Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Valley of kings

Postby ki-neko animura » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:41 am

Username: Ki-neko
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: Pride of Fallen Stars, or The Fallen Star Pride is a lush territory, rich with green vegetation and water. It is a small oasis that the founder stumbled upon after she was cast out of her old pride. There are a few waterfalls, large rock like formations and the area they call home is a series of caves hidden behind the large waterfall. The founder was lucky to have found this place and though she had to chase out a few of its past occupants she managed to win and began to form her pride
Maned or not maned: not maned. Female
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Founder is a deep gradient of navy blue. Her pelt is speckled with white flecks that almost mimic stars. Her eyes are a bright yellow in contrast. (You are more than welcome to add more markings and concepts) oh Scars please!!
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Hailey. » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:55 am

Username: Hailey_Lovegrove
About their territory: At a young age her pack founder was overthrown and killed by a young male lion and any lion would know he or she have to kill any pups of the founder after all you wouldn’t want any of the the genetics of the last founder running around and risk betrayal, would you? So young Aaliyah ran away from the new leader of her old pack and decided she dose not want any cub to go what she went through and decided that she would never take over a pack and would start a pack out of the lions kicked out of packs as well as runner ways.

Maned or Not maned: Not maned

design prompts:She lives in kind of grass lands but there is a small Forest of trees just a few miles in there’s is fountain with caves and basking rock perfect for lions!

I would like warm blue eyes she has brown freckles on her face and along the legs on the side slightly and along the top of her back as well as she has not quite stripes lines with the freckles combined with the stripes her is fur tanned colour.
Last edited by .Hailey. on Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:07 am, edited 14 times in total.
.Hailey.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Runnersback » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:57 am

Username:Runnersback
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory:As the young founder had traveled far from his past pride,he had wandered through the Sahara desert for many days and nights.As he grew weary,he desperately looked for vegetation and he soon found one! He continued bounding onwards and missed a small jagged rock in front of him. As the young lion tumbled and tumbled down the vine covered rocks and crags,he stopped in front of a beautiful oasis and soft tall grass with cat tails. The oasis held stones to get across and to drink from better,he bounded across and lapped quenching his thirst and the thirst of exploration.He continued on through the jungle foliage finding a massive cave and moss covered rock. He saw the tree tops of the jungle and as far out as the sahara desert he could see. Down below his paws was vast grasslands and many Marula and Boaoab trees.The grasslands held massive amounts of prey,rivers and places to roam and relax.He claimed the grasslands and the small jungle oasis for his pride he would start here.

(I’ll pretty this up in the future I’m very tired)
Maned or not maned: Maned!

Inspiration/preferences/design prompt:
I would like glowing teal eyes,a clayish red looking mane(kinda like simba’s if that helps)his fur is tan and his paws have some clayish red flecks leading up to the ankle/dew claw.Feel free to add whatever comes to your creative disire! :)
Last edited by Runnersback on Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .henloimmabirb. » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:06 am

Username: .henloimmabirb.
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory:
In front of a large rock formation facing East lies the Prides territory. Their home is kept dark during the morning hours and most of the day. Facing West of their territory is a vast and open plain, spotted with a few acacia trees and an unused path made by man. This area is where the Pride takes hunting parties to gather and hunt food for everyone else. When the day is over and the sun begins to set, the Pride can often be found outside soaking in the evening sun before it disappears behind the mountains for the night. The Prides territory will be established between the two rock formations, dens are made using the East mountain as they discover it to be a lot more stable than the West mountain. Though prey will not be hard to find, water will be. The Pride will set up troops to go out and fetch water for the young cubs and elders who cannot make the long journey from home.
The Pride achieved this territory from a deadly Mamba. Every other animal anywhere near the East mountains avoids the area because of tales of a large Mamba who was unable to be chased away or defeated. However, the Pride doesn't plan to take the mountain by force, instead they come up with a plan to block up any remaining holes that would allow sunlight to enter so the snake would grow very cold. And sure enough it did work! The deadly Mamba emerged and left the mountain as he was unable to move the stones which blocked the sunlight. Once the snake was gone, the Pride settled in and claimed the territory as their new home. As of now, they only have to defend their youngest and oldest members from scavenging jackals and hyenas. But they also know that one day the deadly Mamba might return to their home seeking revenge on those who chased him out. They are always on the lookout for him, and this time will be ready to defend their home.

Maned or not maned: Maned
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Territory 1 | Territory 2 | insp. Lion color 1 | insp. Lion markings 2
Be as creative as your heart desires! <3 c:
Henlo!! :D I am Birb! Image

PokeFarm Q

Art Fight
Sketch Shop | Character Shop
Discord: ScribbleRibbon#1282
ImageImage
ImageImage
.henloimmabirb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby endless shelter;; » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:08 am

Username: endless shelter;;
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: A dense forest, rocky and changing with the climate, yet the centre of the territory leads to sparser woods, where the pride settles in.
The territory itself is full of a variety of plant life, the trees adapted to handle to higher temperatures whilst keeping their lush leaves and deep colours. Though the temperatures may be higher than average, when it comes to the colder seasons, it easily reaches below freezing and further. The region being mountainous caused the lion to claim the land as their own to not only work on strength, but wit to outsmart their competitors, and a bit of luck. (this is gonna have a bunch of folklore and magical stuff later on c:)
Maned or not maned: not maned please!
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: beep boop honestly go wild tbh, scarring is also neat!
x
SILVER for monsters...
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
x- hello! i'm endless shelter;; i do happen to
x- be a lil inactive on here, but i do still exist!
x- slavic mythology, vampires, the witcher, and
x- my ocs are my current interests!
x-
x-
x- saff/ronnie - she/her - aro-ace
x- toyhouse - kalons

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
xx... STEEL for humans.
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vacant » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:29 am

Username: corvidous
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: This pride’s territory will be within a gorge like formation carved out by a deep, still surfaced river that cut through soft sandstone over thousands of years. The gorge is called the Snake Pit, and is flanked by gagged Stone peaks that have lush and dense growth between them. Collectively, the area is referred to as the Needle Scales. The founder of the pride discovered this area while wandering away from their original pride, and due to their secretive and defensive nature, they found this jagged and defensible landscape perfect for a new pride under their leadership. The natural formations serve well for defense, but may fare poorly for food during extreme years where the herds do not pass through to other water sources.
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Boelen’s python - here
Vacant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:50 am

Username: RupturedRaptor
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory:
The fire lands include a range of habitats, all with one thing in common; the wildfires the territory experiences. A lot of the fire lands consists of dry shrublands and dry grasslands as its wedged inbetween desert and a jungle.

The territory begins South, on the edge of the desertlands. The pride king/leader Ozmore started off with small pride of 3 males, a group who reluctantly banded together for survival purpouses after being exiled from their different prides. The rivalry between Ozmore and one of the other more dominant males was fierce, eventually causing the group to split and go their separate ways. During this event Ozmore managed to claim a small spot of territory at the border area between the desert and shrublands. He pushed the rival males further back into the desert, claiming otherwise unoccupied desert territory as he went. Ozmore currently owns approximately 10 miles, although there is potentially room for expansion in that area. This desert territory includes a small area he calls the rocklands, its basically just a very large rock that was partially exposed some time ago. He owns the entire rock and he's rather proud of that accomplishment. It's a few metres above the normal ground level in the area, but the climb isn't too difficult. The desert area, especially the rocklands are a key area to survival, as its an area wildfires cannot reach. There are smaller rocks throughout the fire lands and beyond, but nothing is as safe (in wise of not being burnt to death) as rockland.

Away from the desert area is a mix of dry shrublands and grasslands (with grasses of various lengths) called the drylands. There are few trees, a mix of young trees and older mature ones. The only trees that survive long enough are more fire resistant species. Ozmore owns a decent stretch of the dryland, mostly obtained through strategic measures involving moving large branches and logs whilst they're set on fire in order to cut off an eliminate competition. He's learnt to use the wildfires to his advantages by picking off burning material and moving it to areas that aren't on fire yet in order to surround areas. This has allowed him to continue to claim territory (and also defend it to a decent level, although it doesn't always work, causing him to flee for the rocklands instead).

At the North end of Ozmore's territory is a small woodland that eventually mixes with a large jungle on a slope (the slope is a mountain, it gets steeper the further you go up). With his current territory Ozmore can only just reach the very edge of the jungle (the area where it's mixing in with the woodland). He calls the small woodland and the jungle the treelands. He has hopes of conquering the treelands but there's a lot of competition there, and its all competition he can't deter (or kill off) by strategically using the fires, since this area is less prone to catching on fire compared to the rest of his territory.

North East in the drylands is a river. He only controls a small part of the river, but its enough to drink from and hunt when prey are migrating. There's potential for cutting off prey as it crosses over the river, but to do so he's need a few individuals to help him. Territory by the river is difficult to fight for and he only owns a tiny bit of land on the opposite side (the East side) of the river. There are rival prides he hasn't managed to move using fire on that side and crossing is often too dangerous alone. On the West side of the river he owns a decent stretch, altough nothing too impressive, its just part of what he claimed after a more recent wildfire.

Towards the west is a seemingly never ending drylands. The drylands actually go further up north, its just that Ozmore is unaware of this as he's claimed territory in an area where the gap between the jungle and desert is the closest together that any other location. Most of that area is untouched by Ozmore, at least for now.

Wildfires are the most common time that Ozmore gains new territoy. Wildfires are very common (at least in the dry grasslands and dry shrublands that make up the majority of his territory). Without finally forming a pride with other members besides himself it's impossible for Ozmore to gain any more territory and actually defend it. The thing is, instead of fighting a male and taking over a pride Ozmore is too afraid to fight other lions and would rather just try to trap them in a fire. This either causes them to flee and loose a chunk of their territory or die in the process of trying to escape.

A very dark brown mane (nearing black but not quite that dark). A coat to that's an oddly darker version of a natural lion's coat (maybe a little darker than this lion? like dark but not too dark, if that makes sense).

The could could be darker towards the top of his back, forming a single darker stripe (a stripe lighter than his mane but darker than the rest of his coat) that starts at his nose and runs all the way down his back and his tail (if the tail could entirely be the color of the dark stripe that would be great). The stripe could be is a solid stripe down his back or done more as a gradient, i don't mind.

In general i'd like his design to remain simple, plain and dark. im so sorry that's probably not very interesting to design, i just really want a plain design that's easy to draw.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixbane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:01 am

All are done up to this point (I am taking a little break from them for the moment tho so ill be back to new ones posted in a while,,)

Lieutenant sparks
byyrde
The Pirate
Alckatraz
Pokeykat1
22tabby
ki-neko animura
Hailey_Lovegrove
runnersback
.henloimmabirb.
endless shelter;;
corvidous
RupturedRaptor
Last edited by Sixbane on Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cactologist » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:18 am

Username: Cactologist
He never was one to play by the rules, so before he had even reached adulthood, he had set out on his own, confident that he'd be better alone and that he didn't need help from anyone. Of course, months passed and he stayed in solitude, making him cold and desperate and losing all of the connection to other lions he once had. On the brink of madness, he stumbled into a barren shale canyon, devoid of all life. Behind him, the grassland stretched for miles, as far as the eye could see. Ahead of him, though, symbolized his new life, dead with protection from whatever life would throw at him. Indeed, the steep sides where so tall that they could protect him from just about all natural forces. Also, any animals that stumbled in would provide him with food, as nothing could climb up the slick vertical walls. Further in, splits in the walls and fallen rocks provided him with a maze of dens, where he could spend his life in solitude (if only it was that easy). A trickle of fresh spring water runs down a small crevice it created, giving him water without leaving. Even as he explored, a lost rabbit scuttled in, and he had his first meal and first bones to mark his superiority. This was the perfect place.
Personality: As stated before, he is cold, heartless, a little mad, and wants nothing to do with other lions' nonsense. He is also hotheaded, a know-it-all, and won't take "no" for an answer.
Markings: I would prefer him being only grey-scale colors (whites, greys, blacks) with a darker base and lighter stripes and spots (maybe like reverse brindle on horses and/or dark marble designs or just designs resembling spiderwebs or speckles would be fine, too). His eyes could be any color, like red, or a shade of blue (I don't have a preference). It would love it if his mane and the end of his tail had strands of white, as if he had endured a lot of stress. Finally, any and all scars you would like to give him would also fit his story quite well!
I'm not picky about any of this, so feel free to take any artistic liberties you see fit!

Thank you so much!
Cactologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThePonyQueen » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:28 am

Username: ThePonyQueen
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: In a mountainous, cloudy region, a small river runs slowly but surely through a rocky grove. High above the Savannah, there is quiet. With such a rocky terrain few plants can grow, only the hardiest shrubs or the most precariously balanced trees have made this outcropping their home. Such an isolated and undesirable location was the perfect place to begin her pride, the tall rocks and high altitude made for perfect defense, and the river brought out colonies of rodents who lived within the stones. The mountain reached upwards for miles, with unexplored caverns that would certainly make good homes for those she would take under her wing. Here, she decided, she would build her home.
Maned or not maned: No mane
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: I was thinking maybe a Siamese pattern! maybe Y/B heterochromia (this or this) also scars are always gud :3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pony • Scorpio • Female • Ace • INTP

Link • Link • © • Link • Link

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ThePonyQueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me