Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Wind Reaper Adopts 2.0 - [ open! ] by SilverSamurai

Artist SilverSamurai [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
65 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Wind Reaper Adopts 2.0 - [ open! ]

Postby SilverSamurai » Sun May 01, 2016 9:56 am

Wind Reapers are a species of dragon that inhabit high ground, most commonly seen on mountain peaks. Their long, thin body allows them to maneuver steep slopes and jagged cliffs with ease. With their strong back legs, they can easily climb trees and make amazing leaps. Although they are unable to fly, their light body weight allows them to glide, with help from their high jumps and long tails. Their tails are very flexible, helping them climb and glide. Despite their appearance, most Reapers are relatively timid and shy. They are loners, however occasionally enjoy a friends company. They mate for life due to their lack of trust for others, and can live for up to 30 years.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Image ImageImage Image

Staff wrote:Creator and owner: SilverSamurai

Co-owner: Raven Brigade

Archivist: Lieicent
Artists wrote:- SilverSamurai
- Akita_
- .Lone Wolf.

Like the species? Support us!

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3040002][img]http://s18.postimg.org/rxcl8a9mx/stamp_1.gif[/img][/url]

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3040002][img]http://i59.tinypic.com/69dg5h.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:47 am, edited 22 times in total.
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

What Is a Wind Reaper?

Postby SilverSamurai » Sun May 01, 2016 9:58 am

Size

Wind Reapers vary in size depending on age and location, but most average in height between a German Shepherd and a Great Dane, and can reach up to 10 feet in length (from head tip to tail tip)

Diet

Although they look violent, they are a very kind and respectful species, and as a result are herbivorous. Reapers usually eat at dawn and dusk if they can, but can go up to a week without eating. Their favorite things to eat is pine cones, as they will travel up to 10 miles to feast on their favorite prickly treat, though they do enjoy fruits as well. They mainly eat leaves and various plants that vary by region.

Anatomy

Reapers are born with rounded skulls that they sharpen themselves as they get older. They rub their skulls against jagged cliffs, rocks, trees, anything to sharpen them. The sharper their skulls, the more impressive they appear to others, making it a key factor in males if they are trying to attract a mate. When they are born, their wings are not fully developed and they are unable to glide, but that won't stop them from trying, and they often hurl themselves off high places trying, creating chips and cracks in their skulls. Their tails are also under developed; they are short and thick, and will become longer and stronger with age and experience.

Reapers have 4 fingers and 3 toes, all of which are very long and thin that help with climbing and speed.They have long, sharp claws to assist in cutting leaves or other foliage to eat or move about their surroundings. They are able to grasp things with their hands, and their feet are very long and flat, allowing for skilled climbing. Their strong and flexible tail allows them to hold onto tree branches and anchor themselves around a rock or a boulder as they are scaling cliffs (almost like a hook).

What is a Wind Reaper's mask? What's under it?

A Reaper has never been seen without a mask, so it is thought that they are born with them. A young reaper's skull is incredibly fragile and often cracks, which somehow heal over time. A Reaper's skull will always be a shade of off-white to tan, but can be dyed and painted on in sections.
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Variations and Rarities

Postby SilverSamurai » Sun May 01, 2016 9:59 am

Wind Reapers have recently been spotted with a variation in skulls and wing types. Although they are still small, the wing types may vary based on location. Reapers can have any of the 4 basic wing shapes. Skulls also vary, most commonly between birds of prey, but on rare occasions can be those of large predators such as bears and wolves. The horns at the top of the skull can vary just as much as the skull type itself, but all horns are sharp tipped.

Rarities wrote:
Common wrote:
Standard skull
Standard wings
Standard straight horns
No variant

Uncommon wrote:
Skull variant (bird of prey)
Horn variant (single set)
Wing variant
Spikes along spine
Feather tufts (along back, limbs, tail)
Painted skull

Rare wrote:
Skull variant (mammal)
Horn variant (multiple horns)
Tail variant (shorter)
Stunted (growth defect)
Extra set of wings

Last edited by SilverSamurai on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:03 am, edited 8 times in total.
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding and Ownership

Postby SilverSamurai » Sun May 01, 2016 10:00 am

Ownership and Customs;

You may own up to 10 Wind Reapers. Gifting a Reaper is allowed, but you must have been the owner for at least 1 month (30 days) before it is gifted (unless you are entering a contest for someone else OR are gifting a nursery batch directly aka no prior ownership). To gift a Reaper or put ip up for readoption, you MUST PM me (SilverSamurai) and the original artist of the Reaper. Both ends of the trade (yourself and the new owner) must PM SilverSamurai to confirm the change in ownership. However, trading Reapers is not allowed. The following rules must be followed when adopting and owning a Wind Reaper:
1. You may own up to 10 Wind Reapers, 2 of them may be customs (through winning or buying a ticket)
2. Staff may own up to 12 Reapers, 2 of them may be customs made by themselves or purchased.
3. Be respectful of others; this means to credit others when necessary, no foul or harsh language, and no fights.
4. Do not claim a Reaper as your own unless you are the official owner; no stealing other user's adopts.
5. Be respectful of staff; we are trying our best, we really are.
6. If you are adopting, please mark the main thread!

Customs are available for staff (up to 2) and also through DeviantArt points. A normal user may have up to 2 customs, and they can be obtained through raffles or purchasing tickets with points. If you are interested in purchasing a custom ticket, contact SilverSamurai vis PM with "Wind Reaper Custom Purchase" in the title. See pricing below;
Custom pricing wrote:SC- Standard custom (no variations): 500 points
UC - Uncommon custom (up to 3 uncommon variations): 700 points
RC - Rare custom (1-2 rare variations and up to 3 uncommon variations): 1000 points

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Breeding;

Wind Reapers mate for life, and can only breed 5 times over their lifetime. Some will choose to never mate and breed, while others are more comfortable and social with others. Reapers can only breed with their mate, and will lay 1-2 eggs each time. The eggs are fairly large, about the size of an ostrich egg. Parents will incubate the egg(s) for 2 months until they hatch, and the nestlings will stay for up to a year. They are fully grown around 5 years of age, and will have long left their parents nest by then.

Reapers breed in seasons, or every 7-8 months if they choose to do so. However, for nursery reasons, all these times will be shortened:

A Reaper can only breed once a month.
Egg- 3 days after lay.
Nestling (hatched)- 1 week
Adult- forever

While rare, some Reapers do not grow past their nestling stage. This does not mean they are not mature, they are just unable to breed and will not grow to full size. This is known as a 'Stunted Reaper'. Stunted Reapers are rare and are usually more withdrawn from their flock/family. They only occur through breeding, and have a 10% chance of occurrence.
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:43 am, edited 10 times in total.
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wind Reaper Adopts 2.0 - marking open!

Postby fisht3a » Sun May 01, 2016 10:04 am

BIGGEST MARK EVER OMG YES THEYRE BACK
hi there! you can call me fish, tea, etc.~
(FallenPegasus former username from 2014-Oct. 2021)
she/her
toyhouse
art fight
all art in sig by me
fisht3a

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bellini » Sun May 01, 2016 10:46 am

mark <3
bellini

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tatangi » Sun May 01, 2016 11:18 am

Can't wait! <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image Image Image Image
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VAALRAVN » Sun May 01, 2016 3:46 pm

merk
    xxxx( // for it is when we fall we learn whether we can fly ) ( not here much )
VAALRAVN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coradrawa » Sun May 01, 2016 9:38 pm

Markie markie!!
So excited!!
coradrawa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MyLostShadow » Thu May 05, 2016 1:11 am

I'm glad these are back! c: Mark

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So, we're saving the
galaxy...again?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MyLostShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes