Re: Anniversary Kalon - Oak [Ends April 14]

Postby Stormowalf » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:08 am

|Username: Stormowalf | Kalon Name: Emmery |

My name is Tango, I am but a little wren.
I was even more little when she had first found me.
I was miserable then, screaming my little heart out as I sat on my broken nest. I called out for my parents but they were no where to be seen. I was cold, hungry and oblivious to the fact that I'd probably die if someone didn't come to save me.
Thankfully, someone did.
Her name was Emmery. She was like a silver lining back of a thick storm cloud.

Under Emmery's roof, I grew healthily. No longer was I a weak little fledgling. If I were wild I'd probably have left my mother's side by now. But I stayed, I owed it to her after all.
But I wasn't the only one in this house, Emmery lived with two others, a big, furry "kit" and another creature much like Emmery herself. I didn't like them much, the kit was rough with me, it liked to grab. And the other one didn't seem to like me that much.

Emmery was something called a "musi-cian", I often saw her pulling a smooth twig on a small, hollow, elegant-looking tree trunk. I liked to call it the "Singing tree" since whenever Emmery held it, it began to sing beautiful tunes, clear and sweet.

But everything had been changing recently, the Emmery I knew had seemed to be slipping away. She never played music anymore. I overheard the creatures call what was happened to her a "dementia". I did not know what it was, all I knew that it was changing her and apparently it was rare for someone so young. The big "kit" and the other creature in the house had left not long after and someone else had taken their place, she was a "caregiver", I don't understand what she does but she stays here almost every day.

On her bad days, she would spend her day wandering around hopelessly through the house, as if she was in a hazy dream. On days like these, I stayed in my cage, worried for her sake.
Some time ago, she had picked up the "Singing Tree", I felt excited, I thought maybe for the first time it months, maybe she would begin playing the beautiful tunes again. But then she broke down into tears, she began smashing the twig and the tree trunk into pieces, I was scared, I didn't know what she was doing. Was the Emmery I loved really gone?

So I learned over time, that these bad days came and went, she had good days as well, sometimes she'd began to play music again on a new "singing tree" and she'd play with me again, just like old times.
I would never leave my Emmery, my mother, so on her bad days, I'd simply stay in my cage and sing to her, speaking to her in my little Wren's voice,

"My name is Tango, and I love you very much"
Extra (if applicable): Pop-up card! bird's eye view! [size=85]I have the skill level of a baby I'm sorry[/url]
Last edited by Stormowalf on Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
𝔸 ℝ𝕀𝕍𝔼ℝ 𝕔𝕦𝕥𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙

xxxxx 𝕒 ℝ𝕆ℂ𝕂 𝕟𝕠𝕥
𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕚𝕥𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕎𝔼ℝ,
xxxxx𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕚𝕥𝕤
ℙ𝔼ℝ𝕊𝕀𝕊𝕋𝔼ℕℂ𝔼

texttextexttexttexttexttexttexttext
kalons ♒︎ xxx ♒︎ TH
ImageImage
My name's Wren and I'm largely inactive on CS now rip
pfp credit ♒︎ xxx ♒︎ friendo!
texttextexttexttexttexttexttexttext
Stormowalf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anniversary Kalon - Oak [Ends April 14]

Postby sapphirelion » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:59 am

Username: sapphirelion
Kalon Name: Feyrah
Prompt (up to 500 words):

March 4
Today a small bird stuck around and watched me during my training. It was odd in the intensity of its eyes as it tracked me. It didn’t even make a single peep. I’m not sure what to think about this creature.

March 5
I looked up the bird since it came back today, it is called a wren. Huh, Wren would be the perfect name for my new little buddy. I wonder how long he’ll stick around...

March 8
I...I don’t know how to start this entry...

I heard something the bird?
Let me start at the beginning I guess... I went about my day like I normally would, starting with some training to get the blood pumping. Wren was there as usual. I started with some sword practice today, but no one was available to spar with so I just fighting with an imaginary Kalon. All of a sudden I heard a voice start commenting on my stance and how I need to better block my abdomen from future attacks. But when I looked around no one was there. Wary, I went back to sparring and more comments sprung on me. I spun really quick to try and catch who was speaking. But it was just me and Wren in the area. At this point I was very jumpy but determined to practice. As soon as I heard another word I looked in the direction of the speaker. Wren has his mouth open and was telling me what I was supposed to be doing! He was speaking, not like a bird should be. I...I need some time to process this...

March 11
I really despise Wren. I feel like he is the annoying older sibling I never wanted. He’s always looking over my shoulder. It doesn’t help that I can hear every word he says, and understand them. While others would hear the sweet twittering of an innocent bird, I have the unfortunate fortune of hearing each excruciating criticism Wren has to offer me. Each and every day.

I’m going to have to look up things that will repel this type of pest before I go insane.

March 13
My searches for a repellent have been unsuccessful so far.

Wren decided to give me his input during my training this afternoon, again. I started by working with my tree climbing skills and he had the gall to tell me that I shouldn’t be using the handholds I was using if I were in the middle of fighting someone. (Like he knows how to fight someone, yeah right) And then he dived at me! If he had injured me I wouldn’t be able to keep myself in top condition so I’d be ready to take a job when it comes to me.

And no it doesn’t matter that the handholds I’d been using slowed down my time of getting up the tree to get out of the way because he could have hurt me badly!

Extra (if applicable):

3 song playlist
Last edited by sapphirelion on Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Greater love has no one than this,
than to l
ay down one's life for his friends
- John 15:13

info
my kals 🦑
kalon art shop
Diamond (kia)
other characters of mine
Art by me,gif by Meridiem, pixel by pangur.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImageImageImage
sapphirelion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anniversary Kalon - Oak [Ends April 21]

Postby kanadensis » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:37 am

Hey guys!
This comp will be extended 1 week, until April 21st @ 23:59 CS time!
Kana/KB | She/Her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx THcommsmy kalons
( - - - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx avatarsig )
xxxna for kalons | open: questions | closed: growth approvals, myo approvalsxxxxx
kanadensis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ethulai » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:58 pm

┏─────────────────────────────────────────────┓
Username: Ethulai // Kalon name: Oriole // Gender: Female
┗─────────────────────────────────────────────┛

She had forgotten her cloak. As Oriole ran through the forest behind the manor, fleeing the other servants and their hurtful laughter, her mother's words drummed through her skull;
    "Never let them know. Never let them see. They will not understand. They will not let you be!"

Her tears blurred her vision but still she ran until she was exhausted, until the sharp pain of rejection twisted into a dull ache, and the small stings of slapping branches and pulling vines overshadowed it.

Heart loud in her ears, she slowed, stumbling into the middle of a small clearing where the sun's rays turned the dewy grass into glittering green jewels. Oriole heard an angry chatter in her ears. Blinking, she looked around and noticed a wren hopping on the ground awkwardly. She thought she heard his birdsong but underneath that a frustrated grumbling. She slowly crouched down near the small bird and said softly; "Oh you poor thing, are you okay?"

"Do you think I can't see you, you great, big, fuzzy sapling?"
    Oriole gasped and looked around the clearing.
    "How dare you say such a thing!" she cried indignantly, seemingly to no one.
    "Big and loud and perhaps a little unhinged too," the voice retorted.
    Oriole looked back at the wren, who was watching her, his head tilted.
    "Are you talking to me?" she whispered, looking into his eyes.
    "Err...you can't actually understand me can you?" the wren responded sheepishly.
    Oriole touched her second set of ears subconsciously.
    "What if I can?" she asked, wonder creeping into her tone.

The wren hopped closer and now Oriole could see that one of his wings was significantly smaller than the other.
    "Sorry" he peeped, "I get sick of everyone assuming I can't do things on my own just because I'm different"
    "I'm different too," Oriole responded sadly, gesturing to her second set of ears. "I usually hide these"
    The wren managed to flutter up to her knee, "Why?" he asked. "Different doesn't mean wrong".
    And with that small but significant statement, Oriole felt the weight of the world lift off her shoulders.

She told the wren what had happened that morning, the poisonous laughter of the servants that sent her fleeing.
    "Those bad eggs!" he shrieked, "I'll give them a piece of my mind!"
    She giggled at his indignant tone. "You think I need a keeper?" she asked.
    "If you can't stand up for yourself, someone else has to," he responded.
    "If I accept that I need a friend, shouldn't you accept it's okay to need help?" she questioned.
    He fluffed up his feathers, looking like an angry, feathered hedgehog.
    "Wise words from a fuzzy sapling" he eventually conceded.
    "My name is Oriole," she cried, "not 'Fuzzy Sapling'!"
    "Mine is SpiralFell," he responded unperturbed, "pick me up I've always wanted to ride a walking tree."

From then on, Oriole and SpiralFell were inseparable, bound by their understanding that different doesn't mean wrong and asking
    for help is a sign of independence. [500/500]

Art by Snowflakette, please click for full-size!
Ethulai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kanadensis » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:26 am

Just a heads up this ends tomorrow! No more extensions!
xxxna for kalons | open: questions | closed: growth approvals, myo approvalsxxxxx
kanadensis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avaloafe » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:41 pm

best of luck everybody! this kal was so much fun to draw and write about omg - so many wonderful forms as well! good luck to kanadensis with the judging as well. winner may keep my art as well <33
avaloafe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anniversary Kalon - Oak [Judging]

Postby kanadensis » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:57 am

Oops, this is closed! No more entries or edits please ^^ I'll have the winner posted asap
kanadensis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anniversary Kalon - Oak [Winner pg. 7]

Postby kanadensis » Sun May 12, 2019 12:20 am

Hello everyone! I'm so sorry for the long wait, things have been super hectic irl lately.
I'd like to start off by thanking everyone for their unique entries! I really enjoyed reading through them and seeing how you worked out the two's relationship within the word limit ^^

HMs will be awarded to the following:
SilhouetteStation
.kaede

The winner of the Oak kal is:
Ethulai!
I really enjoyed their little back-and-forth and the way you tied Oriole's second set of ears in to her story. Congrats!

I'll also be making a runner-up for Stormowalf!
kanadensis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby suneater » Sun May 12, 2019 2:31 am

congrats!! <3
suneater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avaloafe » Sun May 12, 2019 3:20 am

ahhhhh oh well... congrats ethu! as I said before, you may keep the art I made on my form.
avaloafe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me