your most niche/"weird" \interests

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

your most niche/"weird" \interests

Postby moethman » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:34 am

gather one, gather all, for people with weirdly specific interests that its hard to find other fans for because the average person has either never heard of this thing or has never considered them as an actual interest.

for me, my most niche interests are hazmat suits, gas masks, other forms of PPE, OSHA [yes, the american government organization, im dead serious, no i dont work for them, read the OSHA guidelines get unionized etc.], and GIFs [not necessarily too niche on paper, but i like them more than the average layman]. i also have a much more minor interest in forklifts, cat genetics [not also necessarily too niche on paper, its a whole field of study, but i still wanted to count it], and nuclear radiation. can you tell im autistic LOL
hi. im jay/mothman/lurker. it/he/they + neopronouns. i've been here since 2021 but because i rarely touch this site i dont know how anything works. i am autistic and i think being weirdly intense and over the top is really funny, so i may sound "odd"
moethman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: your most niche/"weird" \interests

Postby Cheyezzz » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:39 am

i guess mine would either be khonjin house or at least there is ceda cedovic, the khonjin house fandom is pretty much dead and the ceda cedovic fandom is relatively nonexistent and the game is pretty obscure, kinda sucks that two things i like are barely relevant nowadays but i love em anyways
Cheye Bigender She/her + he/him

Art by cara-carabowditbowdit
Cheyezzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BoringBread » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:43 am

It's probably my love for small glass/porcelain figures of chickens. Only chickens, not really a fan of others, and refuse to collect any other bird figures even though I love all birds, not just chickens. I even have one of a hen and a chick that's a piggy bank that says "chicken fund" on the side!

I'm the same way about gifs too. I love them and use them whenever possible.

I love studying surgeries, treatments, diseases, and such that are specific to birds. (I'm studying to become a vet specializing in avian care for a reason LOL)

Can you tell I'm autistic as well?
ImageImage
Lyle - He/Him - Adult
Artist who loves birds and has 2 pet garter snakes
Feel free to trade or pm me! <3
x | x | x
BoringBread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluekittyhorse » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:59 am

Here's some of mine

Media:
•Aurora Cycle
•The Worldquake Sequence
•Math Blaster
•Cyberchase

Objects:
•Glass figurines smaller than half an inch
•Sculptures made of hot glue
•Hand-made rings
•Rib cages and skulls (especially rib cages)
•Custom card decks and card games
•Card decks/games with unusual art and themes
Bluekittyhorse
~Common nickname is Blue
~She/Her
~Aegoromantic Aegosexual
~Artist and Writer
~A part of a lot of different fandoms

Bluekittyhorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moethman » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:29 am

Bluekittyhorse wrote:Here's some of mine

Media:
•Aurora Cycle
•The Worldquake Sequence
•Math Blaster
•Cyberchase

Objects:
•Glass figurines smaller than half an inch
•Sculptures made of hot glue
•Hand-made rings
•Rib cages and skulls (especially rib cages)
•Custom card decks and card games
•Card decks/games with unusual art and themes

that sounds so cool.... id love to see your collections of objects

BoringBread wrote:It's probably my love for small glass/porcelain figures of chickens. Only chickens, not really a fan of others, and refuse to collect any other bird figures even though I love all birds, not just chickens. I even have one of a hen and a chick that's a piggy bank that says "chicken fund" on the side!

I'm the same way about gifs too. I love them and use them whenever possible.

I love studying surgeries, treatments, diseases, and such that are specific to birds. (I'm studying to become a vet specializing in avian care for a reason LOL)

Can you tell I'm autistic as well?

autistic GIF lover gang. the chicken fund figurine sounds so silly

Cheyezzz wrote:i guess mine would either be khonjin house or at least there is ceda cedovic, the khonjin house fandom is pretty much dead and the ceda cedovic fandom is relatively nonexistent and the game is pretty obscure, kinda sucks that two things i like are barely relevant nowadays but i love em anyways

hey, khonjin house! i know several fans of it and i did briefly try to get into it, though i havent thought about it in some time...
hi. im jay/mothman/lurker. it/he/they + neopronouns. i've been here since 2021 but because i rarely touch this site i dont know how anything works. i am autistic and i think being weirdly intense and over the top is really funny, so i may sound "odd"
moethman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweetsakura » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:31 am

i'm super into reptile & exotic animal care and husbandry! i breed snakes myself.

i also have a big true crime genre obsession..

apart from that i am a huge softie and love collecting squishmallow cows.
x

Image "𝚜 𝚊 𝚔 𝚞 𝚛 𝚊"
𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚎𝚛 --- 𝚜𝚑𝚎/𝚑𝚎𝚛 ---
𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚍 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚜

𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚛
𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 | 𝚊𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚝

hey i'm sakura. feel free
to talk if you feel lonely c:
x
charactersmy scaly babies
sweetsakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cade_ion » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:35 am

One of my special interests since like 2020 has been dead/abandoned malls and it’s so hard to find anyone else interested in it but idk I think it’s pretty cool! I mostly like researching and documenting them (especially ones in my state or ones I have actually visited or seen before) and just looking at photos and videos of them and finding it really interesting! That’s also kinda merged into being interested in abandoned retail too (they kinda go hand in hand tbh)
ImageImageImage
─────────────────}{────────────────
Cade/Link | He/It | Adult | Therian
Hai!! I'm pretty active here ^^
I’m a CSDS Mod and editor for the CSN!
Feel free to message be about art, trades, and more :3
Click the plushie above to view my mini site!
gallery | trade info | Image | Image | art shop | off-acount
───────────}Image{──────────
©
Cade_ion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cheyezzz » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:56 am

moethman wrote:
Cheyezzz wrote:i guess mine would either be khonjin house or at least there is ceda cedovic, the khonjin house fandom is pretty much dead and the ceda cedovic fandom is relatively nonexistent and the game is pretty obscure, kinda sucks that two things i like are barely relevant nowadays but i love em anyways

hey, khonjin house! i know several fans of it and i did briefly try to get into it, though i havent thought about it in some time...

frothing at the mouth rn i am so desperate to find others that like khonjin house tell me who they are right now /j
Cheye Bigender She/her + he/him

Art by cara-carabowditbowdit
Cheyezzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OrionOffbeat » Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:32 pm

It's hard to say since everyone has a different idea of what 'niche' is - I would often say cryptozoology in response to this question, but obviously in many spaces, that's a very common interest! But let's see...

~*~

GAMES:
- Lost Ember
- When The Night Comes
- Hustle Cat
- Cozy Grove
- The Wolf Among Us

MOVIES/TV:
- Vicious Fun (movie)
- Inkheart (yes,the movie, but the books too)
- Eragon (y e s, also the movie and the books too lol)
- The Inside (TV show)
- My Bodyguard (movie)
- Wynonna Earp (TV show)
- Constantine (the TV show)
- Galavant (TV show; rest in peace *sobs*)
- The Luck of the Irish (movie)

CHARACTERS:
- Eli The Devi (Xena: The Warrior Princess)
- Cain (Supernatural)
- Max (The Cleansing Hour; also an obscure film)
- The Rowdy 3 (Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency; also an underrated show)

MUSICIANS/BANDS:
- The Narcissist Cookbook
- Seb Lowe
- Bug Hunter
- Onsind
- Hyphen

IN GENERAL/HOBBIES/INTERESTS:
- names; like, everything about them; from a young age I would check out baby name books at the library, and it never really stopped
- character creation; sure, everybody enjoys it but nine times out of ten I spend more time creating characters in the books i write or the games I play than I do actually playing or writing

There's probably more I'm forgetting, but I'm getting tired so I'll probably just come back later haha
My little brother is dublinrover11 so we might trade unfairly sometimes. Or appear to bully each other. I promise we're joking, please don't ban us. 😂
OrionOffbeat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IHaveHooves » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:59 am

My weirdest interest would have to be ball jointed dolls. It's not super niche because there are a couple conventions for it, plenty of online spaces, and there is content. But most of the time if i meet someone new irl or bring a doll out in public I have to explain what it is or the person asking hasn't heard of them. It's also a very expensive hobby so it's a bit harder to get into.

As of writing this I have around 14 dolls.

In my current collection:
- 3 Fairyland Minifees (sculpts: Miwa, Iset, and Sylvia)
- Fairyland Feeple60 Erda
-Fairyland Fairyline Chloe on a Centaur body (still waiting on this doll to be made and shipped.)
-Resinsoul Mi
-Doll chateau Sharon
-Doll Chateau Jupiter
-Impldoll Zona (although she lives in her box as i havent gotten around to selling or trading her yet.)

The rest technically aren't ball jointed dolls but they do occupy the same hobby space:
-Smartdoll Genesis
-2 Angelphilia dolls (sculpt/company names: emma, and ellie)
-2 Custom dollfie dream dolls
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Non-binary, they/them

Curious about the dolls?
Feel free to pm me!

IHaveHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups