Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Kalon #523 - Spotted Roses by tigressa

Based on Click to view
Artist tigressa [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 48 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
59 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #523 - Spotted Roses

Postby tigressa » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:58 am

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴋᴀʟᴏɴs? wrote:Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sapient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

Their shining tails are used for identification and showing off,
which is helpful when spotting another Kalon from afar. This
association with other Kalons is why they are head-over-heels
for any shiny or colorful item that they come across!

You have 24 hours, go wild,, there's no limits
Ends tomorrow (September 4th, 2016) @ 7:00 PM
The only rule is that all art goes to the winner
There is a 30 minute grace period after it ends so if your form is a little late, it's fine!

Edits -
uncommon edited ears, standard hair edits, standard edited shine, standard hair edit, common fur edits, uncommon slit pupils
Last edited by tigressa on Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
tigressa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #523 - Spotted Roses

Postby redhorizon » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:59 am

With every miracle,

There is a price.

WIP Still
Last edited by redhorizon on Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cuervo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:01 am

Name: Lolo (meaning, crazy)

Lolo lives with a family of three humans in Hawaii.;a mother, a father, and a little girl by the name of Kiki. (He has a laid-back temperament, and is tolerable to practically anything; however, he is a picky eater. Lolo is a bit lazy at times, and will only get off a pillow on the floor if Kiki says to do so. Being a kalon, he likes shiny objects, and has a stash of coins, lost earrings, pen caps, broken sea shells, you name it, in nooks and crannies around the house.
Last edited by Cuervo on Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
Cuervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the loveliest lies of all

Postby nah » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:04 am

"haha, no, i haven't cried yet, i promise i haven't. i swear!"

NAME ABARA LEESE GENDER V MALE

"yes, i know. little boys don't cry, they stand tall. i know."

"HOW ARE YOU TODAY, DAD?"

it was another shift today, so it was a routine to visit his grave first. mr. abara
cracked a small smile, his eyes set on a small tomb that'd been there for years.
his eyes drifted to the dirt in front of the grave, as he repeated a few words he
seemed to have memorized. "here lies agnes alexander leese, died of a small
infection that he just couldn't seem to get rid of."
his smile soon faded. shak-
ily, he pulled a rose off of his necklace, setting it on the grave. he forced a grin
again, pulling his tail up off the ground as he began to hum a tune. he trotted
to the next grave, another leese. once again, he took a rose, and set it on the
grave before continuing. the names changed as he went on, his grin always
slightly fading with a small sense of sadness. "ladadaduum," he began, making
sure to keep the tune as he went on. each grave was covered with a small amber
rose, making his necklace become more bare as he continued. "i know, i know,"
he stopped his little song, beginning to talk to himself. "i bring you the same li'l
thing,"
he laughed to himself, realizing his necklace was now completely gone.
"i'm sorry i can't do better, but i really do care. i hope you're all resting well,"
he giggled again, swishing his tail, bring up what looked like some fresh autumn
leaves. "yes, i won't forget to come back," he cooed to himself again. "i know
you all get lonely."
his ear cocked to the side. he brought his head down, softly
snorting. "dad, i haven't cried yet. i promised i won't, so did i with mom." his ---
grin came back, as he sat himself down, closing his eyes. "i know, i love you." an
eerie silence covered the graveyard as he sat there. it took him a minute before
he took a deep breath, continuing the song. he wouldn't forget. he promised.

"I KNOW, I'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW."
H E PROMISED H E'D N E V E R FORGET THEIR F L O W E R S
Last edited by nah on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
nah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

bye bye baby blue

Postby vympyre » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:04 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
name. marius casimir .... gender. cis male ..... age. 22 human years .... playlist. here

if you travel far enough through the rolling hills of france, you may find a kingdom, tuck
ed away from the rest of society. in this kingdom, the townspeople are all likely to have
the same kalon on their mind; their beloved prince, marius casimir. the prince marius is
just as much popular as he is shrouded around shadowed mystery. the young , handsome
kalon has actually only been seen out of the castle a few times. it is said that marius spe
nds most of his time in his study, reading or writing poetry, or other forms of text. most
of the townsfolk have not even seen their beloved prince before, only going off of stories
that wealthy partygoers have passed down after attending one of his extravagant dances,
telling tales of his charming aura and the pride in his gleaming eyes as he flaunts over his
prized rose garden. to the people of his kingdom, marius casimir was the perfect prince..
but to marius casimir himself, he was anything but.

quick-witted | intelligent | calm | charming | whimsical | creative | poetic | narcissistic

marius was a troubled young kalon with a cool, easygoing exterior. he loved reading, esp
ecially poetry, to a point where all he would do some days was read endless poems, lock
ed in his study the entire day. in the time that he doesnt spend reading or writing, marius
is a gardener to be marvelled. his garden is known throughout france as one of the most
well cared for and most aesthetically pleasing in the country. his wonderfully woven writ
ing skills and gardening expertise tends to sometimes get to the young prince's head, mak
ing him a bit narcissistic at times. however, this does not mean marius does not have his
fair share of self-doubt. with his father's passing looming overhead, marius realizes, quite
suddenly, that he has no clue how to run a kingdom, neither does he have interest in doing
so. as this realization overtook his thoughts, the kalon locked himself furthur into the cast
le, only appearing to the public for social events such as ballroom dances or feasts. by then,
he has pulled in enough confidence to successfully socialize with any kalon he meets, chat
ting on about his beloved garden, or the stories and poems he plans to write. on these nights,
the prince marius casimir seems to be a completely different person. he is proud, compass
ionate, and ambitious toward anyone he meets, yet after the party is over, when marius re
treas back to his study or chambers, he takes company and comfort only in his roses or his
novels. marius takes great precautions to ensure the kingdom is unaware of his overly intro
verted actions, unaware that they would likely still love him just the same. ............ xo

.............................Image
ℓικɛƨ..
... ✓ poetry
...... edgar allan poe, shakespeare, ect
... ✓ gardening
... ✓ writing
... ✓ dancing
... ✓ his poetry book
... ✓ instruments
...... piano, violin, harp

∂ιƨℓικɛƨ..
... ☓ economics
... ☓ bugs
... ☓ leading
... ☓ competition

" we know what we are , but know not what we may be " ..... ━william shakespeare

it's only natural that marius' parents, the king and queen of the kingdom, were constantly
busy with internal and international affairs alike. as a result, marius rarely was able to sp
eak to his parents, instead spending his time with his personal teacher. his personal teach
er, adonet, was more like a foster parent than a trainer. they were extremely close, and
on more than one occasion, adonet allowed marius to ignore his academic and economic
studies, instead teaching him the arts; dancing, writing, playing instruments, and even gar
dening, marius learned from adonet. when marius' mother passed to a flu that had shook
the entire kingdom, adonet did not require marius to learn anything academic, instead sh
owing marius a space on the castle grounds that he could start his own garden. the two of
them poured their heart and soul into the garden from that point on, creating an area that
felt like a whole other world entirely, and perhaps that was the purpose. when adonet and
marius gardened together, they no longer felt like a prince and his teacher, but instead a
pair of friends; family, even. their garden became the marvel of the kingdom, and even of
the entire country, but marius alone was allowed to take credit, having to leave adonet out
of the praise on account of him being a servant. being the humble kalon that he was, howe
ver, adonet didnt mind, only smiling at marius all the same as the young prince received
praise for his craftmanship. as marius grew to the age of eighteen, the work on their garden
slowed, and instead marius and adonet would lounge on a bench in the middle of their giant
garden, and adonet would read poetry to marius from his beloved, beat up old book. at nine-
teen, marius began writing his own poetry, at first in order to please adonet, though it soon
became one of his favorite hobbies. however, during the winter of marius' nineteenth year,
a sickness spread throughout the kingdom, taking many lives with it, including adonet's own
aging life. heartbroken, marius demanded that the castle give adonet a grand funeral in the
center of their glorious garden. at the site of the funeral, the most if not all the flowers in
their garden were dead due to the shriveling cold of winter. marius felt it was fitting. for
seasons, the prince locked himself in his room, refusing to tend to his wilting garden, and le
aving his poetry and writings to collect dust. one day, however, when he was moping around
his old study, he discovered adonet's beloved book of poetry among scattered papers. smiling,
the prince collected the small, worn out book, tucking it into his coat. afterwards, marius
began to slowly become more active once more, tending to his garden and bringing it back
to its award-winning status, and writing so much his hands would ache each night before bed.
the young kalon always kept adonet's book of poetry on his person, finding comfort and inspi
ration in the shabby object. at twenty two, marius still clung to the book, still tended to his
garden, and continued to write and read poetry. he would not allow himself to neglect his &
adonet's creations ever again, and now considers them his top priority and pride. ......... xo

" they who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape
those who dream only by night. " ....... ━edgar allan poe

the ballroom chandeliers shined a dull light over the partygoers as they anxiously awaited
the arrival of their beloved prince. the lights dimmed impossibly darker than their neutral
candle-lit tone, as marius descended quickly down the large staircase into the crowd of
excited wealthy citizens. his father had held him back a few moments prior, explaining th
e necessity of dances, and finding a suitable mate among the selection of wealthy young
kalons. however, marius often devoid of romantic attraction when, and it became especia
lly apparent when he confronted the dreamy eyed kalons begging to waltz with him. his
father assured him that he had just not yet found the right kalon, or that he just did not re
alize what love felt like; but marius knew what love felt like. after all, he loved his garden,
and his poetry. he explained as much to his father. still, the king insisted he find a mate,
for the betterment of the kingdom, and to that marius had to reluctantly agree. so again,
for what felt like the millionth time, marius spent the night dancing and chatting lightly
with other kalons his age, starry eyed females and pink-cheeked males, flirting and chat
ting mindlessly, but he still felt no attraction, no love. as he danced, marius continuously
glanced over to his garden through the giant wall-tall windows. on a moment of impulse,
marius snuck away from the party and retreated down a small pathway that lead to a ben
ch area in the garden. as he walked, he pulled out his book of poetry, clearing his throat
quietly as he carefully walked down the path. "shall i compare thee to a summer's day?",
the prince recited from the book, continuing on as he curled up on the metal bench in the
small clearing, "thou art more lovely and more temperate.." he continued on reading soft
ly to himself, until the moon rose higher in the sky and the noise from the nearby ballroom
died down to nothing. he felt much calmer, away from all the adoring, expecting gazes
and fake little grins of wealthy strangers. even as he heard the tell-tale footsteps of an app
roaching servant, marius continued to read gently to himself, until the very last moment th
at the servant spoke up. "sire, your father is looking for you.. im afraid he is not the most
cheerful at the moment". marius expected this, knowing he must have disappointed his fath
er in once more failing to find a suitable partner. but he felt the night only proved that he
was right; he loved his poetry and his garden, much more than he could love any other kalon.

" unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality. " ....... ━emily dickinson

..................................art credits.............................
..................................x by littlelies.
..................................x by me
..................................x by me

..................................coding by me
..................................story by me

i wishu adonet didn’t have to heccing die -littlelies
Last edited by vympyre on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
vympyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

to this day

Postby naumachy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:15 am

chromesthesia
chro·mes·the·sia (krō'měs-thē'zhə) n.
a condition in which another sensation, such as taste or smell, is stimulated by the perception of color.

name; marian
gender; female
information; marian is a kind kalon. she's often overlooked as people speed by and she's stuck in an endless revolving door of all work, no sleep. though her coat is thick, her hands still quiver with a feeling she can't seem to shake off as she weaves a few more flowers together every night. her thoughts are not spoken aloud, rather tucked into yellowed book pages and between the strings of her violin. maybe someday, someone will find them.

it started in first grade, when the teacher told her math problems didn't have colors.

"but everything does," marian sputtered, sure of herself. the teacher assured her only colors, well, had colors.

"of course not," marian continued. "johnny's voice is blue when he's mad. the ac is red, and-" her voice caught as she pleaded, shifting in her seat. why didn't the teacher understand? it had always been this way.

nonetheless, she went home with a note to her parents entailing her childish behavior and a handful of giggles when she turned her back to her classmates. from then on she was not just marian- she was marian the freak, marian this and marian that. she stuffed the opinions and passions she desperately wanted to speak in the back of a box in her mind, warning "do not open". she was an abandoned manuscript chanting between the lines of faded words like "names will never hurt me." she'd been told all her life that her senses were criss-crossed and that wasn't right. she wasn't right.

her mind was full of bleeding notes but she never showed it; only through her music would she show anything. she had emptied herself to feel nothing- once upon a time she spent the dark hours trying to write, but the words never sounded like her. sometimes when everyone was asleep she'd pick up her violin and hesitantly lower the bow to the g string and close her eyes; orange would blossom in the space behind her eyelids, a cacophony of colors and sounds and her.

we stem from a root planted in the belief that we are not what we were called

marian began to work at a flower shoppe at the age of fifteen. she was given a job that wasn't quite a job- she was sure it was out of pity, but she didn't mind. for hours every weekday, she would sit in the back of the shoppe and watch over the hybrid roses. their peculiar patchwork colors reminded her of herself; sometimes marian was given the cast-off flowers, the ones who weren't quite pretty enough. she would take them home and press them between leather-bound books or weave them into necklaces. the hodgepodge flowers almost give her a sense of comfort- as her hands quiver and the people speed by without a passing glance, marian appreciates something that's just a little bit like herself.
heavily inspired by x
all art by me

Last edited by naumachy on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:46 am, edited 10 times in total.
naumachy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WanSham » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:15 am

Mark
WanSham

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbit » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:18 am

res!!

-- lives in bali
Image News BoxImage wrote:Avatar by Nishipu
Kalons
Art in signature by me (below) and Studiomaz (TH)!
Image Links Image wrote: Wife | Princess | Mont | Cinnamon Roll
Image Art Image wrote:

Click the above for my Kalons!
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me