Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Crystal Felidae - Under Construction(no posting) by foxxbreath

Based on Click to view
Artist foxxbreath [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Crystal Felidae - Under Construction(no posting)

Postby foxxbreath » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:17 pm

[url]archive[/url] -- [url]nursery[/url] -- [url]fanclub[/url] -- [url]link[/url]
crystal felidae are just regular cats, in a world that has never harbored humankind. However, despite appearing mainly natural color-wise there is something...odd, about them. these felines have varying amounts of gems, rocks, minerals, and despite their name very rarely crystals, that grow from under their fur from birth. it is rare for two cats to have the same gemtype, and no two cats are completely identical!

-- Species Overview --

welcome to crystal felidae adopts!
crystal felidae are a closed cat species, much like your regular housecat except they have
no human interaction and have gems, rocks, minerals, and on rare occasions even their
crystal namesakes, imbedded in their skin. (think of it as a hedgehog's quills, only more
permanent and more heavy duty.) they are also physically genderless; but for easy commun-
ication may take on "feminine", "masculine", or other pronouns.

above is our mascot, Tuna, who happens to have Green Goldstone as his gem! no two felidae
will have the same gem placements, and it's rare to find two cats with the same type of gem.
a crystal felidae's gem(umbrella term, as this also applies for rocks and mineral felidae) can
heavily influence a cat's strength, though mainly it just has to do with how easily a cat's gems
themselves can be damaged.
crystal felidae are also often found in family groups, however it's not uncommon to find felidae
in pairs, alone, or more rarely entire colonies. colonies are more commonly made up of cats
with weaker gems due to their tendency to scratch or crack said gems. Like domestic cats,

crystal felidae have strong, lightweight bones as their gems make up most their body weight.
they are usually muscular, in order to support themselves, and are very protective of their young
as a newbown kitten's gems are soft(again, think hedgehog) and could easily be damaged within
the first 24-72 hours of the felidae's life; resulting in a significantly weakened or possibly disabled
feline. claws often match the felidae's gem in strength(ie, talc would have soft claws and diamond
would have hard ones.)

it's very rare to find a felidae with more than one kind of gem, and crystals are even more rare.
felidae cannot have wings or "hair", and may only be found with natural coat colors and
mutations(ie; extra eye, two sets of ears, born with three limbs. these mutations are also rare.)

*species lore/base information is subject to change and become more organized

-- Rules --

1. no begging/bribing staff
2. please be respectful, don't complain, etc
3. you may currently own 5 adopts and 3 nursery felidae
(staff may own 7 adopts and 5 nursery)
4. you may win a cat once every 2 days
5. please do not spam adopts/any threads relating to the
species.
6. you may not trade/sell your felidae. only gift with my
direct permission.
7. i reserve the right to rehome any cats owned by banned