Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Maren Adopts by sockwearer

Based on Click to view
Artist sockwearer [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Maren Adopts

Postby sockwearer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:32 am

What is a Maren?

A Maren is a species of wild dog generally found in marshes, swamps, bogs, grasslands, forests, and occasionally cities. They are pack-oriented, generally residing in packs of two to three, though can be found in much larger packs.
They are skilled hunters, hunting essentially anything that moves. Though primarily carnivores, they will occasionally consume berries and some plants. They can eat small amounts of poisonous berries without it affecting them, however larger amounts can kill them.
They are generally docile, however their attitude will quickly turn hostile when they feel threatened. They have the mental capacity for understanding human speech to an extent, and are good at reading the emotions and intentions of humans, similar to dogs.
Maren generally stay away from humans in the feral state, however they will rarely react negatively to them. There are quite a few Maren breeders, who have domesticated some of the creatures.
They are a fairly common animal to come across, about as common as a red fox, one of their close relatives.

Rules
1 - Maren can be any gender or sexuality, do NOT harass users about their choices of these things.
2 - Maren cannot be traded for other species and cannot be sold at this point in time.
3 - Maren can be traded for other Maren, or gifted.
4 - No blackmailing artists into winning competitions.
5 - If you think a mod or artist is acting out of line or abusing their power, please PM me.
6 - Maren are a closed species and non-staff members cannot make their own Maren unless they have a MYO ticket.
7 - You can roleplay Maren, turn them into a fursona, etc, as long as you recognize that the species is not your own.
8 - Be kind to everyone in the community, if someone is rude to you, do not fire back, just contact me or a mod.
9 - Minimodding.
10 - No editing your Maren's design besides adding accessories.

On a side note, this is my first time running a species, please PM me if you have any suggestions for the thread, or would like to design young Maren for the nursery.
Last edited by sockwearer on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
hi!! i'm jesse and i go by he/him pronouns! i love overwatch, marine biology, paleontology, drawing, writing, listening to music and playing video games so i guess pm me if you wanna talk about those things? i have anxiety so i can be awkward in pms but don't let that deter you!
my art shop! / my offsite commissions!
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Last edited by sockwearer on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
hi!! i'm jesse and i go by he/him pronouns! i love overwatch, marine biology, paleontology, drawing, writing, listening to music and playing video games so i guess pm me if you wanna talk about those things? i have anxiety so i can be awkward in pms but don't let that deter you!
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Customs & MYOs

In order to get a custom or MYO, you must pay.
For customs, each artist will have their own set price. For MYOs, you must pay me, (the owner) one rare, five uncommons, ten commons, twenty five very commons, or fifty omg-so-commons.

Artist prices;

potioncat - Three uncommons, seven commons, ten very commons, or fifteen omg-so-commons.
Last edited by sockwearer on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

res

Postby sockwearer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:33 am

extra res
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Maren Adopts

Postby sockwearer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:08 am

open for marking!
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shawty-cs » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:32 am

mark!
any designs you see of mine, that is not credited to shawty on th is STOLEN artwork.
shawty-cs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sockwearer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:18 pm

boop
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sockwearer » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:37 pm

boop

Last bumped by sockwearer on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:37 pm.
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me