Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Caudas • Artists Needed! by Areater

Based on Click to view
Artist Areater [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 20 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Caudas • Artists Needed!

Postby Areater » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:44 am

AskArtist SearchMYOsItem ArchiveArchiveNursery ArchiveFanclubGrowths/Customs/Revamps/etc.

What is a Cauda? wrote:Caudas are highly intelligent, social creatures that are generally around the size of a large pony. They thrive in large hierarchy-based communities, but can be found in smaller groups or on their own. The main distinguishing features of caudas are their six legs, beak-like mouths, two sets of symmetrical horns (one larger set and one smaller set), frills, and thick rubbery skin. For a long time caudas were thought to be extinct due to habitat loss but were recently found in small numbers, and programs and protective laws have brought their numbers back up to healthier amounts. Caudas prefer to live in moist, warm shaded areas but can thrive in various habitats.

Extended Lore wrote:Caudas are amphibians that lay their eggs in water and prefer to eat fish, but can eat a variety of meals, including bird eggs, aquatic plants, small mammals, birds, insects, and frogs. Their back two pairs of legs are used mostly for movement while their front pair is used for balance and for grabbing objects. They are active mostly in the late afternoon into the very early morning, but may be more active during different times depending on the time of year, location, or personal preference. They communicate mostly through body language but will occasionally use croaks or high-pitched wails to express themselves, especially during mating season or when threatened. Ancient ancestors of caudas are thought to have started many dragon legends and therefore caudas are sometimes referred to as the 'dragons of the marshes'.

Rarity Traits wrote:Non-Rarity:
Non-rarity traits are typically caused by lifestyle factors and cannot pass in breeding!*
Missing limbs (from injury), ripped frills (from injury), broken/cracked horns (from injury), weight edits, scars, missing eyes (from injury), expression edits, any other approved injuries.
Basic: Horn shape, antlers, frill shape, teeth
Common: Frill location, tail, pupil shape, claw shape/size, spines along back
Uncommon: Scales, lengthened body, slime, height change, hair, fur, tongue, glow
Rare: Gills, fins, shortened body, seven/eight legs, extra eyes, extra tail(s), mouth shape
Exclusive: Missing limbs (naturally), horns not on the head, more than eight legs, more than one head, wings, asymmetrical horns, missing horns (naturally), missing frills (naturally), ears, magical powers**
Retired:
New caudas may not obtain retired traits and retired traits can no longer pass in breedings!
None yet!

*traits caused by injury must be clearly different from natural exclusive traits! for example, if a cauda had their leg amputated, their must be scars/a portion left/etc. while an exclusive cauda wouldn't need that.
**Any cauda can be headcanoned as having magical powers, but their official ref cannot display evidence of powers and it cannot be listed as an official trait of that cauda.
Last edited by Areater on Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:07 am, edited 33 times in total.
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules & Strikes/Bans

Postby Areater » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Main Rules wrote:• There is currently no limit to how many caudas you may own.
• Caudas are a closed species and therefore you may only make one if you are an official artist or obtain a myo!
• Caudas may only be traded for other caudas or for other in-species objects (such as breeding items, myos, etc.) and may not be sold! You can gift caudas at any point in time, but there is a two week cooldown on trading.
• You may not edit your cauda or add traits unless you have an item that allows you to do so or if you are only changing the expression or adding accessories/tattoos (tattoos and accessories must be on an unofficial ref not used for breeding).
• Caudas may not be transferred to another species!

Breeding Rules wrote:• Caudas can be any gender or sexuality and may breed with any cauda of any gender! Poly relationships are also allowed, but nursery artists are allowed to limit the amount of parents in a breeding if they choose.
• You must correctly fill out a nursery form while a nursery artist has slots open for your ticket to be accepted.
• Only adult caudas can breed and cauda x hatchling relationships are not allowed. In addition, family members cannot breed. Caudas can only breed with other caudas.
• Each cauda can be bred up to three times in their lifetime.
• Users must wait a week between accepted breeding tickets to apply for another nursery slot.
• Individual caudas have a breeding cooldown of two weeks.
• Caudas don't have to be mates to be bred, but mated caudas are guaranteed to have twins. The appropriate form must be correctly filled out in the mateship thread for a mateship to be official!

Staff Rules wrote:• Do not take advantage of your power as staff or your role will be revoked. You still must follow all regular rules!
• If your are unsure of something, please contact me about it!
• Staff will get an uncommon myo upon hire (including guest artists) and all staff except for guest artists will get a two trait limited rare myo every other month if they are doing their duties!
• Guest artists can make up to four caudas and then will be considered as a main artist/nursery artist. Three of those caudas must have common or below rarities and one can be uncommon!
• Regular artists can make any rarity cauda below rare, but rules will be put in place if too many uncommon caudas pop up. You must get permission from me to make a rare cauda and exclusive caudas are for special occasions only (such as events)!

Strikes and Bans wrote:None yet!
Last edited by Areater on Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff & Credit

Postby Areater » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Owner & Species Creator:
Areater

Main Artists:
Stoneleaf

Nursery Artists:

Guest Artists:
Mainstay⊕Medic

Mods:
Murdoc Niccals

Item Archivist:

Cauda Archivist:
Trash Mammal

---

Lineart Artist:
Calix

Interested in being staff? Fill out the below form and send it to me with the title Cauda Staff Application! If you are interested in being an artist, please check out the artist search or nursery artist search! Currently, the following non-artist roles are open: item archivist and mod.
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Time Zone & Usual Availability:[/b] [i]example: est time & around three hours in the evening[/i]
[b]Role Applying For:[/b]
[b]Previous Staff Experience:[/b] [i]not required![/i]
[b]Do You Have a Discord?:[/b] [i]not required but heavily preferred![/i]
[b]Other:[/b]
Last edited by Areater on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:22 am, edited 16 times in total.
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates and Stamps/Banners

Postby Areater » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:40 pm

None yet! If you made a stamp or banner, please PM it to me if you would like to see it listed here for others to use!
Last edited by Areater on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Events

Postby Areater » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:41 pm

None at the moment - please check back later!

Upcoming Events:
• Referral Event

Past Events:
Last edited by Areater on Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

///

res just in case!

to do:
- finish nursery
- update all the writing on covers & links for uniformity and neatness
- a little coding to make it look nicer
- item archive
- header banner that can link to main page
- stamps
- hm shop [ myos, edit items, breeding items ]
- explanation of hms
- referral event [ raffle that rewards people who mark the main thread &/or advertise caudas &/or get someone to mark the main thread ]
- affiliates
Last edited by Areater on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: wip species

that should be enough - marking is now welcome!
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
x
x
┌───────────┐

hecking moo.
⇢ she/her ⇠
⇢ atheist ⇠
⇢ queer ⇠

└───────────┘
x