What is Your Current Job? (Or volunteer position)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

fav marvel show

Agents of Shield (AOS)
13%
FATWS/Hawkeye
4%
WV
10%
Daredevil/Punisher/Defenders
16%
Luke Cage/Jessica Jones
3%
Moonknight
28%
Other
27%

Total votes : 101

What is Your Current Job? (Or volunteer position)

Postby deadroses. » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Use this topic to share/talk about your current job, volunteer position, and/or college major!

who knows, you could inspire someone or help someone pick their college major

currently getting my bachelors in econ + minor in anthro

i used to be a manager at a gelato shop + volunteer at a ranch in Arizona. i mucked stalls, fill waters, feed, take the horses to turn out, help with vet care, tack up/groom horses, & help with little kid lessons

im also an actress : )

(AOS is the only correct answer to the poll Q)
Last edited by deadroses. on Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:36 pm, edited 13 times in total.
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
F1, noah kahan, camus, hozier, AM, grishaverse, marvel AOS, young royals, p!@td, palaye royale
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What is Your Current Job?

Postby deadroses. » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:28 pm

saved
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
F1, noah kahan, camus, hozier, AM, grishaverse, marvel AOS, young royals, p!@td, palaye royale
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:33 pm

up
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightjar » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:52 pm

I volunteer with a local wildlife education group and animal rehab where I get to work with some incredible species including a variety of birds of prey and reptiles (like red-tailed hawks and Pacific rattlesnakes). It is a rewarding experience that allows me to help others learn more about native wildlife.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxhey there, i'm nightjar!
xxxxthey/them.||.INTP
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxx|| artshop || th || portfolio ||
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxjust .

daydreamer
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxx“𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓮𝓮𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮
xxx𝓫𝓮𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼
xxxxxxxx𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷
xxx𝓽𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓸𝓻 𝓭𝓪𝔀𝓷
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
nightjar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nunavik » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:10 pm

I currently work as a server to make quick, easy money to pay for my car and livelihood while going through college.

However, I just recently applied to a receptionist position at a local animal hospital. They do cross-training so if I get this job, I'll be able to train under my vet as a vet tech, which will eventually help me get into vet school through recommendations and experience in an animal hospital. Pretty cool stuff! :D

What a small world though! I've heard of TRAK. When I applied to UoA, I had someone I knew from horse-riding that went there to volunteer. He recommended I volunteer there if I moved, but I never did. How cool!
" said your friends didn't
want ya but i swear i do "

─────────────────────
cze 🌿 she/her 🌵 adult
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:42 pm

Nunavik wrote:
    I currently work as a server to make quick, easy money to pay for my car and livelihood while going through college.

However, I just recently applied to a receptionist position at a local animal hospital. They do cross-training so if I get this job, I'll be able to train under my vet as a vet tech, which will eventually help me get into vet school through recommendations and experience in an animal hospital. Pretty cool stuff! :D

What a small world though! I've heard of TRAK. When I applied to UoA, I had someone I knew from horse-riding that went there to volunteer. He recommended I volunteer there if I moved, but I never did. How cool!

oh that’s so cool! i really enjoy it, it’s hard work but it’s fufilling!
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:43 pm

Autumn Fire wrote:I volunteer with a local wildlife education group and animal rehab where I get to work with some incredible species including a variety of birds of prey and reptiles (like red-tailed hawks and Pacific rattlesnakes). It is a rewarding experience that allows me to help others learn more about native wildlife.

omg volunteering to help rehab animals sounds so fun
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nunavik » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:26 pm

deadroses. wrote:oh that’s so cool! i really enjoy it, it’s hard work but it’s fufilling!

I bet! I volunteered for someone I used to take lessons with. Backbreaking work, but it's sooo worth it. I love working around horses although I've definitely moved away from that. I think I prefer riding every once in a while versus working with them, LOL. I've gotten more involved with marine life and reptiles now. I'm still having a hard time deciding if I want to work as a marine vet or specialize in reptiles like snakes as there are so few vets who deal with them, specifically more venomous reptiles.

─────────────────────
cze 🌿 she/her 🌵 adult
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightjar » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:40 pm

deadroses. wrote:omg volunteering to help rehab animals sounds so fun

It's definitely a lot of fun! It is a little troubling at times since where I live there are so many restrictions on which animals can be saved and released, but aside from this the experience is valuable

Nunavik wrote:
    I bet! I volunteered for someone I used to take lessons with. Backbreaking work, but it's sooo worth it. I love working around horses although I've definitely moved away from that. I think I prefer riding every once in a while versus working with them, LOL. I've gotten more involved with marine life and reptiles now. I'm still having a hard time deciding if I want to work as a marine vet or specialize in reptiles like snakes as there are so few vets who deal with them, specifically more venomous reptiles.

Ah we do need more reptile vets! And working with venomous is awesome! Of course there are safety precautions, but that makes the experience far more unique. Something about the way venomous species act compared to non venomous is fascinating and incredible to observe in a contained environment. They are definitely my favorites to work with.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxhey there, i'm nightjar!
xxxxthey/them.||.INTP
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxx|| artshop || th || portfolio ||
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxjust .

daydreamer
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxx“𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓮𝓮𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮
xxx𝓫𝓮𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼
xxxxxxxx𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷
xxx𝓽𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓸𝓻 𝓭𝓪𝔀𝓷
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
nightjar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nunavik » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:02 pm

Autumn Fire wrote:It's definitely a lot of fun! It is a little troubling at times since where I live there are so many restrictions on which animals can be saved and released, but aside from this the experience is valuable

Very cool! Are you wanting to do something regarding rehabilitation for wildlife as a job?

Autumn Fire wrote:IAh we do need more reptile vets! And working with venomous is awesome! Of course there are safety precautions, but that makes the experience far more unique. Something about the way venomous species act compared to non venomous is fascinating and incredible to observe in a contained environment. They are definitely my favorites to work with.

Right? Hahah! I just recently got into venomous species. I had the opportunity to actually interact with venomous keepers too and it's been pushing me more to be able to provide veterinary care for them. There are really a ton of venomous animals that people don't even know about. Then again, marine life. My love for the ocean and helping animals I know owners have a tough time finding proper vets to tend to them are dividing my heart.

─────────────────────
cze 🌿 she/her 🌵 adult
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me