The History Nerds Thread

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: The History Nerds Thread

Postby .Cas. » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:55 pm

I’m leaving the site. Anything that is unlocked in my trades or items is up for grabs. PM me for locked pets or C$
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Cas. » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:31 am

Bump, because I am still hopeful for this thread.

I guess it’s interesting that some people believe the USSR actually didn’t fall...
I’m leaving the site. Anything that is unlocked in my trades or items is up for grabs. PM me for locked pets or C$
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a small animal » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:15 am

bahahaha the Carl meme made me laugh so hard I nearly woke my brother, I love llamas with hats. And yeah, I mean the ussr wasn’t the best of ideas. I know you are all gonna hate me for this but a few ideas behind communism aren’t so bad on paper, note the italics, but yeah the ussr took it wayyyyyyyy too far and too many people died as a result. I always worry that I’m annoyingly close to being that one kid who says rEaL cOmMuNiSm HaSn’T bEeN tRiEd YeT but I hope I still have a shred of empathy left that allows me to realise any structure that systematically kills people is a very bad thing.
a small animal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a small animal » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:16 am

headsick wrote:According to Tumblr, Julius Caesar was so vain that when he got kidnapped by pirates, he made them raise the ransom money because he thought he was worth more than that. not sure how true this is, but it makes me laugh.

I hope this is true for some reason. Julius Caesar the absolute madlad
a small animal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Cas. » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:22 am

have a nice life wrote:bahahaha the Carl meme made me laugh so hard I nearly woke my brother, I love llamas with hats. And yeah, I mean the ussr wasn’t the best of ideas. I know you are all gonna hate me for this but a few ideas behind communism aren’t so bad on paper, note the italics, but yeah the ussr took it wayyyyyyyy too far and too many people died as a result. I always worry that I’m annoyingly close to being that one kid who says rEaL cOmMuNiSm HaSn’T bEeN tRiEd YeT but I hope I still have a shred of empathy left that allows me to realise any structure that systematically kills people is a very bad thing.

No, I feel you. I am that way as well. Working on an equal spectrum doesn’t sound so horrible, it’s just when you have communistic dictator ruling over you that it’s horrible. Dictatorship as a whole is horrible.

The fascists, which is the right side radicals, wasn’t much better either. It’s weridl because somehow they both aimed for either perfection or equality, and obtained either. Maybe Franklin was right when he said perfection is impossible to obtain.
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Cas. » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:23 am

have a nice life wrote:
headsick wrote:According to Tumblr, Julius Caesar was so vain that when he got kidnapped by pirates, he made them raise the ransom money because he thought he was worth more than that. not sure how true this is, but it makes me laugh.

I hope this is true for some reason. Julius Caesar the absolute madlad

Anyone who has no self esteem needs to be made aware of this.

#raisemyransom
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a small animal » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:27 am

.Cas. wrote:
have a nice life wrote:bahahaha the Carl meme made me laugh so hard I nearly woke my brother, I love llamas with hats. And yeah, I mean the ussr wasn’t the best of ideas. I know you are all gonna hate me for this but a few ideas behind communism aren’t so bad on paper, note the italics, but yeah the ussr took it wayyyyyyyy too far and too many people died as a result. I always worry that I’m annoyingly close to being that one kid who says rEaL cOmMuNiSm HaSn’T bEeN tRiEd YeT but I hope I still have a shred of empathy left that allows me to realise any structure that systematically kills people is a very bad thing.

No, I feel you. I am that way as well. Working on an equal spectrum doesn’t sound so horrible, it’s just when you have communistic dictator ruling over you that it’s horrible. Dictatorship as a whole is horrible.

The fascists, which is the right side radicals, wasn’t much better either. It’s weridl because somehow they both aimed for either perfection or equality, and obtained either. Maybe Franklin was right when he said perfection is impossible to obtain.

Yes! Dictatorship is the problem, exactly what I was trying to say but forgot the word for it. Kinda defeats the point of everyone being equal when there’s one person who rules over all others for no apparent reason. Your thing about the fascists doing the exact same thing reminds me of that bit at the end of animal farm which I can’t remember the exact quote but it was something like ‘the pigs looked at the men and the men at the pigs and neither could tell which was which’ for context it was a while since I read that book but I think the pig was supposed to be Stalin? Idk I read it when I was really young and I honestly just thought it was about some talking animals :roll:
a small animal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Cas. » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:43 pm

have a nice life wrote:
.Cas. wrote:

Yes! Dictatorship is the problem, exactly what I was trying to say but forgot the word for it. Kinda defeats the point of everyone being equal when there’s one person who rules over all others for no apparent reason. Your thing about the fascists doing the exact same thing reminds me of that bit at the end of animal farm which I can’t remember the exact quote but it was something like ‘the pigs looked at the men and the men at the pigs and neither could tell which was which’ for context it was a while since I read that book but I think the pig was supposed to be Stalin? Idk I read it when I was really young and I honestly just thought it was about some talking animals :roll:

Animal Farm is a classic I think, but I forget. I’ll add to my list.

You know you stink when metaphors are made about you via pigs.
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain. A. Stark. » Fri May 03, 2019 1:57 pm

Username: Captain. A. Stark.
    Favorite Historical Figure: Rosa Parks - she's just such an independent, outstanding woman who refused to move, and planted her feet in the ground. Often, I wish I was more like her, and admire her bravery.
    Favorite type of History: Social History - Honestly nothing much to say here?? I just like studying people and how they impacted what turned out to be our pretty screwed up world today.
    Favorite War: The American Civil War - just because some of the most interesting things happened in that time period.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    fal | she/they | musician | psych major 👁
    - RWC - trades - - hanzo - loki - #MMIW
Captain. A. Stark.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apartmentcat » Sat May 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Username: apartmentcat
Favorite Historical Figure: oooh, too hard to decide. Probably Elizabeth I, if I had to pick.
Favorite type of History: European, Asian, history of food & trade, exploration & colonisation (basically everything!)
Favorite War: dunno why, but the Peloponnesian sprang to mind first. Also the Punic wars were really interesting.
apartmentcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me