Lions of the Cosmos Adopt #006 - WINNER! by starry--knight

Based on Click to view
Artist starry--knight [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
40 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Lions of the Cosmos Adopt #006 - WINNER!

Postby starry--knight » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Lions of the Cosmos Civil War
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    || Species Info || Archives || Nursery || Fan Club|| Customs ||
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    This is adopt #6 of Version 5 of L.O.C! To be eligible to adopt you must mark the main thread, and fill out the form below! Effort on forms is required. This community is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply :c

Code: Select all
    [b]Username: [/b]
    [b]Name: [/b]
    [b]Gender: Female[/b]
    [b]Age: [/b]
    [b]Element:[/b] Light and Life (feel free to elaborate on what they can do with this element, or their favorite move to use)
    [b]Rank Desired:[/b] Healer
    [b]Personality:[/b]
    [b]History or Short Story:[/b] (This loc is powerful, as seen by the glow from the eyes, horns and tail. Her glow however seems to pulse almost like lightning. Tell me why this helps her with her duties as a healer, or what significance it has to her gifts /does she have a physical problem like a heart murmur that makes her energy not be constant? )
    [b]Art: [/b]

THIS IS AN IMPRESS ME CONTEST! Since this gal has many edits she will be a bit harder to achieve. I am looking for the most thought out forms. A runner up may be gifted! <33 Good luck!

Helpful links to assist you in your forms!
    Element info
    L.O.C. age, diet, etc.
    Rank
    Landscape

End Date: July 30th, 2015
Last edited by starry--knight on Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lions of the Cosmos Adopt #006 - OPEN

Postby keiikue » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:51 pm

Username:
Name:
Element: Light (feel free to elaborate on what they can do with this element, or their favorite move to use)
Rank Desired: Healer
Personality:
History or Short Story: (This loc is powerful, as seen by the glow from the eyes, horns and tail. Her glow however seems to pulse almost like lightning. Tell me why this helps her with her duties as a healer, or what significance it has to her gifts /does she have a physical problem like a heart murmur that makes her energy not be constant? )
Art:

resss
i used to be quoid
Imagehit me up if u wanna talk about stuff
looking to get into somethingImage
keiikue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Inara: The broken light

Postby chromatic. » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:53 pm

Last edited by chromatic. on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

Easy to find what's wrong, Harder to find what's right.

.I've changed for the better worst.
chromatic.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARANDA » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:08 pm

Dropping out, no longer feeling the connection with her.
Last edited by NARANDA on Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chars For Sale | Seeking Art & Design Stuff | My Toyhou.se | My Deviantart
Sig Art (Above) by InuImori | Avatar by aalbli (DA)
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| ⋆ | help me follow the light.

Postby demonthief. » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:27 pm

username: demonthief.
name: Elora
name meaning: hebrew:
God is light.
rank desired: healer
favourite song:
To The Sky- Owl City

"help me turn back time"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
element: Light and Life
Both are essential as her desired rank
as healer. As a lion that is unable to
see others is pain, Elora is drawn to
those in pain, healing those who are
sick, injured or dying. She enjoys that
her gift can save those who teeter so
close to death's door and can bring t
hem back to their family. Light dance
s over her horns and tail which she us
es to illuminate dark spaces, especially
when she is healing someone in the mid
dle of the night. Her favourite move is
to create a ball of light that rolls acro
ss the ground which draws her victim
in closer before causing the ball to burst.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

PERSONALITY
Elora is a sweet tempered and soft spoken lioness who prefers to stay in the
shadows than in the spotlight. While her job faces her with much praise and
thanks, as Elora is rather humble, the only thing she cares about is that those
around her get better under her care. She will work until she has nothing left
to give and will go for hours without any breaks because she just so focused on
what needs to be done, unable to leave something half finished or in pain.
Don't underestimate her because of her sweet and caring nature because she
has very strong maternal instincts and will become unpredictably dangerous
if your dare to touch a hair on anyone close to her, that being either her pat
ients, cubs (especially cubs) or friends. Other than that this lioness is very c
alm and collected when faced with stress that she seems to be exposed to
on a regular basis. While most would speculate that Elora is a daydreamer,
she is the opposite. She is actually rather practical and logical, using unorth
odox solutions to problems. The lioness however has an extreme fascination
with birds that she simply can't explain. Elora does not like conflict but does
have strong opinions, so she tries to approach them with a touch of delicacy
as to not start conflict with others. Often her empathy and desire to connect
to someone is what drives her to help others and always tends to try and un
derstand the emotions and the meanings of others and if they seemed unlike
themselves, Elora will go out of her way to make them feel better. She readily
throws herself into potentially dangerous situations if it’s to protect the
ones she loves but often blames herself if things go wrong.

Image ⋆ ⋆
| ⋆ |Image
ImageImage from here.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HISTORY
Like most other LOC's Elora was born in large mountainous regions
where lions have been living for generations. Her father was a hea
ler,not a famous one but he did his job well and was also how he
met Elora's mother, Maya.The lioness was born in the part of the
planet called the Oasis, gifted with the rare power of lightning co
mbined with having control over light. That is the reason for the ra
ys of energy around Elora. But like most who possess such a gift, it
was hard to control and so it lead her having to visit Elora's father
many times to either patch herself up or someone she accidentally
hurt. So when Elora was born and her mother saw the waves of en
ergy coming off her new cub, she was heartbroken, thinking that
she had passed on such a burden onto her child.Elora's father how
ever was a sensible and kind soul, convincing her mother to stay
positive until Elora grew older and would develop her power/s
fully but agreed to his mate's wishes in that this would be
their only cub. Elora grew up quickly and enjoyed the walks
down to the grassy plains with her mother and watching her
father work. However Elora was more powerful than the pa
rents could understand or for her body to handle. Elora's
muscles twitch uncontrollably when she is full of adrenaline /
excited and the ball of light above her head disappears when
she is tired. At the age 195 her and Maya went hunting by the
mselves and saw a herd of Taxon. Quickly the pair went to
work but something went wrong, Elora has never been able to
understand what happened but something startled the herd,
causing the group to begin looking for danger. Maya tried
to go for the kill but was pierced by Taxon's tusks.The herd
began to move from the area and Elora was hit by their shar
p hooves and blacked out. As she woke, see saw her father
by her mother's side, called by one of the scouts who saw t
he herd moving and thought something was wrong. Maya was
going to be alright but walked with a limp for the rest of her
life. Elora has never forgiven herself for what might of happe
ned if her father didn't come and spent more time than ever
with her father to become the best healer she could. As she
is powerful, she is able to heal more fatal wounds more quic
kly but this leads to her getting the shakes and her lights
dimming if she does too many in one go but tries to heal as
many as she could, regardless of her tired body and hopes
to follow in her father's pawprints and have Maya's strength.

art by SoulfireWolf, Bananer and Hopeful.

Last edited by demonthief. on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 10 times in total.
demonthief.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whisky » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:33 pm

╔══════════╗

---------------
T H E ---B A S I C S ---
Username;; whisky---------------
Name;; Avril------------------------
Gender;; Female.------------------
Pronouns;; She/her/hers.-------
Age;; 503----------------------------
Element;; Light and Life.--------
Rank;; Head Healer---------------

╚══════════╝
-

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

W H A T---A B O U T---T H O S E---P O W E R S---OF---Y O U R S ? --------

"A lion with the gift of light can: Illuminate dark places, blind foes, create distractions, create balls of energy.
    A lion with the gift of life can: Bring life back to anything they touch, heal the dying, sick or injured, can increase strength of others by touching them."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------quoted respectfully from the L.O.C. Website.
    "Healers are lions who have a gift over Life. These lions help heal the wounded or even fatally sick. These Healers go non-stop and are constantly being bombarded with Lions in need of assistance. However, they have a very important role and will sometimes be found out on the battlefields."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------quoted respectfully from the L.O.C. Website.
    "The Head Healer is the strongest and wisest of the healers. They help train and assist other healers if a situation calls for it. The Head Healer never travels off planet to the battlefield and remains on the home world to focus on learning new techniques and pushing the limits of a healers power."

Being a healer is something she takes very seriously, although it leaves her mentally drained and tired at the end of the day. It's no longer possible to see her out in the battle fields, but she used to spend every second during battle out there. She felt useful and. She used to be a Healer (In which here she did spend a lot of time on the battle field), but due to her age, she's developed early arthritis and spends most of her days trying to come up with new techniques and pushing the limits of a healers power to the maximum. Even given her slightly-older age and arthritis, she still has many more years to go and utilizes her powers to help others to the best of her ability.

(This paragraph pertains to when she was a Healer and allowed to go. Although nowadays she's completely forbidden to go, as she's been to the battle fields far enough an needs to focus on her duties as a Head Healer now. Especially now that Arthritis has set in. I just thought it'd be nice to write about what it was like for her in the battlefields.)
    Although her powers are strong, they're only strong for so long. After awhile, she needs to have a period of rest or else she will collapse from exhaustion. During such a time, her muscles will tighten and her glow will be nothing more than a very faint, slow pulsing light until her energy recovers. The upside? It doesn't take too long to recover. It takes 20 minutes to fully recover and while this may seem like a downside in battle, it's really not all that bad. She has developed a method where she'll heal an L.O.C., then attack an enemy, and so on. Although this may not seem that effective, it's more effective then you'd think. In the battlefield she uses her horns to her advantage the most. When not healing an injured L.O.C., she'll bulldozer into an enemy's side while they're distracted with one of her fellow pride members, then dash away to help/search for another injured member in need. She prefers to find an L.O.C. already engaged in battle with a fellow enemy then jump in and use her horns to her upmost advantage point. If needed to help protect the other L.O.C she'll use her power of light (Which uses significantly less energy than life, but does not make her powers anymore less effective) to stun, temporarily blind or even distract them by making little balls of energy appear from the side to make them think a third L.O.C. is involved. This usually causes the enemy to look for the third frantically while trying to keep their eyes on the two opponents in front of them. It is said Healers can bring back the dead, and while this is true for Avril, it's also a very long process for her. She's never witnessed another Healer bring back the dead, but she knows that for her personally it's a long, tedious process that takes a minimum of four hours. At the end of this, her powers are so drained that she is forced to rest for at least two hours before resuming with her normal duties. While she sadly cannot be used to revive a L.O.C. on the battle fields, se at least has a piece of mind knowing she can help their wounds.

You're probably wondering exactly how she's so powerful then, right? Well, she can shoot large quantities of light into the sky, and to us earthlings, it'd look like a comet, but to a L.O.C. cub, it's the coolest thing ever. Especially when it comes to Granny Avril! That's right. When this lady isn't busy with her Healer duties, she's hanging out with the cubs, and honestly, she's a ton of fun! She enjoys hanging out with them, and their favorite thing about her is other than her awesome night time stories, her light powers are enjoyable. She can make balls of energy that the cubs enjoy chasing around before they disappear. But.. what's so great about her stories you ask? Well, it's going to have to be that she can show stories through her light, too. She can project light in front of her (no more than a few feet, though.) and show images corresponding with the story she's telling. They're not exactly high quality, but they're decent enough to make out images at least! Her title of being 'powerful' mostly just comes from the cubs, but she does seem to have a quirky talent that hasen't been mentioned- and that'd be her energy surge.

The exact cause of her 'pulsing' light hasen't yet been pin pointed, however it doesn't seem to harm her negatively. She is, though, sensitive to sound, and her light will flicker on and off rapidly when a god-awful noise is heard. It seems to be brighter the more she soaks up the sun's rays, and this may have something to so with the small sun-like energy ball that hovers just above her horns. This sun gives her the ability to pull light energy from others, but only miniscule amounts. You'd be surprised what all she can do with such little amount of light, though! You can hear a very faint sound coming from the energy, like a light buzzing vibration. 'Vwmm, vwmm, vwmm,' and her light does flicker very slightly, naturally. If you were to touch it, it feels like a warm string of air twirling around her horns and tail spikes, and doesn't cause any harm other than maybe the occasional giggling from a curious cub.
♚ ________________________________________________________________________ ♚
H O W ' S---T H A T---P E R S O N A L I T Y ?--------

Avril has developed traits of independence and positivity. Her desire to assume a leadership role where she can organize projects and be responsible for the systematic flow of work is highly desired. She's very matter-of-fact, materialistic, and practical, but extremely capable, efficient, self-confident, and decisive. She will not tolerate dominance by others unless there is a mutual respect between the two, nor does she appreciate having her independence curtailed. Being organized is important to her and she would expect this same quality from others who work with her as well. She could be demanding and shrewd in conflictual manners. To be successful, to have a good standard of living, and to be a good healer are all important to Avril, and is a reflection of her ambitious, and aggressive qualities. She is quite strong-willed, and doesn't readily change her opinions. It is difficult for her to bend her will to others. Misunderstanding with others have occurred when they have regarded Avril to be forceful, unsympathetic, and self-centered. She tends to be focused on whatever she is doing and remains undaunted by obstacles. She uses originality and ingenuity to accomplish her projects and my my, does she enjoy a challenge!

She is very matter-of-fact and candid in her expression, and it isn't easy for her to express emotional sentiments and compliments that mean so much to sensitive, idealistic L.O.Cs. It makes Avril feel awkward and embarrassed. She knows what is expected, but the words do not come easily. She tries to avoid those situations and thus the impression is left with others that she seems too prosaic and unfeeling. It's uncommon for others to feel intimidated by her since most view her as the 'old lady whom sits on the porch yelling to get off her lawn.' Obviously, not literally, although she does tend to give off the vibe of it. She often thinks about how she can promote the talents of others. She's loyal in friendships, not easily influenced by the opinions or actions of others, and are dependable and unchangeable once she's reached her decisions and committed herself. She does not tend to have a temperamental nature though, and can handle a great deal of responsibility.

Tension and stress will affect the senses of her eyes; headaches, sinus problems, or generative troubles could also arise. Avril has an appreciation for achievement and are focused on creating success and a high standard of social structure. She has the tendency to be blunt and straight-to-the point can be a source of friction at times. She has the desire for association and understanding from others, but create much aloneness in her life. She is taken among people who tend to be introverted and with whom she feels a lack of congeniality. Even though she's very social and believes in 'the more friends the merrier,' she may experience many misunderstandings through breakdowns in communication. While she likes to think she isn't too old, and has a good 98 or so years left, others just see her as an elderly L.O.C. that's extremely cranky with mood swings. Truth be told, she does often experience disturbing thoughts and feelings that she cannot fully control, and this is something she struggles with greatly. Especially because some lions look at her as if she's not just an old lady, but a crazy old lady.

Her plans and ambitions are undermined by an element of confusion in her affairs that never allow her to realize complete success in business or personal undertakings. She may find comparative success, but not the fulfilment of her expectations.

While 'Granny Avril' is not only sociable, she also gives a peaceful, home-loving nature vibe and has a deep love of children. She is refined, sensitive, and romantic, but is inclined to procrastinate and dream. She has an understanding, compassionate nature, and feels her responsibility to others to the point that she worries far too much about things she cannot control. Being so very sensitive, Avril has a hard time coping with too much stress. She desires to help people, of course, but this desire could be her downfall as she has neither the self-confidence nor the stamina to be burdened with problems of great magnitude. (Which is why she takes her duty as a Head Healer very, very serious, but often has to take breaks to cool off.) She has probably already realized that she is inclined to take on too many responsibilities for others a well. However, doing for others is her way of showing affection and friendship. "Don't worry, i'll get that for you!" or "No, it's alright! Let me help you." are very common things you'll hear from her quite frequently. She does although, experience many isolated circumstances where she experiences much loneliness and sensitivity. It is difficult to achieve complete fulfilment of her goals and ambitions. Her success in her life is limited as she is often overlooked when new opportunities arise because she doesn't have a 'easy-flow of communication with others.' Even in a crowd, she may feel left out and misunderstood. Avril may find solace on her own by taking time to walk around for awhile or even go visit her main source of happiness- the cubs.

Y O U---H A V E---A---H I S T O R Y , ---D O N ' T---Y O U ?--------

** Scratchy's L.O.C., Anastasia does appear in this story. She rightfully belongs to Scratchy, don't fret! I have permission to use her. <3 **

x
x
x

- by Scratchy bae <3
Avril lay on her side, breathing deeply and smiling as she pawed the cub in front of her. "Granny Avril!" She laughed and shook her head, "Dear child. We just played tag, what else could you possibly want?" The cub laughed and pounced on her eagerly. "Can you tell me a story?" Avril smiled, and nodded. "Of course. What would you like to hear?" The cub looked uncertain for a moment just before nudging Avril curiously. "Can you tell me how it was like when you were little?" Avril's eyes went blurry for a moment before she sat up and looked to the stars above her. "You're much too young, maybe when you're older." The cub rolled their eyes in dismay and told Avril goodnight while their mother was patiently calling them from afar. "Okay.. Goodnight Granny Avril." As much as she wanted to respond, her words were caught in her throat. Lodged there and unwilling to move. She was choking back her words, although she wished it was her memories. Moments later, Anastasia appeared from her usual spot among the other lions and sat beside Avril. "Hey, you alright? I over heard your conversation with the cub awhile ago. You sounded pretty upset. What's up?" The young lioness watched Avril with sympathetic eyes when she leaned on her for support. "It's okay, I'm here for you," she cooed to the now crying elder.

Truth was, even though Anastasia was her best friend, Avril still had no one to talk to. Sure, she could talk to her about how the littlest of things irritate her, or how excited she is about something, but she could never talk to her about what she felt inside. My, my was it dark inside. She carried quiet a few secrets, and wasen't sure how much longer she could hold them in..

Avril had a friend growing up, his name was Ollie. Except, he wasen't your usual run of the mill friend. He liked to push boundaries and cause trouble. Ollie also happen to be Avril's brother. The two, they were quiet the pair, and didn't look too much different from one another, ither. Avril often caught their mother's bad attitude because Ollie wasen't around to catch it. Even though he was almost always the cause of it. Sure, Avril had her fair share of mischief, but she spent most of her time begging Ollie not to do something dangerous, mean, or just extremely stupid. He would pull mean pranks on others and it appeared as if he ha made it all into some big game that no one was apart of other than he an Avril. Avril wanted no part of it, however she did accompany him on such antics. The thing about Ollie, was he was always curious about the shimmering lake and would joke that he was invincible. "Not even the lake could kill me!" he'd cry to anyone willing to listen. He said this so often, he actually started to believe it. Many members of the pride stayed far away from Ollie, believing there was something wrong with him. He wasen't like the others. He took things much too far and pushed things (and others, for that matter) to their absolute breaking point. It wasen't much of a shocker to some lions when he decided to see just how invincible he was. It started slow, he would jump off of things to see how much pain he could tolerate, test his strength by attempting to haul things much bigger than he, almost like cubs his age might possibly be curious in doing. Except he was the only one that wanted to go through with such events. He gained muscle rather quickly, but his antics only worsened, and rather rapidly. He believed he was invincible now, and tested it by walking into the lake, before his time of course. Avril remembers that day very well. He had mentioned where he was going, but paid little attention to Avril. Which was okay for her, because at this stage in life she was a bit boy-crazy. There was no denying that she had a firey crush on Ollie's best friend, Cadoc, and so when he instead of Ollie asked if she wanted to join, she was rather elated and it was hard to keep her from talking to Ollie's friend. However, things didn't remain that way for very long.

"Hush for a moment," Cadoc's eyes were transfixed on Ollie. He was at the lake's edge and was dangerously close to falling in. Avril gasped ad hollered at him loudly. "Ollie! Quit fooling around and come on! What's wrong with you?" Ollie put one paw into the lake and turned to face Cadoc and Avril one last time before just before submerging himself into the water entirely.. he smiled. "Don't worry, i'm invincible."

Her parents never blamed her for his death, but her and Cadoc were pretty much inseparable afterwards. They found comfort in one another, and she couldn't be happier to have someone to confide her feelings in. Although after a year or so, Cadoc begin to develop feelings for Avril, and they were just about the clingiest most annoying couple possible. At least until they became of age and Cadoc wanted a family. Avril did as well, she loved cubs. She had problems conceiving though, and Cadoc was tired of waiting, so he left her. She hasen't had a significant other since then for fear that they would do the same. She can conceive, it's just harder for her than for normal lions, and this is something she's yet to cope with. With her brother she can at least go to the lake when she's feeling down and out and talk to him, but she sees cubs everyday and prays for her own. Perhaps someday she'll find the right lion who has enough patience to ithier adopt or attempt to conceive, but for now, she's on her own..

"Avril, are you okay?" Avril swivled around to meet Anastasia's eye and smiled. "Yeah, i'm fine. Just thinking is all. I'm glad to have a friend like you that cares." Anastasia laughed, "I try! You're one of my best friend's." Avril smiled slightly and her brows knitted together as she spoke carefully. "Would you care to hear a story about a cub who thought he was invincible?" Anastasia gasped, "That's a story for little cubs. That never happened. You should know that!" Avril just smiled. "Yeah.. Just a story for little cubs."

Last edited by whisky on Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:03 am, edited 54 times in total.
Image Bae Image
I’m weak, and what’s wrong with that ? Boy oh boy I love it when I fall for that.

Please stay safe. Do you need help?
Please look at the info below? <3

7 Cups of Tea
Lifeline Crisis Chat
For Telephone support in the U.S.:
1.800.SUICIDE
(800)442-4673 .... U.S. Suicide Hotline
(877)838-2838 .... Veterans peer support line
(800)784-2432 .... Spanish speaking suicide hotline
(877)968-8454 .... teen to teen peer counseling hotline
(800)472-3457 .... Grad student hotline
(800)773-6667 .... Post partum depression hotline
International Suicide Hotlines.:
here !
Outside the U.S. site: befrienders
-------------------
by me!

whisky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Micki. » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:58 pm

X
X

Image ✦ ✦ ✦

Username: Micki.
Reason I Want it: I find her to be absolutely stunning. I've been stalking the adopt made on this new version of L.O.C.s, and when I saw her I was amazed. I 100% adore all of her fluff, and it will make drawing her much easier for me, as I'm not really adept at drawing short fur or smooth lines. I also love her horns, and that she doesn't have too many stripes. I'm also very fond of her facial markings, especially the ones on her forehead and muzzle/snout area. I like that her stripes aren't just one color, that they have a lighter color in some places, and that they are going out in kind of a circular pattern. I'll admit that I'm typically not very fond of floating balls of energy near characters, but I love this ball of energy that she has because it just seems to go with her. Aside from all of this, when I saw her I immediately had a character in mind. Her name, her personality and some of her powers came to mind very quickly, and I just fell in love with the idea of the character that I came up with.

Image ✦ ✦ ✦

Name: Nesoi
Name Meaning: the Nesoi are the primordial Greek goddesses personifying the islands.
Reason: I recall reading somewhere that these goddesses frequently wore white, and the color white is often associated with purity, life and light. I thought that small little connection to her elements was really neat, and I just really love the name and think it fits her in general.

Birthday: October 12

Her Role Among the Other Healers: Nesoi is still quite young, but she is one of the most talented healers that there is. She could easily rise very high in the ranks of healers, if only she were a bit more mature. While she is very talented at healing, Nesoi is very naive and sometimes too empathetic for her own good. She takes her job very seriously, and loves to help others, but she gets too attached to her patients which can make losing them very hard on her. She still manages to keep things light-hearted around her work environment, though, making both the other healers and their patients very thankful. Nesoi seems to have an infectious laugh and kindness that spreads to the other healers and the patients very quickly. The other healers consider her to be the cub of the group, but they all respect her talent and work ethic. With some more time, Nesoi will be ready to take on any wounds herself.

Image ✦ ✦ ✦

Elements: Light and Life
Her Powers: She has many different powers because she has two elements, including the basics that are listed as powers that light and life lions have. Nesoi can expand her energy ball into many different lion-like figures to create her own personal army made of energy. While this could be very useful in battle, she uses it to defend the wounded from further attacks and to amuse the young patients. She can also cause bright balls of energy to rain down in a form similar to hail, but this is typically is more distracting than damaging. Nesoi can create a forcefield of energy around someone that keeps them safe while simultaneously healing them. Whatever is being surrounded will be healed continuously until the forcefield is broken. However, she can only sustain four or five forcefields at the absolute maximum at this point in her life. She can also breathe life into objects that are inanimate, such as stones and feathers, which will fight to protect her and anyone else she desires. She could, for example, give life to a necklace and make it choke it's wearer (though she would likely never use this power in such a way). These objects are also used for spying on the enemy during the war and to entertain other lions and cubs. However, these objects return to their normal, inanimate state after a while. The time it takes for them to return to their original state depends on the object. Nesoi is very fond of this power, and once put on a show for a sick cub by breathing life into his favorite rocks and having them dance around. She can also release very powerful shock waves that help set bones and speed up the healing process for any injury. Her ball of light always glows, and is a source of light, but it can also expand to surround something and somehow lighten it so much that it becomes invisible to the naked eye. Nesoi has only been able to do this with smaller objects and has only recently figured out how to reverse the process, but she hopes to be able to use this to turn lions invisible to help lessen the casualties of war. However, this may prove to be impossible. Her ball of light can also focus the energy of light sources, such as the sun, into one place to start a fire, blind someone, or to concentrate more powerful healing on a smaller area for more severe wounds. The energy that pulses around her tail and horns protects her. It will pulse very rapidly when she is in danger, and it will cover her entire body from head to toe if she is on the brink of death in order to heal her. When someone touches the energy without Nesoi's permission it might reverse her ability to give strength to others and transfer some of the other lion's strength to her. The energy can also pulse at different rates depending on her feelings and emotional state.

Image ✦ ✦ ✦

Personality:
    --in a nutshell;
    hearts rate how strongly each quality is represented in her (on a scale of 1-5)
    ◘ talkative [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ vivacious [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ cheeky [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ responsible [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ opinionated [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ determined [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ intelligent [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ clever [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ eager [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ happy [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ optimistic [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ naive [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ empathetic [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ easily stressed [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ curious [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ adventurous [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ calm [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ excitable [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ protective [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ selfless [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ stubborn [♥♥♥♥♥]
    ◘ courageous [♥♥♥♥♥]

--in depth;
      Nesoi is a very happy lion. She enjoys everything about life, and loves every simple thing about it. She can be annoyingly optimistic, sometimes even dismissing facts in order to keep her optimism about her. She tends to be quite cheeky and sometimes even fiery once you know her, but in a sweet and amusing manner. She also enjoys talking, and will talk to herself if no one wants to listen. Nesoi could talk for days without tiring of it and is, in fact, likely to if you let her. Once you get her excited, she will burn through a lot of topics at a very fast pace. Which, by the way, it isn't too hard to make her excited. Despite the fact that she is somewhat easy to excite, Nesoi is not at all a very hyper or high strung lion. She is, in fact, a very calm lion that is likey to go with the flow most of the time. Even though she is calm, her actions are still very animated and lively, making her a pleasant combination of calm and vivacious. She is, however, easily stressed.

wip
Quirks:
    ◘ adores grass
      Nesoi absolutely loves the grass on the home planet of the lions. She was born in one of the unknown lands, and before making her way into the pride had never seen grass like the grass they have. It sparkles a thousand different colors and is as pretty as the constellations. She loves to roll around in the grass, and often finds it so comfortable that she likes to nap in it. Nesoi sometimes just lays down in tall grass and looks up at all of the blades of grass, imagining that she's in outer space.
    ◘ fascination with trees
      For some strange reason, she has always been very fascinated by trees. They grow so quickly, yet they are so strong and sturdy. A good tree can outlive many centuries of lions, a very curious fact to Nesoi. She loves to learn about trees, and napping in their branches has been something that she's enjoyed since she was a cub. Even plain looking trees fascinate her, in all honesty.
    ◘ hates heights
      Nesoi isn't very fond of heights at all. She hates to be up high, as she always feels like she's going to fall. However, she does love the climate of the mountains. She absolutely refuses to look off of the side of the mountain, though, as it can still cause her to panic. Where she is from is a relatively flat land, so heights are a new experience to her, and she's still kind of getting used to them.
    ◘ loves storytelling
      She loves storytelling, especially hearing stories of the history of the lions. She has always loved to hear stories, as she finds them very entertaining, and as she gets older she realizes their importance in preserving the culture of the lions. Nesoi also adores telling stories to cubs because their faces light up with joy when you tell them stories. However, she really doesn't like bad storytelling and would rather someone not tell a story if they're not going to do it "properly."
    ◘ loves maps
      Ever since she was a small cub, Nesoi has loved maps. She loves the way that they look and the way that they smell and the things they lead to. She's always been quite the adventurer, so naturally maps were a must. However, she didn't bring pre-existing maps with her on her adventures, oh no. Nesoi likes to make her own maps of places that she has been, as she feels it is more meaningful. Plus, she just finds it very enjoyable to create maps.

◘ birds
    ◘ stars
    ◘ helping others
    ◘ cold days
Dislikes:
    ◘ darkness
    ◘ death
    ◘ illness
    ◘ war
    ◘ being rude

Image ✦ ✦ ✦

All of her known family are mutineers, many of them are very high in the ranks. She doesn't associate with them, and does not share their views at all. Nesoi likes the tradition and very much wishes for it to continue on.

When she was a young cub, her light element was very apparent. She had a ball of light energy floating around her head, afterall. However, it wasn't discovered that she also had the power of life until much later on. One day she discovered a dead bird and was so distraught that she tried desperately to bring it back to life. At first it didn't work, as she had expected, but Nesoi kept trying and trying until the bird hopped up a nd flew away. She had to work very hard to be able to use her life element, and it took much concentration and energy out of her. It has gotten much easier as she's gotten older.

She came with her family from an unknown land to join the pride. She was very taken with the healers, who also had life powers like she did, and ended up siding with the pride instead of her mutineer family.

Image ✦ ✦ ✦

There it was, unfurled on a large stone.

It was a map, tinted a deep, golden and red with wine and age. The wine was, of course, from another universe visited by the pride long, long ago. She had heard many stories about the map, and there were even rumors it lead to a secret cave that served the same purpose as the arch.

This map had been here all day, tempting the lioness with it's dark ink and stained parchment. Finally, she was unable to resist.

She snatched up the map and trotted away, hoping to find out its secrets and return it before anyone noticed that it was gone. She set it down, smoothing out the creases and inspecting it closely. The ink was smudged in some places, making certain things difficult to understand. Nesoi was determined, though, even more so than normal. Finally she spotted a familiar landmark and headed off in that direction.

The grass was blowing in the wind, sparkling as gorgeous as ever. It was such a beautiful day that it made it hard to believe that a bloody war was being fought. In fact, it was such a beautiful day that it could make you forget there was anything wrong in the world. Nesoi truly loved the grass, though, and paused for a moment to appreciate it.

Before long, she was on her way again.

wip

Sorry that this form isn't finished or coded well. This is all that I had, and I didn't want to take advantage of your kindness and add to it. I hope I'll still have a shot at winning this incredible lion. Good luck judging!! c:
Last edited by Micki. on Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GressgrinAST » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:59 pm

Username: adventureswordtora
Name:
Element: Light and Life (feel free to elaborate on what they can do with this element, or their favorite move to use)
Personality:
History or Short Story: (This loc is powerful, as seen by the glow from the eyes, horns and tail. Her glow however seems to pulse almost like lightning. Tell me why this helps her with her duties as a healer, or what significance it has to her gifts /does she have a physical problem like a heart murmur that makes her energy not be constant? )
Art:
hhh res omg ;w;
████████████ █ ★ █ ████████████

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
GressgrinAST

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reseda - light and life

Postby CLUMSY » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:57 am

Username:
clumsy [Hello, my name is clumsy. I've been a member of CS for roughly 5 years, and tried for a LoC cub in Evolution. I'm excited for this opportunity, and she truly is a stunning LoC; probably the most gorgeous I have ever seen.]

Name:
Reseda [latin american, symbolizes healing]

256 years / 600 years [ a fairly experienced lioness]

Element:
light and life
["A lion with the gift of light can: Illuminate dark places, blind foes, create distractions, create balls of energy. " -LoC website]
["A lion with the gift of life can: Bring life back to anything they touch, heal the dying, sick or injured, can increase strength of others by touching them." -LoC website]
Reseda is fortunate enough to have the gift of both light and life. She always felt a stronger connection to her powers of light, illuminating and brightening everything around her. It always helps to clear her mind when she is practicing this element. Life, on the other hand, had almost always felt like a duty, a weight on her shoulders. She has very powerful healing powers, above many other healers--but greater yet is her gift with light. She can illuminate entire caverns, create shapes and creatures out of light energy, and so much more.

Rank Desired:
healer

Personality:
reserved
[slow to reveal certain emotion or opinions.]
quiet
[restrained in speech or manner.]
short fuse
[a tendency to lose one's temper quickly.]
strict
[demanding total obedience or observance; rigidly enforced.]
analytical
[ using analysis or logical reasoning.]
insecure
[not confident or assured; uncertain and anxious.]
defensive
[very anxious to challenge or avoid criticism.]
    Although it may seem like some of her personality traits clash, this is far from the truth. Everything about her personality depends on the situation. Most of the time she likes to hang back and keep to herself, thinking. She prefers not to be noticed, rather to observe than to act. When confronted openly, she snaps. She gains a sharp tongue and little patience, demanding full respect and obedience. She prefers to talk to cats on business terms only, that is, about healing. Although she is touchy in her profession [see history], that is all she cares to be bothered about. If you're looking for a friendly conversation or some company, she's not your lioness. Perhaps this stems from her defensiveness. She assumes everybody blamed her for what happened to her dear mother, a lioness loved by all. Maybe she even blames herself. Her logical side comes from her father, always kind yet strict in their training. He forced her to learn to think outside of the box, to be a problem-solver. Before the death of her mom, she was quite the leader and loved sharing her ideas with everybody. Now she pushes them to the back of her mind and watches as others take control. Although she has changed much from her old, cheerful self, she is still dedicated to her duty in the pride.

History or Short Story:
[failed to heal her mother, she didnt make it to the soul pool place, became insecure and bitter, when her light flickers it is a sign she is doubting her powers]
Reseda lived many years happily with her mother, a light lioness, and her father, a lion with the gift of life. Her mother was caring and warm, a security blanket throughout her life. She taught her the magic in the element of light, the happiness and beauty it could bring. On the other hand, her father was more strict and filled with a sense of duty. He mentored her in the skills of healing and empowering other lions. She had loved it at first, being able to bring life and make others feel better. As the training went on the joy in healing was drained from her, and she grew to hate it. Her father was on the battlefield in a great war, and fatally injured. She halted her practice in the art of life, being extremely experienced already and not being forced by her father to learn any more. When her mother wandered to the edge of the unknown lands and was attacked, Reseda was the first to find her. The elder lioness had been severely injured, and with lack of practice Reseda's power flickered. She had failed to heal her mother. Even worse, she had failed to bring her to the soul lake beside the mountains. Becoming bitter and insecure, Reseda lost her charm and optimism. She felt nobody would forgive her for failing--especially her mother. Unable to communicate with her from the lake, she had no way to tell what her mother thought of her. She fell into a deep depression, only to be saved by a kind lioness by the name of Celestine. This LoC is the only one Reseda truly trusts, feels open to, and for the most part puts up with this grumpy lioness. With the help and guidance of Celestine, she began training and fulfilling her duties to the pride as a healer. The effects of this trauma still yet haunt Reseda, limiting her powers greatly when she feels doubtful or thinks too much about her parents. This is evident by the flickering or pulsing of her glowing eyes, horns, and hail that one might compare to the pulsing of lightning.

Relations:
mother; deceased
father; deceased
siblings; none
crush; xxx
best friend; Celestine
other friends; to be decided
enemies; to be decided

Art:
[by me, when her mother dies.
I'm not very comfortable drawing gore, so her injuries are more like scars. This
took much longer than I had planned. Also I kind of just left her mother's design
blank since she's not an official LoC.
]

[by me, wiggle gif.
Can't stop drawing her ♥
]

[by laces, perspective art.
Isn't her art gorgeous? <333
]

[by me, art of her and her crush.
If somebody I know trying for him wins him
they will become mates.
]

[others:
xxx xxx
]

WORK IN PROGRESS finished! Sorry there's not too much writing, it's just not my forte.
****permission from Ang3l In Wond3rland to use Celestine in my form****
Last edited by CLUMSY on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:50 am, edited 68 times in total.
CLUMSY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me