We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openings?

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Should we have bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 am

Yes - increase pound size to 1800 pets and open 1.7 times per day
35%
No - keep pound size at 1300 pets and open 2.4 times per day
65%

Total votes : 3234

Re: We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openi

Postby Omiyage » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:32 pm

I voted to keep it as it is because timezones are a thing. I'd prefer to let people from everywhere have a chance to adopt a cool pet from the pound.
Random music I change every few days: ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ
Icon Credit โœง Greyscale Collection โœง Souvenirs
Note to self: ใ€‚ ยฐ
Thank you to those who have so kindly gifted/traded me. ^^
ImageใŠๅœŸ็”ฃImage
Omiyage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunaLate » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am

LunaLate wrote:Looking thru the pet group for the next pound opening, I realized that there are many more recent pets than normal. I almost every day check the upcoming pound pet group, for about the last 6 months, and Iโ€™ve noticed a change in the last week or so. There are normally more new pets in there after events but this is so different now I actually think they changed the ratios somehow. HALF of the upcoming pound is fulled with pets from the last 2 1/2 years. Only 400 or so are from before 2018. I donโ€™t have any numbers for how many used to be in there from before, but it has never been this lopsided before.

Not very many people saw this the first time I posted it but Iโ€™m sure theyโ€™re showing less older pets than they used to.
LunaLate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leekie » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:15 am

1800 1.7 times a day is less than 1300 2.4 times a day
leekie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kl0wnJ0k3s » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:45 am

I know I'm new but it seems the lost and found is always open and the pound for me only opens once a day and that's legit between 10pm to 11pm central standard time. I've been on practically all day and have noticed the pound only opens once for me and that's when I need to sleep. Are there other users in Central Standard time that sees this? Or is it just me?
Scene โ€ข Adult โ€ข Nonbinary
Joined April 16, 2024
free customs

Kl0wnJ0k3s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avaloafe » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:29 am

ฯšรงาฝีฒาฝ าจีดาฝาฝีฒ wrote:I know I'm new but it seems the lost and found is always open and the pound for me only opens once a day and that's legit between 10pm to 11pm central standard time. I've been on practically all day and have noticed the pound only opens once for me and that's when I need to sleep. Are there other users in Central Standard time that sees this? Or is it just me?

The pound actually was the only thing that opened the past two days. It opened a total of 11 times in a row since the 15th.
      no signature for u
avaloafe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 am

Omiyage wrote:

I voted to keep it as it is because timezones are a thing. I'd prefer to let people from everywhere have a chance to adopt a cool pet from the pound.

This is my line of thinking too!
โ”€โ”€-โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ raven|she|adult โž
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€-โ”€โ”€
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆ
โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
โ hi! iโ€™m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!
โž

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆ
โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
โ”€โ”€-โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โcoding credit pascal
collection dreamโž

ImageImageImage
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€-โ”€โ”€
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buster2918 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:58 am

Buster2918 wrote:
Lemon Bark wrote:Staff, can we get more posts/polls on different ideas for the pound? It seems like this thread has deviated pretty far from the question asked and more threads might be helpful for keeping posts on subject.

I agree and would also request this if possible. ^

Just another reminder that the pound is not just about getting rares and we are not owed one. The point is to get a free pet, so not getting a rare pet is not the end of the world and the pound is functioning as it should, people are just getting unbelievably disappointed because they happen to have a bad bout of luck.

Darkcloud! wrote:Why do people keep insisting that users are saying they are "owed rares" when the actual posts from other users are about the chance to click on one/see one at all on their page over the course of a pound open, and the disparity between those who have the means for faster internet connection, spare time, and a desktop computer and those who don't, and how it could be addressed.

Genuinely curious as to why the words keep getting turned into trying to make users sound ungrateful and demanding and to dismiss the valid concerns of people brought up around this just being a band-aid on the wider issue of openings that disproportionately distribute pets.

Hi, sorry I was offline for a while doing irl stuff but now I can respond and hopefully clear up anything for you. People keep bringing up an issue that is not meant for this, and that is that they do not often see rares, let alone get one. The thread is about how often the pound should open and what changes can be made to alleviate the pound closing in an instant, more pets or more openings throughout the day to make up for quick pound runs. A lot of what I see is just people complaining that they do not get a rare pet. That's tough, trust me I know, but it happens to all of us. RNG does not care about fairness and making sure everyone sees a rare on their page, that is why it is RNG...

(I should also mention that slow internet, availability to check CS, and owning mobile/desktop is not CS's problem, it is the user's situation, which CS cannot control. I would only blame them for website lag as that is in their control and their responsibility to address and manage.)
x
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
xxxxxx๐šœ๐š‘๐šŽ/๐š‘๐šŽ๐š›
Imagexxxxx๐šŠ๐š๐šž๐š•๐šxxxxImage
xxxxxx๐š๐š•๐š˜๐š›๐š’๐š๐šŠ
โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•x

x
โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข
xโ—ค โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ โ—ฅ
xxxxxx.๐™ท๐šŽ๐š•๐š•๐š˜! ๐™ธ'๐š– ๐šŠ๐š— ๐šŠ๐šœ๐š™๐š’๐š›๐š’๐š—๐š
xx๐šŒ๐šข๐š‹๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ๐šŽ๐šŒ๐šž๐š›๐š’๐š๐šข ๐šŠ๐š—๐šŠ๐š•๐šข๐šœ๐š ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐šŠ
xxxx๐š•๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜๐š› ๐š–๐šข ๐š™๐šŽ๐š๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š‚.๐™พ. ๐Ÿ’œ

xโ—ฃ โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ โ—ข
xxxxxxxxxxxxImagexxยฉxxImage
Buster2918

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby virtualghost » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:44 am

Fellefan wrote:in my opinion the main "problem" with the pound is that we can see what pets will be available in the next opening. when people spot a high value pet in the upcoming opening alerts are sent out and a lot of people show up making the pound incredibly slow, making it almost impossible for us with slow internet to catch anything good. I don't think increasing the size is going to change this, but making adjustments so NO pets in the pound are visible until it opens would at least do something.

You can see what pets are coming up??? Iโ€™m on Mobile most the time so maybe thatโ€™s not feature on here but how can you see what pets are coming up on the next opening?
virtualghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:54 am

virtualghost wrote:
Fellefan wrote:in my opinion the main "problem" with the pound is that we can see what pets will be available in the next opening. when people spot a high value pet in the upcoming opening alerts are sent out and a lot of people show up making the pound incredibly slow, making it almost impossible for us with slow internet to catch anything good. I don't think increasing the size is going to change this, but making adjustments so NO pets in the pound are visible until it opens would at least do something.

You can see what pets are coming up??? Iโ€™m on Mobile most the time so maybe thatโ€™s not feature on here but how can you see what pets are coming up on the next opening?

I access it by going to the trade where the pound gave me the pet I adopted, click on the poundโ€™s pets, and you can see what will be released next
Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2887
โ raven|she|adult โž
โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
โ hi! iโ€™m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!
โž

โ”€โ”€-โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โcoding credit pascal
collection dreamโž

ImageImageImage
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunarsnow » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:56 am

ฯšรงาฝีฒาฝ าจีดาฝาฝีฒ wrote:I know I'm new but it seems the lost and found is always open and the pound for me only opens once a day and that's legit between 10pm to 11pm central standard time. I've been on practically all day and have noticed the pound only opens once for me and that's when I need to sleep. Are there other users in Central Standard time that sees this? Or is it just me?

I'm also in central and yeah, I've noticed the past few days the pound is opening after 10pm. Granted, I'm not on all day so I don't know when it's opening in the morning, but I haven't made it to a pound since April 5th. I'm not online for hours straight, but I do visit every day every so often between 2:30pm and 8pm central either to see if the pound is open or look for trades. Usually when I get home around this time, I feel like the Lost and Found is always open. And oh. Look at that, it's open again lmao

I don't usually adopt from the lost and found so I have less of a record of when it's been open for me but yeah, I feel like every time I check for the pound, the lost and found is open, or is about to open in an hour or two.
Random cat spotlight <3
Lunarsnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me