5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

~Dorian | MustangKnight~

Postby MustangKnight » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:05 am

Owner       >>>MustangKnight
Name                >>>Dorian
Gender         >>>Stallion
Adult Height     >>>181 cm
Coat color      >>>Oreo marked Black, with white scratch paint.
   No Color Gene
Adoption Price         >>>x
Training         >>>[Fully Trained][+1]
  =====
  . Peaceful
  . Proud
  . Trusty
  . Lazy
 Offspring;
X Out of X
X Out of X

Coverings;
 - X
 - X
Last edited by MustangKnight on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:54 am, edited 14 times in total.
** FREE ITEMS, JUST TRADE **
* COMMISSIONS OPEN *
MustangKnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Touch

Postby MustangKnight » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:35 am

Working for the agency has its perks, first choice of ownership, being able to adopt a stallion straight from the get go(given you've worked around them long enough), seeing the babies. Its all a great experience. I've never seen anyone working here in a bad mood, but really how could you be? I mean unless Copper comes and decides to pick on you all day or some of the bigger Neravontii escape.
Walking into work that day it just felt the same. All the older Neravontii were in their stalls patiently waiting for the buzzer the go off and their big stall doors to magically open so they could make their way to the pasture for the day, and the quarantined Neravontii pace in their enclosures impatiently waiting for the day that they can run with there new herd mates. I was on unloading for today, the job that some of the employees cant handle, and lucky for me I was told they were bringing in a stallion. Now many of the stallions that come in are relatively calm but sometimes there's that crazy one, and I was hoping that this wasn't that day.
The day went on with the usual. Females and surrendered Geldings being brought in and evaluated and put in quarantine enclosures to ensure that they didn't have any sicknesses or something the others could catch. Until 2 o'clock rolls around, the speakers came on warning every worker that a stallion was about the be brought in and to be extra alert when he's being moved into quarantine. Just incase he was to get free, because that in its self would be extremely dangerous.
As they backed up the trailer you could see his black nose sticking out of the top bars of the trailers sides. I snapped back to reality when the bang of the trailer doors hitting the quarantine walls echoed threw out the stables... But he didn't bolt out like some Neravontii do, he waited. We waited too, not wanting to rush him or to spook him. He stayed in the trailer for about 5 minutes before strolling out like he's lived here all his life. "gotta love them black and whites." I mumble under my breath. Not many solid paints come in the facility and even less black and whites. They would have to be my favorite of the colors, and this guy was just that. The problem was that I didn't have the land, and he was better off with someone that had enough time for him.
He never left my mind, not even once during the whole week. I had the talk to the boss maybe he could stay here and after work I could mess with him? I had to try something... The talk was long, really long, but worth it. He could stay if in return his board would be taken from my paycheck. I didn't mind that at all, the boss has always been so nice and now for her to let me keep my Stallion here it was beyond nice. At this time #66 had been out of quarantine for a little while now and I would have to wait for nightfall to greet him as my own.
Coming back the next morning I was greeted by Copper, the little sorrel shetland pony, at the facility doors. I dismiss him because god knows that if you baby him he'll be by your side for the whole day nipping at your pockets and untying your shoes. They had left #66 in the stall for me like I had asked, he was tall but shorter then many of the other stallions, and covered from head to toe in dirt and grime. I approached the stall door confident and put my hand on the bars. I could feel the heat from his body even from the distance I was away from him. He stepped closer, half as a warning and half curious. His ears were pined and he had a sense of self purpose about him. I immediately backed down, I didn't want him to think I was challenging him in any way. He eased and his ears softened, as he lowered his head to met the height of mine. I didn't move. I knew he was checking me over with his gaze, trying to see what I was, Friend or Foe. They called me to work...
It was dark. I was there after hours, after my shift ended. It was 9 o'clock. I had been thinking of names all day. Being a nerd of sorts they were all different characters from one show or another. There was Dean, Graham, Crowley, Strax.... the list goes on and on. But I think I had found the perfect name, Dorian. He looked like a dorian anyway. Who knows. I approached sort of loud, because I didn't want to startle him, but I knew he knew I was there. "Dorian" I half whispered. His ear twitched, maybe he understood? He was laying down, they sleep that way so I wasn't alarmed. I opened his door and he stood abruptly, facing toward the open door to the pasture. He slowly walked out, just like a casual thing had occurred. There were some of the other Neravontii out there(some don't like the stalls and are out 24/7), he hadn't been out all day so I thought all that pent up energy would get the best of him and he'd bolt out like a happy gazelle. But he just walked, and on the way out as a little "you suck" gift he flicked he big ol' tail and knocked me off my feet. Dazed and confused I was greeted by Coppers slimy mouth on my face and #66 looking back to see if he had done a good job or not. This was going to be something else. This is going to be a challenge.

SORRY FOR THE BOOK LOL
Last edited by MustangKnight on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
* COMMISSIONS OPEN *
MustangKnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Saddle

I wanted to take our relationship slow. Dorian seemed to be the type that didn't like change and I wasn't going to be the one that changed that right from the get-go. Breaks I would go out and sit with them, he would usually give me a glance or two but nothing more. The stallions pen was something alright, at least one or two of the stallions would gang up on others or try and pick fights but none of them seemed to bother Dorian. He acted more like he was gelded if anything. But it didn't stop him from fighting back when he needed too. I took him out about twice a day for a brushing and just to walk him over the trails, he'd walk for about a mile and plop down like he had ran a marathon. He was definitely lazy. Dorian had been doing well for about a week now when I decided to push him a little farther.
Bringing him into his stall he seemed normal, alert but chill. I took out the brushes like normal and he enjoyed himself as I ran the brush over his skin. He had been starting to let me mess with his feet, so I thought I'd pick them up the see if he had any bumps or bruises but he was all good. Leaving him tied seemed like the logical thing to do as the facilities tack room was just around the corned but I was mistaken. As I entered the room the grab a bridle and saddle the deafening screams began to erupt from some ones particular stall, followed by wood snapping and the other stable hands yelling at me to get over to #66. The stall no longer had a door, and the quarantined residence were very hyped up and running in laps. Dorian was breathing hard, I went up to him slowly, untying him from the demolished door. Kate, the woman in charge, had just ran up. oops. "I'll pay for that" I said in a rush, motioning to the stall.
Today, today has to be a better day. With the stall incident still fresh in my mind from yesterday, it would be better to try and saddle outside. Maybe tied to a sturdy tree. Dorian was in place and I after getting my tack and losing an ear drum from Dorian out there, I was ready to see what events would unfold. He was pacing, probably from the fact I left him tied to a tree, but still looked relatively calm. Placing the saddle blanket on his back, he stopped abruptly. Head up and ears back. We must have stood there for over 10 minutes before I pulled it off of him and he eased and looked at me. Quickly I put it back on. I didn't want to lose my courage. This time seemed better, he stayed calm like he had lost interest in my happening. I threw the saddle up on his back leaving the breast collar off and tightening the cinch. It was done. By this time he had become aware of what I had done to him and he navigated the saddle with his tail, feeling every inch of it and the blanket. A little salty he tried to put whatever he could get ahold of, in hopes to get the thing off. Patting him for his efforts I uncinched the saddle and laid the saddle and blanket on the ground beside me and started showing Dorian the bridle. I knew he wouldn't like the confinement of the bit so I had attached a hackamore before bringing the tack out to him. Carefully fitting the hack in the right spot and adjusting everything that needed adjusted I put it on him. He had taken interest in the grass now and was picking at the blades, fully aware that I had introduced him to his new bridle and not wanting to give me the satisfaction. Unclipping the lead I walking him back to his pen with the reins of the bridle. And letting him out back into his pen he let out a squeal and cantered to the other stallions, probably to tell them what a horrible time it was. Who knows..
Last edited by MustangKnight on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
* COMMISSIONS OPEN *
MustangKnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Ride

It was time. Dorian had been tacked for at least 20 minutes, and had dozed off about 15 minutes ago. The stables were calm, and the snow sparked in the lighting. It was January. The cold, crisp air took my breath away and I could definitely use some nice hot chocolate, but now wasn't the time for little pleasures like hot chocolate.. I was hoping my first Neravontii was acquired in the spring or summer, but I couldn't ask for a better Neravontii so I wont complain. Dorian shifted making my mind snap back to reality and I gathered the tack to take back inside. Dorian stood tied now so no more stall doors were in danger, but we both liked being out rather than in so the tree by the pond was our place. I couple times I've walked out and caught him standing there like he knew. He was good like that. But alas reaching the tack room I pondered the thought of grabbing a pair of spurs or a whip, he was quite lazy but it probably wouldn't be best to test him with that. Our partnership was built or respect and understanding rather then force and 'ownership'.
I left the tack room empty handed making my way into the employees lounge where my backpack lay. Inside I had a rat I bought at the pet shop just this morning, most people feed there Neravontii with raw meat. Not alive meat. But Dorian had been freshly caught and from the time he first got fed it was with live feed. His sensed the rat before I even got close, I noticed his nostrils flare before he quickly raised his head, suddenly alert. I gave him his treat and untied him from the tree, leading him to the mounting block that every pasture had somewhere in there. We had done this many times for practice, even started laying on him to see what he may do, but nothing.
The barn cat, Flex, had made his way over to the mounting block as well. Carefully hoping into each foot print Dorian made to ensure that his coat stay as dry as he could keep it. Then gracefully leaping up onto the place of which I was standing. Many of the facilities staff didn't even bother to remember the cats(there are a few) because of the fact that they come and go Fast. Some have learned not to enter the pastures or stalls for they have learned that that would certainly mean death. But Flex was smart and I had seen him out with Dorian before. I think he had a soft spot for him, don't let him know I said that. Flex took a leap and landed in a dangerous spot atop my saddle... Atop Dorian. He didn't move. But I knew he knew that the cat was there. He caught me off guard with his sudden moment, as he grabbed Flex by his back and tried to put him off. Flex didn't look stressed as he clambered back atop of the saddle un amused. The cat was daring I'd give him that. Dorian lost interest.
It was my turn. He was always very soft in the bridle so I knew he would be easy to stop if things got bad. I picked Flex of the saddle and placed him on the mounting block where he resumed cleaning himself. Now. I'm not a bad rider in fact I was very good up until high school where I had stopped riding for my school work. My foot slipped in the stirrup and I put some weight on it, if I was going up then I thought my best bet would be to doing it fast before he had a chance to get my in an awkward position. One quick motion and I was on him. I shifted my weight to test the waters, and I noticed Dorian looking back at me, both ears focused on my motions and nostrils flaring to better get an idea of what I was doing on him. I clucked to him. With that he set off, slow and unsure. I pat him for some reassurance, and he let out a quick snort. 4, 5, 6 strides and then Dorian stopped. I clucked. He pined his ears. I eased the reins. and Bam, we were on the ground. Not just me but Dorian as well. He just laid down. Snorting again he pushed himself onto his side and started rolling in the icy snow. I quickly scrambling out of the way. I heard someone(probably another stable hand) yell "You Ok?" I threw my hand up, fingers in the thumbs up position and I heard him go back inside.
Dorian had stopped rolling and was just laying there in the snow, searching with his mouth in the snow to find a blade of grass that may have survived the freeze. I pulled him up. I had ridden him and that's all I came here to do. Untacking him I felt amazing. Like I could ride him anywhere, given I knew I couldn't because Dorian was a particularly lazy bum that sat around and played with cats, but still. We were bonding. That's all that matters.
Last edited by MustangKnight on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
* COMMISSIONS OPEN *
MustangKnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Additional Artwork

Postby MustangKnight » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:36 am