Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Silas Runekeepers {V.2} {OPEN} by scythe.

Based on Click to view
Artist scythe. [gallery]
Time spent 9 hours, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
33 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Silas Runekeepers {V.2} {OPEN}

Postby scythe. » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:41 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
main pagearchive/bankstorenurseryartist compcustoms/transfersquests
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

xxxxx⤷ [ 𝕎ʜᴀᴛ's ᴀ 𝕊ɪʟᴀs? ]
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Silas Runekeepers, more commonly known as Silas, are a magically-inclined species in the Mustelidae family. They vary greatly in size - the smallest adult Silas are around the size of a fancy rat, while the larger specimens are more similar to a large domestic cat. Silas are considered excellent companions, especially to wizards and the like; they're sapient, social, and quite adept at magic!

Each Silas possesses two unique traits. Located most commonly in the center of the chest, the first of these is perhaps the most obvious - the giant crystal emerging from a fissure in every Silas, known as the Heart. It grows with the Silas as it ages and consumes magic from its environment. Scholars both scientific and arcane have yet to decipher exactly what the purpose of this fissure is or how a Silas can survive with what to any other creature would be a catastrophic disruption in its anatomy. The only thing anyone can say for sure is that every Silas has one, and that badly damaging or removing it kills the Silas.
The second trait each Silas possesses is a Rune. This is what ties each Silas to the magic of the land - casting is a rare trait among non-humanoid/dragonoid creatures, and a Silas's Rune is responsible for that incredible ability. Silas without a Rune or with especially small, dim, or 'broken' Runes are occasionally born, and sometimes Silas may have their rune damaged, but these Silas have very limited magical abilities if any at all.

A Silas is functionally immortal so long as its Heart remains intact, so a mage never has to worry about losing a friend to age! Even if a Silas is catastrophically wounded or falls terribly ill, they will live on - when most other creatures would die, a Silas will burst into brilliant flame, leaving behind only a shard of their Heart. The Silas will regrow from this shard, just as a normal Silas fawn would grow. This new 'reincarnation' will not possess any of the memories, knowledge, or wisdom of its past life, but barring environmental factors, it will retain the same appearance and personality. It's theorized that there are a few truly ancient Silas who, through some accident, have remembered past lives, but no one has collected enough evidence of this to say for sure.

There are still many mysteries surrounding this curious little critters, and many of them are just as eager to learn as you might be; perhaps consider taking one or two (or ten) under your wing... for science?

xxxxx⤷ [ 𝔸 𝔾ᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ 𝕊ɪʟᴀs 𝕋ʀᴀɪᴛs ]

xxxxxxxxxxstandard tier
these are the most common traits of them all; most Silas will have multiple standard traits, if they're not completely standard!
any lines included in the base are standard. standard silas will have unique runes that occupy <10% of their body area.

xxxxxxxxxxcommon tier
these are fairly common deviations from your standard Silas. A majority of adopts will have a common trait or two.
custom ears, tail, heart, or body fur, shoulder-length hair, slit pupils, small scuffs/scratches on heart, custom horns (one set), slight fur length edits

xxxxxxxxxxuncommon tier
silas with these traits will be a bit fewer and further between, with adopts only occasionally possessing them.
hair that grows past the shoulders, faint eye/heart glow, two+ sets of horns (custom or standard), rune that occupies 11-30% of total body area

xxxxxxxxxxrare tier
very few of these shy, elusive silas are seen just strolling about; take a picture while you can!
slightly damaged heart/rune, brighter eye/heart glow, sparkles, single halo, feathers, scales, alternate heart location, multiple runes, no rune

xxxxxxxxxxuncanny tier
mutated silas like these only come about by contact with an antithesis shard. for goodness's sake, be careful what you touch!
badly damaged heart/rune, translucent skin, extra eyes/ears/tails/mouths, more than four limbs/paws (max. 8), edited paws/limbs, deviant horn growth, small flightless wings, any non-flesh body part, plant growth, slime, bleeding heart syndrome

xxxxxxxxxxmythical tier
spoken about only in bard song, witnessing a mythical silas is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
internal heart, multiple hearts, flight-capable wings, gene splicing, consumation syndrome, separate/orbiting heart(s), deity-level powers

xxxxxxxxxxno tier
the traits below are considered standard, but they will only appear rarely in adopts.
heterochromia, scars*, missing limb(s)*, sclera color, tattoos, weight edits, damaged horn(s)*

*note: scars, missing limbs, and/or damaged horns can be applied to existing silas if you pm a moderator with a link to the silas and a short story as to how this damage would have come about. you will also occasionally have the option to apply them to a silas you send on a quest.
you can also change the styling of a silas's hair, provided it stays the same length/color/texture and you receive permission from the original artist.

Last edited by scythe. on Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 9 times in total.
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Silas Runekeepers ◇ Rules & Staff

Postby scythe. » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:54 am

xxxxx
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
main pagearchive/bankstorenurseryartist compcustoms/transfersquests
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

xxxxx⤷ [ 𝔾ᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ ℝᴜʟᴇs ]
these are rules that apply to the species in general; for more specific rules regarding a certain area of the species
(nursery, store, archive, etc.) you'll find them listed on the correlating page. (most of these are just common sense!)

xxxxxxxxxxthe basics
xxxxxxxxxxxxxbe nice.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxdon't start public fights; if someone here is being nasty, just report them to cs or message a silas mod.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxsilas runekeepers are a closed species. you may not make your own without a custom token.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxyou may not edit the design of an existing silas, custom or otherwise, without approval.

xxxxxxxxxxadopts & readopts
xxxxxxxxxxxxxbe respectful to artists and follow the contest rules. failure to do so will likely discount your form.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxplease do not whine, beg, or complain to or about artists or adopt winners regarding adopts. it's just rude.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxsome adopts will be free, and some will be paid. do not complain about the price artists set for their hard work.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxif you'd like to readopt your silas, please message a moderator so we can help.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxany silas may be traded for another silas or custom token, provided both parties are happy with the trade.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxyou may sell a silas for its original price plus the price of any art you commissioned for it.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxyou may not sell a silas you got for free and that you haven't commissioned art for.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxper cs rules, if selling a silas for real currency, you must conduct the transaction offsite (i.e. DA, discord, etc.)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxif selling a silas you purchased for virtual currency, you may sell it for the equivalent amount of real currency;
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx however, you must include virtual currency as a payment method in your sale. you may not sell a silas for
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx exclusively rl currency with no other payment options unless you paid rl currency for the silas/custom token
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx used to make it.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxall silas transfers of any kind must be confirmed by all involved parties on the archive update thread to be official.

xxxxxxxxxxartist rules
xxxxxxxxxxxxxartists may create as many adopts as they like in a month, so long as they're all of consistent quality.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxguest artists will have two months to create up to eight adopts of consistent quality.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxto be considered an active artist, artists must create at least one adopt a month, excepting circumstances.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxtwo guest artist adopts may have an uncommon trait; the rest should be all common and under.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxthe vast majority of public adopts created should not have rare traits.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxaround 40% of adopts should be free, with the other 60% being paid; it doesn't need to be exact, though.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxartists and guest artists can set whatever prices they like for their paid adopts.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxpaid adopts that fail to be bought within a month of posting should be raffled off for free.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxartists will be rewarded custom tokens each month depending on how many adopts were made in that month.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxguest artists will receive compensation for their work, too; check out the artist search for more info!

xxxxxxxxxxwarnings & bans
xxxxxxxxxxxxxbreaking a minor rule will result in a warning. nothing happens to you, it's just noted that you've been warned.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxwarnings will remove themselves after 6 months of no new infractions.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxif you have 3 warnings, you will receive a temporary ban. this will also happen if you break a more important rule.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxtemporary bans last anywhere from a day to several months, depending on severity and repetitiveness.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxwhile you are banned, you cannot participate in any silas-related activities.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxthis includes, but is not limited to: adopts, community spaces, community events, or trading/selling your silas.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxviolating your ban will result in a significantly lengthened ban.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxif you repeatedly violate rules with no improvement, or commit an extreme violation, you will be perma-banned.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxif you are permanently banned from the species, you must transfer your silas to another species or readopt them.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxif permabanned, a silas mod will pm you asking what you'd like to do with your silas.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxfailure to respond within one month will result in the readoption of all silas owned by the banned user.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxstaff will carry out readoptions for banned members.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxtransfers must be approved by the original artist, or in their absence, the species owner.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxif you feel you were warned/banned unfairly and would like to appeal, please pm the species owner.

xxxxx⤷ [ 𝕊ɪʟᴀs 𝕊ᴛᴀғғ ]
the people listed are here to help; don't hesitate to shoot any of us a pm! c:
xxxxxxxxxxspecies owner
xxxxxxxxxxxxxbettabee {#330403} {discord: teacupbetta #0406}
xxxxxxxxxxmoderators
xxxxxxxxxxxxxn/a
xxxxxxxxxxartists
xxxxxxxxxxxxxn/a
xxxxxxxxxxguest artists
xxxxxxxxxxxxxLoelya {until 04/01/2020}
xxxxxxxxxxxxxfashion icon {until 04/01/2020}

xxxxx⤷ [ 𝕎ᴀʀɴɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ 𝔹ᴀɴʟɪsᴛ ]

xxxxxxxxxxwarnings
xxxxxxxxxxxxxn/a, let's keep it that way!
xxxxxxxxxxtemp. bans
xxxxxxxxxxpermabanned
Last edited by scythe. on Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

res

Postby scythe. » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:00 am

quick res
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

res

Postby scythe. » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:01 am

quick res, and we're open! :D
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Silas Runekeepers {V.2} {OPEN}

Postby FluffyBirdie » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:10 pm

Mark! Glad to see this up and running again

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ₊˚ʚ꒷ ₊˚Mallow₊˚ ‧₊ » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:51 pm

markk

StayArmy
Studying to be a marine biologist
I love miraculous Ladybug, K-dramas,
photography
Anime, Manga, Nature, k-pop

Taking a hiatus from cs, only active for kalons/art
TH Kalons Art Shop ©
"Dreams come true to those who truly want them"

₊˚ʚ꒷ ₊˚Mallow₊˚ ‧₊

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cranberries » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:00 pm

mark
Commissions are open! PM for info c:
Cranberries

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gloomyghost » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:55 am

mark!

gloomy | they/them | pixel storage
inactive; don’t expect a response from me!
gloomyghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scythe. » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:57 am

just a couple quick announcements...

the first adopt on the new lines is up!

the artist search is now open!

the store has been completed and is open, though stock won't be added until I get
the customs page up and running... sometime later today or tomorrow, hopefully.
I haven't done pixel art or bbcode in YEARS y'all.... witness me!! also if anything's wonky over there lmk

lastly, the nursery has been posted, and should be completed sometime this week; it
probably won't open its doors until I can get a few more adopts up, but it sure does exist now!
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panda-Love-100 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:02 pm

Mark!
Panda-Love-100