24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Ceiral #88 - winner

Postby Chasing Dreams » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:27 am

Commander Shepard wrote:

Username:
Commander Shepard

Name:
Binary Helix (after the Helix nebula, the double helix nebula *which the design reminded me of xD*, and inadvertently after Binary Helix, a company in the Mass Effect series.) He prefers to simply go by 'Helix', though he is not opposed to 'Binary'.

Personality:

(A small note: I'm writing/will play Helix in a more anthro state, as it just allows a little more freedom for his characterization and interests, since I've gotten very attached very fast *plus, I've just seen several in the past who were in more urban environments/things like that and most species info seems to be kind of scattered, though I have been looking* xD In a feral state, he'd still be a highly intelligent chatterbox, though his focus would be more on stellar navigation, outsmarting predators, etc.)

The world is a puzzle, and he's got the brain to crack it. While most Ceirals aren't fully nocturnal, Helix lives and breathes the night life in his little coastal city-- in part due to a condition with his eyes, where they have been left colorless and incredibly sensitive to the UV rays in sunlight (though he has since procured a set of-- in his humble opinion-- wicked looking protective shades so he can get around during the day). But night is when there's stars, when he can spy distant, long-dead systems from before the planet was ever even formed. Helix can often be found hanging from a tree (or rather, rafters, now that he's moved out of the wild and taken up residence with Basil, a Jellybean Dragon he met some time ago) not asleep, but reading something or another-- he has a great love for astronomy, but his interests range to include aviation, bird biology, ceiral biology (he is especially interested in just how his species' fur works), how to make neon signs, chemistry, and even fringe sciences exploring the possibility of things like cyborgs/androids, FTL travel, teleportation and the like; and he is more than happy to start explaining it, even if that wasn't quite what the other party had wanted.

If he's indulging in fiction... well, Helix is actually more likely to be picking up a fantasy novel than a sci-fi one; though he says that's more because "current authors seem to think they're the same thing. Fantasy's for sword and sorcery, magic stuff; sci-fi is supposed to be about exploring the future and... well, it's called science fiction for a reason!"... and then you'd either run off or just prepare for a ten minute long lecture. Which is kind of ranty. Well. Mostly a rant. But in the end, if he's going to deal with total impossibility, might as well go the whole hog and have some dragons too.

However, he has a great deal of praise for sci-fi video games and TV shows-- he can often be found playing the likes of Mass Effect, Half-Life (and Portal, though he mostly played that just to see what the fuss was about) or Bioshock, and was an ardent follower of Fringe (and now follows what is widely considered to be its spiritual successor, Orphan Black; and he's added 'cloning' to his ever-expanding list of things to learn). He also was an avid fan of the Discovery Channel, and adored their space programs... but since those have been mostly pushed aside, he's given up on it entirely (though sometimes Basil can talk him into watching the odd oceanic documentary that pops up). Basil also often has to remind Helix that he has to... well, eat; the poor ceiral often gets so wrapped up in his other pursuits that he inadvertently winds up skipping a meal... or several; which starts leaving him cranky and prone to ranting about the first thing to get on his nerves and...

Well, at that point, it's best to let him go or try to distract him. Music is usually a good choice there, especially anything with a good techno edge to it. Though he doesn't have any skill in making music (or singing, for that matter), between his time with Basil and hanging out in the city, Helix has become a decent DJ, usually getting a chance to show his stuff during the beach parties that often occur during the summer months. When he's not up in charge of the music and announcements, you can most certainly find Binary out in the dance floor, and whenever possible, he takes advantage of his species' unique foot pads and tail strength to pull off some very interesting moves.

One Extra:

(Note: Basil and Binary are both being portrayed in a semi-anthro form, where they still retain most of their usual form *fur-covered, Basil is horned, tails, etc*, but wear clothes, front appendages are formed more like hands, and they're usually on two legs; though they can go kind of back and forth.)

Binary Helix growled under his breath, wriggling away from something incessantly prodding against his side. He'd been in the middle of such an incredible dream, but now he couldn't remember a bit of it... though the lingering feeling made him wonder if it had something to do with robots. He hadn't had those dreams for a while.

"I know you're awake, come on! We've got to get going!"

Helix sighed, reluctantly sitting up and rubbing at his eyes, shielding them from the bright mid-afternoon light streaming through the window, despite the heavy curtains he'd put up.

"Basil, it's still daylight," he grumbled, curling his tail over his face and trying to pull the covers back over himself, but Basil snatched them away before he could. The jellybean dragon tugged on Helix's arm, eventually dragging the cerial out of bed entirely and into a crumpled heap of violet and pink-orange fur.

"It's four in the afternoon," Basil said, crossing his arms and sitting on the floor.

Helix rolled his eyes, getting to his feet and stretching out, working out the stiffness in his back and tail. "Alright, so what's so important that you have to risk me getting blinded?" he mumbled, squinting and turning towards Basil, who wore a slight grin.

"The bonfire tonight?"

That was enough to get Helix awake, his ears perking up and his eyes brightening. The bonfire, how could he have forgotten it, he'd been looking forward to it all week-- partly due to the fact that he was supposed to provide the music. And he had 'volunteered' (more like gotten volunteered by Basil) to help with set up... which was probably occurring right now. Helix sighed and scratched his ears before shambling over towards the bean, putting on the most resigned look he could manage. "Fine, fine, if it's for the party," he sighed, reaching for the brush so he could smooth down his fur. "But if I go blind--"

"I know, I'll serve as your loyal guide from now until the day you die," Basil finished, rolling his eyes and giving Helix a light tap with his tail and darting out of the room.

Helix just snorted, shaking his head and resuming the task of brushing his tail. "I don't threaten it that often, do I?" he muttered to himself, setting the brush aside and grabbing his sunglasses, following Basil out to the beach.

It was a brilliant day, the sky robin's-egg blue and dotted with puffy (but not stormy, much to Helix's relief) clouds, the sun shining bright and hot over the sand but eased by the chilly winds rolling off of the sea. There was already a crowd gathered along the beach, a mix of humans, and he could see other cerials, dragons, and who only knew what else scattered around, setting up tables, chairs and lights; some had already started cooking, Helix could already smell roasting apples and peaches that made his mouth water.

-wip... though to be honest if I don't finish this story by the time this closes, you can still judge my form as-is, the personality section was the important bit xD-
Last edited by Chasing Dreams on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chasing Dreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ceiral #89

Postby Clara Erassari » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:33 am

Reserved~ <3
ImageXXImage
Important Links
━━ ...☽⋆☾... ━━
Plumerians
Ask | DA | FR
My Kias | My Plumes
My Kintaurs

━━ ...☽⋆☾... ━━

Important People
━━ ...☽⋆☾... ━━
Polaris | Kat | Pure
Bloodscythe | Fennec

━━ ...☽⋆☾... ━━
ImageXImageXImage
━━ ...☽⋆☾... ━━
........................................................................................
I'm pretty much completely inactive on here now, although I am
happy to help wherever I am needed. ;w;"
With that being said, feel free to message me for any reason, and
I'll answer when I can.
I am a mod for Plumes, so I can answer any questions regarding
them as well.

........................................................................................
━ everywнere we looĸ, coмpleх мagιc oғ naтυre вlazeѕ вeғore oυr eyeѕ. ━
ImageXXImageXXImage
━ ѕoмe dayѕ are ѕpecιal. ѕoмe dayѕ are ѕo, ѕo вleѕѕed... ━
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX━ ѕoмe dayѕ, noвody dιeѕ aт all. ━
Clara Erassari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frostt. » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:54 am

Reserve c:
frostt.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geotalon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:48 am

Reserved I hope <3
geotalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mango sherbet » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:23 am

gorgeous, but i won't be entering! good luck everyone uvu
more or less quit cs, you can contact me through:
deviantart - username: mango-sherbet
ask.fm - username: mangusherbet
tumblr - url: yitzbecca

mango sherbet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pine. » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:18 am

gorgeous ceiral bab <3
Could you change the number to 88 for me though ;u;
ty so much ahead of time bab <333
Art State wrote:Commissions:
-Closed
Art Trades:
-Closed
Requests:
-Closed
My Links wrote:Ask.fm:
-X
DeviantArt:
-X
Ceirals:
X
No longer on chickensmoothie, please contact me via deviantart

Pine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chasing Dreams » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:26 am

Pine. wrote:gorgeous ceiral bab <3
Could you change the number to 88 for me though ;u;
ty so much ahead of time bab <333

Fixed, no problem luv :3
Chasing Dreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ceiral #88

Postby PolarizedVertigo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:37 am

Username:+Bear+
Name: Nubilis
Personality: Vary flirty, protective, sweet, and loving.
One Extra:
You are my guiding star
The bright star
The innocent star
You might be my star
till i get you you fill my hope,
my dreams,
Now not the time to mope,
wait till time makes you mine,
ill be your angel in the sky,
wait by me my star,
my guiding,bright,innocent star.
Not very active now that i got my life together and stuff, i apologize ^^
PolarizedVertigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby freckledfangirl » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:43 am

Username:
Name:
Personality:
One Extra:

Possible reserve
i am extremely inactive here. find me here. vv

instagram + vine

also im love live trash
freckledfangirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby L O K I » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:01 pm

Reserved with the name Altair or Sabik

▬▬▬ Born to be king // ▬▬▬
♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ in return
_______ [ a front row seat ] ↵ ↵

Foxerfly Adopts link link

-------------------------------

After all this time, now you come to visit
me, brother? Why? To mock?

I need your help. And I wish I could trust you...
If you did, you'd be the fool I always took you for.

-------------------------------

[signature by galaxy cat ;;]
L O K I

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me