Re: Ancient Of Pestilence

Postby Horneddragon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:36 pm

Come on guys, Its not worth whining over ^^" I've been on CS for.. 3 going on 4 years now, I've had quite a bit of time to amass pets, Azure is also from the 2009 range and most likely has spent her time getting her pets as well. It also takes luck, I was lucky enough to get every dragon (except the darn PPS Blue) that has been released so far, I have also had a re-release Banana, your not going to get awesome pets in one night, its almost impossible unless you run into some seriously generous people. Just keep your hopes and spirits up, be diligent, and one day you'll be able to have your own ancient ^^

@ TB its not worth getting so worked up over a loss, more so for a loss of something that is online and has no real merit "in real life". I'm sorry that you have traded away pets that you held dear to your heart for a chance at winning this ancient, but really look at it this way, if you truly cared for them, would you have ever traded them away? Going for an Ancient is like gambling, only one person can win wile the others fail, and you have a very slim chance of wining even then. Comments like this are the things that stress out artists, and make them not want to continue working on adoptables, I know this from experience, but there is something you need to remember as well, though runes may be an amazing and creative species, they are nothing but pixels, It is not worth it to stress yourself out over them, and a loss of one is certainly not worth crying over. Just like there will always be another rune to replace the next, so will there b another ancient, I know what your thinking, buts there will never be another ancient like THIS one, yes i know, but that is the beauty of the thing, there will be another more jaw dropping ancient later on that will catch your eye and wipe away the sting of loosing this one. Trust me, I know, With the combined talent of both Bena and her sister, and the growing epicness of the runes as time goes on, there will be another ancient that catches your eye that you want more than this one, one that will fit you perfectly, one that will make you look back and laugh on this conversation and your comments. Trust me.

On a side note, I am truly sorry if i have overstepped my boundaries in any way with this post, It just .. upsets me, i guess would be the correct term, when i see people getting upset online about not winning a certain adoptable. Its what originally made me get out of the business, and is also not healthy for the user, and the artist thanks to the stress.

I've taken my time to write out this message and have chosen my words carefully so as not to offend anyone, I'm truly sorry if you are offended by this, but this is made from both my opinions and my experience here on CS. Bena, your work is amazing and is worth many high Rares list pets, and i have nothing but the up-most respect or you as an artist, and I am very sorry if I offended you in anyway while writing this, and I hope you will for give me it I have.

Sincerely, Horneddragon
|| The House of Belant || || Fursona || || Characters || || Daeets || || C.R.A.A. || || Muse || || Writing || || Join me on Howrse?||
|-| My Universe Will Never be the same |-|

Quote of the day wrote:
Firi Okan; Currently available; #6; #4
Horneddragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:46 pm

Thank you for your kind words Horneddragon and you have every right to bid like anyone else. I am in no way offended and I can understand both sides of the situation. I know all of you are trying very hard to obtain and Ancient and without my sister's help there would only be one Ancient released every month instead of two. It is no fun to lose something you try so hard for and both me and my sister often feel bad for only having to choose one winner for our runes when we know you all deserve it.

With Ancients it is a bit easier because it is simply who has the best bid. I would never ask any of you to part with pets you love and any pets I do obtain from these auctions I love just as dearly and I never trade them unless it is with my sister. It takes us a month to draw up these dragons because we want you guys to be paying for the best of the best! We believe you deserve no less which is why we will put eight to ten hours into one drawing with many sessions in between. Not only that, we also place up a story which is meant to be personal to the one who gets the dragon as well as a small journal chart so that you can see size comparison and profiles in case others need more references to draw it. All in all, a lot of work goes into these Ancients besides the eight hours spent to make it and we do not have to do any of this, but we place a unique and personal story for every rune we release and the one's placed with Ancients take a lot of time and thought to create. I want to try and get everyone a rune and to also make you guys ancients as well, this is why I also placed up the growing ancient opportunity as well. I wanted to give more chances to get something special.

I just want to thank you all for your support in these species and understand that we always try. I will not get onto anyone being disappointed, this is a normal part of all this and I have experienced it as well. Just as long as you don't make anyone feel bad about winning, the one who wins this dragon worked hard for it and I can assure you that they probably do not give up so many rare pets lightly. Whoever wins this Ancient should be congratulated for their hard work and I bet you they will love this thing to death...well you know since he is Pestilence and all. We always start on the next two Ancients as soon as this one is released, so rest assured Ancients will always be supplied and everyone will have a chance. Thank you all for your amazing support and you can always PM me if you have any questions. ~Thorn
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:33 am

1st Place: Azure Is currently in first place with her two main list rares, the Rose PPS and the Red Toxic. She is also offering up a Black Advent and a very sought after pet. Along with the other rares and wishlist pets, this places her first!
2nd Place: Horneddragon's stunning amount of wishlist pets, rares, very rares, and September list pets, place her second!
3rd Place: Willow is in third with advent Christmas rat and other wishlist pets!
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:26 am

Judging for this Ancient ends today at midnight CS time!
Be sure to get you bids in before then and good luck everyone! ~Thorn
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:04 am

You have two hours before judging ends!
Be sure to get any last min bids in and good luck to you all~
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:59 am

Winner Announced!
Congratulations to Azure23!

Thank you for your amazing bid and I hope you enjoy your new Ancient! Also, a big thank you for everyone who participated and I hope you guys are looking forward to the next release of the last two Apocalyptic Ancients, War and Conquest!
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azure23 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:02 pm

[Thank you so much for Mephistopheles. I will treasure him forever. Please take care of the pets I traded in return. :3]
Eldemore.com! wrote:Image
Azure23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Temperance. » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Congrats Azure!!!
You won an epic ancient :3 I can see him and Falanon getting into a lot of arguments lol XD
Hope you have fun with him :3

══════════════════════════════════════
T E M P E R A N C E
══════════════════════════════════════

Female| INFJ |Christian | Kintaur Mod

ImageImageImage

> Call me Temperance, Tempy, Kat, or whatever you feel like.
> I love animals and decided to pursue a dog training career c:
> I have broad tv interests; everything from anime to sci-fi
> Banished is my new fave series (gifs to left are from the show)
> Literate writer with oodles of characters but very little time.
> Canadian!!! Whoop whoop! Bring on the maple syrup ;P
> Only posting occasionally - sort of on a semi hiatus

Temperance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azure23 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:27 pm

[Thanks Ashwyn. :3 They would prolly get into arguements, now I must draw that. Lol. x3]
Eldemore.com! wrote:Image
Azure23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Horneddragon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Congratulations Azure, I knew you'd win,

I guess this will be your most treasured B-day present :P
|| The House of Belant || || Fursona || || Characters || || Daeets || || C.R.A.A. || || Muse || || Writing || || Join me on Howrse?||
|-| My Universe Will Never be the same |-|

Quote of the day wrote:
Firi Okan; Currently available; #6; #4
Horneddragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me