How has the pandemic impacted you?

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

How has the pandemic impacted you?

Postby labrobdorite » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:29 am

Hi everyone, I am currently conducting research for a university project that tackles the topic of pandemic and how it has affected different people of different backgrounds, hailing from different countries and all that. I have created a google form which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc_LgNB_DhEBLHmW60Vozqrs6Fu1GZvbU-M0rH6oxi3aDrq5A/viewform. I don't think it violates any CS guidelines so it should be ok for me to put it here, but if it's not ok, mods, feel free to delete the link. Any responses as well as bumps are appreciated. If you'd like to make a private statement on it, you can send me a PM about it. Thank you so much in advance :)

The questions from the questionnaire if you would rather fill it out here:

This is a questionnaire about the "dome" that is life with covid. I ask of you for a single answer in the form of a short-medium length body of text that would cover your experiences with living within this "dome". Feel free to use expressive language or just about anything that you normally use, make it as lively as you can, type as though you are chatting with a friend.

Here are some questions that might get your thoughts going/put you on the track:

• How have you been coping?
• What do you miss most/least about home or the outside world as a whole?
• Is there anything in particular that feels absent or like it's missing?
• How is your family/friends dealing with you being away?
• How do you feel about being away from your family/friends?
• How do you feel living within the household that you are in if you are shielding?
• What do you do to make life feel normal again; in your opinion - is that even possible?
• If you're a student studying in another country/city, do you feel like an outsider/impostor?
• Have people around you done anything to change that if you have opened up to them about it?
• Have other people opened up to you about their experiences with impostor syndrome?
• Do you believe we are all slowly developing impostor syndrome due to lack of contact with the outside world and other people?
• Do you think quarantine posed as an opportunity to grow?
• Have you experienced any of this growth? If so, in which areas do you think you've grown? If not, why do you think that's the case?
• Have you been able to meet new people?
• If so, how?
• If not, has it affected your mental health in a negative way?
• On the note of mental health, have you been talking to your family or friends about it or are you bottling it in so as not to worry them or for other reasons?

Lastly, some questions that would really help out if you answered:

• Has the pandemic made you feel like you're living within a dome?
• What is the dome to you? Describe it.
• Is this dome a physical entity, or a mental border that is limiting you. Perhaps both?
• Have you been able to adapt to this new "dome" lifestyle? Do you think you will be able to return to "normal" life once that is back again?

You may add other points in your answer if you wish.
Last edited by labrobdorite on Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
labrobdorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How has the pandemic impacted you?

Postby badass skeleton » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:31 am

bump
badass skeleton is no more
badass skeleton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby venti » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:32 am

hello!
    there's a coronavirus discussion already ; click !!
    ★ out on the verge of the rest of our lives ★
    suga/venn - she/they -
    hi, im sugacuteic or venti :]
    i like pokemon, frogs and sleeping
venti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lazyville » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:38 am

Ahhhhh
Last edited by Lazyville on Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Equality is number one.
They/them
FlightRising
Lazyville

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DOGBURGER » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:40 am

I'm slow so I didn't realize we could put the answer in here. I turned it into the google form, i hope that's alright.

Bump

I DON'T NEED.

BROTHER
GRUNGE, EMO, PUNK and METAL.
I'M GONNA BLOW YOU UP. <3
━━━━━━━━Image━━━━━━━━
{ MALE. DREAMIES. ART SHOP. ©. }

NONHUMAN POC
PM ME. I ONLY BITE SOMETIMES.

DOGBURGER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby labrobdorite » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:44 am

LazyDerp wrote:In serval different ways actually, both positive and negative.

Over the past few months and especially towards the beginning of the pandemic I have gotten to became a very deep thinker at times. That of course has it pros and cons, but on a general spectrum it really has helped me notice some things about myself. It showing me all the good bad and in between has definitely given me time to reflect on myself and become a much better person.

On another topic of how I’ve been, the pandemic has also had things quite difficult on a mental health state. I’ve always had depression and other various self issues, and the all of a sudden change from my normal rally changed me. It cause me to spiral back into a deep depression and after a few months it just made me go emotionally numb. Now since we have been able to at least somewhat go back to our “normal” it has been better and I’m feeling nicer too.

I’ve also become very family oriented hearing about all the loss from it, and I now just see what matters to me the most.

Hope this helps with your work. Have a nice day/night <3

Thank you so much, this will most definitely come in handy when making the publication itself. I am very glad that you are doing better and that there have been positives to your pandemic experience, it really was a sort of opportunity for many people to grow and learn new things about themselves, one of the coolest things to come from the pandemic was seeing how everyone was experimenting creatively and picking up new hobbies that they never thought they would before we were put into lockdown. It surely is amazing!
labrobdorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby labrobdorite » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:45 am

kipapt wrote:I'm slow so I didn't realize we could put the answer in here. I turned it into the google form, i hope that's alright.

Bump

Yes, thank you very much!
labrobdorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby labrobdorite » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:46 am

dreamcore wrote:
    hello!
    there's a coronavirus discussion already ; click !!

Thank you for that information, I will look into it for sure! I created this thread as a sort of folder to receive these entries that would answer the questions that I proposed, but surely I can use some of the responses from that thread as well! (With consent, of course)
labrobdorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby labrobdorite » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:01 am

Bump!
labrobdorite