Based on Click to view
Artist ExpensiveAlpaca [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Parrapup #72 - closed

Postby ExpensiveAlpaca » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:33 pm

Proud founding species of "No Form Left Behind"
Make sure to mark the main thread to qualify!
Parrapups, or Parras, are an omnivorous, aviary quadrupedal species that originated from tropical areas, but after they were domesticated, they gained more levels of fur and different beaks. All parras spend a lot of time cleaning themselves, and preening their feathers if they have wings. Parras come with a variety of tails and beaks, but good luck finding one that does! Having a large gene pool Parras also have the chance to show some mutations. They come in a large variety of colors including bright neons and dull greys. All parras are a very social in some way and love to whistle, sing, and chatter to others- Parra or not!

Without Wings

My first Parrapup design as an artist qvq I had so much fun making this guy, and the timer is a lie because I procrastinate// Anyways, to try out for him, give him a name, tell me what he reminds you of (it can be anything your mind can imagine), and give me a small background on him. Extras are allowed, but no necessary, and prettying-up is fine. Just please don't over pretty-up your forms up though.

This contest will end on August 12th, after I get home from camp

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
What does he remind you of:
Background (history, a story of his past life, etc.):
Last edited by ExpensiveAlpaca on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ExpensiveAlpaca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Parrapup #72 - open

Postby NightWolf950 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Username: NightWolf950
Name: Lars
What does he remind you of: One of my favorite characters from my favorite video game Tekken.
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2010 ... kken_6.jpg
Background (history, a story of his past life, etc.): Lars was always different comapred to the other Parrapups like himself. He was socical with his kind but he was drawn to the other creatures around him. Lars felt like his kind didn't understand the way he thought so far ahead into the future, he felt like an outcast in his own kind during his younger years in life. Has Lars grew up he began to keep his most special thoughts to himself. He learned to accept others for who they where, witch made him strive to be someone who could help others. Lars, growing up peaceful, taught him to only fight when needed. He took on a role of being there for other Parrapups that didn't have anyone. He also took in small creatures like bunnies or mice or even foxes to take under his wings and help them. Although Lars struggled in the begining he eventually found the right path he needed to be on. He has only barley strayed from his path since then.
Art: A quick headshot by me
http://fav.me/d7uwwae
Last edited by NightWolf950 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NightWolf950

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eyvindr » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:06 pm

marking :3
Eyvindr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rexodus » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:55 pm

MArk ;w;
Rexodus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icyblueblaze » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:43 am

Username:blaze_the_insomniac
Name: Vey
What does he remind you of: a circuit board, though colored differently
Background (history, a story of his past life, etc.): wip~
Last edited by Icyblueblaze on Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
current situation wrote:
Oh, wow, I'm actually active??
Thank you so much! <3
I'm a full time deputy, please be patient!
You can refer to me as Kailah, Blaze, or Icy

Pet spotlight! wrote:
Icyblueblaze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:15 pm

Username: Clementine Cloud

Name: Ember

What does he remind you of: A volcano!

Background (history, a story of his past life, etc.): Ember was always more of a loner. He didn't have many friends when he was young, mostly only his mom and dad and older sister (not real parras, just family for the story). Instead of going and playing sports with the other young parras, he preferred to sit under a tree and write. He loves writing, making the characters realistic with personalities and weaknesses, developing the story's plot, including the infamous plot-twists! And just creating a world that grew over time. If he was having trouble at school, or just with people in general, he would write a similar problem for his characters to face, sometimes without knowing it! His characters overcame the problem, even though Ember was unable to. Over time as school problems got worse, his grades went down and he was very depressed. His parents saw how much trouble his peers were giving him, so they decided to take him home and home-school him. Things were better for a little while, but he still had difficulties interacting with parras that were not his family. He was secluded more than ever, and therefore didn't learn important people skills. The only think keeping him sane was his writing. Once he reached adulthood he left home to search for inspiration, he was having writer's block for he had already written everything he knew. He flew and flew for days, stopping to rest and to find food. He stumbled upon a dormant volcano, it was so beautiful to him and filled him with happiness and ideas for writing. He has since made it his home, living in a little cave on the side of the mountain. There is a city not too far from the volcano, so he sometimes goes there to people-watch and get ideas for characters, but he still is very bad at socializing. He wants to widen-out, and get some friends but it's hard. He is still learning how to interact with other parras, but he is improving. (Is is okay for his story to be like this, as if he was human like in his personality and him being able to write?)

I have read on the main page that parras are social animals, and if they are not than they can develop schizophrenia, but in his case his writing helps him because he doesn't socialize very much. He socializes with his characters. He is not entirely anti-social, he likes to speak with people, but he isn't very good at it so he does it less than most.
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BecNessMonster » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:32 pm

Username:BecNessMonster
Name: Geo
What does he remind you of:He kinda reminds me of a Warrior, like one from the ancient myan area, or atleast what i would imagine them to look

Please bump things I have forgotten// My Dogons //
BecNessMonster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zuppe » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:33 pm

Username:
Name:
What does he remind you of:
res
╔══════════════╗

xx Deviantart // Flightrising // Tumblr.

xxxxxxPokefarm // Toyhouse

───────────────────────────

xx My Mains // Rebirth // My Kiamaras

xxxxxxMy JBDs // My Plumerians

───────────────────────────

Commissions are: Closed!
Art Trades are: Open!
Requests are: Friends Only!

++Interested in commissioning me?
contact me through pm or over
on my deviantart page!++

sig artwork by sixbane and niluna -->

╚══════════════╝
xx𝓡𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓸𝓹𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓴𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓴𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼..

ImageImageImage

Jazz // She/Her // Lesbian // Cisgender // Professional Artist & College Student

─────────────────────────────────────────────────

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zuppe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prince of Light » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:14 am