Artist Neah [gallery]
Time spent 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rise | #0338

Postby Neah » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:53 am

[center]
Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

Cat Name: Rosie | Rosestorm | Blossom Born of Summer Storms
    Clan: The Land of Three Crows

Description: Sleek ginger and white tabby with green eyes.

Other Features: None
    Siblings: None Living

------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
    ----------------- SS: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
    Father: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
    ----------------- SD: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
    ----------------- DS: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
    Dam: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
    ----------------- DD: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
Last edited by Neah on Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #0338

Postby anonymous.aa » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:17 am

founder name: maplestar
    clan: hiddenclan
    description: maplestar has white fur with orange tabby markings. her top left paw is partially orange as well. her eyes are emerald green.
    build: slightly fluffy and sleek. she is very fast and well at sneaking around her surroundings.
anonymous.aa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:31 am

This cat is going up for readoption!

rules wrote: ► (Applies to cats after #0010) If you do not make a thread for your clan and get to level 1 within a month, your cat will be rehomed

Posts below here count towards the competition.
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zippo. » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:52 am

Username: Zippo

Prompt: Rosie was a born to a pair of barn cats who were in charge of keeping pests away from the crops. As a growing kitten, she was absolutely terrified of the frequent summer thunderstorms. It wasn't the lightning that struck fear into her heart, but the repetitive roars of thunder that would shake the entire barn. Even the horses would get jumpy, which only made her more anxious. She was an only kit so she had no siblings to bring her comfort within the nest. Her mother, Lily, tried to comfort her the best she could though she was a new mother and surely struggled with the adjustment. Her father, Tommy, never wanted children and preferred to stay out of Rosie's life. He grew angry when she would whimper and shake and almost always ended up leaving them alone in the barn.

She only overcame this fear when she left her home and ventured past the mountains. She had heard of gathering of cats who were like her, who were strays who yearned for more. She took the journey alone, and had to handle the being out in the wild during a storm alone. She found shelter, bundled herself up, and just closed her eyes. She pictured the cats she would meet, and the life she could have. When she arrived in the Land of Three Crows, Dusty allowed her to choose her own warrior name.

It was an easy choice.
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Micki. » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:05 pm

Username: Micki.
    Cat Name: Gingerpaw • Gingerstep
    Clan: Bearclan
      * I'm not able to have a medicine cat at my current level, but she will be the medicine cat's apprentice once I do get one.

Prompt:
      "Gingerpaw," Dovetail hissed, obviously losing her patience with the young apprentice.

It had already been a full two moons since she began apprenticing under the accomplished warrior, but still she showed no signs of improving. In fact, the young she-cat seemed to be getting worse and worse. Gingerpaw refused practically every task given to her, from hunting to practicing various fighting skills. The only thing she seemed willing to do was showcase her gift for running away and hiding. "It's time to practice your hunting skills," the light she-cat commanded.

"No," the apprentice repeated.

Dovetail's tail flicked in annoyance as her usually calm demeanor began to crack. "Won't you just try to catch a mouse?" her voice was soft, yet there was an unmistakable hint of impatience in her tone. She simply didn't understand her new apprentice and she was starting to think that she never would. Gingerpaw sat down in defiance, shaking her head with a stubborn scowl resting across her features. 'I will not hunt, not even if Starclan commands me to,' she thought bitterly. Her response made Dovetail emit a low growl and she swiped at the air near the ginger cat, who did not take it well. The apprentice hissed as she leapt to her paws and took a few steps back. Dovetail hissed back, her eyes narrowed and her tail flicking wildly.

A large, dark tom happened to be passing as the two had their little stand off and interrupted quickly. "Dovetail, your behavior is unbefitting," his voice was gentle, but the reminder was all the she-cat needed. Both she-cats seemed embarrassed to have been caught behaving in such a manner. "She won't listen, Hawktail," the light-colored she cat whined, shooting her apprentice a sour glance before continuing, "She won't even hunt!" He exploded into laughter, causing Gingerpaw to shuffle a few steps away and hope that she would blend into the background.

"A cat that will not hunt?" Hawktail questioned, stepping closer to the ginger apprentice. "And why in Starclan not, little one?" the dark tom's voice was oddly soothing. In her embarrassment, Gingerpaw took a few more steps back and focused on the ground. She had been defiant only moments before, but now, faced with owning up to the reason behind her refusal to train, she was uncharacteristically shy and uncomfortable. Hawktail took note of her reluctance and gently prodded her with a large paw, "Well?

Dovetail opened her mouth to say something and before she could get her words out, Gingerpaw was mumbling something under her breath. The warrior gave a harsh look to her apprentice, her annoyance plain as day. "Speak up, Gingerpaw," she commanded. Her words garnered an eyeroll and a light huff of exasperation from the apprentice. However, the small she-cat did as she was told, for once, and spoke up, "I'm afraid of death." Dovetail's eyes softened at the response, while the tom gave a knowing smile.

"I've never liked it much myself," Hawktail noted, thinking for a moment before adding, "Perhaps becoming a medicine cat will help you deal with death in a more effective manner, as it did for me. We'll talk to Mousestar in the morning."

---

Gingerpaw became Hawktail's apprentice after this and has since had to deal with death. Being a medicine cat's apprentice has taught her that death can be a more favorable fate than needless suffering, though she is still working on overcoming her fear of death.
Last edited by Micki. on Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Only_Sky » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:08 pm

Username: Only_Sky
      Cat Name: Daisytail
      Clan: Fogclan

Prompt: Daisytail has a rather.. unfortunate fear of birds. When he was first apprenticed, the young tom came across a nest of eggs, and as any young cat would, he decided to mess around. Unlucky for him, the nest's parents happened to be nearby. To say the least, he ran back to camp with a few missing whiskers and a sore head. Ever since, the tom has been jumpy around birds, refusing to hunt and even eat them.

There's not an awful lot he can do to avoid the feathered beasts, but he does try to stick to hunting around the river and the marshes, away from the forest and moorland where birds are more than abundant.
Last edited by Only_Sky on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Divantae » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:30 pm

Username: Divantae
Cat Name: Tawnywing
Clan: Crestclan

Prompt: Cats with scratched out faces grouped together on the roof of the apartment complex these desperate cats called their camp. Emerald eyes avoided the gazes of her peers who chased each other and dined together under the glistening blanket of stars above. Letting out careful breaths, she settled down at the edge of the roof with a leg of the groundhog she caught, sweeping her tail close to her so not to attract any prying eyes and she glared out into the distance, of the pointed rooftops and the glittering metal of the bridge to the heart of the city. Tawnywing felt self-pity that the feast they threw for her for catching such a huge rodent was not even enjoyed by her. Come to think of it, she should be grateful for being surrounded by clan mates that actually cared. After all, she could be like the cats she occasionally spotted sulking down on the ground all alone. For a while she had no one except a few distant relatives that are now no where to be found. Still, having so much attention on her made her uneasy, like even the simplest things she would say would be judged. "I didn't deserve this limelight. I shouldn't have went after that fat groundhog...I didn't expect this!" she warred on in her head and clenched her eyes shut. It wasn't normal for the clan to have meetings like this. Hopefully it would end soon-

"Hey! What's wrong?" a soft and feathery voice sounded from behind her. This sweet tone could only be her leader Cardinalstar's; he never really raised his voice. Her ears pricked gently.

Shifting around slowly, Tawnywing struggled to look in her leader's eye as she muttered, "I-I don't really like parties." A boulder-sized weight was lifted off of her shoulders.

"Well, it's not for everyone. You're free to go downstairs and nest early if you'd like," he suggested.

The ginger cat hesitated, biting her tongue out of nervous habit and shifting her head. Perhaps she should stay out here and get to know these cats some more, since everyone else is having a great time.

Like her mother always said, "Get out of your comfort zone." She followed that advice to a 'T' as she shook her head and replied with newfound bravery, "No. I should meet everyone...here." Of course, she'd be lying if she did not still have fears of rejection, but she realized that life was too short to stay comfortable as she reflected looking at the lone cats on the street below.

Cardinalstar smiled cordially and led her over to a group of cats who he thought she would like. Soon enough, although Tawnywing was still a bit awkward, she ended up having a blast. The elders' dirty jokes about the clan leader once he turned his back made her laugh up the night and the queens were very friendly to her, although pushy about their beliefs. This was only a step, but a worthy one.
Last edited by Divantae on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Divantae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adamented » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:05 pm

Adamented || Redear || dreamclan || elder|| tom || 52 moons

Prompt:
Redear is an exceedingly nosy tom. He's always up in everybody's bees wax and he can't help but listen in and learn more than he should. For as much as he invades the privacy of others though, he's never been a gossip. He keeps what he hears to himself because he's absolutely terrified of the backlash of knowing too much. He's a very quiet tom with way too much indulgence in the drama of other lives, he has no intentions of hurting anyone with the information nor discussing it with anyone else, leaving him to appear as the strong silent type.

Other cats view him as a wonderful listener, but he can't give advice or opinions to anyone, abstaining from any discussion and keeping himself on the fence in the eyes of his clanmates. It's because he's terrified of conflict. More specifically confrontation makes him relentlessly anxious, he can't hear about his own flaws or problems and always tries to get away from any conversation that may pose him in a place where he'd have to defend himself or his opinions. He couldn't bear causing discord between others, or others and himself. Therefore he keeps his maw shut in both respect and fear.

Sometimes he can't just stand by however, not when it's hurting those he cares about since he owes so much loyalty to his family. Autumnstar has told him time and time again how valuable his opinions and experiences are as an elder of Dreamclan, that he needs to be able to provide council and to do that self assurance and bravery are essential. In light of her support and claims, he tries to push past this by speaking briefly and softly to others when only extremely troublesome situations arise, in the spirit of discouraging evil. He's straightforward, and leaves no room for assumptions or conclusions to be jumped to, sure to keep the secrets he overhears close to his chest.

He's grown a habit of licking his muzzle when he's nervous, he does this when faced with conflict to calm and/or distract himself from the ball of anxiety that forms in his throat and makes it difficult to speak.

(363 words)
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:52 pm

Zippo♥ wrote:Username: Zippo

Prompt: Rosie was a born to a pair of barn cats who were in charge of keeping pests away from the crops. As a growing kitten, she was absolutely terrified of the frequent summer thunderstorms. It wasn't the lightning that struck fear into her heart, but the repetitive roars of thunder that would shake the entire barn. Even the horses would get jumpy, which only made her more anxious. She was an only kit so she had no siblings to bring her comfort within the nest. Her mother, Lily, tried to comfort her the best she could though she was a new mother and surely struggled with the adjustment. Her father, Tommy, never wanted children and preferred to stay out of Rosie's life. He grew angry when she would whimper and shake and almost always ended up leaving them alone in the barn.

She only overcame this fear when she left her home and ventured past the mountains. She had heard of gathering of cats who were like her, who were strays who yearned for more. She took the journey alone, and had to handle the being out in the wild during a storm alone. She found shelter, bundled herself up, and just closed her eyes. She pictured the cats she would meet, and the life she could have. When she arrived in the Land of Three Crows, Dusty allowed her to choose her own warrior name.

It was an easy choice.

This was a hard choice. I reread all the forms multiple times and mulled it over for a while before settling on a winner.

I love stories of overcoming fears in times of adversity, however small her's was. And that she turned around and claimed it as a name, it shows a nice growth. Congrats fam!

I'd also like to award a HM to Micki. I liked that instead of making fun of her fear they attempted to help her over it.
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zippo. » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:14 am

thank you!! <3