Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Kayrah Adoptables by TheCalicoTabby

Artist TheCalicoTabby [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
36 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kayrah Adoptables

Postby TheCalicoTabby » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:21 am

Welcome to Kayrah Adoptables!

Anyone who's known me here for a while might remember these guys; I created the kayrah species almost two years ago.
As you can see, I've decided to make them some new lines and start designing them again.
You can find their old thread here if you're curious, but keep in mind I'll only be keeping this thread up to date. Please post any questions or comments here.

*If you've adopted a kayrah from before, let me know and I can colour him/her in the new lines for you!*

Links:
Rules
How to Adopt
Kayrah Info
Adopted Kayrah
Other
Last edited by TheCalicoTabby on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheCalicoTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby TheCalicoTabby » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:21 am

Rules

Aside from the obvious (follow CS's rules, be polite, etc) there are a few rules you'll need to follow here.

• The kayrah species belongs to me. Please don't make your own without permission.
  • You can adopt up to two kayrah normally. Any more, and you'll have to prove you're using the ones I gave you,
    (Art, writing, etc.) or return one.
  • If you no longer want your kayrah, please return him/her to me.
  • Don't change your kayrah's design without permission. Kayrah don't wear accessories, so please don't add them.

I may add more rules later, so please check back here from time to time.
Last edited by TheCalicoTabby on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
TheCalicoTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How to Adopt

Postby TheCalicoTabby » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:22 am

How to Adopt

Want to adopt one? Read this to find out how. :)

~First, check the colour of the paw print in the corner of the drawing.

GREEN: The kayrah is up for adoption normally.
BLUE: The kayrah is up for adoption somewhere else. A link to where you go to adopt will be posted.
PURPLE: An unusual kayrah, usually with a rare mutation. You'll have to write about or draw the kayrah to adopt.
BLACK: The kayrah has already been adopted.
No paw print: The kayrah is a custom and not up for adoption.

~If the kayrah is up for (normal) adoption, fill out the form (which will be posted on the page of the adoptable as well as here).

~When there's been about 5 forms posted, I will use a random number generator to chose the winning form. I will post the winner on the kayrah's page and send them a PM.

~For unusual and other adoptions, read the rules on that kayrah's post.

Username: Your username.
Kayrah's name: What you'd name the kayrah.
Form number: The number of your post. If you're the first to post a form, put 1, (second, 2, third, 3, etc).
Have you read the rules?:

*Notes:

- I like to write a short description of the kayrah's personality for each adoptable, but you are free to change it.
- You cannot change your kayrah's gender without permission. Their design (mane colour specifically) depends on whether they're male or female, so the gender cannot be changed without changing the design.
Last edited by TheCalicoTabby on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
TheCalicoTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kayrah Info

Postby TheCalicoTabby » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:22 am

Kayrah Info

Here is the information I have on the kayrah as a species.
[[You don't have to read all this to adopt, but it's recommended.]]

Size:
Kayrah are generally 30-50 cm tall at the shoulder when standing straight, although they often crouch low. They are 50-60 cm long, not including their tail, which is often almost as long as their body. Male kayrah are slightly larger and stronger than females, while females are faster and often better climbers.

Habitat:
Kayrah prefer to live in thick forests, often near a source of water such as a stream. They can travel long distances in search of food and territory, but most prefer to settle down when they've found a safe place to live. They are very good climbers, but many dislike the trees, only escaping into the branches when confronted by danger. They prefer to live in borrows, although they are not very efficient diggers, and will usually enlarge a burrow abandoned by another animal or find a sheltered den under the roots of a tree or in the thickest, strongest undergrowth. Rarely, they use caves, although these are often too cold for young. A kayrah will have one to three well-hidden dens throughout their territory. These dens will usually contain a well-constructed nest of mosses, grass, and fur. Kayrah will only share their dens with their kits or mates, and even the closest friends and hunting partners sleep separately.

Diet:
The primary food source of most kayrah is rodents and birds, although they will often eat insects, roots, berries or fruits. Few kayrah fish, as they are not very skilled swimmers due to their mane.

Colouration:
Kayrah have very varied coats. The base colour is usually a neutral brown or grey, with an infinite variety of markings. They often have lighter toes and darker ear tips.

Males have more dark or contrasting manes, while females usually have manes the same or a similar colour to their bodies.

Their eyes can be any colour at all, but they are usually a yellow, orange or redish colour.
Blue or purple eyes are rare among kayrah, and are generally considered attractive.

Behaviours:
Kayrah kits are born in litters of two to three. The father will provide for the mother, but will tend to keep his distance while the kits are being raised. Only when they have been weaned at about two months will he begin to take a more active role in parenting, teaching his children to hunt, climb, hide and survive.

At two years old, they will have reached maturity. At this point, they will either stay with the family or leave to find territories of their own. This is usually determined by the food supply and the size of hunting group; kayrah rarely live in groups of more than five.

Kayrah are usually not very territorial--in fact, they often welcome newcomers. Unless food is scarce, in which case they will challenge all trespassers. An aggressive kayrah will raise its mane and lower its head, pointing its nose towards the ground. If they are confident, their ears will point forwards. A more scared or desperate kayrah's ears are more likely to be pressed flat. Conflicts are usually solved this way, with the smaller or weaker kayrah reconsidering its challenge and fleeing. The winning kayrah will not waste energy chasing them unless they choose to come back.

Kayrah can be domesticated if raised by humans, but most live in the wild.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by TheCalicoTabby on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheCalicoTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adopted Kayrah

Postby TheCalicoTabby » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:23 am

Adopted Kayrah

Note: These are only the kayrah that were adopted here or recoloured in these lines. Older kayrah will not be added unless their owner posts here.

-IzzyBee-
Kayleena ♀

bake4u
Labyrinth ♂

~SnowWolf~
Lily ♀

Tammanae
Penelo ♀

.:.Midnight Blue.:.
Shieka ♂
Last edited by TheCalicoTabby on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:12 am, edited 10 times in total.
TheCalicoTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Other

Postby TheCalicoTabby » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:23 am

Other

Here is where I'll post notes, art, and anything else that has to do with the kayrah. =3
TheCalicoTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kayrah Adoptables

Postby Neon Taile » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:16 am

(I hope I'm not cluttering this thread up. If I am I will try to delete this post)
You are an amazing drawer! I would like to adopt one when I can (the 2 there right now aren't up for adoptiong because of the black pawprint....correct? Or am I totally getting this wrong?), so basically I am mainly posting so I can check back here.
Thanks, Maddy.
hey! sorry, but i'm not really active on this site anymore. you can find me on my blog or tumblr instead if you like.
Neon Taile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheCalicoTabby » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:23 am

bookcat wrote:(I hope I'm not cluttering this thread up. If I am I will try to delete this post)
You are an amazing drawer! I would like to adopt one when I can (the 2 there right now aren't up for adoptiong because of the black pawprint....correct? Or am I totally getting this wrong?), so basically I am mainly posting so I can check back here.
Thanks, Maddy.

(No, you're free to post. =3)
And thanks! The two up right now are just examples--but you're right, the black paw print means they already have a home. I'll be posting new designs very soon, so keep an eye out for them!
TheCalicoTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nixie. » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:25 am

are you going to hire artist? i was just wondering
.~Oogie~.
~.:{Deviant art}:~.
Nixie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheCalicoTabby » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:51 am

evilnixie16 wrote:are you going to hire artist? i was just wondering

Maybe later, depending on how popular these are. At the moment I'm just planning on designing them myself.
TheCalicoTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me