Based on Click to view
Artist starry--knight [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Lions of the Cosmos Adopt #78 - OPEN

Postby starry--knight » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:55 pm

Lions of the Cosmos Civil War
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
|| Species Info || Archives || Nursery || Fan Club|| Customs || DA Group || Re-Colors || Website ||
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)
This is adopt #78 of Version 5 of L.O.C! To be eligible to adopt you must mark the main thread, and fill out the form below! Effort on forms is required. This community is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply :c

For this LOC you may only adopt if you are a Non-Owner or A LOC owner who owns 1 Lion
Code: Select all
Username;;
Name;;
Gender;; Male
Element;; Death
Rank;; Prides Member, Prison Guard or Cub Educator
Personality;;
Extras;;

This comp can end without a winner. If no form meets LOC form requirements, he will go up for claim slots.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lions of the Cosmos Adopt #78 - OPEN

Postby giraffidae » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:10 pm

Just gonna mark here bc I will be back. Hot mushroom looking peppers you've created starry. .-.

username: legend-
    name: Akhlys
    element:Death
    personality:
    extras:
Last edited by giraffidae on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

full time college &work⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

dA / chars / the dex

done with cs,
      wont answer pms

she / her / it idc
      pixs by me (>)
      ImageImage
giraffidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T h e M a r t i a n » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:39 pm

focusing on another! Early congrats to the winner of this babe. He is gorgeous! X3
Last edited by T h e M a r t i a n on Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

My toyhouse
My Viscets
My French Warmbloods
My Tolters
Hello Everyone. I am T he M a r t i a n, as you probably have seen, and I prefer she/her pronouns. Hope to meet all of you at some point. ^.^
T h e M a r t i a n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:57 pm

He's got such lovely colors <3
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby demonthief. » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:36 pm

as much as I love this bloke, I just don't have any time.
Last edited by demonthief. on Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demonthief.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragontrix » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:23 pm

Username;; Dragontrix
Name;; Breasal
Name meaning;; It's an Irish name that means pain
Nicknames;; Bree, Sal, Mr.DeathGuard(by one of the prisoners)
Gender;; Male
Element;; Death
Rank;; Prison Guard

Personality;;
Breasal is a lion with many different sides to him, he can seem cold and uncaring to strangers, but he can also be very kind and loving when you get to know him more. He does not like hurting people, despite his element, and have a hard time facing death, even with his close relationship to it. Breasal can seem cold and uncaring, and it is often true, there is many things he does not care for, like beauty, comforts and the things in life that does not serve a purpose. But he does not dislike those that think differently, he just doesn't understand its importance. He is often a lion of very few words and rarely speaks to those he don't know, but he loves to embarrass his friends and can be kind of an ass, but never really means any harm, and never does anything that could actually hurt anyone. He can be kind of overprotective over those he is close to, and would gladly sacrifice himself to protect those he cares about. He have a very hard time dealing with death of any kind, even that of non-sentient animals, because of the fact that he have lost both of his parents, and even others he cares about. He often gets into a kind chock when someone he knew dies, or watching some die, and it always happens when he don't have the choose about killing someone and have to do it to protect some else. It can take days for it to go away, but he bears the memories with him forever. 

Finding his Powers
To see the dead(age 6) wrote:The young cub was quivering in fear, starring with wide eyes at the dark lioness before him.
"Yo-you-you'r de-de-dead!" he whimpered, trying to shuffle backward, away from the other. The lioness smiled sadly at him and took a step closer to the frightened boy.
"Yes Breasal, I am," she sighed and sat down in front of the cub, still with the forlorn smile on her face.
"My dear boy, you knew this would happen, your father told you that. It's your element, it was going to happen sooner or later," she sighed again and gave the young cub a fond smile, still with that edge of sadness. Breasal had stopped trying to get away from he lioness and took an uncertain step closer.
"Mo-mom," he whispered, stared up at her with big tear filled eyes.
"Oh honey," she sighed again and laid down, closing her eyes. Then said with her voice filled with pain,
"I can not stay here, I no longer belong here, please tell your father that I love him? Okay?" she opened her eyes and gave her son a stern look.
"And please don't be to hard on him, he just wants the best for you, you are the only one he have left."
"I promise mom!" the young cub nodded vigorously, whole body shaking. The lioness smiled sadly.
"Farwell my boy, don't forget your promise," she was already starting to fade away. Breasal's eyes widened and he threw himself toward his mother's shape.
"Don't go, mom!" but she was already gone and he tumbled onto the ground where the lioness had been just seconds earlier, dust swirling around him. He stood up on shaking legs and closed his eyes.
"I will take care of dad, I promise."

Crippling touch(age 9) wrote:
“Bre, Bre, Breeee, come and play with us! It wil be fun!” the female cub was happily bouncing around Breasal, who just rolled his eyes and didn't move from where he was laying.
"No Zera, you know I don't want to, you and your friends just play warriors all the time, and you know I don't want to be one," he said and laid his head down on his front paws.
"You are such a bore, just like my brother, he don't want to be a warrior either, he's always warriors this, warriors that, boooring," she snorted and sat down.
"You do know that your brother have a point, lions get hurt in war, some even die," he said sternly and lifted his head.
"Duh, that's the point, what fun would I be if you didn't get to fight somebody, the thrill of wining," she rolled her eyes and wrinkled her nose.
"Zera! We haven't even started out preliminary trials yet! We have no idea what ranks we are going to be when we grow up, you really shouldn't talk like that!" Breasal stood up and glared at the older cub, growling angrily. Zera just snorted and rolled her eyes.
"So what, I know I'm going to be a warrior, there is nothing wrong with fighting, really you are such a baby, no wonder considering how much your father babies you, he’s even more of a baby then you are" she snickered and leered at him. Breasal growled and hastily stood up.
“Do not talk about my father like that, or I will, I will-”
“Or you will do what? Tell your little army of the dead to attack me? Hmm?" she smirked at him and haughtily whisked her tail back and forth. He snarled at her and threw herself at her. She just laughed and jumped to the side, avoiding him easily. He pounced on her, paws connecting with her middle.
Abruptly a scream of pain erupted from her throat, eyes widening he backtracked away from her. Breasal stared at the other cub with fearfiled eyes, whimpering. The female’s side, where his paws had connected with her body was an blistering burn, the flesh a sickly black colour.
“Zera? Zera!” a panicked shout could be heard before the female’s mother crashed onto the scene.
“I-I-I di-did-didn't mean t-to,” the cub whimpered and covered underneath his tail. The lioness didn’t even look at him, just picked her daughter up by the scruff and hurried away towards the healers. Breasal stared after were the others had disappeared for a second before hurrying after the lioness.

A New Life

Breasal opened one eye and looked up at the lion standing before him.
"Anil," he greeted with a nod and than closed his eye again. The other male chuckled and laid down beside him, Breasal just knew they had a fond smile on their face.
"I still do know how you always mange to know I am coming, even when I try to mask my footsteps, " they said, voice filled with poorly hidden mirth.
"The wind always moves in a particularly sort of way when you use your powers," he smirked at the groan the other male let out, rolling his eyes at the unhappy muttering he could hear from them.
"I really need to find a way to stop that then, I can not have it that someone would still hear me when I am trying to hide it," Anil said, then snorted.
"My sister is still angry about what you did last week, but really I can not blame you for wanting to get of the planet, and honestly, I think you will make an perfect prison guard," Anil told him softly. Breasal slowly opened his eyes and turned his head toward the other lion, they had a small smile on their face, just as he knew they would. He sighed, he knew they were telling the truth, but it was still hard to understand, most of those that they knew looked down on him for actually making the choice to be a prison guard, even an ordinary prides member like Anil would have been better in their eyes. He snorted, really, he wanted of the planet, and with his prides mane this was the only way. The fact that his powers had granted him the job before he even could think about it was just a bonus. because what better was there then a guard that could wound any escaping prisoners with just a touch? Make them incapable of moving, put them on the brink of death and even beyond?
He sighed and shook his head, that wasn't important right now, he had to talk and spend time with his friend while he still could, who knew when they would se each other again after he was officially taken into the ranks of the prison guards.
"And I still can not understand how you managed to hide the fact that you where training to become one, it is probably the reason why they were so angry," Anil chuckled and smirked at him.
"But really, I am the only one that am a prides member, and when I didn't tell them, how could they know? And really how did you mange to convince your teachers allow you to change course, you where nearly a century old? You was just about to go into the harder courses, I know, I was there, so how did you do it?" Anil actually looked curious, and what could he say, he would be too. He swallowed uneasily, but did start the tale even with the concerned look on the others face.
"Well, you know that I was just under a century old, an well you know that my father just, well," he closed his eyes, flinching.
"Hey, Bree you don't have to, I know, okay?" Anil shuffled closer and laid a paw on his. He sighed again but nodded, yeah he knew.
"Anyway, I think the teacher knew how unhappy I was, knew that I was all but alone. He asked of there was anything he could do to help me, of course I was sarcastic when I answered, I really didn't think he was going to take it seriously, but he did. I said, if you can get me of the planet sure, that would help. But he surprised me, some weeks later he come to me with one the prion guards that was on planet to teach the new recruits, as she called them. She said that she was more then willing to let me try and see if would fit as a prison guard, if not, I could just return to my earlier studies. And of course you already know how that went," he smiled fondly, she was an amazing teacher, and so understanding, he would miss her when he travelled to the prison planet, as she would stay here, continuing to teach others the same way she had teaches him. He shook his head, no need to think about that now, he had a friend he had no idea when he would meet again, who he really shouldn't ignore just for sad thoughts.
"So, Anil, love life getting any better? Found any nice guys yet?" he smirked at the others sputtering.
Yeah, such thoughts could wait for later, he had a friend to embarrass.

Life, and Death

"Hey, hey, Mister Guard, hey talk to me, please," the lionesses in the was babbling again, pleading with him to talk to her, Breasal just rolled his eyes, she had been doing it for years, ever since she had come to the prison . All lions, both guards and prisoners, had that some thing about the prison that was the hardest for them, for this lioness it was the boredom. She was a social person, from what he had grasped from her rambling she had been a cub trainer, but had been caught giving information about the cubs she trained and their parents to a rebel.
"Mister Death, come on, talk to meeee!" he didn't react to the other's pleading, just continued staring, passively, at the wall in front of him. His shift was ending soon anyway, he didn't have the energy to bother telling her to shut up, he knew it would only encourage her anyway, if he acknowledged the she existed.
The lioness in the cell grumbled faintly when her prodding was meet with silence, sighing loudly she slammed her tail against the wall, or at least that is what he assumed she did, what with the thump that could be heard from within.

Suddenly a loud shrill sound could be heard, the alarm was blaring loudly through the complex, one of the prisoners was loose.

Breasal immediately jumped up, head turned toward the way the sound was coming from. He spared a quick glance back at the cell he had been guarding, deeming it safe to leave, before he dashed toward the opening in the wall, toward the fight.
He ran as fast as he could through the corridors, hoping he wasn't to late, that none of his fellow guards has been hurt. The sounds of fighting could be heard from in front of him, making him accelerate, trying to reach the fighting as soon as possible.
He soon skidded into one of the bigger crossroads that connected the cell blocks. The Fighting was in full swing, the escaped prisoner in the middle of a group of five other guards , she was smirking, and obviously has the advantage. Three of guards that surrounded her was sporting deep wounds, from both claws and teeth, but the prisoner herself was free of even the slightest scratch. None of the had seen him yet, to occupied with the battle to look toward the the openings in the cave walls. He narrowed his eyes, silently edging his way into the room, into the ring of fighters. The lioness swirled around, toward him and so did the other guards, he could see the way they breathed out in relief, thankful for the help. The lioness was still smirking, even if it had gotten a hard edge to it, staring at him calculating him, looking for a weakness, something to use against him.
Suddenly she snarled and leaped toward him, he barely managed to dodge the swipe of her claws. And the battle was on again.
They circled each other, looking for openings, he could see his fellow guards doing the same, assessing her , looking for any opening to attack.
Suddenly she whirled around, leaping over one of the other guards, easily smashing into the surprised guard behind, who didn't even have time to react before the prisoner's claws was ripping into their belly. Breasal jerked, swirling toward the lioness, but she had already been pushed away from the injured lion by one of the others, he looked toward them, meeting the eyes of his fellow guards.
"Get out of here, find help," he whispered toward them and only waited long enough to see the small nod they gave before he leaped back into the fight. He turned back in time to see one of the others rake their flame covered claws over the lioness side, before being kicked to the side by one the prisoners back legs. The wound on her side didn't stay for long, soon it started glowing, a dim golden must covered the wound before it disappeared, leaving the skin underneath, where the claw marks had been, unblemished, with no trace of the wound. He growled faintly, a healer, of course, that was why they had such a hard time fighting her, any injury they gave her would, she would just heal like it had never happened.
Suddenly she swiped her tail toward one of the others, the side of the tail blades hitting them over the head, leaving them unconscious. He immediately turned toward them, taking a step to see if they was fine, but one of the others was already at their side, turning toward him and shaking their head.
"Go after her, she will escape," they hesitated a moment before he continued.
"Kill her, she will not stop, any injury we deal will just be healed, Breasal, she will stop for nothing, you have to do it," the other guard's face was stern but understanding, they knew he didn't want to, but they knew just as well that there was no other choice.
Breasal took a deep breath and sighed, but nodded before he turned toward the corridor the last guard had disappeared down, hunting down the prisoner. He took a deep breath and let it out again before he rushed after them, through the corridor.
He may not like it, but he had a prisoner to kill, to protect his friends and fellow guards, if nothing else.

He was running as fast as he could, hoping to catch up to the other guard before the prisoner gave them any more injury. Some minute later the corridor opened up into another crossroad, he skidded to a halt in the middle of it. He turned around in a circle, listening, trying to figure out which way they went.
A moment later angry growls could be heard from the corridor to his left and he turned towards it. He sprinted down it when a pained shout echoed out, hoping it wasn't to late.

Just seconds later he could see the back of the other guard, a deep wound could be seen at the base of their tail. He growled lowly, turning toward the lioness, she would not get a chance to hurt any one else, he would make sure of it.
The lioness had been snarling and throwing herself against the wall of air that cut her of from the corridor beyond, but she whirled around and growled loudly when she sensed him.
"You!" she hissed, voice full of rage.
"If not for you I would already be out of here!" she snarled, throwing herself toward him and the other guard. He immediately leaped in front of the other guard, protecting them with his own body.
She growled at him and pounced at him, still snarling angrily. He easily dodged to the side, but whirling back toward the prisoner again, giving out his own low growl. She hissed at him before she leaped at him again, but when he dodged she didn't stop, she ran toward the now flickering wall, having seen a weakness in it.
He swallowed, uneasy, he had to do it, there was no other choice. He closed his eyes for just a second before he opened them again, turning toward the prisoner, she was going to die, one way or another.
He gathered his powers and took a deep breath, there was no going back now, it had to been done.
He took a carefully collected step forward, have fixed on the other lion, there was no going back.
She whirled around, snarling, before leaping toward him.
Breasal took a deep breath before he whirled around, swinging his tail as hard as he could, towards her face . It connected with a loud thump, and a deafening scream of pain. He turned back towards the prisoner again in time to see what was left of her eyes roll back into head, before she collapsed, dead, on the floor.
He closed his eyes, turning away, he couldn't look at her.

He didn't know how long he stood there, eyes closed, in front of body of the now dead prisoner, before the shouts of his fellow guards could be heard. He didn't acknowledge them, just stood there, unmoving, whole body numb.

"Breasal?" a soft voice filled with worry could be heard to hi left, but he ignored it, didn't react, couldn't react.
"Oh Breasal," they sighed softly.
"Come here, lets get you out of here," they pushed their head against his shoulder. He didn't opened his eyes or acknowledge them, but moved the way they wanted him too, there was no reason not to.

Everything after that was a blur, but he could vaguely remember a conversation with one of the head guards, someone explaining that the prisoner had just come to the planet, that she had escaped when they tried to put her in her cell. He didn't know how he got to the den that he has been given, but he suspected it was the same lion that had led him away from the prisoners body.
Breasal shuddered, he didn't want to remember, death may have been his element, but he had no good relationship with it. So many had died because of him, his parents, even if everyone told him it wasn't his fault, he knew if was, they died protecting him, if anything the blame was on him.

He would never forget the sight that the lioness dead body had made. Body unblemished, without a single scratch.
But face a mangled mess of burning black skin and flesh.
Pure death, on a body made for life.

Notes
- only one of the two named lions, Anil and Zera is a real lion, Anil I my own lion, Zera, the lioness I picture as his sister is not yet an actual LOC, but I hope to some time get a custom and as such make her one.
- I hope the history I have made for Breasal follows the lore of the lions, or at least don't go all to much against it, if so I would be more than willing to change the parts that doesn't work if I win him. There are some parts of the lore, like the parts about the prison guards, that is kind of vague, so I really hope I didn't make some really big mistake.
-I have Asperger's and ADD, so I do not really know well I have expressed the emotion in the stories in the form, but I hope it is at least understandable. I look at emotions and other such things differently so yeah, I hope you can understand it.
Last edited by Dragontrix on Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
━━━━┛┗━━━━━━
Text Text Text Text Text
Text Text Text Text Text
Text Text Text Text Text
Text Text Text Text Text
Text Text Text Text Text
Text Text Text Text Text
Text Text Text Text Text
Text Text Text Text Text
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
━━⦗Dralons⦘━━⦗RPWs⦘━━⦗Simas⦘━━
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 12 people.
I have received 10 gifts.
I have nuked 38 people.
I have received 12 nukes.
I have won 0 gift wars.
I have lost 0 gift wars.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Dragontrix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ahirked » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:07 pm

res  
ahki - they/he - black trans lives matter - free palestine
art by -ewie- of my werm, Pip
ahirked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Khnum-Khufu » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:18 am

Ah man, i love this design but i'm already applying for another lion (who's competition ends today). Are you allowed to apply for another lion as well? Will you get auto-cancelled if you win another lion while this competition is still going? Or does it depend on how many lions you already have (since its only for people who have 1 loc or less)?

*~*~Happy holidays!~*~*
Khnum-Khufu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:39 am

Ascendant Zenyatta wrote:Ah man, i love this design but i'm already applying for another lion (who's competition ends today). Are you allowed to apply for another lion as well? Will you get auto-cancelled if you win another lion while this competition is still going? Or does it depend on how many lions you already have (since its only for people who have 1 loc or less)?

There is a one-month cool down between adoptions, so if you win the lioness you are currently trying for, you would not be able to adopt another regular adopt until your cool-down is over. If you were to apply for this lion now(which applying for multiple lions is allowed) and win the lioness when her judging is complete, you would automatically be dropped from this contest.
I hope that makes sense??

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Khnum-Khufu » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:59 am

-Willow wrote:
Ascendant Zenyatta wrote:Ah man, i love this design but i'm already applying for another lion (who's competition ends today). Are you allowed to apply for another lion as well? Will you get auto-cancelled if you win another lion while this competition is still going? Or does it depend on how many lions you already have (since its only for people who have 1 loc or less)?

There is a one-month cool down between adoptions, so if you win the lioness you are currently trying for, you would not be able to adopt another regular adopt until your cool-down is over. If you were to apply for this lion now(which applying for multiple lions is allowed) and win the lioness when her judging is complete, you would automatically be dropped from this contest.
I hope that makes sense??

It does, thank you!

I see that the competition for the lioness i'm trying for has been extended, so i don't know if i will win yet. I suppose i will try for this one as well, in case i dont win the lioness. when does this competition end?

*~*~Happy holidays!~*~*
Khnum-Khufu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me