Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Xursery || Open for marking by ~Static~

Based on Click to view
Artist ~Static~ [gallery]
Time spent 1 day, 1 hour
Drawing sessions 4
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Xursery || Open for marking

Postby ~Static~ » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:19 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Home | Artist Comp | Archive | Discord | MYO Event

Hey! I'm Valerie. I take it you've met Sam? She's my intern. We're kind of understaffed, but she
was the only person I could find who wanted to work here without a paycheck.

That's kind of beside the point, though. This is the... xurse nursery? Xursery? Yeah, we'll go with that. Uh,
this whole concept is very new. We didn't even know xurse could reproduce until one of these was born.

Right now, we're looking to get as many specimens as possible, so we've been setting this up as a
breeding program of sorts. Recently the xurse have been coming here in pairs when they want to have
children- probably because of our incubators, but we can't know for sure.

Oh- uh- hey, Valerie! Sorry I'm late.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

...It's fine, Sam.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh, sure! We haven't gotten as much information from our research as we'd hoped, yet, but we do
have some.

Xurse offspring appear to hatch from a somewhat flat, almost guitar-pick-shaped egg. To the extent
of our research, xurse have no reproductive organs; how these eggs develop prior to being laid is
currently unknown. Once they've begun to incubate, their development becomes even more vague.
The egg shell is too thick to shine a light through in order to view any embryo which may be inside,
but their recorded gestation periods are closer to that of most lizard species than to birds.

They develop somewhat quickly after they hatch, but newborns appear to look more like ukuleles than
guitars. As they grow, their skin becomes thicker and tougher, and they gain two more "strings", as
well as a protective keratin plate that resembles a guitar's pick guard.

• Xurse can breed a maximum of three times, and are not required to have the same partner
each time.
• A user must wait 1 month in between breeding any of their xurse.
• Xurse breedings can only occur between two non-related adult xurse.
• Any qualifying pair of xurse can breed; their genders don't matter at all to this.
• Ownership of the individual offspring may be given to one or both owners involved in the breeding,
or gifted to a different user. This decision must be posted on the offspring's page.
• Xurse can be aged into adults 2 months after they're born.
• Xurse can be grown by anyone, staff or not, and can be posted with a cover, but must be approved
by staff before the cover is removed.

Artist Guidelines:

• Per breeding, xurse have a 75% chance of having twins, and only a 25% chance of having a
single child. Please calculate this using a random number generator!
• Children should approximately have a cohesive blend of their parents' designs.
• The pick guard reference is important, as it lets growth artists know what color to make the adult's
pick guard. Please color it in!

Code: Select all
[b]Owner #1:[/b]
[b]Owner's last breeding:[/b]
[b]Xurse name:[/b]
[b]Link to oekaki page:[/b]
[b]Xurse's previous breedings:[/b]

[b]Owner #2:[/b]
[b]Proof of breeding agreement:[/b]
[b]Owner's last breeding:[/b]
[b]Xurse name:[/b]