Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Yarn Dogs - Announcement Pg. 4 by sparrow,,

Based on Click to view
Artist sparrow,, [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 10
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Yarn Dogs - Announcement Pg. 4

Postby sparrow,, » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:09 pm

banner by loki!

Header and Stamp Competition

main adopts | nursery | bank | archives | order station | craft store | specialties | archive update thread| item/currency trading thread | activities | badge and prize pick-up | personal archives | discord | artist search

*Updates*
updates are cleared after 2 days
updates were cleared 8/4

*To Do*

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome and Species Introduction wrote:I'm so glad you're here! I'd like to welcome you to Yarn Dog Adopts! I hope you find a little someone to bond with!

Yarn Dogs, commonly shortened to Yarns or YD, are small creatures with a resemblance to canines. Yarns are about the length of your thumb, or 4 inches. Their small size allow them to easily thread needles or get into harder places! YDs are made of matierials like plush and fabric. Each Yarn is stuffed with cotton, as well as having a "personality heart" inserted. This heart makes them who they are. Different personality hearts may include pieces like spunk, energy, or social qualities. Each Yarn is then sewed carefully, as well as a button nose sewed on.

Each Yarn has a specialty. Currently, there are 8 specialties. They include sewing, knitting, drawing, jewelry making, clothing designer, ceramics, baking and scrapbooking. When a Yarn is adopted, the owner may adds their own specialty to the Yarn. The Yarn is now bound to that specialty unless unbound using an item from the store. Yarns have a chance to grow in their specialty, making the species slightly related to an ARPG.

Yarn Dogs are unique because of the yarn ears, wings, and tails. At will, the YD can command each piece of yarn to morph into another shape, causing an infinite amount of possibilities. Each Yarn does have a default, or place where they keep their yarn when not using it. The Yarn is also unique due to the fact that it is sentient. The Yarn has the ability to learn and grow, feel pain and love, and do anything any other animal might do.

YDs do no need to eat nor sleep. Instead, they will continue on a project throughout the night and day until it is finished. Once a Yarn is interested by a project, there is no backing down. If a YD were to lose their heart, they would lose their sentient self and turn into a mere stuffed plush. Often, when a Yarn has many broken seams and patches, its not uncommon to lose their heart. The Yarn becomes void of personality, and eventually after a long enough period of time, they become unmoving stuffed plushes. Yarns also have small wings on their back that resemble something more like wing buds. These wings created out of yarn do not allow the YD to fly, but instead to glide softly.

YDs are a great choice for a partner, mostly if you are thinking of becoming a business owner selling homemade goods. Yarns are exceptionally talented in most areas of work.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

staff

► owner
comet.

► admin
echo,.

► artists
loki! [full-time]

► moderators
Noraku.

► trial staff

staff positions applications
are open.

rules

breaking of the rules will result in a strike. earn 3 strikes and you will be banned.

▸ Yarn dogs are a closed species, meaning that you may not create your own.
    ▸ Currently there is no limit to how many yarn dogs you may own.
    ▸ Yarn Dogs may be used as your fursona/rp character/etc. as long as credit to this species is linked.
    ▸ You may not alter the design of your Yarn dog in any way without the proper item.
    ▸ You may not participate in any adopts, events, or any Yarn dog related threads/activities if you have been banned.
    ▸ Do not be a sore loser if you do not win an adopt.
    ▸ No complaining or whining of any sort will be tolerated.
    ▸ You may not edit or reserve posts on FCFS adopts. You will be disqualified.
    ▸ All transactions are final.
    ▸ You may breed your Yarn Dogs once every 2 weeks. Each Yarn Dog has 3 breeding slots.
    ▸ Do not blackmail/bribe an artist to win an adopt. If I learn that this has happened, the user will be banned and the artist will be removed from their position permanently and given 2 strikes. This is very unfair to users who try on their forms.
    ▸ Do not be rude to anyone please!
    ▸ You may not create your own yarn dog. only artists and the owner has permission
    ▸ You may own unlimited yarn dogs
    ▸ Credit me and scei for the species! a.k.a. do not take credit for creating/owning this species
    ▸ You may not sell your yarn dog for any currency other than yarnballs.
    ▸ When you receive a yarn dog through purchase, a gift, or a trade, you are the new owner and are required to post a new ownership post in the trading thread.
    ▸ Do not steal the design of another user's yarn dog.
    ▸ If you are banned, any yarn dogs that are owned by the banned user will be re-adopted.
    ▸ I reserve the right to re-possess any yarn dog for any reason.
    New 7/3/19 ▸ If you have not signed up for a specialty yet, you may only own a maximum of 3 yarn dogs and 3 items. Once you sign up for a specialty, you will automatically be allowed to own/have more adopts and items.

strikes

none at the moment.

bans

none at the moment
    ---

You might be wondering why Yarn Dogs is officially opening in August. As you should all know, I bought this species from the wonderful Scei! Heck, I payed $30. But of course, I haven't actually payed it yet. My birthday is in August and I have been promised to receive a visa card. The payment has to be sent in August! Me and Scei set up some rules, such as no creating adopts, customs, or anything really on the lines that can be adopted, until I have payed in full! I was allowed to begin creating the threads and things though!! So yeah, now you know owo

---

Do you have any questions, comments, or concerns? PM me, an admin, or a moderator! We are all happy to help!

rarity system
the full thread with explanations and examples can be found [url=link]here![/url]
---

standard traits

✦ plastic button nose
✦ yarn ears, wings, and tail
✦ pre-made yarn positions
✦ custom personality heart
✦ plush material
✦ short/default hair (stays above the jawline when wet)
✦ one specialty
✦ custom expression
✦ custom pupil

common traits

• small rip/tear in material
• wool material
• custom yarn position
• long hair (goes below the jawline when wet)
• manes
• plastic fangs

uncommon

✢ fabric material
✢ plastic claws
✢ sound button [located in paw]
✢ extra fur (tufts)
✢ patches
✢ custom colored tongue tag
✢ bath tub mutation (plastic material, squirts water, squeaky sound)

rare

∎ custom wings
∎ silk material
∎ big tear/rip
∎ wooden/metal button nose
∎ loose pieces (nose, eyes, etc.)
∎ custom tag shape
∎ extra ear set
∎ double-tail
∎ height edits (munchkinism or reverse munchkinism)
∎ extra eyes (up to 6 total)
∎ halo(s) - up to 4

legendary

★ loss of material just cotton filling, up to half-way missing)
★ missing button
★ missing eye/eyes
★ missing limb/limbs
★ torn/mangled tag
★ custom material
★ extra head
★ 2 specialties
★ plastic horns
★ gem growth
★ drippy liquid
★ extra limbs
★ transparency
★ color changing eyes/fur/or yarn

Giftlines
--
giftlines created by wonderful artists will be shown here! remember, you cannot use giftlines if you do not own a yarn dog!!

x x x x

Affiliates

if you'd like to become an affiliate of yarn dogs, PM me!!

Stamps

If you have created a stamp, please let me know and I'll add it here! Advertise our species by adding stamps to your signature c:

created by comet.

Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4106745][img]https://i.imgur.com/dEvuhWe.gif[/img][/url]

created by comet.

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4106745&hilit=yarn][img]https://i.imgur.com/8HjGMWt.gif[/img][/url]

yarn dogs is a work in progress! this species will be officially opened in august! in the meantime, feel free to mark! c:
Last edited by sparrow,, on Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:46 am, edited 78 times in total.
sparrow,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Receipt and Examples

Postby sparrow,, » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:10 pm

Each yarn dog will come with a receipt. These receipts include edits and notes.

A receipt is required when breeding to show edits and breeding notes.

You do not need to get a receipt approved if you are making an artist entry!!

The slash (/) means that those are the only options

Yarn Dog # and really anything else wrote:
▸ Yarn Dog Name:
▸ Adopt/Custom/Nursery Batch: whichever this is, put that, lmao
▸ Yarn Dog Breeding Gender:
▸ Ears: Ear Type (gsd, flopped, etc.) and Hex code (If default, just say default. It the yarn ears were changed, this is CUSTOM yarn)
▸ Tail: Tail Type (shibe, fluffy, etc.) and Hex code (If default, just say default. It the yarn tail was changed, this is CUSTOM yarn)
▸ Wings: Wingbuds (S)/Custom Wings (L)
▸ Eyes: Eye Color and Hex code
▸ Material Type:
▸ Edits: If Applicable (State Rarity For Each One)
▸ Breeding Notes:

▸ This receipt has been approved by: must be a member of the staff

Code for receipt wrote:
[quote="Yarn Dog # and really anything else"]

[b]▸ Yarn Dog Name: [/b]
[b]▸ Adopt/Custom/Nursery Batch: [/b] whichever this is, put that, lmao
[b]▸ Yarn Dog Breeding Gender: [/b]
[b]▸ Ears: [/b]Ear Type (gsd, flopped, etc.) and Hex code (If default, just say default. It the yarn ears were changed, this is CUSTOM yarn)
[b]▸ Tail: [/b]Tail Type (shibe, fluffy, etc.) and Hex code (If default, just say default. It the yarn ears were changed, this is CUSTOM yarn)
[b]▸ Wings: [/b]Wingbuds (S)/Custom Wings (L)
[b]▸ Eyes:[/b] Eye Color and Hex code
[b]▸ Material Type: [/b]
[b]▸ Edits:[/b] If Applicable (State Rarity For Each One)
[b]▸ Breeding Notes:[/b]

[b]▸ This receipt has been approved by:[/b] must be a member of the staff[/quote]

Receipts may be approved by the artist making the adopt. A user creating a custom for themselves must get approval from staff. No need to get receipt approval for artist searches.

---

if an artist/user has a problem with a receipt, contact lucifer,

if you have any questions about the edits on the receipt, rarities, or just about anything in general, please do not hesitate to pm either me, an admin, or a moderator! all of us would be glad to help someone out!

* notes would be breeding notes and such. like for example, a sound button's sound wouldn't pass (it is custom sound), so you would put that on the notes section. another example is a small tear/rip. these do not have to be exactly where they are on the parent. the tear/rip on the receipt is located on the leg (as you can see from the arrow pointing to the word leg). the children do not necessarily need the tear/rip to be there. it could be located somewhere else, but it has to look similar. you would add that note on the note section as well.
Last edited by sparrow,, on Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 12 times in total.
sparrow,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Yarn Dogs - marking open

Postby sparrow,, » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:10 pm

res
sparrow,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noraku. » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:11 pm

pleaseyes big markkkkk-
also if i need to del this tell me lmao-

also these are so cute omw-
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
``one day, i'll
leave you behind!``

➤ call me roku or merit!
➤ she/her and they/them
➤ pisces!
➤ probably obsessed with
blue exorcist, the rising
of the shield hero,
the disastrous life of
saiki k and pokemon!
➤ pms are always open!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Noraku.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow,, » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:12 pm

Noraku. wrote:
pleaseyes big markkkkk-
also if i need to del this tell me lmao-

also these are so cute omw-

it's cool c;

i'm glad you like them!
sparrow,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noraku. » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:13 pm

heckkk i can't wait for when they come out in august!

gonna be so coolll-

i'm getting too excitedd-
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
``one day, i'll
leave you behind!``

➤ call me roku or merit!
➤ she/her and they/them
➤ pisces!
➤ probably obsessed with
blue exorcist, the rising
of the shield hero,
the disastrous life of