Deerssert #443: Rose Garden (WINNER ON PG 2) by Tyuuu

Based on Click to view
Artist Tyuuu [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Deerssert #443: Rose Garden (WINNER ON PG 2)

Postby Tyuuu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:11 am

Species Info wrote:
WHAT IS A DEERSSERT?
Deerssert are a mystical, mythological species that appear in history every so often. Sightings grew sparser and sparser through the years, but now they've started to appear more and more. Here at the HQ, a centre dedicated to keeping these creatures from being hunted, we cannot foster them all-- and that's where you come in!

The simplest way to explain them? Deersserts are deer with a twist! While the specifics vary from deer to deer, they all have a few things in common. Deersserts have muscle, skin, fur and bone, but they are described as tasting like sweets. Their scent lingers so much that hides carry a fragrant scent even after death. Instead of fluffy tails, they have a pouf of whipped cream or ice cream [depending on the deer!] with some manner of fruit on top.

Size-wise, they're about the size of a border collie, but have been known to grow to the size of a horse in rare cirucmstances. [In even rarer circumstances, they have gotten bigger. This is the largest deerssert known.] Likewise, they are born as small as a full-grown rabbit, and some never progress past this size.

Rose Garden

🌹To Adopt This Deerssert🌹

🌹Write a story involving this deerssert and roses🌹

Code: Select all
Username:
Deer's name:
Story:

Feel free to mix up the code! I encourage any prettying up!

Good luck, the competition ends by 6/24/18
Last edited by Tyuuu on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyuuu | She/Her

Tyuuu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Deerssert #443: Rose Garden

Postby Ringo. » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:12 am

Username: purrfect Nepeta
Deer's name: Rose Bud
Story: WIP
ImageImageImageImageImage

*° *
Icon by Jay
Hi, I'm Ringo!
Pronouns are She/They/He
I am autistic
Please feel free to message me for anything! c:

*° *
TH || Soll ♥
Ringo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emball » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:19 am

um, i LOVE????!??!!?!! res
emball

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoorKarmaQueen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:31 am

Username: DoorKarmaQueen
Deer's name: Calli
Story: WIP SO HARD-
DoorKarmaQueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeyxbee » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:45 am

Username: ThatGirlLegend
Deer's name: Rosemary
Story: When Rosemary was young, she wandered off from her family on accident, when she turned to ask one of them a question, they were gone. They started to panic, not knowing what to do she ran. She ran as fast as she could until she reached a clearing, as she neared further she relaxed. Rosemary had found a field of roses, roses always calmed her, she loved them so much, she laid down in the field and thought about how to get back to her family, as she thought she grew tried and fell asleep. When she awoke, her family was there, smiling down on her. They knew to always look in the roses
Last edited by honeyxbee on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
honeyxbee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mars » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:23 am

huge res !!! ideas for my story:

- a wedding cake decorator
      - makes sugar flowers for decorations for the cakes
      - wedding disaster !! (but why? does the old cake get trashed somehow? does someone order last minute?)
      - needs to rush a cake that's covered in roses
      - makes the roses just barely in time & saves the day

Username:
    Deer's name:
    Story:

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

hi !! I'm mars, a gal with spd + agoraphobia.
I frequent the oc + adoptables side of cs.

my interests rn include genshin, skz,
learning languages, and drawing !! :3c

my cs inbox is full so please chat w/ me
on discord @ mars_v_e

나는 네가 자랑스럽다. 계속 최선을 다하거라 ♡

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Killawolf17 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:13 am

Username: killawolf17
Deer's name: Rosa Violet (after the Rosa 'Violet Carson')
Story: Rosa often wandered away from her mother at a young age, but she was smart enough to take care of herself for those short amounts of time. Her mother stopped worrying about her after a while. She would usually find the fawn napping in her favourite bed of roses. Rosa would spend hours nibbling at all of the thorns, removing them so that she could lay down and sleep for a while. It was her favourite spot, and acted as a safe space for her.

The rose bed was in a small clearing not far from the plains where they would normally graze. The surrounding trees were dense enough that she felt completely safe and closed off from any danger. Sometimes she would get lost trying to find it, or coming back from it, but she found her way in the end. Unfortunately, one day, that was her downfall.

During a particularly long and dreary day, she had finally found her bed of roses and settled in for a long, relaxing rest. Not long after, she heard shots in the distance and became fully alert. Her ears perked and her eyes trained on the woods in the direcrion she'd heard the shots, she waited for a moment to see if maybe she had just been dreaming.

A few more shots rang out, causing her to bolt without thinking, not realizing she was going the wrong way. She ran as far as she could, the shots finally fading out to nothing. She came to a holt as she came across a similar bed of roses and realized that she was safe. She looked around, lifting her head to sniff the air, only to find she was nowhere near her favored clearing. She realized that she was hopelessly and utterly lost.

She cried out for her mother, her tired legs shaking beneath her as she kept walking, hoping to find her clearing, her roses, her mom! As the hours and the days dragged on, her stomach grumbled loud enough to make her stop. She was starving. She looked around for something edible and sat long enough to satiate her hunger.

She heard a snap behind her, a twig break in underhoof, and she froze.

"I won't hurt you," came a voice out of nowhere. "You're safe."

She got up to run, but was caught in the arms of a stranger. She caught, kicking and screaming, but her hunger and her searching had worn her out. She went limp in the stranger's arms, floating into unconsciousness.

Hours later, possibly even days, she woke up in another red of roses. She sniffed at them, but they weren't hers. She looked around and realized she wasn't even in the forest anymore. She was in a fenced off yard. Nearby sat a large trough filled with water, and another that was filled with an assortment of food. She started to panic before hearing a snort behind her. She looked around and found a tall, curious looking horse. It was staring at her intently, as if waiting for something.

"Well?" It mumbled. "What's your name?"

"...Rosa..." she said quietly, aver tin her eyes to the soft green grass. "I'm Rosa."

"Oh, such a fitting name!" The horse laughed and kept her head low, trying to come off as kind and safe. "You're okay. Sam brought you here to take care of you."

Rosa looked at the horse, confused. Who was Sam? As she was thinking about how high she would have to jump to get over the fence, she heard a whistle behind her. The horse froze before bolting towards the sound. Rosa looked over and found a short, but stocky looking human standing by the gate with an apple in one hand.

"You're awake! That's good!" She called, causing Rosa to flinch slightly. That was the stranger! That was the person that had taken her!

She started to panic again, pausing when something landed with a thud in from of her. The apple? She looked at it and then at 'Sam'.

"Eat it. It isn't poisoned."

As her poor legs shook, she sniffed at the apple before taking a bite. It tasted find to her, so she kept her eyes on the human as she settled in and nibbled at the apple.

Sam came closer, moving slowly and keeping her hands out so as not to scare the fawn off. She finally reached the scared little creature, kneeling down and gently petting her head.

"You'll be okay here. I'll take care of you."

At first I didn't even know what to write, but I guess i got carried away??? :lol: If I don't win, I won't be too upset. I can probably use the story for something else! This makes me want to get back into writing. Haven't done this in years!
Killawolf17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:06 pm

Username:
booklover789

Deer's Name:
Sadie Mimura
サミ・ミムラ

Story:
(NOTE: Sadie grew up speaking both Japanese and English, so she often mixes up the two whenever she speaks. So as to help keep things straight for the reader of her story, whenever Sadie speaks in Japanese I've italicized the words as well as included a translation of the terms into English in the same sentence. Hope you enjoy her story!)

Sadie crept along the wooded forest, her ears pricked and upright, waiting for any sound other than her own blanketed steps to come to her attention. Moss covered the ground along with fallen leaves. A crisp, cool breeze slowly wafted through the forest.
Shadows covered her and helped her vibrant fur blend into her surroundings. She stayed to the sides, never darting out from under the shade of the trees. She didn't dare place a hoof into the Open, the Wide Spacious Open - she wasn't safe when not under the blanket of darkness. Petite for her age, she'd learned to blend into her surroundings as perfectly as she could - she'd mastered the art of deception, of standing still so as to appear like a wilted flower or a piece of bark upon a tree. She gently placed hoof after hoof as she crept along, feeling the small crinkling leaves underfoot and hearing the pine needles swaying in the brief breeze above her velvet-covered antlers. She scented for what she sought: food for the day. Nothing entered her nose, nor tickled her senses.
The small bush to her left rustled, the leaves quivering with anticipation. Sadie froze and watched the bush, wondering what creature would emerge.
A rabbit leapt out and immediately halted in front of her. With a start of fright at her presence, it fled into the Open. Sadie cringed - she knew what would happen shortly thereafter. She looked away, darting off as fast as the rabbit had fled, though her hooves pounded dirt as she raced in the opposite direction. Still, she wasn't far enough away when the predator attacked - the Ancient One who roamed the forest and devoured whole any foolish creature so naive as to leap into the Open or creep from the shadows. The snap of his teeth and the cry of anguish from the rabbit drove her onward, far away from the dangerous Ancient One.
Sadie paused under a large Weeping Willow, the saddening branches drooping low to cover her small frame. She panted from exertion, upset that the Ancient One had forced her further away from her next meal. Sighing, she resigned herself to her fate. She'd sleep here for the night and get food in the morning. She stretched once, yawned, and curled up beneath the tree, taking careful measure to not dislodge her rose flower crown - her mother had given it to her, all those years ago, and by some strange magic, the roses had never wilted. They'd stayed just as vibrant and pink as the day her mother had plucked them from the green earth and had woven them into such a beautiful tiara-shape for her only daughter.
Sadie sighed, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. Remembering the tragedy that had befallen her mother pained her. Deciding instead to dwell on her goal at hand rather than live in painful remembrance, she drifted off to sleep with the memory of the scent of roses filling her nostrils, peaceful trees swaying in the wind, and a small lake with fish leaping forth from its crystalline waters. Dragonflies flitted overhead, and butterflies flapped noiselessly along in the light wind that always blew through the area, strongest only at midday. The trees offered shade and protection from the Ancient One, and spells older than the forest itself lay like comforting blankets over every creature and plant who resided there. Rosebushes surrounded a den in a hill near the lake, so beautiful in shape and vibrant in color. Roses every color of the rainbow dotted each bush, sparkling and dew-filled from the morning mist. Each color was a multitude in and of itself - with eighteen different shades of blue, seven shades of red, four different shades of grey, twenty shades of orange, thirteen shades of yellow, four shades of green, five shades of purple, and seventeen shades of pink, every color imaginable could clearly be seen dotting the landscape thanks to the beautiful rosebushes. The strong scent of roses almost overtook all of Sadie's senses as she curled up beneath the willow, feeling bittersweet in the lovely memory. She knew she'd make it back to her home someday... and if she didn't, she'd gladly give her life to try.

The morning rays filtered through the canopy overhead, causing beautiful dappled shadows to fall across the fawn's back. Sadie stretched, yawning as she awoke. Her pink eyes blinked open sleepily, and she took a few deep breaths to gather herself and calm her racing heart. Her heart had been like this for quite some time - most days when she awoke, her heart would race as if she'd been trying to break the world record for running laps. Her body would shake and she would tremble with fear, even when no real danger was present. This didn't just happen when she was waking up, however - it would also happen throughout the day, whenever her heart felt like doing something silly such as that. (Doctors would have called her condition Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia - commonly known as PAT - but Sadie would never have known that, as she was no where near a medic nor would she ever have had a chance to visit one.)
Once she'd calmed down, Sadie began her day. She foraged for wild berries and edible leaves growing on the bushes nearby where she'd fallen asleep the night prior, and once her belly was no longer gurgling for attention, she set off trying to find her original home once again. Blown away one night as a fawn in a terrible storm, she'd lost all bearings and gotten lost in the woods, hunted by the Ancient One day in and day out. Sadie had learned the ways of the forest quickly so that she could survive, but now that she had grown into a young deerssert, she wanted to return back to the place where she'd come from. Every day she looked high and low through the forest to no avail, never finding her home.
That night as she settled down next to a rotted tree, she found herself losing hope. Sighing as she curled up, she spoke quietly to herself. "Well, Sadie, this has been another unsuccessful day. Sure, you collected leaves and lay them down to sleep upon, but what good are dried-up dead leaves when you could be frolicking in a meadow somewhere?" She stared down at the ground as the dim sunlight lessened as the sun sunk below the horizon, the sunset blocked by the thick tree coverage in the area. Most trees here were dead and bare, spindly branches casting odd shadows on the forest floor. Sadie knew she could only spend one night in this area - staying here too long would spell out certain danger for her personal well-being. "I searched and I searched," she whispered to nobody but herself, "but still I couldn't find it. I've tried for so many years to find my home. Why can I not find it? I've searched every corner of this forest. I know the streams and trees like the back of my hooves. I feel the breeze as I would a whisper on the wind, as if one where speaking quiet nothings into my ears. I know how to tell what time of year it is by how the moss grows along the rocks, or what bird calls I hear in the still morning air." She sighed once more, her ears drooping low and the flower crown atop her head sliding downward, nearly covering her tear-filled eyes. "I will never find our home, MaMa (ママ). Mother, I will never be able to succeed in the plan you told me you had for me. Before the storm, before that wretched night, you told me that if I thought hard enough and believed strongly enough, I would always be able to find my way back home. I've tried, Mother. I've tried so hard, MaMa (ママ), but I cannot do as you've asked. I cannot find my way back." She broke down sobbing, fat tears rolling down her tired face. "Watashi wa hitorida. (私は一人だ。) I am alone."

Sadie opened her eyes the next morning, but instead of sunlight filtering through the trees or rain clouds obscuring her vision, she found herself staring at a blue meadow, the grass spindly and tinted turquoise instead of the rich green she was used to seeing. The birds were all flitting about against a yellow sky, pink clouds dotting the horizon. The trees were green and leafy, but the bark was striped white and red like candy-canes. "Ima doko ni iru no? (今どこにいるの?)" She looked around with a frown. "Where am I?" she murmured, standing up and looking around at this strange new world she'd come to find herself in.
A flittering motion caught her attention, and her head snapped to the left. There, just in the farthest reaches of her vision, was movement of a small creature not quite the size of a fly but not as large as a mouse. The movement was similar to a hummingbird, but too jerky to be a woodland creature. Her eyes narrowed. "Kon'nichiwa? Soko no hito wa daredesu ka? (こんにちは? そこの人は誰ですか?)" she called out in a loud voice. When no response was heard, she tried again in English. "Hello? Is someone over there?"
A fluttering buzz hummed in her ear. She moved her head slowly to the right, and there Sadie came nose-to-nose with a creature she'd never seen before. "Who are you?" she asked inquisitively.
The creature smiled back at her. "I am Yōsei, the fairy of this realm." She glanced up and down at the deerssert before her, and a small smile played at her lips. "You are not of my realm. What are you doing in these parts?"
"I do not know how I came to be here. I don't know how I will get home. I need help returning to my sanctuary."
"Your sanctuary? What an odd term."
"Watashinoie wa watashi no seiikidesu. (私の家は私の聖域です) Sanctuary. My home. The two are the same to me."
The fairy smiled. "I see. Well, I'd be happy to get you there - and get you out of my realm and out of my hair, of course - but I'd need something from you in turn."
"A trade?"
"A deal."
Sadie frowned. "What type of deal do you speak of, Yōsei?"
"My dear, all I require of you is that you owe me a favor once you go back to your realm. I can choose to contact you at any point in time for this favor, and you must do whatever it is I ask of you."
Sadie smiled slyly. "Certainly, so long as it does not endanger my livelihood or any being whom I care for and his or her livelihood. Do I make myself clear?"
Yōsei smiled back. "You are a clever creature. Yes, that sounds fine to me."
She nodded abruptly. "Keiyaku wa torihikida. (契約は取引だ) Then we have a deal."

When Sadie opened her eyes again, she found herself sitting in a lush area with peaceful trees swaying in the wind around her. A tiny lake with fish leaping forth from its crystal-clear blue waters lay just behind her. Dragonflies flitted overhead, their red and black bodies humming along at a faster rate than Sadie could run. Butterflies flapped noiselessly over her antlers, one landing gently on her nose and then alighting back to the air. She felt herself breathe a sigh of relief. The trees offered shade and protection - she knew she wouldn't be found by the Ancient One here, due to the spells older than the forest itself that covered each being who lived there. She glanced around and spotted the rosebushes surrounding a den in a hill - her hill. She trotted over to the green-grassed area, the blades folding neatly under her gentle footfalls. Roses in every color and shade imaginable were bursting forth from each of the bushes, sparkling and dew-filled from the morning mist that would soon burn off in the heat of the afternoon. With a smile, Sadie felt stress leave her shoulders and unknot itself from her stiff back.
"Watashi wa sore o jibun de yarimashita! (私はそれを自分でやりました!) I did it! I did it, Mother! I found our old home. And I will stay here forevermore. I will do whatever it is that Yōsei the fairy wishes me to do - I will do it without hesitation, for Mother, Anata o hontōni aishiteimasu. (あなたを本当に愛しています。) I love you so so much, Mother. And I will keep my promise until the end of time."
She was home.
And finally she found herself at peace.

Last edited by booklover789 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peaxhy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:16 am

ImageImage

Image was born into a very poor family, regardless of that they all loved each other dearly. However her father who was the king's gardener, used to bring her into the garden and tell her all about the beauty of roses and how to take care of them. She began to love the king's roses as much as her family. As she grew older she felt that they were growing with her and she began to love them even more. After and during school she always looked forward to the "lessons" she had with her father in the king's garden.
But, as in every fairy tale, a bad thing comes along. In this case when Petal was thirteen she lost her father. This put her in a big state of deppresion. She began to no longer go to the garden because she would remember her father and then burst out in tears. School was the hardest to manage for her. People started teasing her, and even her friends and teachers ignored her. Her mom and brother never knew, because she kept it a secret and pretended to be happy when she was at home. This was very hard for her as she no longer could enjoy the things she loved the most.
One day Petal was moping and thinking why her dad had to die, when one of the king's servants approched her. He stated that his name was Lucifer and that the king was looking for a new gardener since her dad died. He said he told the king that he had someone in mind who was related to the previous gardener and he said that she knew a thing or two about roses.

Last edited by peaxhy on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
credits wrote:sheena~killjoy
peaxhy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowlondon » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:28 pm

Last edited by Snowlondon on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxHi, I'm Snowlondon!
xxxxxxxxYou can call me Snow. I use
xxxxxxxxshe/her pronouns, and I love
xxxxxxxxwriting, drawing, and baking.
xxxBest Friend x Art Instagram x My Art Shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Snowlondon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery