Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Meep Sheep - A cosmic ARPG - Open for marking! by swampfiend

Artist swampfiend [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Meep Sheep - A cosmic ARPG - Open for marking!

Postby swampfiend » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:31 pm

While it may be a couple days before starters & flock applications are open, Meep Sheep are now open for marking! If you would like to apply for staff, PM me! I am open to artists and/or mods.

Main Page - Rules - Getting Started - Archives - Shop - Customs/MYOs - Nursery - Discord

What Are Meep Sheep?
Meep Sheep are a spacefaring race of friendly, sheeplike aliens. Their natural capability to hold their breath for years, combined with their ability to maneuver through space, has allowed them to migrate to the furthest regions of the galaxy. They are naturally a prey animal, so Meep Sheep live in organized flocks to avoid predators.
Meep Sheep have a pretty interesting origin, because they don't have just one home planet, but two. The orbital paths of planets Ponope and Myriad-36B are so close, that for about 1 month out of the year, the poles of the planets are only 40 feet apart. The super light, fall-resistant bodies of Meep Sheep allow them to travel between Ponope and Myriad during this close period, and nobody knows which planet they lived on first.

Currently Available Meep Sheep:
None currently. Try applying for a starter if you're looking to build your Flock!

Staff:
TheSwamp - Owner, Artist, Mod
chamomile. - Artist, Mod
CowsgoHehe - Artist
Last edited by swampfiend on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey im izzie and i like drawing
they/them - lizard enthusiast

i'm in a million AP classes, so i'm not super active ^-^''
swampfiend

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Meep Sheep - Rules

Postby swampfiend » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:07 am

User Rules
Meep Sheep are a closed species.
This goes without saying, do not bully staff or other members of the community.
Please avoid mini-modding, but if you see a real issue, PM the owner (TheSwamp).
If you submit any non-adoption-entry form and it is not replied to within two days, PM the owner (TheSwamp) about it, it was likely just overlooked.
You may not change your Meep Sheep's design but may give it clothes that do not largely change the image.
You may take your Meep Sheep offsite as long as you link back to CS or provide clear credit.
You may not sell your Meep Sheep for any profit, but may gift, trade or readopt it out by notifying a mod.
Meep Sheep is an ARPG, and includes a leveling system that is detailed in the Getting Started page. Certain privileges such as breeding & owning more Meep Sheep are attained by leveling up.
IMPORTANT: Meep Sheep are an ARPG, but if you want to adopt without taking part in the ARPG activities you can. You will remain at Level 0, and cannot breed or own over 2 MS, but at 0 you can still get two starter-level Meep Sheep. ("Starter-level" Meep Sheep have either all common genes or 3/4 common genes and 1/4 uncommon; you must level up to own MS rarer than that.)
You may not adopt a Meep Sheep with a Rarity Score lower than what your level allows. If you breed a Meep Sheep with a Rarity score too high, you get to keep it.

Staff Rules
Please join the Discord if you can, and let me know it's you. There is a specific channel for staff to discuss Staff Things.
All staff must familiarize themselves with the species rules so they can avoid creating/overlooking invalid Meep Sheep.
Any staff member may opt to focus on one or two parts of their overall job, like an artist who only does breedings or a mod who only does quests. Just talk to me about it.
Mods are there to help handle shop transactions, update the bank and archives, alert artists to unseen customs/breeding forms, participate in the running of events, handle quests, approve users for leveling up, and alert the owner in any issues overlooked, but one mod does not have to do all of these things! They can focus on one or two tasks.
Artists are required to release one non-currency-related adopt every month, and should notify me if they cannot. I won't care if you explain why.
Artists may sell their designs as long as they have posted a non-currency adopt already this month.
Artists may opt to be open for starters, breeding, and customs, but are not automatically expected to do so. They may also opt to only do these things and not release regular designs.
Staff may receive one MYO/custom upon joining their position, and then another every 2 months after that. Staff customs may be received regardless of your flock's size restrictions, but if you don't technically have room for it, your custom will not be able to participate in quests/events.
Thank you for your help, staff! <3

Species Rules
Meep Sheep are a genetics-based species; their gene system can be viewed here.
A Meep Sheep's genes do not declare definitively what traits it will have, but what traits out of everything are possible.
There are four classifications of Meep Sheep genes; starter, regular, intermediate & legendary. Detailed explanations of each can be seen in the Trait Library.
Meep Sheep's anatomy is alien, and they are hermaphroditic. They can breed regardless of gender.
PPS MS exist, but cannot breed.
Last edited by swampfiend on Sat May 04, 2019 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
swampfiend

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Meep Sheep - Getting Started / Leveling

Postby swampfiend » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:24 am

New User Guide
Like most ARPGS, Meep Sheep include a home forum system, a starter system & a leveling system. Whether or not you participate in quests, events, and leveling, you must make a home forum (a Flock) for your Meep Sheep.
STEP ONE- Flock
In order to own Meep Sheep, you must set up a home forum for your sheep called a Flock. It is recommended to make it in the character storage forum on CS, for ease of access for mod approval, but using other sites is not prohibited. Your Flock may be set up in any way you want, with as much or as little flair as you want, as long as it contains this info on each of your Meep Sheep:
Name, gender, link to its page, link to its parents (if it is 2nd gen)
To get a Flock approved, post a link to the Archives homepage. If you are a COPPA user, go ahead and apply for a starter and let us know you're COPPA, and your page will be set up for you.
STEP TWO- First Meep Sheep
For your first Meep Sheep, you can either apply for a starter or adopt a MS with the "starter" rarity level (3/4 or 4/4 common genes.)
Apply for a starter at the starter page, using the forum below. You can choose which feature you'd like to be uncommon, but you don't have to.
Code: Select all
I would like to apply for a starter!
My username:
Starter Name:
Starter Gender:
Starter Genes: (optional)
Inspiration: (optional)
Preferred artist: (optional)

STEP THREE- Leveling
Your flock starts out as level zero, and by completing certain prerequisites, you can increase that level. Increasing your level lets you breed Meep Sheep without buying breeding tickets, own more Meep Sheep, and participate in higher-reward quests. To actually become a higher level, you must submit a level-up ticket to the archive homepage linking to what you've done to achieve the prerequisites.

You can level up your Flock by performing certain prerequisite actions; usually, you don't have to do all prerequisites, just some of them. When you are sure you have completed the prerequisites, post a Leveling Up forum to the archive homepage with links to proof of all of your actions. You cannot link twice to the same action.
Set up a Flock homepage to reach level 0.
Level Zero
Max amount of Meep Sheep to own: 2
Max rarity of Meep Sheep to own: Starter (3/4 or 4/4 common genes, no rare)
Cannot Breed
Cannot Quest
To level up, have at least 1 Meep Sheep & complete one of the two following actions:
Write at least 75 words about a formative moment in one of your Meep Sheep's life, then post it somewhere on CS.
Draw an important moment in one of your Meep Sheep's life, then post it somewhere on CS.
Level One
Max amount of Meep Sheep to own: 3
Max rarity of Meep Sheep to own: Regular (2/4 or more genes common, no more than 1/4 rare)
Free breeding tickets received: 1
Can now do quests if they meet the level requirement
To level up, have at least 2 Meep Sheep & complete two of the three following actions:
Complete one quest
Write at least 75 words about a quest your Meep Sheep completed (it does not have to be a real quest), then post it somewhere on CS.
Draw 2 of your Meep Sheep interacting.
Level Two
Max amount of Meep Sheep to own: 5
Max rarity of Meep Sheep to own: Regular (2/4 or more genes common, no more than 1/4 rare)
hey im izzie and i like drawing
they/them - lizard enthusiast

i'm in a million AP classes, so i'm not super active ^-^''
swampfiend

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Meep Sheep - A cosmic ARPG - Open for marking!

Postby emblo » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:18 am

mark! i love these.
emblo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me