Re: [RPG] Kalon Summer Event // Prompts

Postby trans » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:26 pm

prompt one wrote: Dʀᴀᴡ/ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴋᴀʟᴏɴ(s) ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀʀɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴇᴍʙᴀʀᴋ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ǫᴜᴇsᴛ.

- - - - -

ᴇᴅᴇɴ, ᴡɪʏʙʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʀɢᴀʀᴇᴛ.

- - - - -

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀᴛᴀʟʏsᴛ

The feathery white kalon had woken to a peaceful morning, just like all the others before it, the birds outside her window busy chirping
and squawking and peeping 'til their lungs gave out, and the hounds had been let out early--the even mix between low barks of the
adults, and the high-pitched yips of the pups. She had no reason to suspect anything was amiss that day, oh no, everything was in fact
almost─if not─perfect, enchanting the kalon when she woke to soft rays peaking through her curtains.

It was not until she had ventured outside in only her nightgown and slippers had she heard the slightest bit of what was going on elsewhere
in the world. Two older kalons and a mother and kit chatted idly by a bread stall, seemingly very invested in their conversation. As she
eavesdropped (Oh hush, everyone did it once in awhile.), she learned quickly of what was the talk of the town that day. It seemed a land
called Kalokairi, one she had not quite recognized but had vaguely remembered from a much earlier conversation she'd had, was in
trouble. Very serious trouble, and many kalons across the lands and seas had come to volunteer their aid to the kingdom.

Eden herself was not one to drop unannounced into others business or get involved in things such as that, however, she was mighty curious
about these sorts of troubles she'd heard described, and figured if others were going to help, why not herself as well?

With a newfound sense of urgency, Eden quickly ducked back into her home and immediately went straight for the old armoire in her
bedroom. She carefully pulled out the semi-lengthy dress and matching cape and hat, and nicked the dusty boots and scarf off the
backside of the doors.

Just as she remembered...

It had really not been as long as she might make it seem, but she wasn't one to often get involved in much of the more risky, dangerous
types of things that lied beyond her bubble. She was a simple woman who really just wanted to live a simple life. However, desperate
times called for desperate measures, and she couldn't resist offering a helping hand to those in need. It was also the right thing to do,
even if she was rather enjoying a life of peace and quiet for once.

Eden exchanged her nightgown and slippers for the rather extravagant outfit, and once she was done, reached into her desk drawer and
pulled out a very antique, old-looking box. Made of silver and adorned with impressive carvings and symbols, she took a moment to appreciate
it before winding the latch on the box and, like a music box, watching the lid open tentatively, as if shy and hesitant to reveal its contents.
She delicately pulled out the wand lying inside and let the feel of it thrum through her hands once more, the crystal at the top pulsing
and glowing with energy. She had no talent for magic herself, but with this, she could do many things a normal kalon like herself should
not be able to do. As with all magic, of course there were limitations, but the wand played its part wonderfully and worked much better
than she'd originally thought when she first found it.

That, however, was a story for another time.

Eden grabbed a medium-sized satchel from off the ground and gave it a once over before nodding in approval, then proceeded to stuff
it with essentials. Books, paper and writing tools, charms, tablets and scriptures with detailed engravings─she made sure to only bring
what would be important to her journey─and finally added some dry foods and a bottle of water. It was a little tight, but it wasn't terribly
heavy but still had what she needed and that was what mattered here.

She gripped her wand tight in her right hand, and flitted out the door, not without a knowing look from her quite lovely neighbor.
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

- - - - -

ᴛᴡᴏ ᴘᴇᴀs ɪɴ ᴀ ᴘᴏᴅ

So here you are, just biding your time at some completely rando breakfast inn place because your friend had to take "a restroom break,"
as she'd called it, and left you all by your lonesome to find something to do in this hick town because anyone who knows Maggie knows
she takes forever to use the bathroom.

You're currently chomping down on this muffin, yeah? And like, okay, you'll give it to the family who owns the place─they have some really
great muffins. Like, some of the best you've ever had, you would even dare say, and you've eaten a lot of muffins, even poisonous ones.
(You don't even want to get into that can of worms though, not today. You're not as moody as usual, which you'll take as a good thing and
not try to push it.)

Back to the muffin. You're really digging this muffin, even if your face is betraying the delicious muffin-splosion going on in your mouth,
and you're also twiddling your thumbs because you're really bored, when all of the sudden this total jerk in like, ninja gear? You guess?
Totally knocks over Maggie's drink. All over the dirt. And the guy doesn't even acknowledge you besides a quick glance at the now wasted
tea, he just looks at it like it's diseased water and leaves, and you hear the fainted muffled laughter when he's already halfway down the
street by then.

Great. Just great.

Now you're mad, but the jerk who made you mad isn't here. So you have no one to release this anger onto.

Well... Except yourself─

No. Maggie told you not to think like that anymore. You.. You made a promise to her. A promise you intended to keep.

Anyways..

Well, what do you know. Speak of the devil herself.

Maggie strolls out of the bathroom looking a little embarrassed but otherwise fine, which you'll have to ask about later but for now, you'll give
her time to figure out her own emotions first before you go asking about them when she's just as clueless as you are.

She looks pretty okay until she notices her drink is gone, and you give her a rundown of what happened and hand her a new one, identical
except that instead of covered in dirt, it had a few sparse muffin crumbs on the lid that you'd forgotten to swipe off before handing it to her.
She doesn't seem to mind, in fact, laughs at it, and you're so confused until she takes a moment to explain.

"That was very unfortunate, however it's just tea, silly! I won't be so distraught over such a thing as that! Especially since my best friend and
partner in crime even got me a new one!" She beamed, unusually bright in comparison to her usual anxious demeanor, but you'll take the bubbly
version of Maggie, at least for right now, gladly. A sad Maggie is... Honestly kind of depressing to watch. It's like seeing someone fall from thirty
stories up but unable to reach out to them and knowing you can't catch them in time.

"Okay, okay, I get it. Don't need to be so weird.." You mumble, despite your internal monologue just seconds previously, because the whole
physical affection thing kind of weirds you out when she gets like this─all... Happy. Unusually happy. Not that it's bad, just. Ugh. Too much
thinking, not enough doing.

"So can we go now? We have to catch the morning trip or we'll never make it out of here in any acceptable time. We promised we would do
this, Mags." You only use that nickname when you're being very affectionate or serious, but she knows right now, things are serious. Very serious.

"Yes, I do.. Suppose you're right." There it is─back to the Maggie you know and love (though you worry about sometimes too). "Let us be going
then! Not a moment to waste, Wiyby!"

"Yeah, I know, that's what I've been saying this whole time!" You return, but it's playful, and she knows that.

You bicker aimlessly as you catch the morning cart into the next town, and you count your graces that you have this awesome gear left behind
from your brother and a friend like Maggie to stand by your side, especially on a trip like the one you signed the both of you up for.

- - - - -

ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ's ᴀ ᴄʀᴏᴡᴅ

The three of you meet in the most mysterious yet ironic of ways, yet probably the most fitting, you'll later come to realize, when all
is said and done. After all, what is more fitting for a rag-tag band of misfits from completely different backgrounds than a mission to save
the world? Well, a kingdom, but a kingdom on the verge of catastrophe and collapse. A kingdom that needs saving. And you all intend
to do it. Together.

What could be more fitting?
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paints » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Paints

It was exactly 4 days after the beginning of the apocalypse.
The day that the Kingdom of Kalokairi fell, the day that they
arrived. Clothed in black, mysterious shadowy figures had
begun to appear outside the borders. They had arrived in
many numbers, getting stronger by the minute until Kalokairi’s
defenses were broken through. Plague swept throughout the
land and could not be stopped, spreading day by day until all
the Kalons had been affected. That is, but three. These heroes
had yet to meet each other, but will cross paths eventually.
From being ordinary citizens of the kingdom, their names will
forever be etched into history and be known as the ones who
freed the Kingdom of Kalokairi from their terrible fate.

“Papa please! You can’t be sick, not after all of this! We can find
a way to get through this, promise me! I’ll, I’ll…. I can fight! I’ll
kill all of the shadow creatures so you can be healthy again.
Please, you can’t be sick. Please..”

Dante cried uncontrollably into his father’s shoulder. His father
had collapsed in the kitchen after preparing lunch, his life energy
sapped away in the blink of an eye. Dante had lifted his father
with difficulty and carried him to his father’s room.
“Dante calm down, it’s going to be ok. I’ll be fine, but you can’t
stay here. It’s too dangerous, I am not losing you to this sickness
too.”
His father began to cough.
“Can’t stay here? What are you talking about, of course I’m staying!
I have to help you-”

“No Dante, you have to leave. Find the elemental crystals to save us
all, to save me. Please just do this for me, son.”

“But papa-”
“No, you have to go. Take my hiking rucksack and pack it with as
little clothes as possible, pack your survival kit and the first aid bag.
You must leave tonight, just as the sun has set so the creatures don’t find you.”

Dante reluctantly agreed, nodding his head slowly and wiping away the
fresh tear that had rolled down his cheek.
“That’s my little warrior, now go show the world that you are a force to
be reckoned with.”

With all the spirit he could muster, Dante rose from his kneeling position and
crossed the room.
“I love you, son.” his father called out weakly, his voice extremely hoarse and
scratchy. Dante paused for the slightest moment, but did not speak in response.
He merely nod his head, then walked out of his father’s room, mainly so
his father did not see the fresh stream of water slowly dripping from his
eyes. He closed the door and stood there for a while, silently sobbing before
finally making a move towards his room.

Dante opened the door to his room and pulled out his clothes from the drawers.
He set aside a packing pile, and began to toss warm hoodies and long sleeve
shirts into the forming pile. He continued to chuck things at the pile, until
he was satisfied with what he had. His paws dragged him towards the garage
where the rucksack was. Dante tried to pull it out of the cupboard, but it got
wedged in the door. He tugged, pulled and tried to force it through the door
until it finally fell out with a loud pop, landing on top of Dante. He scrambled
out from under the bag and looked around in surprise. With the reassurance that
nobody saw that embarrassing moment, he fumbled around in the cupboard till
he found the first aid kit and sleeping bag. He packed those two items into the
bag, and dragged it to his room. Dante shoved his belongings into the rucksack,
then opened his bedside drawer to retrieve the survival kit. He looked at it for a
while, gazing over the glossed cover. He slowly packed it, then closed the
rucksack. There was a small complication with closing the overstuffed bag,
but it was fixed in a matter of seconds as Dante unleashed his inner emotions
out on a sweatshirt that was preventing it from closing. He threw it to the side,
and the lid of the bag finally closed. Dante sat on his bed and began to mentally
prepare himself for the journey ahead, filled with monsters and fright.
Dante wasn’t ready, he would never be ready, but he had to go. For Kalokairi, for his father, for himself..
iImage
xi▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
┌─────────┐

Yes, I stan Tom
Holland, who doesn't?
I don't use CS anymore
So contact me by other
means eg Insta! ♡

└─────────┘
xi▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ix░░░░░░░░░░
xi▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ix - - - - - ©credit
xi▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xi██████████
xi██████████
xi▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iImage
Paints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crona. » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:40 pm

Prompt One | Day One
(275 words)

I thought this was good but after seeing everyone else's entries I do not. I'm terrible at writing haha. I guess I'll be doing art then!
Tab--"Well," Oxenfree wasn't prepared for the question, nor the journey they dragged their boyfriend into, "I prefer to cal myself an alchemist, while Rize called himself a Wiccan Ranger."
Both give each other nervous glances. The loaded question leaves them between a rock and a hard place. The party stops walking for a moment.
"Wh-why don't we continue--continue walking?" A stutter took over Rize's speech, garbling his words. Each gather their senses and return to their path.
"Both of us brought bags, each helpful to our own classes." Oxenfree removed theirs to check their package. "I've packed chemical compounds, recipe books, and as a backup weapon, a concealed dagger."
"I'm stocked on herbs, an-and I brought ailments and tonics for my blowdart, along with a stone-carved dagger." His confidence increased as he spoke; he was seemingly getting more comfortable opening up. Oxenfree eased on speaking for him; they didn't need to baby his every action.
"We were both nervous leaving home to help, but people here are in more need then we've been in a long time; it's time for us to pitch in." Rize spoke as he eased himself, loosening his pace and letting his once-standing hair lower. "We certainly didn't know what to expect, so we aren't the most promising pair, but we hope to get what we need done."
"Oh hush! We did just fine as we were leaving. I packed food, blankets, and quite a sum of money." Oxenfree scolded Rize for being so pessimistic, but it's just his nature. If anything, he was being realistic, but they had a "no negativity" rule to keep the journeyers as confident as possible.

♧︎

-
crona.
he or him.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
toyhou.se
art shop
my site
┌─

♤︎

crona.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rnirai » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:46 pm

prompt 1 (one)

"i want my healer to be gorgeous! ... here, put this on!"
"that ... armor seems very revealing, my prince. it would barely cover my shoulders!"
"that's the point ;)"

contact me on discord if u have
any questions @ mandula#8303

toyhou.se
kalon commissions

i like bunnies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lysander » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:30 pm

—  o n e  —

preparation  ;

in which kale is an unlikely leader.

kale recruits mephis to join themself and cadence on a
      quest to find the crystals. mephis agrees without much
      resistance, but has second thoughts when he meets
      cadence, a kalon of few words and even fewer smiles.
      they prepare for the journey ahead.

notes  ;

hi! this is my first time joining a kalon event, so i have
      no idea what i'm doing! let me know if i'm doing something
      incorrectly! thanks!

~1,990 words
      feat.  ;

| kalesys ; a short, nonbinary kalon with a thirst for adventure.
      | clever, confident, reckless. no one knows exactly how kale
      | makes a living, but rumor has it it's not always legal. quick on
      | their feat and quick with a knife.

| mephis ; a kalon in his late twenties with years of geomancy
      | experience. mature, but not without his own brand of snark.
      | adept at navigation and anything related to the earth, even
      | despite being nearly blind.

| cadence ; a weaponsmith in his mid thirties. not much is
      | known about him, as he seems to keep to himself for the
      | most part. has a past he dares not speak of, and frequently
      | has trouble sleeping.

┌─────────────────────┐

lysander   he/him  about
 chronic hand pain haver
kalonsartadoptswritingtoyhouse
icon by my friend!

└─────────────────────┘
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

on the run

Postby mimona » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:42 pm

day one
ezekiel

mimona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bright Horizons » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:49 pm

( prompt one. )

image.png
image.png (168.33 KiB) Viewed 324 times

inventory.
    potion of healing. staff. cloak. mint.
    dandelion roots. potion of strength.
    dagger. bowl. spoon. gold. etc......
Bright Horizons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:49 pm

Prompt 1
[ FluffyBirdie ] [ Kalons featured: Asahi, James and Aodhfin ]
[ 681 words ]

Hooray for teamwork and everything...
    Asahi looked around, wondering where her party members were. Apparently, they were being thrown into groups where no one knew each other to test their 'teamwork' or something of the sort. She normally wouldn't bother with things like these, but since other kalons depended on her she felt worried. She didn't know them, so would they mind her slacking and relaxed personality? But maybe it really didn't matter since they were on some sort of quest anyway, and she still had to work, slacker or not. She shrugged, deciding to shove it to the back of her mind, and thought through what she had brought along with her. Asahi had her favourite bow, along with a quiver full of normal and her best arrows. She didn't have much armour, other than a set of simple leather clothes, since wearing those heavy metal armour suits really restricted her movement, especially her aim. She had a few extra sets of casual clothes, another set of leather clothing, her arrow making 'kit', and some necessities like food. Who could forget food? Her bag was pretty light, since well, being an archer meant climbing up trees and the like, shooting from crazy positions, and a heavy bag would only make things tougher for her, a lazy kind of kalon.
    Her thoughts on archery were interrupted when another kalon arrived, rolling their eyes in annoyance. "Do we have to meet here? This quest thing is hopeless already if we couldn't even sort out a good place to meet. Like, I mean, where's the drinks?"
    She shrugged in reply, distracted by what they were eating. "Is that--"
    "Biscuits and oranges? You bet it is." The grey kalon said, happily finishing off the weird combination. "I'm James, your local assassin who loves to eat random things."
    "Asahi." She replied, smiling. James seemed to have a sense of humor, which she liked. Dead-pan people always made her wonder what was wrong with them. "What did you bring?" She asked, seeing his bulky bag. Didn't assassins require stealth and all that, like her? Or did he plan on dumping his bag with the party and heading off by himself?
    "Got some spare clothes, this and that, an egg, and money." He replied, opening his bag showing it to her. The thing that drew her eye was a nest made out of clothes, with an actual egg tucked inside. "The egg's for luck. You know, if it cracks it's a sign of danger. It's hard-boiled, no worries." He added, patting the egg. "I don't need armour with this egg around." Before she could really question it, the other kalon arrived loudly then, and Asahi turned, guessing it was going to be another eccentric character.
    "So first off," the cream and white kalon said, stopping next to them, "I'm in charge, unless one of you want to fight over that title. Second off, I'll be the best asset you two could ever hope for. Third, nice egg. I'm Aodhfin by the way, and I have no nicknames so don't even think of one."
    "Don't mind you leading, and thanks, this egg is special." James said, closing his bag. "I'm James, local assassin extraordinary. As in, extra-ordinary. More ordinary. Plain." He finished, before laughing. Asahi felt like crossing out her earlier thought. His sense of humor was quite different from others.
    "I'm Asahi, archer." She introduced herself, nodding. "Are you a mage or something?"
    "Pfft, I'm more than a mage! I'm a battle mage! So don't ask me for healing potions, I don't have any." He added, shrugging. "Or any
    potions, really. But anyway, any of you good at anything? Some healthy competition would do this group good!"
    "I'm good at picking eggs." James suggested, holding up his bag. "He's called Toby."
    "What's the egg good at?"
    "Rolling."
    Asahi wondered if they would even start the quest, if the only thing they've started in the past few minutes was a conversation about eggs. An egg named Toby, in particular.
    Maybe they shouldn't even start it. Like, the less hassle the better, right?

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SticksAndStones » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:08 am

Day One

Dʀᴀᴡ/ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴋᴀʟᴏɴ(s) ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀʀɪɴɢ
ᴛᴏ ᴇᴍʙᴀʀᴋ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ǫᴜᴇsᴛ.

Starring Lawrence and Miami

*Miami enters Lawrence's potion shop*
- Potion seller, I want your strongesr potion!
- My potions are to strong for you traveller...
icon by kaatlove

Hᴏᴍᴏ
Aʀᴛ sʜᴏᴘ
Tᴏʏʜᴏᴜ.sᴇ
Aʀᴛ ғɪɢʜᴛ

sticks | they
looking for art

SticksAndStones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery