your voice unfazed and unamused, “Please let go of my horn, “ You request of her. She snorts and lets go of the horn roughly, “Alright, what do you have in mind than?” She asks her hands on her hips as she looks at you impatiently. “What if we go to the willow tree?” Your soft voice exits your mouth; the willow tree is one of your favorite places, serene and picturesque.
      “Alright alright, fine, we can go to your willow tree, “Artemis huffs as you stand up “Help please?” You request of your friend. She lets out a sigh and takes your arm, and begins leading you towards the willow tree. You usually know the way but your friend had taken you to an unfamiliar place in the forest so you don’t know the way to your willow tree. Artemis doesn’t say another word to you as you walk at her side, all you hear is birds chirping, the breeze in the trees and her quiet breathing.
      You hug your Nai to your chest again, wanting to play it when you got there, you always have loved the sound of your Nai, it was a present from your parents before they left for a trip and you haven’t heard from them since. You taught yourself how to play it, having no instructor, and your friend having no knowledge of how to play the instrument. Ears lift as you hear the distinct rustling of the willow’s leaves and you get out of your friend’s grip and run up the small hill to the tree.
      You get to the trunk of the tree and you gently reach out and touch the rough bark of the tree, listening to the rushing noise of the breeze through the tree. You turn around and lean against the tree, sliding down so you are sitting against the tree with your legs crossed; pulling your Nai up to your lips you play a few notes, making sure that you have your bearing on the notes. You hear your friend sit next to you, she actually enjoys when you play your Nai, but she never really tells you outwardly.
      After a few minutes of playing your Nai you stop and lean your head back but you bump your horns, obviously they get your friend’s attention. “Alright, you’ve had your tree fun, now can we go do something else?” She asks, sounding a bit exasperated. You set your Nai on your lap and turn your head to where her voice had come from, “Fine, we can go do something else if you are so insistent,” You submit quietly. She smiles a bit and helps you up before taking your arm again and leading you back into the forest.
      You try and keep up the pace with her, you don’t protest though when you stub a toe on something she didn’t warn you about, you just make a pained noise and keep following her. “Ah here we go, the swamp, I’m in need of some cattails, “She tells you before leaving you. Hearing splashing you assume she is in the water of the swamp, it smells a bit unpleasant but you ignore it and sit down, you feel some long, feeler like leaves brush your arms and you bristle away from them.
      But you pause, hearing soft noises that aren’t coming from your friend, they sound almost like your Nai, but more natural and quiet, your ears lift from their more relaxed state to better hear the noises. You are intrigued by the noises; you stand up, wanting to know where the noises are coming from. “Syr what are you doing?” Artemis calls after you, she is standing in the swamp, about knee deep, looking at you stand and look around frantically. “Noises, I hear noises like my Nai, “You tell her, looking frantically around until you trip and fall into the reeds of the swamp.
      You lay there in surprise, not drenched, but just a bit damp and shocked, the noise is more amplified here, you are confused still, wondering where the noises are coming from. You hear splashing again, “Syr!” Artemis comes up and looks at you funny as you lay there, not really fazed by your fall as much as she thought you were. She stops and looks around, “You’re just hearing the reeds Syr, get over it, “ She mutters, unamused at your discovery.
      “It’s fascinating is it not Artemis?” She waves a paw dismissively and goes back to collecting her cattails while you lay quietly in the reeds, listening to their soothing sound.
      [963 words total]

Last edited by IzzyBee on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
IzzyBee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AmberSky. » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:17 am

Username:
Name:
Short Story:

Music is my life and I loooove the design, how could I not reserve? <3

PM me if you would like to rp with any of the characters below <3

JBD;; Raisa.
Kiamaras;; Keeva and Nevan.
Ceiral;; Nayeli.
Foxer;; Zo.

Updates wrote:Searching for character art! <3
Oh, and commissions are only open on DA.

AmberSky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:18 am

Username: ~Willow
Name: Charlotte
Favorite instrument to play?: Cello
Short Story:
WiP

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sambee » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:19 am

Username:
}»»

Name:
}»»

Favorite instrument to play?:
}»»

Short Story:
}»»
Last edited by Sambee on Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Deep inhale-
ah
I'm a feral cryptid that's scared of people!!!
if I don't respond to pms please forgive me it's nothing personal!
Sambee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger111 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:20 am

Username:

Tiger111
Name:
Viola
Favorite instrument to play?:
Double Bass
Short Story:

reserved ovo-b

sometimes i remember this website exists!!! heck yeah

if u need me for some reason u can find me other places ..
i check my dA every half a year or so if ur lucky
Tiger111

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Clara||The Clarinetist

Postby Lᴀᴅʏ 美夜子 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:11 am

Username;;
Name;; Clara. Clara is a variant of Clarus; which is of Latin origin and means 'bright' and 'famous'. And Clara's colors are quite bright ,and she is quite famous for her playing skills. Considering she's blind.
Gender;; Female.
Favorite instrument;; The clarinet. She loves the fact that it can go high, low, and medium. She loves the way it feels in her paws. The smooth, silky wood and the
Story;;
wip
Last edited by Lᴀᴅʏ 美夜子 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Hey there, Delilah
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
wordswordswordsWʜᴀᴛ's ɪᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪɴ Nᴇᴡ Yᴏʀᴋ Cɪᴛʏ?
Bᴜᴛ, ɢɪʀʟ, ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴏᴋ sᴏ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ
Yes, you do
wordswordswordsTɪᴍᴇs sǫᴜᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʜɪɴᴇ ᴀs ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I swear, it's true
xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
Lᴀᴅʏ 美夜子

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waterstar. » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:44 am

ImageImage
Username: Waterstar2002
Name: Meira;; light ;; Hebrew & Israeli
in hebrew; MEIRIT
Favorite instrument to play?: pan flute
Short Story:

┏─────────────┓
- why bees are dying
- what you can do
- green peace
- (my) kalons
- (my) simas
- new youtube restrictions
- trump delays bees
- why bees are important

┖─────────────┚

Hello everyone, this is Acid-tripp. I'm Water's younger sibling. She has since moved and forgotten about CS but is happy. Any activity on her account since around 2018 I believe has been me. I'm sorry for all of the people still active who wish to communicate with her but can't. I wish you all a great day/night and i'm sorry.
waterstar.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BaBleu » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:32 pm

Username:
Name:
Short Story:
BaBleu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wind Frost » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:53 am

Banner © me

Wind Frost

Marimba, because that is a type of beautiful instrument that I fell in love with when I first heard one.

Female, and I can't Imagine this beauty being any other way.

Obviously, Marimba loves to play the Marimbas because she, like me, absolutely adores the sound they make, and the fact that she is blind makes her love them even more. Marimba also likes them because she used to play the piano but gave up because she kept forgetting where the notes were, then heard others speaking of the Marimba in a shop window, and has had them ever since she became a child.

In was my first Christmas. It was in my favorite music shop. I was walking along for presents and held my blind-stick in my paw. I could feel stares burning into my fur from all directions, but mainly at my stick or my grey eyes. I was headed to my favorite music store to find something interesting, and I could feel something and know what it was immediately.
The blue door swung open and I entered the store, and heard immediately the sound of flutes, oboes, violins and many other wonderful instruments. It was a sunny day today, I could feel the sun on my back, and put sunglasses on so nobody could see my eyes.
Then I heard it. The most wonderful sound of all. It sounded like a piano with a xylophone, but more beautiful. When middle C played, I knew I had to have the wonder of music that created that note.
I walked over to the noise, and heard it getting louder and louder, then I bumped into something, and it made a chime so beautiful, I had to gasp with amazement.
I then heard a gentle voice; "Hello, ma'am. Would you like to try this Marimba?"
"AH! Would I?" I replied, and set my stick down and was lead to a room. I heard the Marimba being set down on the floor, and I chimed a few notes. After that, I said, "I want to buy it. I'll give you six-thousand for it."
I knew there was a surprised look on the other's face, "Umm, OK," and handed me the Marimba.
The other lead me back to the main room and i could still hear the wonderful sound of a flute being played in the clang and toot of every other instrument I could hear. My ears swivelled round to another Marimba, and I stepped over to where the sound was. I could hear a few sound in the area I was now standing in, and it went quiet in that area and I could feel there confused stares burning through me like lava, at my eyes. They continued to stare, because they were still quiet, then I finally remarked some words of wisdom, "But that Marimba. You'll love it."
I walked away, still feeling the sear of stares in my back, then I head them start to whisper and play their instruments again. I moved my stick round and headed towards the till. Feeling the gentle smile of the Ceiral at the till, I held out the Marimba, "Please. This please."
I heard the Ceiral's fur rustle in a way that made me know he or she was nodding. They took the Marimba gently out of my paw and asked, "six-thousand please."
What luck, because I had my prepaid credit card stashed with at least 50,000 pounds on it, so I swiped the card in the credit card machine and the Ceiral gave it back to me, and I could feel their smile warming me up, "Have a Merry Christmas, ma'am!"
"Thank you! You too!" I replied, and I began to make my way to the door. No matter what, I would keep this Marimba, and I would die with it. I would keep it if it broke, I would never give it up, even for all the gold in the world.
Opening the door, I heard a shout, "Marimba!" It was my younger sister coming to pick me up, and she asked, "What's in the bag? It is something for me?"
I chuckled, and opened the bag. She gasped, " My eyes are wide and my mouth is open! That Marimba is beautiful! Can I try it when we get home?"
Laughing again, I walked over to the square of the town, my sister leading me, " Sure! It's Christmas Day anyways! I was taught how to play it in the music shop over there," I told her, pointing to Musical Names, the shop I bought my Marimba in. " So, where do you want to go?"
I felt her looking at me, "Coffee Shop? I'm starving!"
Chuckling again, we walked over to the Coffee Shop merrily.
That was it. The Marimba was mine. I'd never felt like a happier Ceiral.

Last edited by Wind Frost on Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
Tiny Little Boxes wrote:W I N
D F R O S T

My Charden

I iz bored
Shut up millie you're always bored
Imma dig hole and die now XD
IMMA FOLLOW YOOOUUUUU

Wind Frost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery