Re: Deerssert #152 - BJD!

Postby Manakete » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:57 pm

Username:
Manakete

Name:
Chachamaru
(Yes, she's named after Evangeline's android in Negima, shush it's perf ;v;)

Agender, prefers female pronouns instead of gender-neutral or male ones

Story:
Brylla sighed with envy, staring at the picture of her friend Brighid's new deerssert, a beautiful buck named Lysandre.
Isn't he gorgeous?! The caption read. Brylla moved her cursor and clicked the number of notes on Brighid's Tumblr post.
"Congratulations!" "Nice~" "Wow!"
With another heavy sigh, Brylla turned off the computer monitor. It's not that she wasn't a good enough owner for a deerssert, it's just that she had no means to feed one. And she didn't want ice cream on her furniture.
Grabbing her winter jacket from the coat hook, she decided that she was going to go visit the Deerssert Headquarters. It had been a while since she was there. Perhaps she'd find another beauty like the ghost deer, now called Alvar by any who knew of him.
It was a short drive to the Headquarters. Snow was gently beginning to fall. It was the beginning of March, but Mother Nature appeared to follow her own rules.
Brylla pulled in, exited her car, and quickly walked inside. Men and women alike in all sorts of attire were briskly moving about, like bees in a hive. She smoothly blended in, looking at the various deersserts inside their glass-walled enclosures. A pale peach one caught Brylla's eye; it was designed to look like a ball-jointed doll. She moved up to the glass and watched with wonder. Then she realized: it was a ball-jointed doll! It was even as large as a regular deerssert!
A small tag in the corner read: "Deersert #152. Unnamed. Ball-jointed deerssert. Ice cream flavor: n/a. Available to adopt."
Buzzing with excitement, Brylla turned and nearly skipped to the front desk.
"Excuse me?" She said politely to the youth working there.
"Hm? Oh, yes. Hello." He said, obviously preoccupied. He absently pushed a pair of red-framed glasses further up his nose.
"I was wondering if I could have an adoption form?" Brylla asked timidly.
"Oh, sure. Here." The man handed her a form and a blue pen. "Return it to me when you're finished."
Brylla happily returned to the doll once again, pressing the form up against the glass.
"Name... Brylla Ayelasri... Age... Twenty years..." She mumbled as she wrote. "Deerssert name... Chachamaru... Gender... Agender with female pronouns..." She scribbled a bit more, sometimes pausing to think, then proudly smiled. "Done."
Brylla excitedly trotted back to the man, form and pen ready for return. "Here you go." She said, thrusting the pair at him.
"Ah, thank you." He quickly scanned the paper. "Number #152... the ball-jointed one. You're actually one of only a few people interested in this one. I guess people prefer living deersserts, hehe. Anyway, I'll call you with the results once we decide who will get to adopt it. Thanks."
"Thank you." Brylla smiled pleasantly. She left the Deerssert Headquarters, much happier than when she entered.

One week later

The week had passed ever so slowly, anticipation and excitement slowing time. But today was the day: the day she would learn who got to adopt Chachamaru. In the short seven days that had passed, Brylla had affectionately come to refer to the doll as Chachamaru. After all, it would become her name if Brylla was chosen to adopt her.
All morning, Brylla impatiently waited for the phone call. Nothing could distract her, not even Pokemon. But then, her phone rang.
"Sunny sunny soda breeze~" Her phone sang. She snatched it up as if she had been starving for a week and the phone was hot food.
"Hello?" Brylla said, excitement in her voice.
"Hello, Brylla? This is Graham. I've called to inform you that you've been chosen to adopt Chachamaru. You can come pick her up today."
"Wow, really?! Thank you so much, Graham! I'll be over right away!" Brylla squealed. Her own deerssert! Chachamaru was her very own deerssert!
She nearly flew out of the house to her car. Giddiness caused her to speed and she nearly got a ticket on her way to the Headquarters.
Brylla saw Graham at the front door, waving to her as she pulled in. She got out of the car and walked inside to Graham.
"We had her painted to your specifications last night." He said, smiling. "She's still in her enclosure." He led her to Chachamaru, where she gasped.
Chachamaru was beautiful. Her knees and nose had been painted a pale clover green, with darker green eyes. An almond brown wig had been crafted and fastened to her head. They had even created the necklace Brylla had envisioned: a cerulean heart on a silver chain.
"I can't believe this..." Brylla said softly. Slowly she walked into the enclosure, unsure of whether or not this was just a dream. Slowly, she reached out and touched Chachamaru's soft hair. Her green eyes sparked momentarily.
"Huh. That's odd. Must've been static electricity." Graham remarked.
Chachamaru blinked a few times, then moved her head to look at Brylla. Her tail flicked and she stood from her sitting position.
"No..." One of the scientists said, taken aback.
"She's alive..." The other murmured.
"Chachamaru..." Brylla said softly. "You are alive..."
The deerssert huffed softly, as if enjoying the feeling.
"Chachamaru... is alive..." Graham said. "You can still keep her, of course. You were chosen as her adoptee. Whether or not she's living won't change that."
Brylla smiled her thanks, resting a hand on Chachamaru's shoulder. The deerssert began to walk. Instead of rigid, robotic motions, her steps were fluid and beautiful. Brylla led her outside to her car and opened the rear door. Gently, she helped Chachamaru in so she was laying comfortably in the backseat. Her green eyes were alight with the curiosity of life.
Brylla got in the driver's seat to drive them home. "Welcome, Chachamaru." She said, smiling affectionately. "Welcome to the world of the living. Welcome to life."

It's so sloppy omg
Last edited by Manakete on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Sing with me a song of birthrights and love
The light scatters to the sky above..."

5/17/15 - He told me he loves me. I love him, too.
He's the Ruby to my Sapphire and the only thing I want.
ImageImage
League of Legends - Exalt of Ylisse
Flight Rising - Manakete (#2599)
Tumblr - brute-tigrex

"Dawn breaks through the moon, white as a bone
Lost in thoughts, all alone."
Manakete

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tyrell wellick » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:39 pm

Username:
Angel of the Lord
Name:
Poppet
(Ve/ver/vis.)
Ve is comfortable with any sort of gender expression!
Story:
When deersserts started being adopted in my area, my eyes light up with excitement.
I burst out my door and ripped down my street. "My first pet!" I thought.
My whole life, I dreamed of owning my own pet. It was always the same thing from the parents, though.
"Maybe when you're older/you're more responsible/you can take care of it." And now, that time had come!
When I arrived at the adoption center, I looked around in awe. All of the creatures were so beautiful, so unique.
And then, I saw it.
A small doll sitting on the front desk.
Everything about it struck me speechless. It was carved and built so flawlessly; not a single scratch or blemish.
I stroked my finger over the doll, smiling.
I knew this was the one.

When I got home, I sat down on my floor with my new doll; my new deerssert!
I held it carefully in my hands, grabbing my paint brush.
I let the brush flow across the doll carefully, adding on my small personal touches.
After that, I sat the doll down on my table and grinned.
I turned away, going to put my brushes back, when a large glow appeared in the back of the room.
It kept growing bright and brighter, and all I could think to do was blink.
The glow exploded into a flash and a bang, and then silence.

On the table, my deerssert stood proud and tall. Alive. Blinking. Ears flicking. Alive.
I ran over and hugged the now-living creature, keeping ver tight in my arms.
Not only did I have my first pet now, but I had my best friend.
And I wouldn't trade ver for the entire world.
unfortunately, we're all human.
except me, of course.
tyrell wellick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:31 am

added an end date b/c i'm a doofus and forgot it WHOOPS

Postby apricotflyer » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:37 pm

username;; Apricotflyer is the name.
Winning this deerssert is my game.

name;; her name would be Notld
(pronounced no-till-d).
For some reason she reminded
of the night of the living dummy
and so this name was born.
I like it, it's unusual just like her.

gender;; Notld doesn't really have
a gender but has chosen
to be seen as a female.

{This story is based off of a dream I had, so it isn't very realistic. I hope that's ok. Just warning you that it's a little weird.}

[ C H A P T E R . O N E ]
doll

I guess I should start the story, right? The story where I was brought to life, though I guess I was living. I was simply frozen, unable to move from my lonely spot on the floor. Within the dank basement in the hold of a ship. Yep, that's right. A stowaway. I guess you could say that I took the form of a deer, though I few things were unique about me. But I was just a doll, still am a doll to this day. Until a girl brought me to life, the Mary Saint. Or whatever it is they call her, it's some weird religion or something. I guess I should just pass the story onto her. Kelly tells it the best.

[ C H A P T E R . T W O ]
human

It had been yet another peaceful day on the ship, 'Sunlit Travels'. I calmly sat upon a stool in my dressing room, brushing my lengthy brown hair that pooled over my shoulders in an uncontrollable mess. It was coronation day, a new year and the time for a new Mary Saint to be chosen. A Mary Saint must be between the age of 10-20, it's some silly rule but I guess I understand.
WIP

xxxxImage Image Image
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    𝐢❜𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨.​​​​

━━ ✦ rp characters
    ━━ ✦ apri
    ━━ ✦ she/her
    ━━ ✦ leo
    ━━ ✦ infp
    ━━ ✦ lesbian

━━ ✦ crestley family

𝐢❜𝐦 𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟.
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
apricotflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saint.EXE » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:16 pm

CODE: SELECT ALL
Username: kaworu
Name: tsukasa
Story: possibly inspried by edward tulane
because i dont exactly feel comfortable using myself, ill be using a sort of icon of myself.
Bells chimed, a light, metallic ring through the morning air of the town. It was small, barely over seven hundred people. The shops were cozy, and the people were kind. Sure, there was Mr. Johansson, who's quick temper scared children, but it wasn't his fault. He was a nice man, and always apologized for yelling at the children after, but this tale isn't about Johansson, or the children, or the town. This was a story about a pale, peach doll, sitting on the shelf of the dollmaker's store, who's bell we heard only moments before. The shining eyes of the doll caught the room in it's glory. He could not speak, could not move, and only sat on the shelf, watching the same spot on the door, hoping in the little doll conscious that the dollmaker, with all his heart, had stuck inside the deer. This day seemed like any other, the children would come in, look around, leave, bring their parents, and then leave once more, possibly with a doll, or possibly with tears in their tiny, glimmering eyes.

wip
yes yheys
saint.EXE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gratefultritone » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:18 am

Username: Magical Toaster
    Name: Marionette

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

Story: "Don't worry little one, I'm here now and know more than some," a small girl no more than the age of seven said to the small doll in her hands. "My daddy likes dolls a lot too, and I know just how to take care of you," the girl continues, finishing painting small little antlers blue. Her hands were covered as well as the table she was doing it on, and they were obviously carved by her too, based on the stubs and awkward nicks in the wood.

She took the two antlers and laid them down on the table, picking up a rag off the floor and wiping her hands before carefully picking them back up, as if they were made of thin glass. She gently grabbed the doll from the small bed she had made (though it was just a wadded up pile of blankets) and put the antlers on. "Daddy said hair is too messy, and also a little too... Petty," she says, pausing as she couldn't find a perfect word to finish her sentence. The doll just stared blankly, it's glassy eyes seeing nothing but seemed to be all-knowing. The girl didn't seem to notice.

"So pretty, but I'll have to take good care of you, your just so little bitty," the girl continues to stumble on, her words jumbling and sounding funny in some places. It seemed everything had to rhyme in some way or another. Her hair was a duller brown, but red streaked her hair. Little freckles were scattered on her face, though the most stunning thing about her was her eyes; blue, a very light one at that.

"You can't see, I can't see, we're all the same here, don't you agree?" She said in a sing-song voice, running her hands over the small doll, as if trying to memorize every inch of it. Her father knocked on her door as a way of announcing his arrival. "Dear, are you alright?" he said, looking at the mess of blue all over, though it seemed to be more than just on the table as the girl had hoped. Her messiness wasn't something she could help, though it didn't seem to make her father any more tolerant. "What have I told you about messing with my dolls, I've been looking all over for that," he said rather loudly, his voice rising in octave.

He walked over and grabbed the doll out of her hands, then grabbing her hand in turn. "Come on, your mother is waiting on you." The girl stopped in the middle of the hallway they were now in. "She isn't my mother, as one can not replace another," the girl whispered, barely able to be heard over the clanking of the doll in her father's hands as he walked into a nearby room to sit it down.

"Stop rhyming," he said, shutting the door that lead to his workroom, sealing the little doll inside. "Marionette," the girl whispered, though nothing else was said from her as her father just shook his head and led her into the kitchen. A tall woman with bright emerald green eyes stood there, placing plates of food on the nearby table. "Mari," the woman exclaimed excitedly and much louder than necessary. Her voice showed almost a hint of surprise, but seeing the look on the girls face she just looked at the father with a seemingly all-knowing glance.

As they all sat around the table, Mari waited as her father filled up her plate. She was more than capable of doing it herself, though ever since her mother passed it seemed like she was treated as if she could do nothing on her own. Her mother was always one who understood her, seeing as she was blind as well. Her father always said he fell in love with her mother because she seemed to look like a doll.

Dinner passed in a forced silence, save for a few forced questions. As soon as she could, Mari stood from the table to excuse herself. "Dinner in ten, kiddo," her father said, though his cheeriness was false. He stayed in the kitchen, and Mari walked to her room, trailing her hands across the trim at shoulder which was carved intricately by her mother. Everyone said she had an "artist's eye" and Mari was determined to be just like her. Her father was brilliant, sure, but he couldn't see the beauty in imperfections.

Reaching her room, she knew if she just turned two steps and walking into the other room she could take back the little doll she wanted so desperately. Surely he wouldn't miss one, when he made hundreds of thousands in his lifetime. Listening carefully, she opened the door slightly and walked into the room. Everything was foreign to her, and she stumbled around tables she didn't even know were placed there. It had been months since she had last been in here, because for some reason her father didn't want her in here anymore. Feeling a doll, then another, and another, she couldn't find her little doll.

Hearing footsteps, she found a small circle button hidden in the molding. It opened to a closet quickly and soundlessly, though Mari felt her way inside. It shut behind her. It was a long closet, spanning the entire length of the house width wise. It was another place she wasn't supposed to be, her father didn't even know she knew it existed. He didn't know a lot of things, though, she thought to herself. Things hung from the ceiling all the way down, and she avoided touching them at all costs. She crawled along the floor as she heard her father enter the main room, muttering to himself.

He opened the closet door and Mari pressed herself against the wall, hoping she was hidden in the shadows, or anywhere else she couldn't be seen. Other than them the room was devoid of anything. Something was hung, heavy by the sound of it, and Mari didn't move. "She wasn't the one, kiddo," her father spoke up, and his voice seemed to echo in the narrow hallway. "Come on now, we'll find her soon," he said, as if he wasn't angry at her presence in the one room he forbid her to go into.
    Paint on a smile and dance for a while,
    You'd be amazed what you'd find

Toss the strings into the growing pile,
    Dance a little jig, what could it hurt

Open your eyes and see the whole mile,
    You never know when you may again

He guided her into the room, and tied a small string around her hand. In the other, he placed the little deer doll, though after a moment Mari realized that her antlers had been removed. "I had to fix her, and I just got around to finding the right eyes to do so. This one, is perfect," he whispered to her, as he looked down at the doll. The dolls eyes were no longer a dull glazed over blue, but rather a pair of bright emerald green ones instead, and slowly they blinked and the doll stirred in her hands. Jumping, Mari felt the doll once more as it stood on her lap and leaned into her. "Just a few adjustments, and this one you can keep. One day, I'll show you the tricks of the trade," he said, a hint of a smile in his voice, but an edge was hidden in there too. "Maybe you have artist's eyes too..."

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

Edits: Everything about this Dessert is beautiful as it is, though there are a few things that I would just love to do to Marionette. I would add antlers, though they were be attached to a headband, with blue antlers. Mari's father never approves of her less-than-perfect antlers and therefore she never kept them in. She soon noticed she could attach them to a small wooden headband, which would slide off the Dessert when her father is around, in order to keep her "perfect." I would also add some blue dots combined with the same green as the eyes (the blue the same color as the antlers) similar to those of a natural deer, and also change the hooves to blue. The eyes would become a lighter green and a small stripe of green on the tail. If this is too much, please tell me. Accessories will probably change often with nothing really set at the moment. I visualize Mari as someone who really likes to play with Marionette, and dress-up would be one of those games that all little girls love to play.

An Ending Note: I'm sorry, the story got really dark really fast and by the time I finished I was torn between trashing it and starting fresh and try to create something lighter, but once I started thinking I couldn't change it. Hope it's alright. ;3;

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

┍ im returning after a period of inactivity ┒
not really returning I just show up
┗ sometimes. so, unreliable but friendly┙
Gratefultritone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:26 pm

aaah i really wish i had the willpower to do some RUs on this one, but i've been a bit on the busy side lately! [guess who's going to be working at an upcoming ren faire and has to attend monthly classes/semi monthly sewing classes/sword classes/etc? heck yeah it's me!]
anyway! i loved all of the stories, even the incomplete ones. that being said, my favourite story was manakete's!
thank you all for trying out, and i'm sorry about the late judging. x__x;

@manakete
juuust to make sure i have the list of edits down [also w/ some questions]:
-pale clover green knees and nose
-dark green eyes
-almond brown wig: what length/style?
-cerluean heart on a silver chain: how long do you want the chain to be?

Re: Deerssert #152 - BJD! - Winner: Manakete

Postby Evil Muffin Overlord » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Congrats! Your story was truly excellent, I'm glad you won her. ^w^
I wish I had had time to finish mine, but, hey, life happens. Take good care of Chachamaru!
I AM THE EVIL MUFFIN OVERLORD FEAR MY AWESOME POWER

Also, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM EATING ME
AND MY MINIONS!
Yes, we understand that we are muffins,
but we are not edible, we are evil!
Being eaten always takes away precious
time and resources, as well as degrades
our honor. So please, if you value your
life and your goodness as a person,
don't eat the muffins. Please. For
your sake, and ours.

Characters, roleplay open for all.

My Lovely JBD Bauble!
Evil Muffin Overlord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Deerssert #152 - BJD! - Winner: Manakete

Postby Manakete » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:47 am

Oh my gosh!! ;v; Thank you so much <3 Gosh, I'm so happy right now.

The list you have right now is correct. The wig should be down to her shoulders and kind of wavy-ish? If that's a good description. I don't really have any super specific ways for it to be styled or anything, so go crazy :P As for the chain, the cerulean heart should be in front of the center/bottom half of her chest, so not very long.
"Sing with me a song of birthrights and love
The light scatters to the sky above..."

5/17/15 - He told me he loves me. I love him, too.
He's the Ruby to my Sapphire and the only thing I want.
ImageImage
League of Legends - Exalt of Ylisse
Flight Rising - Manakete (#2599)
Tumblr - brute-tigrex

"Dawn breaks through the moon, white as a bone
Lost in thoughts, all alone."
Manakete

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes