WME: Dapple Rose Grey(Quipless) by Lilian Nightshade

Based on Click to view
Artist Lilian Nightshade [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
81 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

WME: Dapple Rose Grey(Quipless)

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:40 am

Time for another quipless equid to come up XP. I love dapples, so I couldn't help design a quipless one.

Well, since this one is very rare, it's time to be mean.

In order to try for this girl, you'll have to write a short story(1000 words at the most) for her and draw one of the scenes of the story you wrote. Backgrounds aren't a must and only one art piece per form is allowed.

Mauston wrote:Username: Mauston
Equid's Name: Nera (Nair-ah)
Height: 14,1 hh
Story: Curious looks were cast when the filly arrived in the world. She remembered lying there by her mother's side, fragile and helpless. The sun was warm on her back. The sounds and smells of other Equids enveloped her in a blanket of security.

"An odd one she is.."

An old mare looked down at her, head tilted a bit. Something about her was off, but they couldnt exactly point it out. The filly felt a tail wrap around her protectively.

"Unique. Beautiful."

The familiar soft voice of her mother.

Blinking, Nera awoke from the dream. She sighed, shaking her mane free of a few autumn leaves that had stuck to her. The memories of her old herd had been invading her dreams. Would they ever stop? The crowd of Equids in her subconscious mind contrasted with the emptyness around her now. On a beautiful golden plain, that lacked anything resembling her. Just birds and rabbits and wild hens... The sun reflected through the grass and lit up the land until it looked like it was glowing.

She'd belonged to a herd of mares, that lost their leading stallion. Nera reached an age where she became aware of a biological ticking inside of her. She was ready for a family. After a short time with a rogue stallion, and a failed delivery, she found herself alone. He disappeared, and left the poor mare without a friend in the world. The songs of finches traveled over the hills and their chipper notes brought a sliver of hope to the girl. Her ears twitched and leaned toward the pretty sound. Right now, the prairie welcomed her with warm colors and a bright sun. But something beyond it drew her further. Barely visible, a mountain range hovered at the edge of the golden sea like mist. She was a mountain animal. Her kind lived on the rocky slopes of the most beautiful peaks in the world. Sure, the flowing grass was gorgeous, but Nera longed for those distant heights. They were so far, it seemed it would take forever to get there. Blue eyes watched as the grass rolled far off, being pushed by a wall of wind. Closer and closer it came, until the breeze caressed her face. She wasnt much for scent, but even a mole could smell that. The crisp clean mountain air, falling down over the valley. Suddenly, her determination grew stronger.

I don't care how long it takes..

She thought with a determined scowl. Walking this far had taken days, surely she could handle a few more. One small hoof reached forward, a pause, and the lone mare continued on her journey.

Art: http://i.imgur.com/CpMvM.jpg (image is too big to see directly in the forum)
Last edited by Lilian Nightshade on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WME: Dapple Rose Grey(Quipless)

Postby icetea~ » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:47 am

Username:*ietea*
Equid's Name: Repeat
Story:WIP
Art:WIP
icetea~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:52 am

Username: Flowerdust
Equid's Name: Giselle
Story: WIP
Art: WIP
Last edited by Flowerdust on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butter Dragon » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:53 am

Username: BCL
Equid's Name: Quip ( like wip cream with a q.)
Story:
It was a cold winters night and quip was more scared than she had ever been in her whole life! She wondered in the forest alone. scared, and cold she pressed on. The frightful night air pressed hard against her fur. She lay down in a thicket and soon herd hoves aproching! She stood up abruptly and looked around, But night vision was not one of her streangths. All noise deceased. All but the sound of her heart beat. She lay down again confussed. 'Where was that sound coming from?' she thaught. Then she herd it again! Hoves! Another equid she was sure! She got up in a huff almost mad at the coming equid. Then she paused, Nothing. There was... Nothing. Again! A second time there was silance! She sat down in a fury! And then. Silantly waited. 30 minnuts, an hour. It never came. The sun started to wake up. The ball of yellow gas streached and yawned and made its way to the top of the sky. She stood up ready to head home. And there he was. An equid 14 hands high his red streaked made shining like snow just standing there. Quip stood there amazed. could it be? Could it really be Haakan?! She ran towards him and embraced the... TREE?! "OW!" She screamed. "Why you!" For Haakan had moved right on time. "You where all ways a trickster wern't you." He winked. And they found home togeather. :D

Art: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1528956 (Don't forget to read the post...)
Last edited by Butter Dragon on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
x
Butter Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manx » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:07 am

Username: Manx
Equid's Name: Vala
Story:
“I have to go,” Vala insisted, turning to face her friend. Judging by the skeptical look on Artemis’ muzzle, she wasn’t completely convinced.

“Vala, you don’t even know if this flower exists, let alone if it will even help us in any way,” Artemis explained patiently, worry touching her features.

“What choice do I have, Artemis?” Vala sighed, her voice growing soft.
Looking out upon the valley, it was quite evident what she meant. Recently, a strange sickness had plagued their home. Equids of all ages were affected by it, and it appeared to spread like wild fire, with few safe from its rage. Those who were still healthy had taken to looking after the sick, but without help, who knew how this would end… Her stomach turned even thinking about the damage that could occur from this disease.

“I’m going,” Vala repeated, her voice growing hard with determination. “I will not stay here and look upon this valley as my family and friends grow weak with illness.”

“Vala, if you insist on going on this journey, at least allow me to accompany you,” Artemis insisted stubbornly.

“No,” Vala replied, turning to look at her. “They need a leader to look after them now, someone to stay strong. Stay here, help them; I’ll be fine on my own.”

Worry still clung to Artemis’ face, but it was clear Vala had won. “Stay safe, and may the best of luck be with you,” Artemis murmured, touching her friend’s shoulder in farewell. Vala gave a warm smile in return, touched by her friend’s worry.
“I’ll be fine, you’ll see,” Vala said, and with that, she turned to begin her journey.
~~~
Exactly what Vala was looking for was but a legend of her kind. It was known as the “Ayla” flower. It was said to be a gorgeous flower, blooming only once every ten years, and only on a night when the moon was full and lit up the sky. The most extraordinary thing about this flower, though, was its ability to heal.

Though a legend wasn’t exactly solid evidence to go off of, it was the only thing Vala could think of now that may have a chance of driving off the sickness. Usual herbs weren’t working, and waiting it out didn’t seem like an option at this point. So, Vala began her journey to find the elusive Ayla flower.
~~~
Several weeks of searching and having nothing but herself for company had taken its toll on Vala. Her legs were weary, her once shiny coat now coated in dust, and her fiery determination dying with each step. She felt herself longing to return to her home, to forget about this journey, which had so far proved to be nothing but a wild goose chase. Vala forced herself onward, though, for her friends and family. So far, nothing she had found had even remotely proved the existence of such as flower, let alone where she might find it. Now, with the sun beginning to once again set, she looked to find a dry place to rest to for the night.

Her hooves resounded with a loud clopping noise as she trotted across the rock, having spotted a cave. Lichen and moss hung from the opening, nearly causing her to miss it. Nosing her way past the soft drapes, she flared her nostrils, taking in the scent of the cave. If she had learned anything over the past few months, it was you could never be too careful when checking a cave. Unfortunately, she had learned that the hard way…

Satisfied it was safe enough, she entered the cave and immediately laid down on the cool floor, utterly exhausted. Never before had she travelled so far, so fast, in such a short time. Her eyes drooped closed as she watched the last rays of the sun duck behind the horizon, before they closed completely…

Vala awoke suddenly later that night. Fear coursed through her as she raised her head, blinking as she nearly collided with a glowing creature suspended in the air. Giving a snort of uncertainty, Vala backed away and eyed the thing. Other suddenly appeared beside it, simply bobbing in the air and casting light through the otherwise pitch black cave.

For a few moments Vala watched them, and then approached cautiously. Bobbing in front of her nose, they seemed harmless enough. “Hello?” Vala asked timidly, unsure if they were even able to communicate. Quite frankly, she was having a hard time telling what “they” even were…

They gave no answer in reply, but suddenly began to float a way, apparently heading deeper into the cave. Curiosity winning her over, Vala followed them. Their eerie blue light lit up the cave, making it easy to find her way without tripping. She followed them on for several minutes before the path opened up ahead.

With a gasp of disbelief, Vala entered the little mountain valley. Lush, knee high grass filled the entire valley, and from to the side a magnificent waterfall crashed into a pool, its waters gleaming silver in the light of the moon. The most marvelous thing in the valley, though, were the flowers. Their petals a deep royal purple, with a splash of blue trailing in the middle of each one, each tip looked to be dipped in starlight silver.

Excitement building within her, she knew her journey was at an end. For these could be no other than the legendary Ayla flower. Vala dipped her muzzle to the ground, easily snapping off the stems of as many as she could easily carry. With a light heart, she turned to the creatures who had brought her to this place. They still bobbed in place where she had left them, as still guided her back through the dark cave. Her eyes shone with gratitude as she gazed at them one last time, before galloping back to her herd, joy giving her hooves unsurpassable speed.

Art: http://i46.tinypic.com/k0ljqw.png

(( 995 words. ^^
I got _Wolfgirl_ 's permission to use Artemis. (: ))
Last edited by Manx on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.
╔═════════════════════════╗

нєяє ι ѕтαη∂...

{уσυ кєєρ ιт, тσ яємιη∂ уσυ тнαт ∂єєρ вєηєαтн тнє ℓαуєяѕ
σƒ ∂єνισυѕηєѕѕ, уσυ нανє α ѕραяк σƒ ∂є¢єη¢у.

ρєянαρѕ уσυ ¢συℓ∂ вℓσω ση тнαт ѕραяк σ¢¢αѕισηαℓℓу.}
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
| Characters | Dadrika's Rise |
| Revelation of the Past |

...ιη тнє ℓιgнт σƒ ∂αу
╚═════════════════════════╝
Manx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppermintleo » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:14 am

Shes so gorgeous too, like my dream Equid! I swore to myself that I would try for a stallion.. but she's just too much to pass up! I'm trying my hardest for her.

Username:PureCrazy
Equid's Name:Domesticated Name: Rozeta (ροζέτα)
(Rozeta is Greek for Rosette. She is named for her rosy coat. It isn't however, or freedom name. Explanation in the story.)
Story:Shot's rang out over the tremendously gorgeous landscape. Crashing over the waterfalls, brushing over the rivers, dancing with the wind and grass, the sounds reached her ears. She had been grazing under a silver willow tree next to a calm stream. The sound made the mare's head snap up, her ears swivelling, searching. The sound didn't come again, so she relaxed, and went back to grazing. It was hunting season in the mountains, her homeland. It was only her, she was herd-less at the moment, a free spirit, nothing and no one holding her down.

She started to tremble when another shot was fired. It was close by. Too close for comfort. But she was hidden. Hidden behind the silver willow branches that dipped and played with the stream and wind, the leaves that twinkles with dew. She moved closer to the trunk, more protected. She was completely quiet, her senses ranging. Her lovely blue eyes, the colour of mist and water, danced nervously.

More shots. Closer. Closer. So much closer than the last. The branches moved, and she froze. From the swatches of leaves and twigs, appeared a human face. It was a woman's, her long blonde hair in the french braid. In her hands, she had a rope, a lasso. The girl approached the mare, gently, slowly, curiously. She had never seen a horse much like the mare, nor the mare a creature like the girl. A clicking noise, quite soothing, came from the girl's lips. The mare pulled her ears back and reared up, striking out. The girl moved away, her eyes wide. The mare backed away slowly, her ears pinned against her head.

Breaking through the branches, another human came, this time a male. He had a gun in his hand, and that's was when the mare panicked. She reared up, quaking, and struck out when either of them tried to get close. The girl's hands went to her lasso and the mare turned, bolting out of the tree branches. She went into a headlong sprint, racing over the hills. Behind her, she hear yips and cries, and the neighing of other horses. That made her slow to a stop, looking behind her. Behind her, there were other horses indeed, with humans on their backs. The girl and man were at the front, others following.

The mare turned and started to gallop again, melencoly fear gripping her as she ran. They were traitors. Her cousins, with the devious humans on their backs, using them. It was horrible. As she ran, she noticed the ground getting higher on both sides of her, a canyon swallowing her and the human riders. She simply prayed that there would be no dead end, but luck wasn't ever in her favour. And it definantly wasn't today. The canyon ended abruptly, a sheer wall of rock loaming above her, no foot holds or small paths to get up it. She spun around just as the man came into the dead end part of the canyon. The girl was next to him, on a gorgeous dapple grey horse.

WIP
Art:Working on it right now. It'll be done by tomorrow hopefully.
Last edited by peppermintleo on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
call me pure / he-him pronouns / transboy
ImageImage Image
peppermintleo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChristainAnimalLover » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:19 am

Never mind, I don't have the time she deserves... Good luck everyone!!

Username: ChristainAnimalLover
Equid's Name: Rose
Last edited by ChristainAnimalLover on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toyhou.se

DeviantArt

[url=*]Carrd[/url]

female . she/her . INFP
USA . Christian . Night Owl
Artist . Writer . Reader

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Credits: pfp | space divider | left art | right art | moon | </>
ChristainAnimalLover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Green Arrow » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:32 am

Username: Green Arrow
Equid's Name: Neptune
Art: WIP c:

hi i'm Arrow.
i like free!, game of thrones, it's always sunny
in philadelphia, american horror story and lots
of other shows.

i also love anything marvel/pacific rim/green street

Green Arrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Robyn Hode. » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:40 am

Username:Abuse's Song
Equid's Name:wip
Story:wip
Art:wip
Dont you lady me, son.
Im an Avenger.

╔═════════════════════════════════════╗

For all my marvel friends out there.
This is a petition for more
black widow, winter soldier, and hawkeye
merchandise

. My Equids My Plumies My Characters

╚═════════════════════════════════════╝
Son, just dont.
Robyn Hode.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GingerTheWolf » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:42 am

Username:GingerTheWolf
Equid's Name: Running wind
Story: As i galloped accross the field i sore a horse and rider aprotch me i galloped faster but it was to late...
i got taken to a Market of corse they cant see my beautiful they just see a old paint mare i read and buck trying to ecsape from the lasso but i couldnt i got put in a small aria they called it a 'stable' i neighed and a young person came along and took me home , after a while they sore my beauty so they said "your not a pet your wild" i nodded at them as i got to know them they let me go.
Now i run free in a green medow with a blue waterfall with my heard i love it here im glad i got let free i want to go back and say thank you but i cant i live with my mate and my foals in this happy pace for ever! <3 (i enjoyed writing this)
Last edited by GingerTheWolf on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My riding instructer always says to me, always look forward and never look back"

English Rider...
Western Dreams...
GingerTheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me