๐Ÿž Hikers ๐Ÿž

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ๐Ÿž Hikers ๐Ÿž

Postby FlightRising » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:51 am

I live on a mountain and in a forest with a big hill and some times i like to hike
I LOVE to trade! Please trade me!
Check out my lair on FR!
FlightRising

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faded... » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:05 am

@Herlock sholmes. The place you describe where you live sounds amazing! ( other than the bugs XD)

I live well..... its a little hilly... 85 to 100 F during the summer and in the winter usually never get more than a foot of snow. No mountains just some forests, and not much lakes... alot they were dug. I mean yeah its not AS bleh as the dessert.
โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โคโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โคโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ท.
๐“˜๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ผ- ๐“—๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ผ
๐“ฐ๐“ธ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ผ- ๐“ถ๐”‚๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“ซ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ด๐“ผ
๐““๐“ป๐“ช๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ - ๐““๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ.
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…
โ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒ
โ–‚โ–‚โ–‚โ–‚โ–‚โ–‚โ–‚โ–‚โ–‚โ–‚
โ”xxxxxxxxxxโ”“
I asked Jesus "How
much do you love
me?" Jesus replied,
"this much". He stret-
ched his arms on the
cross and
died.
โ”–xxxxxxxxxxโ”š
โ”xxxxxxxxxxโ”“
Heyo! im Faded...
Im very friendly and
an extrovert most of the time.
Well don't have much
friends so i always love
a pm.Trades have been
slow lately so send one.
โ”–xxxxxxxxxxโ”š
โ”xxxxxxxxxxโ”“
โ”–xxxxxxxxxxโ”š
Faded...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Herlock Sholmes » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:54 am

FlightRising wrote:I live on a mountain and in a forest with a big hill and some times i like to hike

Sounds like a beautiful place!
Image Image Image Image

Hey, I'm Herlock Sholmes,
nice to meet you!
I love figure skating, ballet,
biology, hiking, memes,
Marvel, urban exploration,
The Killers, wildlife docs,
Marianas Trench, and more!
Have a nice day.

Daily Bulletin:

AWOL

Herlock Sholmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Herlock Sholmes » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:08 pm

@Viperly - Oooo the Smoky Mountains are so pretty!!!! I can only imagine how beautiful the mountains in your area would look like in the fall wow. And oh man that Cumberland plateau looks real cool, kinda like a rainforest!

Yeah the Canadian Shield is a quite a unique place to hike, minus the bugs lol. It's very green and rocky with cliffs that overlook stuff. I'll post some pics later! And you're right, Canada is a beautiful place to hike for the most part! There's a lot of recognition for British Columbia's spectacular views with pristine lakes and majestic mountains (too bad there are a lot of forest fires), and the Maritime provinces have really nice coastal/mountain trails too. The only boring place to hike in Canada is Saskatchewan cause it's so darn flat; it's all grassland and farming.

@Rainbowhorse - Thanks! Your area sounds cool too, hilly forests are always fun to hike in. Such a large opportunity to find animals!
Image Image Image Image

nice to meet you!
biology, hiking, memes,
Have a nice day.

Daily Bulletin:

AWOL

Herlock Sholmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kittycentral~ » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:17 am

I love hiking! I love this thread so much already, ahah.

Iโ€™d say my favorite environment to hike in would definitely be mountains. I also enjoy rock climbing, so all the better! :lol:

Some of my favorite animals to stumble across are definitely deer - theyโ€™re so precious. ;;; Iโ€™m in love with all of the birds Iโ€™ve come across as well. I think a few experiences that were rather intimidating was definitely spotting a few cougars (luckily they were far off). Those were definitely unnerving situations, but thankfully no close encounters. Theyโ€™re quite beautiful animals, though. ^^

I backpack when I can, but itโ€™s mostly day hikes!

Hmm... the best hike Iโ€™ve ever done. I honestly cannot choose, hahah. Iโ€™ll have to round up some photos and post them here soon, though! Plenty of fall colors have been beginning to pop up, so Iโ€™m excited to share some of those captured moments. <3
Kittycentral~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Herlock Sholmes » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:21 pm

@Kittycentral: It's so cool that you've seen cougars!!! That's awesome. It's also really neat that you do backpacking, it's always been a dream of mine to do it (but my parents won't let me yet). Got any tips about cheap gear?
Image Image Image Image

nice to meet you!
biology, hiking, memes,
Have a nice day.

Daily Bulletin:

AWOL

Herlock Sholmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Herlock Sholmes » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:08 am

- What kind of environment is your favourite to hike in? (Coast, cliff, mountain, rocks/boulders, etc.)
I don't really live in a mountainous area, but I do prefer to hike mountains the most. My area has lots of rocks and cliffs, which is also pretty neat, and they're all within densely forested areas.

- What animals have you found on the trails?
OOooh boy let's see...
I've seen raccoons, wild turkeys, deer, snakes, vultures, eagles, hawks, moose, a billion frogs, bears, porcupines, turtles, loons, black bears. I think that covers everything? I always bring a pocket-sized logbook with me to note down what animals I find on the trails. This summer I actually got really close to a bear; I didn't even realize it was pretty much right beside me until it moved! Beautiful animals they are. Moose are also really cool to spot because they are HUGE and super chill, like forest cows. And idk if you guys have ever heard a loon call before but man it's definitely my favourite sound to hear at night. It's hauntingly beautiful and serene. LISTEN TO THIS: https://youtu.be/gTH30m87yL4

- Do you hike for excersize, animal-spotting, or scenery?
I hike for animal spotting and scenery! Always the highlights of the trip.

- How do you keep the bugs away, and what do you usually wear on a hike?
In my area, there are a heck lot of lakes and marshes, and with that comes a heck lot of mosquitoes/black flies/other nasty bugs. I always drench myself in Off-Deep Woods.
I wear sweatpants, a plaid shirt, a neckerchief thing (cause black flies aim for the neck oof), a baseball cap, sunglasses, a backpack, hiking poles if the trek is tough, and my trusty old hiking boots. Gotta keep most of ur skin covered to keep the bugs away. I also carry bear spray cause you never know what'll go wrong when you're in bear country. Recently, I've discovered just how great it is to carry a pair of binoculars as well! Good when you see a cool bird or standing at a lookout clearing.

- Are you a day-hiker or a backpacker?
I'm a day hiker, usually aim for 8-10 km hikes. Always wanted to go backpacking but my parents won't let me just yet. Definitely going to start racking up some gear for the future because I'm going to go backpacking when I'm older.

- What's the best hike you've done?
The best hike I've done was at Killarney Provincial Park called "The Crack". It was a short trail but it was really beautiful, with cliffs, pristine white rocks/boulders, lakes, and forests. I also had to scale up some giant boulders which was quite unique. The Crack beautifully encompasses everything about the Canadian Shield.
Other runner-ups for favourites: Hiking up Mont Tremblant in Quebec, some trails in Yosemite, The Centennial Ridges Trail (Algonquin Provincial Park), Awausee Trail (Lake Superior Provincial Park).

- Got any cool pictures from your hike? Share it here! (Just not with your face in it cause that's against CS rules)

I love taking hiking pics!!!!!! Here are a few of my pics, sorry if this becomes a little bit spammy, I get really excited about photos.

That's me at The Crack in Killarney:
Had to crop out my t-posing brother:

Mont-Tremblant:

Yosemite:

Grundy Prov. Park:

A lovely couple of meese at Algonquin prov park:

My travel dinosaur. His name is Toto, I bring him on trips.:

Marshy oasis at the Centennial Ridges Trail:
Last edited by Herlock Sholmes on Thu May 02, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

nice to meet you!
biology, hiking, memes,
Have a nice day.

Daily Bulletin:

AWOL

Herlock Sholmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Herlock Sholmes » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:52 am

The trees look beautiful this time of year, it's great to get out and see them before they're all bare. Anyone go on any fall hikes yet?
Image Image Image Image

nice to meet you!
biology, hiking, memes,
Have a nice day.

Daily Bulletin:

AWOL

Herlock Sholmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kittycentral~ » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:12 am

Herlock Sholmes wrote:@Kittycentral: It's so cool that you've seen cougars!!! That's awesome. It's also really neat that you do backpacking, it's always been a dream of mine to do it (but my parents won't let me yet). Got any tips about cheap gear?

I'll definitely get back to you with cheap gear!! I actually need to reorganize quite a bit today, including most of my gear. I'll either shoot you a PM or post here so others can see as well, I'm so excited ahah! ^^

As for those photos - those are absolutely incredible shots! (And lol @your t-posing brother. :lol: That's awesome.) Toto is precious - a true icon. :D

-

Herlock Sholmes wrote:The trees look beautiful this time of year, it's great to get out and see them before they're all bare. Anyone go on any fall hikes yet?

Yes! I have a couple planned before the colors run away. I'll have to get some photos to share - on top of a few other photos from other hikes I haven't posted yet. :)

Here are a few shots from the other day I figured you guys would appreciate. I love the fall colors, aah.

Here are some cute little children I came across when driving!! Aaagh their ears. ;v; (Quick disclaimer: I wasn't driving while taking this photo! cx)
deercopy.jpg
deercopy.jpg (34.19 KiB) Viewed 40 times

I absolutely love the oranges I've seen pop up - I hope to see more reds too!
orangecopy.jpg
orangecopy.jpg (13.65 KiB) Viewed 40 times

I'm not really sure where my focus was intended to be in this photo, but yay for color. :D This was up in the canyon close to my home.
fallcopy.jpg
fallcopy.jpg (89.8 KiB) Viewed 40 times
Kittycentral~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Herlock Sholmes » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:02 pm

Kittycentral~ wrote:
I'll definitely get back to you with cheap gear!! I actually need to reorganize quite a bit today, including most of my gear. I'll either shoot you a PM or post here so others can see as well, I'm so excited ahah! ^^

As for those photos - those are absolutely incredible shots! (And lol @your t-posing brother. :lol: That's awesome.) Toto is precious - a true icon. :D

Looking forward to learning about the gear!
Thank you! :D My brother and I have developed a tradition of ruining aesthetic scenery by taking a pic of one of us dabbing and one of us T-posing. (Next time I'll put Toto in the dab)

Kittycentral~ wrote:Yes! I have a couple planned before the colors run away. I'll have to get some photos to share - on top of a few other photos from other hikes I haven't posted yet. :)

Here are a few shots from the other day I figured you guys would appreciate. I love the fall colors, aah.

Here are some cute little children I came across when driving!! Aaagh their ears. ;v; (Quick disclaimer: I wasn't driving while taking this photo! cx)
deercopy.jpg

I absolutely love the oranges I've seen pop up - I hope to see more reds too!
orangecopy.jpg

I'm not really sure where my focus was intended to be in this photo, but yay for color. :D This was up in the canyon close to my home.
fallcopy.jpg

I LOVE your pictures, they're absolutely stunning!!! So vibrant and beautiful woww. :)
Aaa those dudes are so cute I love em. And omg yes the ears!
Overall sounds like you had a gorgeous fall hike. :D
Image Image Image Image

nice to meet you!
biology, hiking, memes,
Have a nice day.

Daily Bulletin:

AWOL