Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Fennec Rattler Adopts - OPEN by Weeping_Angel }Y{

Based on Click to view
Artist Weeping_Angel }Y{ [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Fennec Rattler Adopts - OPEN

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:49 am

nursery || archives || fanclub || current event || artist search || design requests

What are Fennec Rattlers? wrote:Fennec Rattlers, or FeRs for short, are a semi-nocturnal breed of Fennec fox. They are found most often in the deserts and mountains, but can be found in fields and grasslands as well. They have smooth scales that protect all of their vital organs and are nearly impenetrable. While they have a rattle to warn off predators, it is rare for their bite to actually be poisonous. In fact, the bite of an FeR has great healing properties for things such as aches and pains, cuts, bruises, and it can even be used as an anti-venom!

They come in a wide variety of colors, but one thing is always the same. Their scales tend to be a dull or natural tone with hidden markings. These hidden markings emit pheromones and will glow during 'mating season'. Like canines, female FeRs go into heat twice a year. This time varies based on the FeR's birthday, occuring both for three weeks around it and three weeks six months after it every year until an FeR has reached their breeding limit. This number is anywhere from two to four times, depending on the FeR's health.

Babies hatch from an egg with no legs like a snake, but grow them over the course of two years (two months in real life). This is the time when they are most vulnerable and are left home with either one parent or an elder sibling while the hunting takes place.

They mainly eat rodents and birds found in their natural habitat, but on the rare chance that they live in a forest they are omnivorous and will also eat berries and herbs. They can catch prey easily because, like snakes, they can unhinge their jaw and eat prey whole. They have two stomachs, one that digests the meat and the other that digests bones, feathers and fur.

The eyes and tongue will always be the same color. In the event of heterochromia(two different colors), the tongue will have a pattern.

FeRs are roughly the size of a great dane when full grown, with females ranging from a height of 28 - 32 inches and a weight of 99 - 130 pounds, and males ranging from a height of 30 - 34 inches and a weight of 120 - 200 pounds. As a child FeRs are the size of a golden retriever. Females will range from a height of 21 - 23 inches and weight of 55 - 71 pounds, while males will range from a height of 23 - 24 inches and weight of 65 - 75 pounds.

Baby FeRs are rather short, due to not having legs, as their limbs make up most of their height when older. Baby FeRs will range from 8 - 11 inches in height with their little stubby legs and 5 - 10 pounds for both males and females. Their eggs are six inches long and weigh 2.5 pounds upon laying, with a thick shell. Females can lay anywhere from 1 - 4 eggs with each clutch, meaning the average female can lay anywhere from 4 - 16 eggs in her lifetime if she has four clutches.

Rules

~ No bribing/whining/swearing/fighting. This is a friendly place and I'd like to keep it fun for everyone.
~ One adopt per person, per week. You can try out for as many as you like, but you can only win one. This means it's up to both you and the artists to keep this straight. If you win, please pull your form from the other adopts you've tried out for that end within seven days after receiving an FeR. (Event adopts have their own counter, so you can win one event FeR and one normal FeR per week during events.)
~ Be fair to everyone. I don't want to have to set a limit on adopts, but if I see the same people winning multiple FeRs right after another I will to give everyone a fair chance. To help keep from needing a limit, please only try out for FeRs you really love and will keep active.
~ NO spam. The only one-word posts I will allow are your first to mark this thread. Only staff will be allowed to bump this thread to keep everything in order.
~ Mark the main thread before adopting. This will keep you up to date on current events and specials we're having, or if someone is offering gift art of FeRs.
~ Keep discussions to a minimum. This should be dealt with on the fanclub. Until it is made, I will tolerate minimum discussions, and I will also tolerate small discussions about events once the fanclub is made. Please, try to keep these things civil and not spam the thread.
~ Have fun!

Rules are subject to change, so be sure to check them often. The breaking of most rules will result in a single strike, with exception to the cooldown which will result in a temporary two-week ban from adopting. Three strikes or two temporary bans will result in a permanent ban the next time a rule is broken. Moderators, as well as myself, will be in charge of monitoring this thread and all others for rule-breaking.

Rarities

Common (Green): Dull/natural plating with no markings. Same colored eyes. Unnatural or natural base coat. No edits (accessories do not count as edits.)

Uncommon (Blue): Slightly brighter plating or plating with a few markings showing. Different colored eyes. Small edits such as a different rattle shape, hair, or a longer tongue. PPS as a teen.

Rare (Purple): Plating with markings showing all the time. Eyes with gradients or patterns. Larger edits such as extra fur or a different tail. If the claws are removed, this will also make an FeR rare. PPS as a baby. Artists, you do not have to ask to make a rare, but it should be kept to one in every 10-15 common/uncommon adopts.

Very Rare (Pink): Very little fur (smooth lines) or a large poof. No scales on the tail and/or inside the ears. Bright plating. Poisonous bite. Gray or dull eyes (means poor eyesight or deafness). Artists, please ask/get approval before making a very rare adopt. This should be kept to one every 25.

Legendary (Red): Custom lines. Wings and/or missing/replaced limb. Black or white eyes (both mean blindness). These will be saved for the hundred adopts. Please do not make a legendary unless given permission by myself.

Main post (you are here)
Staff, Strikes and Bans
Affiliate Information
Event Information
Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:49 am, edited 8 times in total.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

The Pumpkin Queen | ∑a∂ µa††er | DolphinGirl4Ever
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff, Strikes and Bans

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:51 am

To be an artist or guest artist, check out the artist search. To be a mod, fill out the following form.

Code: Select all
Username:
Why I want to be a mod:
Past experience:
A little about me (2-5 sentences):

I am also looking for an archivist! Prior experience is preferred. To apply, fill out the form below.

Code: Select all
Username:
Why I want to be an archivist:
Past experience?:
If so, where?:
A little about me (2-5 sentences):

Owner/Creator ~~ Weeping_Angel }Y{ ~~ Nickname: Angel ~~ Any Pronouns
||||||I am a young adult who loves to design new creatures and color in adopts. I love to do fun events that everyone can enjoy too.

Archivist ~~
||||||

Artist ~~
||||||
Artist ~~
||||||
Artist ~~
||||||

Guest Artist ~~
||||||
Guest Artist ~~
||||||

Moderator ~~
||||||
Moderator ~~
||||||
Moderator ~~
||||||

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strikes and bans are the result of breaking rules and general disrespect for staff and adopters alike. Permanent bans will result in your FeRs being stripped from you and re-adopted to others, as well as your posts on any and all FeR related threads being ignored, while a temporary ban just freezes your adopter account for the time stated.

Strikes
User - #

None yet :)

Bans
User - Reason - Length

None yet :)
Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stamps/Banners/Affiliates

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:54 am

PM me with a stamp design, or with a stamp code if you want to be an affiliate!

If you make a stamp/banner, it will be linked to this thread. Affiliates will be linked to their threads.

Coming Soon!!
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Event Info

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:55 am

Past Events

Grand Opening
Mystery egg event hosted in January 2016

Current Events

Winter Lights Festival
Two weeks of special FeRs with wintry themes and color palettes and lots of fun games with special prizes.
Starts December 14th

Future Events

1st Anniversary (2017)
Special themed adopts that will all be uncommon or higher.
Starts January 1st
Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fennec Rattler Adopts - WIP!!

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:57 am

Now open for marking/posting. Please don't argue or fight, or ask to be staff.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit. » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:33 am

omg, these are ADORABLE!
You have obtained Forest, the Stalker (Mario: YAHOO)
ew this was ugly
yo im rabbit/weston/salem
and i'm barely ever on
rabbit.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seali1 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:17 am

Marking these babehs <3
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Seali1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imakilljoywannabe » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:34 pm

Marking
ImageImage╔══════════════════════════╗
-Art Shop-Characters-Kleeare Herd-BWSDA Kennel-DA-Writing-Avatar Credit-
╚══════════════════════════╝

╔══════════════════════╗
Hey there! I'm imakilljoywannabe!
Gravity Falls//MLP//Pokémon//danisnotonfire
Female//Straight

╚══════════════════════╝
ImageImage
imakilljoywannabe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:36 pm

So sorry for the delay in opening these everyone! My co outer is broken but I should be getting a new one very soon. For every day after the first that I missed with the grand opening, the even will continue into February. So say o don't get my computer until the 16th, the event will go until February 16th to make up for those 16 days I missed.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fennec Rattler Adopts - OPEN

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:04 am

Fenec Rattlers have returned! Feel free to mark the thread and be ready, because our first adopts are going to be released soon!
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---