Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Horse Competition Si

Postby caf. » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:19 am

last day for show registration! i’ll be closing up as soon as i get home tomorrow, so get those entries in soon!
caf - they/them - bi
equestrian - vocalist - student

mostly i hang around here for
RVEC nowadays, though i
roleplay on occasion. chat
with me about horses, music,
math, science, or...anything!
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby razzberry » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:24 pm

shoot i almost forgot about that o.o
    thanks for the reminder caf! xp
trotters

"she wears her scars like her best attire. "

razz - she/her - pisces - ©

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

hi! feel free to call me razz if you'd like! i'm a dog mom
    of three and currently work in a vet clinic. i love animals,
    the outdoors, music and reptiles [dinos especially] and am
    a jurassic park diehard. if you ever want to chat my pm's
    are always open!
razzberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geto » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:31 pm

I'd like to purchase an item!

Username: BlurryRoses

Horse: Tango
Item(s): dressage set | trimmed tail & english braided mane
Color(s): -
Purpose: dressage
Price: 250c

Horse: Conway
Item(s): 3 day eventing set | english braided mane & trimmed tail, ear bonnets & splint boots, greased legs
Color(s): any pastel colors except for the dressage set
Purpose: 3 day eventing
Price: 475c

Horse: Ania
Item(s): barrel racing set | splint & bell boots
Color(s): any pastel colors
Purpose: barrel racing
Price: 125c

Horse: Ava
Item(s): cutting set | splint boots & trimmed tail
Purpose: cutting
Price: 175c

Horse: Mako
Item(s): combined driving set | bobbed mane & trimmed tail, bobbed tail & splint boots
Color(s): baby blue
Purpose: combined driving
Price: 375c

Horse: Duchess
Item(s): combined driving set | bobbed mane & trimmed tail, bobbed tail & splint boots
Purpose: combined driving
Price: 375c

Horse: Dandy
Item(s): 3 day eventing set | english braided mane & trimmed tail, ear bonnets & splint boots, greased legs
Color(s): any pastel colors except for the dressage set
Purpose: 3 day eventing
Price: 475c

Bank account: boop
geto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chico_Mistpool » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:30 pm

Username: Chico_Mistpool

Horse: Minotaur
Item(s): Eng Braided Mane And Tail
Color(s): N/A
Purpose: Hunters

Horse: Dark
Item(s): western Braided Mane And Trimmed Tail
Color(s): N/A
Purpose: Western Pleasure

Price: 600
Chico_Mistpool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caf. » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:19 am

hello, everyone! given the late rise in popularity of the eventing competitions, i thought i might plug Redwood Valley Combined Training Association again. we have a shining-new roleplay available to all members that i'm excitedly awaiting, along with a number of lucrative, exciting competitions held every week alongside the standard RVEC shows! if you have horses competing in RVEC eventing, i highly encourage you to check out the association and see what else we have to offer. hope everyone's having a great week so far!
caf - they/them - bi

RVEC nowadays, though i
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caf. » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:34 pm

entries will close in about four and a half hours for both RVEC and RVCTA shows! get those entries in, everyone!
caf - they/them - bi

RVEC nowadays, though i
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sandy Hoofprints » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:25 am

Username: Sandy Hoofprints
Horse: Mind Over Matter
Horse: Matter Of Time
Horse: Bronze Moon
Horse: Miss Affirmative
Horse: Beat The Gun
Item(s): Ear bonnets and splint boots. Greased legs and splint boots. English braided mane and trimmed tail
Color(s): white with black accents
Purpose: Eventing
Price: Sponsored by RVCTA
▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
Sandy
◈ Vet Student ◈ Irish ◈ Image
◈ ♀ Rugby Player ◈ ISFJ/ISTJ ◈

toltsfwphocother
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲
Sandy Hoofprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Redwood Valley Hunter Jumper Association

Postby OutFoxed » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:24 pm

Hello all!
    I am more than pleased to announce the Grand Opening of the Redwood Valley Hunter Jumper Association!

It's been a long time in the making and I can't be more excited to bring this new association to the RVEC community.
    I could not have accomplished this without the generous help of Sydney and caf. - both have suffered through countless messages of varying lengths (rivaling a thesis paper at times) and have given wonderful advice. They are the absolute best resources on so many aspects of RVEC.

Please check out the shiny new thread, all wrapped up with a pretty red bow in time for December.

There are several work-in-progress parts that are going to be promoted to the RVHJA Members - so expect new things soon!

If you have any questions or comments - please message me! My inbox is always available and I am happy to be of service.

Redwood Valley Hunter Jumper Association - RVEC's newest association dedicated to promoting the Hunter and Jumper disciplines!
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:03 pm

Hello, all! I've missed every one of you dearly! <33

Unfortunately I'm not quite back yet in full force because I've still got this upcoming week full of papers and other written works (anyone wanna write this 90-page screenplay for me by next Friday? No takers? Darn, guess I'll just really have to buckle down until then cx) but afterwards I'll do everything within my power to be here! Right now, I'm just taking a moment from a paper to write this because I really need a break and feel I owe you guys an explanation for this multi-month disappearance ^^' I'm so, so sorry about that! This absence has been a combination of health issues (that have made it physically difficult to use my laptop for drawing, unfortunately, but this should be fixed soon), family surgeries, school workload, and general life business, but I'm hoping to have a grasp on all that in time for the holidays to bring RVEC back to its former self!

So that being said, first, a rapid-fire question answer:
Sandy Hoofprints wrote:I have a question! To what degree are we allowed to inbreed? And is there a penalty?
I have realised after making a proper family tree for my lot, that actually one of my best young mares came from a breeding between half siblings, oops!!
I am aware that RVEC really strives to be realistic and thus you may not want to allow it in any way, but I am just enquiring since all of my horses with good stats have been bred from a small gene pool, and it's hard to get stats in the high 20s (which a few do have) from an import, so any new blood ends up diluting the talent I've worked for/had the good luck to achieve! cx

Good question, and thank you for asking it! This definitely belongs in the guide ^^

Because RVEC does indeed strive to be realistic, inbreeding is... completely allowed! After all, at least where I live, there are no explicit laws against it for horses and many breeders are known to exploit linebreeding practices to improve the quality of their foals while avoiding the consequences of direct inbreeding. However, just like in real life, inbreeding horses can carry significant risks to the resulting foal's health, so it's something you'll want to do with caution here if you choose to do so. I'll be doing some research into real life risk percentages and consequences for inbreeding and linebreeding (with different risks associated with each level of inbreeding) to add those to the guide and transition everything over to RVEC cleanly, but in short (because I apparently lied about this being rapid) inbreeding is allowed; it just carries risks in the form of the resulting foal having worse stats, the resulting foal being injury-prone during competitions, or both.

Second, some apology bonuses for everyone:

1. You get a holiday horse! You get a holiday horse! Everyone gets a holiday horse! In the spirit of the holidays and RVEC's Fjord tradition, in addition to the regularly released holiday Fjords, everyone can have a winter-themed horse this year by filling out an application I'll make later (when I get the time). These horses will be similar to semi-customs but will all be tied to winter or the holidays in some way that will be up to my discretion -- just a little way of making up for my sudden and sustained absence ^^'
2. Breedings I have yet to do are to be refunded and all breedings that have been posted since were all successful. I'll have to make a separate post to confirm each of these individually so I don't miss them when going back through to catch up but essentially if you're still waiting on a breeding, whether it's been confirmed successful or not, it's now successful and everything about it is free.
3. Trainings I have yet to do are all successful. When I get around to it, all trainings will be considered successful, so even if your horse has atrocious trainability, he or she will be getting at least some points there.

I'll be answering all unanswered PMs as soon as I can and I thank you all sincerely for your patience. I'll see you all again after next Friday!
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geto » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:05 pm

so glad to have you back syd! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to get worried since you didn't show up for so long ;v;

take your time! we'll all be here waiting for you, afterall, your papers and health comes first<33
geto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me