:D a fiery appaloosa for 2013

Name:
SpartanAmethyst
Horse's Name:
Alosaka
Height:
16.2h
Gift/Omen:
The name "Alosaka" is from a Hopi myth about a god (named Alosaka, of course) who was responsible for crop growth. It was said the he was gentle, kind, and aloof. He does not bring rain, however, but instead if he appears nearby a village at the beginning of the growing season, then that village will have a grand harvest.

"It is sunrise when he is first seen," the old elder spoke softly, his dark eyes gazing longingly into the fire that crackled in the cold night. His grandchildren sat before him, mystified by the story, the flames sparkling in their eyes. He smiled, laugh lines adorning his aged face. "He is a creature of beauty and mystery, and is so rarely seen that those few that have seen him often don't remember what he looks like. But I do."

There was a long pause as a few of the mothers giggled at their children. "His coat speaks destruction; dark tones overlay a fiery bay, and his hair is short. He is not one of the coveted ones, not a rain-bringer, but instead of bringing trouble as many assume, he is also a sign of hope.

On the first morning of planting, in the hours before the sun has woken from it's slumber, the elders rise and pray. They chant and sing in the hopes of bringing fortune to the village and enticing the stallion to come close. At the first rays of light, of their prayers are answered he will appear on the horizon and come down into the village. Left to his own devices, he will choose whether or not the village deserves his blessing. If the hunters have been respectful to the game they've taken, the men responsible, and the women and children obedient, then he will tread on the fields. Wherever his hooves fall, it is said, are the best rows to plant in.

If the stallion does not see the village fit to have his blessing then he will leave, trodding on none of their land and leaving their harvest to chance. But his appearance is very rare; in my old age I have only seen him twice, and I've searched for him every season. But those seasons he does appear," the elder sighs. "It's like seeing a long lost friend."

The Elder took a deep breath before adding one more little piece to his story. Alosaka is also a destroyer, in his own way, but he only destroys what is dead and dying, and heralds the coming of new life. Sometimes he leaves the desert and moves into the forest, exploring the old and dying wood of certain areas before leaving again. Within the next day, there is a mystic wildfire that starts where he has walked, and it clears out the old vegetation and makes room for new growth. It has always been said that he alone holds the responsibility of growth, and he's always done his job."

Foals:

Izra'ilImage
ClaraImage
NikeImage
LenImage
Last edited by Neara on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
Picarto.Tv [off] | Join.Me [off]
ImageImageImage
Art by: Andiliion, Folktale, & gators and feigns Avatar by: me
Comissions: DA/USD only Art Trades: same skill lvl only Requests: -never- Redline: yes
D.A.M. | Fan Club | Characters/Fursona | W.o.I.
Neara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DAM: Mahogany Bay Ext. Varnish Roan Blanket

Postby lichenfeather » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:31 pm

Soo pretty... Unfortunately I promised myself no more... D: Oh well, it's amazing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ʀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɢᴏ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdeviantart | she/they

lichenfeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Survivor. » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Name: Serenaded By Angels
Horse's Name: Ra
Height: 16.2h
Gift/Omen: they say that when this fiery stallion is seen running across the desert during the sunrise, he brings good luck and good fortune to those who see him...but also a double edges sword. The myth goes that if you see him during the sunset, evil will follow.
How he got this myth? Listen well.....
Long ago, as the sun grew hot among the sands of ancient Egypt...there, where the Pyramids of Giza stood tall, lived a secretive herd of horses, unknown to man. Under that hot, burning sun, a colt was born with a pelt of fiery red. That day, the band was captured and all were killed, save the fiery red colt who was brought before the Pharaoh.
The pharaoh was pleased with this colt and immediately took him to his stables, where only the finest horses were kept. Months went by and the fiery red colt grew to be taller than any stallion there, and also, more powerful...but with his power, there was also his rage. He knew who had killed his herd that night. And he would get revenge.
One day, as the sun was beginning to rise, he got his chance. The Pharaoh had chosen him as his mount to ride into battle. The sand turned blood red as the sun rose higher, and as the sun rose over the mighty stallion, he threw back his head and screamed an unearthly scream. He was challenging the very sun as he bucked and threw the Pharaoh, his eyes a blazing red as his anger grew hot. He ran as fast as he could into the blazing desert, as the Pharaoh said that Ra had helped him escape.
Ra. The name that would stay with him forever. Considering Ra was the sun god, he liked it. Some say that every Pharaoh since then has seen the horse...his fiery red pelt a blur through the desert as the sun would rise...but they also said that those who saw him died shortly after, died a mysterious death.
Is this the same horse of legend? Or maybe an offspring? Only Ra knows.
Last edited by .Survivor. on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
do you suffer from panic or anxiety attacks? Come see the plushies I sell
Come join this discord warrior cat RP! We are having a contest!

I do get on occasionally.
xxxxxxSurvivorxxxxxx
I have had to take a couple years off of CS due to real life things. But im slowly getting back here now.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImage
I was beaten, bruised, abused, and yet I survived. I spoke up. Let others hear your voice. Fight. Be a warrior. Be a SURVIVOR.Image
Image no one understands what Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is. Unless you have it yourself.
Please, be aware that not all wounds are visible.Image
[/left]
.Survivor.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spare » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:49 pm

He's amazing! <3

But I don't think I'll try out for him. :U
Last edited by Spare on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnigmaticJackal » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:36 pm

Name: EnigmaticJackal
Horse's Name: Mesenet (An Egyptian goddess of childbirth)
Gift/Omen: The gift that comes with this mare is indeed a good one. It is said that is a pregnant woman even glances at this mare then she will be blessed with a healthy child. If the chief of a tribe sees the mare then all the children in the village will grow up strong regardless of the year's harvest. Another part of the legend is quick interesting but very unlikely. A foal that nurses on Mesenet's milk will grow to enormous height and will be incredibly fast. Few tribes will purposefully abandon foals in the desert assured by Mesenet's strong parental instincts to care for a foal. She has strong maternal instincts and will care for any lost foal she comes upon without worry of age.
Old Phone Who Dis?
EnigmaticJackal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementStar » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:46 pm

So much love...

Edit: I can't help myself ;A;

Name:
ElementStar

Horse's Name:
Cruor

Height:
16.2h

Gift/Omen:
Cruor translates to "blood, bloodshed, slaughter, murder, gore, blood from a wound" in Latin

Cruor is known as "Soulbrow" due to his white facial markings, he is also called "Blood Bringer" and "Soul Bringer" due to the story that follows his path.

Omen: Legends say that this stallion shall bring forth chaos, war, and madness.

You, the small white filly, along with your friends gather around the old mare as she prepares to tell a tale...

"Ah, young ones, let me sing you the tale of Soulbrow, the Blood Bringer or Soul Bringer. His name was Cruor, he did not receive the terrible titles such as Blood Bringer until the day he found a white mare with black and amber hair, these two mustangs planned to be forever bonded, but even their love could not save them. The mare was from a rival herd, and one day the leader of the heard went mad and killed the white mare. Almost every herd caught wind of the murder, along with the forbidden promise made between Cruor and the mare, and each of those herds blamed Cruor for her death. That day, he was named 'Blood Bringer' but he had yet to gain the name 'Soul Bringer' and 'Soulbrow'."

"Cruor was forced out of his herd, but he was soon accepted into a neighboring herd, one known for their battle ready warriors. He made his way up to lead warrior as a war ensued between Cruor's new herd and his old herd, along with the herd of the white mare he once loved. As Cruor prepared for battle, the spirits of fallen warriors appeared around him, listening to his commands for the battle that would soon follow. The living warriors refused to battle with cursed spirits, but the loss did no damage to Cruor's hunger for war."

"As Cruor and the cursed spirits charged into battle, the sand beneath their hooves became tainted and red as the blood they drew that day. Ever since that cursed war, Cruor has been an omen among the herds -except to the bravest of herds willing to accept the Blood Bringer- representing bloodshed and war."

You, the white filly, shiver as the elder mare finishes her story, but then you hear your sibling, the silver colt, ask "How do you know so much about Cruor?"
The elder mare sighed as she prepared to answer your sibling...

"My daughter was the white mare with the black and amber hair, she forced me to keep her and Cruor's promise a secret, and I did, unfortunately they were not careful and the leader of our herd killed her... the leader of our herd was her father."

You, along with your siblings and your friends, gasp at the fact the the white mare's father had killed her.

I made some fan art:
Last edited by ElementStar on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwe watch from the stars
ImageImage
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════╗
[ Just your friendly Element, here! I'm an aspiring digital artist, and
my work is mainly posted on my dA. Contact me there if you are
interested in my work! Art above by Peace&Colby and foreign.potato
Art below by Sixbane, Leodrolf, and TrollishTheTroll on DA ]
[ links tbd ]
ImageImage
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Image Image Image
ElementStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mordacious » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:14 pm

Name: Mordacious
Horse's Name: Tiermes
Gift/Omen: It is said that the sound of Tiermes thundering hooves on the golden sands of the desert bring rain. Not just any rain, but a thundering storm, hot, fiery, full of anger. The lightening, brought by this chaos, catches fire to the sands as it hits the burning ground.

[He brings a chaotic storm.]
basically quit lol

peace
mordacious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaylawolf » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Name: Kaylawolf
Horse's Name: Vesta
Gift/Omen: Unlike the long haired DAMs who brings rain, this short maned mare brings chaotic fire. She is said to have burned entire herds to the ground because of their cruelty to others, or their underestimation of Vesta's omen. Many do not know how dangerous a desert fire is; a desert fire will spread quickly because of the dry landscape and will only grow hotter. Vesta's flames are fueled by her anger, so the fire will not be a dismal flame but a chaotic blaze that only causes destruction and devastation. Of course fire does not always mean destruction, Vesta's flames can also create a new beginning for an already devastated herd. The ash from her flames will act as a composting agent to help plants grow.

It was different when there was a Stark in
Winterfell.

But the old wolf's dead and the young one's gone south

to play the
Game of Thrones,

and all that's left us is the ghosts.

Kaylawolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby indebted » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:05 pm

WIP!
i like dragon capitalism a lot lmao
indebted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mysty Fox » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Name: Mysty Fox
Horse's Name: Yee Naaldlooshii
Gift/Omen: "With it, she goes on all fours..."
There once was a woman, beautiful, inside and out. Good natured, kind, and loving, open and honest, yet straight-forward and very brilliant. She was the pride of her tribe, the one whom all others sought out, seeking her hand, her friendship, her love. She was destined for great things, but it wasn't to last.

A raid came, strangers from another land, of strange coloring and words, and brought with them Death and Chaos. When at last the strsngers had gone, there wasn't anything left untainted by the strangers, including the beautiful woman. Now, cursed to be childless, and the only one left of her tribe she sought out a practioner of ’ánt’įįhnii, "witchcraft". At first, her Ánt’įįhnii refused to teach her, but finally consented. The beautiful woman learned the ways of "Witchery", and her once pure heart now steeped with hate and pain, gladly welcomed this dark side.

Once she had learned what she needed from her teacher, he was the first of her victims, followed closely by the strangers who'd brought this choice upon her. And the beautiful woman became a Curse upon the land. Skinwalker. Bringer of Death and Torment, she lingers in the desert, waiting and watching. Bringing upset and chaos to those she feels threaten her or her tribal lands.

Beware, and be forewarned, this creature can wear the skin of many, but truly delights in the skin of a beautiful Desert Appaloosa Mustang, her brilliant coat leading unsuspecting victims straight into her trap.

WIP <3

Mysty's Spot
Listening To: Fight Like A Girl - Emilie Autumn
Working On: Surviving the cold...
Mood: Cold…
Art Commissions: Closed.
Art Designs/Competitions: Open
dA: TaushaShea
Quote Of The Day: "For there is no such thing as justice,
all the best that we can hope for is revenge"
Character Thread: Runes/Characters
Checking Out: Eldemore