Artist SerenWish [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Witch Doctor Horse Adopt

Postby SerenWish » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:05 pm

sapphirespirit wrote:Username:sapphirespirit
Name: Doktè Sòsyè (witch doctor in Haitian Creole)
Color: Silver Sooty Buckskin
Breed: Haitian Mustang X Florida Cracker

The Haitian mustang is what they call them today, and truthfully i am unaware as to their true origins. However, both of the breeds listed above were introduced to Haiti by the Spaniards. The Haitian horses now are described as
“Barb type, under 14 hands, 500 lbs, tough-as-nail, beasts that live on whatever they can forage in desert like conditions".

add in another breed in the mix,the Florida Cracker, and he now isn't too terribly short, or underweight. ^^

Design him a Festival:'
Every year, on October 26th, The tribes people of a small, near forgotten Haitian town gather in their Village center. They carry with them magnificent offerings and impressive feasts. Every townsperson , every man woman and child, chatter excitedly as they decorate their village. Each passage decorated with brightly colored flowers, each street scattered with equally colorful petals. Dusk has fallen- and the last golden rays trinkle through the clouds and amplify the excitement in the townspeople. the children laugh and squeal in delight among themselves-chasing one another through the crowds in search of the best view they can get. Slowly but surely the people gather round the streets , each aiming for the best possible view of the road leading into the village. For this night, this hallowed eve, The parade of Loas was to come to their humble village. This new and rapidly growing tradition, oddly enough, as a prank. Young adolescents would take fast mounts and dress as Rival Tribe's Loas. They would then ride through the village-destroying and stealing what they could. They would then ride to the next village and repeat their efforts. There was much squabbling in the land- many threats of war, much confusion. Until, that is, the various local witch doctors and voodoo queens caught wind of it. They dare not mock the Loas, you see. They know of their power.
One night the hellacious group was about their mockery. The elders -these witch doctors and voodoo queens- had grown tired of their antics, and had planned to stop it. No one is quite sure how they stopped it- perhaps they called upon their Loas for powers to do so. All that is known, is that the group disappeared, and left behindtheir fine mounts. One, in particular, was a fine large stallion, with hair like silver and a pelt like dirt smudged gold. He had a wild look in his eyes, but had a gentle heart and temperament. The eldest of the group claimed him as his own, and when the elders had planned to change this awful prank, into an honorable tradition- He took his fine stallion to each competition. Surely, his Loa had favored him. For each obstacle he was faced with , the stallion passed through with flying colors. Given this awesome ability- They all agreed that He should lead the parade through the towns. And to please Each Loa, and keep their favor- The eldest named him Simply "Witch Doctor" in their native tongue, and dresses him in simple and similar ritual items used by the villages. A peaceful , unified Mount, to lead the Parade of Loas was a fine idea to the elders. To bring peace and unity to the lands.
So, each night starting early in October, and continuing until early November, one witch Doctor from each tribe takes their finest steed and decorate them in a particular Voodoo Loa's garb- be it their symbols painted on the mounts, or their accessories pinned along the tack and hair of the mount. One way or another, they decorate their mount to resemble the Tribe's selected Loa. Each Steed must first compete in a series of tests-designed by said Witch doctors and Voodoo Queens, to deem whether or not they are worthy to carry the Loa's persona through the various villages. It is said that if the Loa is pleased- the tribe will have it's blessing and favor. However, if the Loa is not amused, the village then experiences terrible turns of events, and awful Loa curses.
As you can imagine, each tribe does their very best to please their Loa.
And each parade night- though at times with a different rider- The fine Silver haired stallion leads the Parade of Loas- reminding all of their peaceful communities, of their unity in Life's struggles.

oh my giddy aunt. you know of my voodoo habits. this little guy fits right along there too! Gonna try hardtop get him!!
Can we add anything? (art,story,etc?)

ART:

POEM:
WIP
Last edited by SerenWish on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Witch Doctor Horse Adopt

Postby The Alpha. » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Username: Leftinggg
Show Name War Horse of the Savanah
Barn Name: War
Breed: Boer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boer_pony
Design him a Festival: WIP <3
Last edited by The Alpha. on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mara - she/her - bi
"i can bring you in warm, or i can bring you in cold"

The Alpha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teresa8oats » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:24 pm

Wow this guy is stunning~
Last edited by teresa8oats on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏───────────────────────┓

linklinklink

Signature Credit || art above by PollyPoos || art on left by ty_tay

┖───────────────────────┚
W E L C O M E
┏───────────────────────┓
CWHR

Text text text text text text
Text text text text text text

┖───────────────────────┚
T O........C O T T O N W O O D

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
teresa8oats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphirespirit » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:50 pm

Username:sapphirespirit

The Haitian mustang is what they call them today, and truthfully i am unaware as to their true origins. However, both of the breeds listed above were introduced to Haiti by the Spaniards. The Haitian horses now are described as
“Barb type, under 14 hands, 500 lbs, tough-as-nail, beasts that live on whatever they can forage in desert like conditions".

add in another breed in the mix,the Florida Cracker, and he now isn't too terribly short, or underweight. ^^

Every year, on October 26th, The tribes people of a small, near forgotten Haitian town gather in their Village center. They carry with them magnificent offerings and impressive feasts. Every townsperson , every man woman and child, chatter excitedly as they decorate their village. Each passage decorated with brightly colored flowers, each street scattered with equally colorful petals. Dusk has fallen- and the last golden rays trinkle through the clouds and amplify the excitement in the townspeople. the children laugh and squeal in delight among themselves-chasing one another through the crowds in search of the best view they can get. Slowly but surely the people gather round the streets , each aiming for the best possible view of the road leading into the village. For this night, this hallowed eve, The parade of Loas was to come to their humble village. This new and rapidly growing tradition, oddly enough, as a prank. Young adolescents would take fast mounts and dress as Rival Tribe's Loas. They would then ride through the village-destroying and stealing what they could. They would then ride to the next village and repeat their efforts. There was much squabbling in the land- many threats of war, much confusion. Until, that is, the various local witch doctors and voodoo queens caught wind of it. They dare not mock the Loas, you see. They know of their power.
One night the hellacious group was about their mockery. The elders -these witch doctors and voodoo queens- had grown tired of their antics, and had planned to stop it. No one is quite sure how they stopped it- perhaps they called upon their Loas for powers to do so. All that is known, is that the group disappeared, and left behindtheir fine mounts. One, in particular, was a fine large stallion, with hair like silver and a pelt like dirt smudged gold. He had a wild look in his eyes, but had a gentle heart and temperament. The eldest of the group claimed him as his own, and when the elders had planned to change this awful prank, into an honorable tradition- He took his fine stallion to each competition. Surely, his Loa had favored him. For each obstacle he was faced with , the stallion passed through with flying colors. Given this awesome ability- They all agreed that He should lead the parade through the towns. And to please Each Loa, and keep their favor- The eldest named him Simply "Witch Doctor" in their native tongue, and dresses him in simple and similar ritual items used by the villages. A peaceful , unified Mount, to lead the Parade of Loas was a fine idea to the elders. To bring peace and unity to the lands.
So, each night starting early in October, and continuing until early November, one witch Doctor from each tribe takes their finest steed and decorate them in a particular Voodoo Loa's garb- be it their symbols painted on the mounts, or their accessories pinned along the tack and hair of the mount. One way or another, they decorate their mount to resemble the Tribe's selected Loa. Each Steed must first compete in a series of tests-designed by said Witch doctors and Voodoo Queens, to deem whether or not they are worthy to carry the Loa's persona through the various villages. It is said that if the Loa is pleased- the tribe will have it's blessing and favor. However, if the Loa is not amused, the village then experiences terrible turns of events, and awful Loa curses.
As you can imagine, each tribe does their very best to please their Loa.
And each parade night- though at times with a different rider- The fine Silver haired stallion leads the Parade of Loas- reminding all of their peaceful communities, of their unity in Life's struggles.

oh my giddy aunt. you know of my voodoo habits. this little guy fits right along there too! Gonna try hardtop get him!!

ART:

POEM:
WIP
Last edited by sapphirespirit on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Sanctum In The Swamplands ,Sapphy's Carousel Menagerie
Silverbell Ranch Cattle Adopt, Eletoo,Aduiri
Seeking Stamps for my adoptables! Pm if interested.
I'm an artist at these adoptables:
Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

Seeking Art for my Fursona! Please PM me if interested!

My Cottonwood Horses (huge wip)
My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Hounds and Siberian River Hounds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheCryptid » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:59 pm

Reserve so hard <3 this is going to be fun! :D
TheCryptid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .holly999. » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Username:
Name:
Breed: (Must originate from somewhere other than North America or Europe.)
Design him a Festival:

Res
.holly999.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheCryptid » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:40 am

Username: Hey, Im Feel The Beat. Call me Beat :D
Name: "Hello. My name is WolfEye! "
Color: " I believe you humans call it a Silver Sooty Buckskin"
Breed: "I am a Spanish Mustang"
Design him a Festival:

You see tents in the distance. Many of 'em, and a tree grows near by one of them. Curiosity builds up in you as you wonder why it is so quiet. Suddenly, a silver sooty buckskin stallion trots up to you.

"Hey! You must be the new one, hm? I'm WolfHeart, named after my bravery and loyalty to others, I am the witchdoctor here, also. Your just in time! The day of The Moon is today, everyone is getting ready, of why its so quiet! Come on then, I'll show you around"

You quietly nod, and follow the stallion to where ever he leads you.

You follow WolfHeart to a field, were there are mares and foals, searching the ground and picking up flowers and feathers.

"Hey! SilverEyes! Come over here!"

A mare pricked up her head and trotted over with a smile, in her mouth she held flowers and feather's. She was a pretty appaloosa.

Hi WolfHeart! Good to see you again! And who's this?"

"That's the newb we where told about. I am showing him around."

"Oh! That's so nice of you! I'm SilverEyes, named after my good and sharp eye sight, I can spot anything a mile away! This is the field, by the way. It is the mare's and foals under 2 years to collect all the flowers, herbs, and feather for the festival, Day of the Moon. They will be used for the food, costumes, and decorations!"

You nod. If you are a girl, you stay and help SilverEyes collect. If you are a boy, you follow WolfHeart to the next area...

You come to a forested area. You see many muscular stallions and 2-3 year old colts. Some are collected and rolling logs into a pile, while others are crafting masks, bracelets etc.

"This is the Work Area, for stallions only! While the mares and foals do all the collected, we do this. Mostly they craft masks and accessories for the festival, but we do collect the logs and grass for the bonfire. Well, lets get to work! You go help that stallion over there with the mask, but because I am a witch doctor, I don't do this. I have to collect herbs and such for myself."

[b]"Wait! Can I go with you?"

the stallion nods with a smile, and leads you even deeper into the woods...[/b]

WIP!!
Last edited by TheCryptid on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheCryptid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Live.Love.Laugh. » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Username: .Live.Love.Laugh.
Name: Roanoke's African Magic
Breed: Boer X Barb X Cape Horse
Design him a Festival:
Last edited by .Live.Love.Laugh. on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
.Live.Love.Laugh.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SerenWish » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:23 am

sapphirespirit wrote:Username:

WIP

Not sure if I said this, but yes, you may. ;3

Make sure that your breeds are not north american/european everyone, and that you know: this guy is inspired by witch doctors/voodoo, not native american culture. XD
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me