What’s some good advice that no one ever told you?

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What’s some good advice that no one ever told you?

Postby ninetailss » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi! I’m really bored and i just want to see what you guys come up with.
There’s not really any rules except keep all of this CHILD FRIENDLY like it says in the forum rules.

I think mine is personally the fact that if you want to look beautiful, that’s okay. If you don’t want to look beautiful, that’s okay. You can live your life however you want to, and don’t let anyone tell you differently.

Have a nice day, and keep on lovin.
they/them meow meow meow
ninetailss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What’s some good advice that no one ever told you?

Postby ninetailss » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:41 am

bump
they/them meow meow meow
ninetailss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skellaton » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:20 pm

Birb wrote:
    It's okay to not 100% love everything about your body.

As a butch with anorexia nervosa and self-esteem issues in general, body positivity never worked for me. What helped instead was body neutrality, which means not labeling my body parts as "bad" or "good" or "ugly" or "pretty" etc., just observing and accepting facts about myself. Like yeah, I have acne. I don't have to like it, but I don't have to hate it either. It's just there.

Rather than trying to convince myself that everything about my body is beautiful and perfect, simply accepting reality is the most helpful for me. I don't have to think of myself as beautiful, and at the same time, I don't have to think of myself as ugly either. I have imperfections, and that's not a bad thing! And I certainly don't have to listen to society's beauty standards at all.

honestly this is such a good mindset because society makes people think you have to believe certain things about yourself -- people at first taught us to hate ourselves, and now people are forcing us to love everything about ourselves. theres no middle ground where people can just accept themselves without having to see themselves as perfect, because we are not perfect, and its unhealthy to think that we are. if we think that way, we will never have room to grow. If someone thinks they are perfect and have no flaws, then they wont see if they are harmful towards others, or they wont realize that they could improve their mindsets or health to benefit both themselves and others! Im all for body positivism and loving yourself, just make sure you are up for criticism and growing.
I definitely agree with you on everything you said here!!
call me gray
. capricorn . US . infp . 18
i am probably listening
to elliott smith
twitter

skellaton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KaraleeWasTaken » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:46 pm

In a society with so many names and titles and descriptions people give themselves to describe how they see themselves and who they are attracted to, it’s okay to not pick one. I’ve never been attracted to anything more than a plate of fettuccine Alfredo, but that doesn’t mean I have to label myself asexual! I’m not required to feel this way forever, nor does how I feel now define the way I am.

Maybe I’ll be one of those old ladies with a billion cats or dogs (hopefully not both at once) — and I think I’d love that! Or maybe I’ll fall in love one day. Maybe I’ll even raise kids. That... feels really, terrifyingly big, honestly, but I think I’d like that too.

You do not have to choose a group. You are not required to affiliate yourself by name with people who seem to want the same things. The way you feel now does not have to define who you are and will be, not attraction, not emotion, not any hormone your brain cooks up. I believe the essence of life is the power of continuous choice, both now and for the rest of my life. I can choose as many names as I like, but at the end of the day, I will always be me. My soul. My essence. Allowed to choose what actions I will take, regardless of what the world thinks I should be called.

I am not “an” anything.

I am alive.
KaraleeWasTaken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ninetailss » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:58 pm

yass
they/them meow meow meow
ninetailss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Derpylove » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:44 pm

THAT EVERYONE JUDGES YOUR EVERY MOVE AND IF YOU TAKE A STEP OUTTA LINE YOU EXPLODE AND CRUMBLE INTO A MILLION PIECES!
(Ahem. Sorry, had to rant.)

That skinny girls will call themselves fat as heck and ya just gotta ignore it
Derpylove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -The Dark Rising- » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:53 am

get involved in some sort of community. Whether it be a club at school, an online forum, a school/community ed sports team, or even just participating in work events, putting yourself out there in these kinds of social contexts does wonders for mental wellness. It forces you to remember that you are a human being, worthy of friends, social interaction, and the like.

For this reason, isolating yourself for long periods of time is never a good idea, even if you’re an introvert (like me!)

plus, it is really nice if the community revolves around something you’re interested in, as you can form some really close bonds with people you may have never known to exist otherwise.
-The Dark Rising-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ninetailss » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:24 pm

bump
they/them meow meow meow
ninetailss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby krinkov » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:26 pm

if you’re still in school

don’t talk to anyone
don’t go to the bathroom
don’t sit down
don’t stand up
don’t move
used to be good at making signatures
now im not
all pronouns
dms open
krinkov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby salsabeel » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:43 am

life isn't fair, but who cares!!

┍━━━Image━━━┑
.. name : salsabeels
.. biseckshual
.. female
.. my insta is selsaballs
.. pm me if u wanna be
.. come friends =)
┕━━━Image━━━┙
............𝙘 𝙤 𝙢 𝙥 𝙡 𝙚 𝙩 𝙚 𝙡 𝙮...𝙖 𝙡 𝙤 𝙣 𝙚

┍━━━━Image━━━━┑