Improvements to item trading

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Improvements to item trading

Postby Nicnova » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:05 am

Startedraining wrote:
kitsuwn wrote:
Chelsearice123 wrote:I like this, something I wish would happen in the future is the items having rarities and dates. Would make trading items alot easier πŸ™ƒ

i feel like rarities would be really hard to implement, but dates would be super helpful underneath them!

dates would be SO nice especially to give those smaller items some breathing room lol

dates would be amazing, I have a hard time remembering where items are from when someone sends me a trade.
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–Œ
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–Œ
───────────────────────────────
( ❝This world is made of...love and peace!❞ οΌ‰
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€ [ ✰ ] ─┐
Hi! I'm Nico, feel free to message me
if you have any CS questions.
FR - Auction - trade? - Β©
└─ [ ✰ ] β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

────────────────────────────
β€·. WANTED: VASH THE STAMPEDE β†’
────────────────────────────
DEAD or ALIVE
𝟞𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘.𝟘𝟘 $$

━━━━━━━━━━━--β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆ β”ˆ β”ˆ ‴︎
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
Nicnova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShireX » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:49 am

The update is AMAZING, thank you!

"Angel, I would steal the rainbow, soak up all your sorrows..."

"Humans. Your griefs, your pains, fix you to moments in the past long gone. You're like butterflies with your wings pinned." -Q
ShireX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheUnknown » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:53 am

Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart thank you
After doing a 15k item trade before and being scared something would cancel- yeah thank you :D

~The Candle Collector~
I collect candles!
so uh,, trade me candles?
please?

Total candle count: 30.000

May the winds bless your travels!
TheUnknown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:00 am

kitsuwn wrote:
Chelsearice123 wrote:I like this, something I wish would happen in the future is the items having rarities and dates. Would make trading items alot easier πŸ™ƒ

i feel like rarities would be really hard to implement, but dates would be super helpful underneath them!

Items would really have to have their own rarity systems. They don't quite compare to pet rarities considering there are some much more common than OMGSC and OMGSR would start to lose its validity as there's a lot of older items that would fall into that too.

I am very happy about the changes, but I also hope there's a way to add two more radio buttons for pets and items: One for any pets or any items. I have a group of pets that I would be interested in seeing any item offer, not just wishlist.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:17 am

This is very-very neat..., excellent Work, @Nick, and a Big-Big Thanks, of course...! :D

Not mentioned in the OP, but the "Add Items" Button is also not displayed anymore when sbd has their Item Trade Settings set to "Nobody", as had been asked in this "Remove "Add Items" on Trades" Sugg..., Thanks also for that...! :D

Everything looks very neat, and very useful of course, current Settings are automatically taken over very neatly, I only found one mini-Bug/Omission (until now, ah-ah...!):
- The "On your wishlist" Star/Info is missing for Items retrieved from the "Search" Tab. :( :oops: :shock:

+ The "On your wishlist" Star was "maybe" not really needed for Items on the "Items on your wishlist" Tab, as we already "know" that all Items displayed on this Tab will of course all be on our WL...! :P
And that also generates some (extra) vertical Scrolling, as I previously nearly always managed to display the 30 Items per Page on just one Screen, now 4 Rows of 9 Items max don't fit anymore...
On the other hand, now all/most Items have a fixed Pacing thanks/due to the "On your wishlist", which is quite nice actually, especially for "small" Items. (And I have another Monitor which can display up to 12 Items per Row, so it only needs 3 Rows for the 30 Items...)

>>>

Next "Steps": :P ;)
- When opening the "Search" Tab, have the Focus go "directly" into the Input Field... (without having to first click inside that Field to activate it before we can start typing in it..., but 'Tab' Key once works also...) :idea:
- Add a 'Maximize' + a 'Resize' Buttons next to the 'Close' (X) Button. :idea:
- Add a 'Close' Button at the Bottom-Links on the Page Navig Bar like on the "Add Pets" Page. :idea:
- Make the "Add Items" Window/Popup "remember" its Size and Position after close/reopen, especially within one same Trade... :idea:
- Implement the "Auto-Edit" Functionality when Items are not available anymore for Pets also, like suggested in this Sugg: "Re: Resending autocancelled trade". :idea:
- Update the Copyright Info on the Site to "2022"... :P
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lotusmoon9 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:25 am

omg!!! what an awesome update! thank you so much!!!!!

"I'm the one I should love in this world." ~ Epiphany by Kim Seokjin

lotusmoon9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wayhaught » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:41 am

thank you!!!! these are so awesome.

wayhaught - she/her - born january 9th
bibliophile - seahawks fan - capricorn
all about me
trade me
join the discord
stream wynonna earp on netflix <3

avatar: thedarkshadow123 / signature: avi-the-avenger
wayhaught

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lacke » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:49 am

aaaa this is a really great update, thank you nick!!! <3
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GlitchyOddy » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:44 am

This update is fantastic!! Thank you so much
GlitchyOddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:47 am

As someone who is obsessed with items, thank you so much! I especially love the changes to how trades that can’t be completed due to lack of items are handled.
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me