Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Dargons Nursery by Scottish9

Based on Click to view
Artist Scottish9 [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 22 seconds
Drawing sessions 1

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Dargons Nursery

Postby Scottish9 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:24 pm

D a r g o ns
Species concept and design concept by me, made 2015. Lines by iownfish, made 2018
Main | Nursery | Competitions | Events |Bazaar

Scottish9 wrote: What are Dargons?

A Dargon is an alien species that greatly resembles a dragon. However, they are not. While they have four legs and can fly, they have large ears, a layer of fur under their scales, and are not able to manipulate any element. Males of all subspecies have underscales, left over from more primitive days of fighting over females. The genome of the Dargon is vast and complex, allowing for innumerable color and pattern combinations. However, they do have their distinctions between breeds.

Dargons live in systems called Tribes. Each Tribe has a Chief or Chieftess, who decides who can and can't be a part of the tribe. Tribes can war, be allies, and even interbreed. They are intelligent enough to fashion simple tools and decorations with their opposable thumbs, but it is a mystery how they got their more complex accessories. Maybe you should ask Anhrefn to find that out...

Dargons communicate with a language of spoken sounds vaguely like English. They are omnivores who hunt and forage in groups. They make their homes in cave systems somewhat like a prairie-dog town.

There are eight known breeds of Dargon, and they can interbreed.

Welcome to Dargons Nursery

How does the Nursery work?
    Dargons are like many other species. While other relationships are possible, Dargons can only reproduce through a maleXfemale pairing.

A Buck, or male Dargon, can breed three times a week. Females (mares) can breed every two weeks.

When a baby is born, it takes two weeks to mature, after which time the mother can then breed again.

What are Hybrids, and how do they work?
    A Hybrid is a mix of two Dargon breeds, such as Rock-Blazegon or Dim-Windgon.

Due to their mixed genes, a cross between two different breeds only has a 75% chance of succeeding. A pure (Tree X Tree, say) breeding always succeeds.

If the hybrid cross does not succeed, the male regains his used slot and the female only has a 3-day cooldown. If it does succeed, things proceed as normal and a healthy hybrid baby is born with some cool mixed hair- and tail-genes!

Hybrids are able to breed normally as well, but since their children are also hybrids, breedings involving hybrids follow the same rules as above.

Rules and Additional info
    ~If you are using a public-stud/dam Dargon, you must be sure to meet all requirements and show proof if necessary.
    ~Dargons have a fair chance of having twins.
    ~If you put a Dargon up for stud/dam, you MAY NOT ask for any currency EXCEPT SC (ScaleCoins)
    ~If your order is taken by an artist, and then neglected for a week without response, you may send an order to a different artist.
    Doing so before seven days will result in a strike.

How things are generated
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dargons Nursery

Postby Scottish9 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Please PM Scottish9 any applications to have your Dargon here, including name, breed, gender, breedings left, and any requirements (no hybrids, ask permission, pay 2SC, etc)

Bucks
    Scorpius
    ~Owner is Scottish9
    ~Blazegon
    ~No need to ask permission. If he's bred out for the week, I'll let you know.

Dori
    ~Owned by Scottish9
    ~Windgon
    ~Please ask permission, as he is only available to the public once a week

Mares
    Silverstreak
    ~Owner is Scottish9
    ~Rock-Windgon
    ~The Buck must have Rockgon and/or Windgon in him.
    ~She has twpo spots open publically. Please PM me to reserve one. Reservations last one month
    1. Open
    2. Open

Artists
If an artist is selected to be an NA, they'll need to PM Scottish9 any limits they have, as well as their application form.

Scottihs9's NA Blurb
I have no limits except time. I'm open!
One word of caution: If there are Guest NAs, any requests sent to me will be deferred to them. Let me know if that's an issue
Fill this out:
Code: Select all
Username:
Buck link:
Name:
Breed:
Owner:

Mare link:
Name:
Breed:
Owner:

Using any items:
Any mutations in the parents:
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:23 pm

What are EFs and Mutations?
    Environmental Factors (EFs) and Mutations both appear as line edits on Dargons, but they behave slightly differently.
    ~EFs look more like adaptations or simple variations. They cannot be passed down to any offspring.
    ~Mutations look like actual mutations. They can be passed on to offspring. Regular mutations always have a 25% chance of passing to a whelp. Event mutations can only be inherited by one child, and they have a 20% chance of passing from one generation to the next.
    ~The exception to the mutation rule is the Hybrid. Children of Hybrids will ALWAYS look like a Hybrid.

List of EFs and Mutations
Mutations will be denoted by a * in front of the name

Common
    ~Small hair edits
    ~Small ear edits
    ~Claws sheathed

Uncommon
    ~Scars
    ~*Hybrids
    ~*Scutism, or excessive scale plates (only males are affected)
    ~*lazy ear, a condition that causes both ears to be partially or completely flopped
    ~*Piebald, where normal color is blotched with white
    ~*Albinism, or complete lack of pigment

Rare
    ~*Blind
    ~Missing limb/wing
    ~*No wings
    ~*Blank slate, or total lack of mane and tail features
    ~*Melanism, or complete flood of pigment

Event Mutations!
    Starting with the 2018 Summer Skies Event, each full-blown event will have special mutations attached to it! These mutations can only be put on Dargons made and adopted in its event. The mutated Dargon can only pass its mutation to a child once in its life (though that child can also pass it once, and so on) and each event has a 25% chance of passing. All event mutations are rare.

2018 Summer - Summer Skies
    Stardust - instead of having a proper mane and tail, this Dargon sports stardust along its spine!
    Antenna - this Dargon looks like a classic alien, with two antennae sprouting from its forehead
    Ankle wings - it seems this Dargon has some small ankle wings to help it navigate the high-up skies of space better
Last edited by Scottish9 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:08 am

Don’t forget to add any bucks or mares that you’d like to the public breed lists!

Last bumped by Scottish9 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:08 am.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me