Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Dargons - Summer Event starting soon! by Scottish9

Based on Click to view
Artist Scottish9 [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 10
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Dargons - Summer Event starting soon!

Postby Scottish9 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:12 am

D a r g o n s
Species concept and design concept by me, made 2015. Lines by iownfish, made 2018
Main | Nursery | Competitions | Events |Bazaar |Dargon U | Archives |Fanclub | Giftlines

Welcome to the home of the Dargons

What are Dargons?

A Dargon is an alien species that greatly resembles a dragon. However, they are not. While they have four legs and can fly, they have large ears, a layer of fur under their scales, and are not able to manipulate any element. Males of all subspecies have underscales, left over from more primitive days of fighting over females. The genome of the Dargon is vast and complex, allowing for innumerable color and pattern combinations. However, they do have their distinctions between breeds.

Dargons live in systems called Tribes. Each Tribe has a Chief or Chieftess, who decides who can and can't be a part of the tribe. Tribes can war, be allies, and even interbreed. They are intelligent enough to fashion simple tools and decorations with their opposable thumbs. Dargons communicate with a language of spoken sounds vaguely like English. They are omnivores who hunt and forage in groups. They make their homes in cave systems somewhat like a prairie-dog town.

Dargons were first found by human explorers when their home planet was in crisis, mere months away from being devoured by a black hole. Using technology and some Dargon magic, humans managed to transport many Dargons back to earth. After initial lab testing, it was found that Dargons would make great, though large, companions and pets for humans.

Windgons
      Windgons are a very common subspecies. With their lean bodies and large wings and tails, they are masters of the air around their mountaintop homes. Their manes are short and mainly cover their crown. Their large tails are tipped with two formidable horns, which they use as rudders against gale-force winds.
    Blazegons
      Blazegons are another common breed, renowned for their ferocity and bravery. They can dwell anywhere but prefer warmer, drier areas. Their manes extend to above their shoulders, are short in hair length, and appear slicked back. Their tail contains yet another weapon for these fighters: a scorpion sting, complete with venom.
    Rockgons
      Rockgons are an uncommon breed and are extremely large, dwelling in caverns and other earthy places. They are built for strength, and their wings are rather small. Their mane is thick and extends halfway down the neck, like a helmet. Their tail bears a large spade, useful when working the earth.
    Dimgons
      Dimgons are a rare subspecies, and are very small. They are built for stealth and can see in the dark, for they dwell where sunlight can be scarce. Their manes grow in long, luscious tresses. Their tail bears six smallish spikes, three above and three below.
    Freezegons
      Freezegons are an uncommon breed of Dargon, and have elongated bodies and rather short legs for easier maneuvering in their icy northern home. Their mane, over time, has developed into a slicked-back affair that peaks behind the ears, the result of eons of being battered by relentless winds. Their tail bears a hard, jagged plate for traction and defense.
    Beastgons
      Beastgons are actually rather common, and a large and stocky. They are good fighters, and have large, sabre-cat fangs to aid them. Their tails are tipped with quills that, while they cannot be flung off, can come off the tail if stuck in something. Their mane is not a proper mane, but rather a thick tuft of crown hair that ends near the ears.
    Treegons
      Treegons are an uncommon Dargon breed and complete pacifists. Unlike the other breeds, these Dargs prefer to live in trees, and their tails are even slightly prehensile to accommodate this lifestyle! Their mane is rather long, and some would describe it as being a cross between the manes of a Rockgon and a Dimgon. Their tail is graced with a tuft of soft fur.
    Raingons
      Another rare, small breed. Raingons are swimmers and can be found near lakes and rivers. They can't stand saltwater, though. While their paws sport to webbing, their limbs and tail and strong and their paws are large. Their mane is thick and dense, kept short and extending in a line down to the shoulders. Their tail sports a semi-transparent fin that is reminiscent of a tadpole's tail.
Last edited by Scottish9 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:29 am, edited 47 times in total.
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules and Information

Postby Scottish9 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:22 am

How things work

Dargons is a a multi-pronged species, with many breeds and all sorts of events!

You can start adopting right away now, and you may have as many as you like! You can also breed Dargons for cool hybrids and participate in events to get neat traits or items!

Rules
Rules operate on a three-strike system. The first two times a rule is broken, you'll get a warning, maybe a suspension. The third time, you will be barred from Dargons. Your Dargons will be rehomed and you will be reported if you are caught messing with Dargons, either the adopts or the community.

Staff, the rules apply to you too!
    Species Rules
    ~Dargons may be used as characters, OCs, or sonas.
    ~Dargons may not be created by a non-Dargon-artist.
    ~However, you may make art of pre-existing Dargons as long as credit to the species is given.
    ~You may take your Dargons off-site (say, to stash or ToyHouse), as long as you link back to the main Dargons page and give credit.
    ~The re-sale of Dargons is not allowed. If you wish to evict a Dargon from your ownership, PM a staffer and Scottish9 will note its readoption status on the Community post.
    ~To trade Dargons, you must have the permission of a mod and both artists. You must also tell the archivist each time a Dargon changes hands (trade/gift/evict) and who it is going to (if applicable)
    ~Editing of Dargon lines without written artist permission is not allowed.

Community Rules
    ~Feel free to PM Scottish9 with suggestions and feedback!
    ~Please be polite and respectful.
    ~Please do not argue with staffers. If you ask for an explanation politely, however, we'd be delighted to clarify things!
    ~Artists have the right to make the competition any way they want as long as no currency except for Dargon or CS currency is involved.
    ~If you see a fight or harassment, tell a CS or Dargons mod. Don't mini-mod. Hopefully this won't happen :)

Miscellaneous notes
    ~You can have as many Dargs as you wish.
    ~You must own a Dargon for a week before you can trade/gift/evict/breed it
    ~Use this form to redeem a code (both the redeemer and the giver will get 2 SC, more information in Bazaar). Post it on the main thread
    Code: Select all
    I'm redeeming a code!
    Your username:
    Giver's username:
    Code:

FAQ
    here’s a list of some questions and their answers!

Q: can I use a Dargon in my signature?
    A: Yes! Either as a linked image or just an image, this goes along with being allowed to use a Dargon as a character. Just please do not claim the art as yours

Q: should I pay for breedings? For customs?
    A: nursery artists cannot accept payment. However, stud/dam owners may ask for it. Payment for customs outside of their specific prices in the Bazaar is optional, but a nice way to thank the artist for taking the detour.

Q: Who gets the payment for SC for a Dargon?
    A: Send all payment for SC to Scottish9. If the wanted artist is not Scottish9, then PM the wanted artist. Once that artist finishes the custom, Scottish9 will transfer half the payment pets to the artist as part of their salary.

Q: what if I see a Dargon that I really like, can I offer for it? And if there’s a Dargon that’s not up for breeding, can I ask to breed to it?
    A: no, you may not make an offer on a Dargon that is under ownership. You may also not try to breed to a Dargon that is not listede publicly unless you and its owner have arranged something.
Last edited by Scottish9 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:57 am, edited 16 times in total.
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

News and Community

Postby Scottish9 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:25 am

News
    ~BG competition here!
    ~Check the linkbar on the first post for a link to some giftlines!
    ~Summer event starts on July 1!

Unclaimed Adopts
    All dargons listed here are automatically FCFS, regardless of what competitions may have been originally instituted. They were not adopted before their competition ended. Just fill out the form on its page!
    ~Marking guessing game for 5 SC

Dargon readoptions
    none

Unclaimed Whelps
    none
Last edited by Scottish9 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff and affiliations

Postby Scottish9 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:29 am

Staff
Scottish will hire non-artist staff based on her observations

Owner:
    ~Scottish9. I'm the owner and also an artist/nursery artist. Feel free to PM me any questions!

Co-Owner:
    Help Scottish9 run the place. They get two customs a month

General and Nursery Artists:
    They make adopts and babies. They get a custom per month and a weekly salary
    G:
    ~LunarDragonTamer
    ~
    N:
    ~
    Occasional Artist: iownfish

Archivists:
    Archivists keep track of who owns what Dargons to make sure adopts are being logged correctly. They get a custom per month
    ~AlexLeDraggu

Mods:
    Mods make sure things keep nice and civil. They get a custom

Guest artists:
    Guests artists are trying to become full artists
    G:
    ~LunarDragonTamer
    ~Willowbud
    N:

Affiliates

Looking for affiliates! If you want to be a Dargons affiliate, please PM me.

Want to support Dargons? Use this nifty stamp!
    [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3749459#p117129273][img]https://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/a856fcd4-4ccb-11e8-a6c4-45230ee2d1c9.gif[/img][/url]

Or this one, made by Willowbud!
    [center][url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3749459#p117129273][img]https://i.imgur.com/jQWwqwF.png[/img][/url][/center]

Last edited by Scottish9 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 37 times in total.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dargons

Postby Scottish9 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:51 pm

you may now mark!
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dargons - Grand opening; each new member gets an MYO!

Postby JulieMew1010 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:27 pm

Um yes please markie
jυυleғeмale
sorry i left w/o notice
im very inactive
and starting HS soon!
тeenyιĸeѕ
a cat queen
so basically,,
im not sure what
im doing here
coding is fun tho
and i like drawing
so maybe ill do that
i guess we'll see
lιnĸѕ
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆

JulieMew1010

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:42 am

welcome!

If you'd like to adopt, head on over to Tribes and make a leader who can lead your Dargons!
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:53 pm

up! Check out the artist competition!
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liightning » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:55 pm

heck must mark cx

liight (she/they)

artist who draws silly and funky characters
    <--- enoki is my baby boy

discord: ask! || twitter: liightpinked
    toyhouse: liightning || art fight: liightning
liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:28 pm

Hello and welcome!
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me