[ rpg ] + kalon summer event prompt + day 3

Postby angelshy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:00 pm

Aɴ ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛꜰᴜʟ ᴍɪsʜᴀᴘ ʜᴀs ᴏᴄᴄᴜʀʀᴇᴅ.
❝ Oh dear. Looks like even with thorough prep, your hero wasn't thorough enough.
They've forgotten something they need to make camp tonight.
How do they make do or improvise? ❞

- - -

[ this prompt includes aelius ]

The unsettling pricking of his fur set Aelius off in a terrified fit as he realized the path he was following wouldn't be coming to an end any time soon . . .

The trees seemed to stretch on and on while the sparse light seeping from the tangle of branches enclosed above him was rapidly growing darker. The singing which had accompanied him the entirety of the time he had been traveling had faded away completely although it had grown louder earlier, it was gone now. Now, the birds were no longer chirping and the rustling of the undergrowth took its place. The sensation of searing eyes upon the back of his head made Aelius flinch at the slightest of sounds. The woods which had been alive only a few hours ago had suddenly grown eerily quiet.

Then all of a sudden, the warm summer air seemed to be enveloped by a wave of encroaching darkness as shadows passed above him, low wails and piercing screeches only as loud as a whisper, the moon and stars were blocked not only by the branches, but wicked silhouettes as well . . .

Cold. All Aelius felt was a furious feeling of cold.

He reached quickly for his cloak as he wrapped it tighter around his shaking frame. But, the more he pulled it around him, the colder the world seemed to feel. It was becoming worse as more and more shadows appeared from farther along the path, swiftly making good time toward Aelius. Then, when Aelius felt he would freeze right there on the road where no one would find him, the prickling leaves and a course roughness furled around him. In a moment, he was suddenly suspended in the air, hanging from the clutch of a tree, its branch secured safely around him as he witnessed the shadows below him scouring for any of his remains in awe and terrifying confusion. Amidst all this, the singing which had ceased before had returned in a clear and high song and the shadows with their slitted, glowering screeched as their ears flattened and dashed away into the night.

The singing stopped as abruptly as it had begun and a strangely calm voice echoed beside Aelius as he soon came to realize that it was the tree speaking―the one who had saved him.

“You! You do not have anything for shelter. Come, sleep inside my trunk. It is hollow.” And in one sweeping gesture, a wave of leaves, and the coiled bark was suddenly enclosing Aelius in a warm shelter. A tree haven in which Aelius would spend the night away from the shades and shadows of the night.
- ̗̀ xangel/shy | she/they | my kalons | my charactersx ̖́-
angelshy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [RPG] Kalon Summer Event // Prompts

Postby hojicha » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:13 pm

ignore please c:
Last edited by hojicha on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hi there! I am trying out a new username right now, hojicha. I was previously fariel and I'd appreciate if no one used that username just to avoid any confusion, thanks! <3

she/her pronouns
gemini
birthday: june 3

Ask me about commissions/art trades
note to self: krita, medibang, ps
xxx
xxx

hojicha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✧ airplane. » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:16 pm

Day Three Prompt is over!

Day Four is up!

Expect results for days Two + Three soon!
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chamomile. » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:27 pm

Aɴ ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛꜰᴜʟ ᴍɪsʜᴀᴘ ʜᴀs ᴏᴄᴄᴜʀʀᴇᴅ.
Oh dear. Looks like even with thorough prep, your hero wasn't thorough enough.
They've forgotten something they need to make camp tonight.
How do they make do or improvise?"

Rueben || Polaris

"What do you mean you forgot to pack the knife?"

Rueben's paw was still stretched out towards Polaris, the fish that he caught held in his other.
"I, uh, I forgot to put it in my bag. I sharpened it last night, and didn't actually put it back in. Rueben, I'm really sorry," Polaris began.
"Shush, stop that whining. I have no use for apologies, they won't cut my anger down. You'd need a knife to chop that up," Rueben seemed to make a joke, but his tone was still as dead-pan as ever, with his eyelids drooped slightly. Rueben fluffed his hair, something he always tended to do when thinking. Polaris began digging through his large backpack again, though he already knew it wasn't there. In the knife's place, the bag was filled with all sorts of trinkets and herbs Polaris intended to sell in towns along their journey.
"Stop digging like a dog, it's annoying." Rueben snapped.
"What about your knife that you fight with? Could we use that?" Polaris said hopefully.
"I told you before, those nasty little gremlins stole it from me during that last skirmish. I'm going to have to buy a new one in the next town. Two knifes, it looks like." Rueben grumbled, his tail twitching back and forth like a snake. "Here, this is your job to skin the fish now." Rueben tossed the fish at Polaris, who just barely caught it.
"W-what? what am I supposed to do? I don't have a knife!" Polaris pleaded.
"You have those claws you are always taking such good care of, they'll be plenty sharp. Hop to it, I expect to be eating dinner before sundown." Rueben replied as he stood up and headed off to gather firewood. Polaris was alone in the darkening forest, with a dead fish and an entire bag full of gremlin bait. To say he was terrified was an understatement.

Dang, ended before I could finish writing rip.
🔥 rowan/cham/tripp 🔪 he/him 🔪 not coming back 🔥

You can transfer/resell any designs i have made up to 2/22/22
x
x

chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lysander » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:29 pm

—  f o u r  —

the first crystal  ;

the first crystal, located atop a tower just north of the
      city of arkaios. a shrine that crumbles with every step.
      in a library presides a monk.
      the crystal is within reach.

notes  ;

oml i have no idea if i can keep this pace up tbh ;;;;
      might skip a few prompts to take a break ;;;;

~2,717 words
      feat.  ;

| kalesys ; 150 HP / 0 MP
      | small dagger [equipped]
      | basic tunic [equipped]
      | good luck charm [equipped]

| mephis ; 100 HP / 100 MP
      | staff [equipped]
      | unbroken geode x5
      | blessed pendent [equipped]

| cadence ; 250 HP / 0 MP
      | long sword [equipped]
      | cloak [equipped]
      | steel toed boots [equipped]

Last edited by lysander on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
┌─────────────────────┐

lysander   he/him  about
 chronic hand pain haver
kalonsartadoptswritingtoyhouse
icon by my friend!

└─────────────────────┘
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Werecat » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:09 pm

prompt 4

Mason started talking "well thats a looong story really! I'm sure you wouldn't want to wast-" Pyper cut him off with a glare "here let me tell the story!"
-----
They had continued on their way fighting off monsters and doing quests on the side for extra gems, as it never hurts to have extar of them. you never knwo what trinkets you could find! eventually pyper had made the two boys stop and rest for a bit as shen was basically a zombie at this point and mason absolutely refused to walk and was being carried, and much to shens dismay, by shen. After they had some time to rest they had continued on the path that was layed out in front of them and that was amrked down on the map by previous owners. when they eventually reached the area of where the crystal could possibly be they went off on their own to find it, each taking a small area to search through. Pyper and Mason ahd tried their best but their efforts just werent enough and shen had by accident stumbled on a rock, falling into a puddle which was in front of a cave. which held the glowing artifact, the crystal.
[ 204/150 ]
Werecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:13 pm

Prompt 4

The party had waken up to a good breakfast of eggs, sausages, bacon and fresh rolls that just came out of the fire. Celestia was happy to be able to provided in some sense for her two nephews and was now sitting back in a chair and ripping apart a warm roll with her finger before eating it. Her plate was full or eggs and meat that where well seasoned and she watched as Noah was talking to the family that was so gracious to have taken them in. She was at peace, but the quest still lingered in the back of her mind. Where was the first crystal, how dangerous would acquiring this treasure be. She didn't want to put these boy into harms way, but they where men and needed to learn that the world wasn't always rainbows and sunshine.

"And then, next thing you know josh was stuck in a tree with our bull threatening to get him down on way or another." Alex the head of the house said laughing at his own story about his boy pissing off their prize bull. Noah had let out a good and hardy laugh and slapped the table "What ever gave you the idea of sneaking up of a bull Josh?" Noah inquired and all Josh could do was shrug out of embarrassment. Edmund was enjoying his time, he has already finished breakfast, and normally liked having a more quiet morning. Though Edmund would not complain and was being noise like normal. Upon the fire place was little trinkets, sketches of the people that lived in the cottage. Things that where considered treasures and family hire lumes. One was a necklace that the Miss's wore on their wedding and was intended to be passed onto her daughter like it was passed on to her. There was even a pocket watch, that was old and dented made of copper. Nothing fancy but was in good condition. There was one thing that was odd and out of place though. Tucked ways behind a picture of a older man was something the gave off a faint glow. it was a small crystal that had a beautiful blue glow to it. Edmund had picked it up and notice it had be placed on a old tarnish chain. "What is this?" Edmund asked turning around to look at Alex. Alex let his shoulder slouch a little as he got up and walked over.

"This was my Great Grandfather's. He insisted that it has some magical properties to it or something and went on about how important it would be one day. He was a loon you know. It broke my Grandmothers heart to see him go one talking mad like. But we just hadn't had the heart to get rid of it. He claimed it came for the Lake of tears over seas and that it was being guarded my Mer-kalons of all things. He was able to steal it from them and he had it with him till he died and gave it to my Grandma." Alex shrugged and put it back on the mantel.

Celestia looked at Noah and then back to Edmund. "Sir, I am a collector of fine stones and gems." She said falsely and put her plate aside. "This piece that you grandfather is rather interesting and I love the shine to it. I was wondering if by any chance I could purchase it. It would be lovely remounted and on a new chain." She didn't want to explain that her Great Grandad was right and bring in a cure and all of that and make Alex think she was nuts herself. Alex thought for a long hard moment "Geez, I dont know you see-" Celestia cut him off "I notice your fences look worn and I could pay you enough, so that way you could get all new fence to keep the cattle safe by winter." She then added, pulling out her coin purse and pulling out three shiny gold coins. Alex somewhat bitter sweetly smiled and took the gold pieces "Its all yours Ma'am."

After eating and thanking their host for the hospitality and shelter Celestia, Noah and Edmund where on their way back, with the first crystal in hand.

( 713 )
~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovestruck » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:59 pm

(Told from Narrator's point of view)
    A twisting path
    Diverging roads
    Three heroes escape demon's wrath.
    Pointy horns
    Warts like a toad's
    He seemed to be hell-born
    They fought
    So brave, So fierce
    Swords clashing on claw
    But more time had to be bought
    For the purple treasure they had to have.
    And so they leapt
    Away from the demon's gaping maw.
    The small one snuck
    Around his back
    She crept through the muck
    Leaving a track
    She reached her fingers out
    and touched it!
    Oh, she could no longer pout!
    She smiled more than just a bit
    She ran back with her lavender prize
    And they decided it'd suffice.
    And this was how our heroes brave
    Came to save
    The glistening crystal.
    The demon slayed not by a pistol
    But by a sword
    Maua raised it way up high
    Oh how it did shine!
    The assassin stuffed it in her bag
    They'd found the first crystal-
    At last!
    And so they tread
    Through the forest
    Glee as can be
    For maybe-
    They'd defeat the demons at last!

(Me trying to write a poem cx)
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:36 pm

Prompt 4
Erebus noticed a strange glow when he awoke sometime during the night.
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
"We have calcium in our bones,