~Theatre Group~

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ~Theatre Group~

Postby The Trickster~ » Fri May 18, 2018 2:24 am

I’m glad I found this.

I’m pretty new to theater also, and right now I’m in a musical that my friend wrote. And I’m the lead. I’m pretty nervous, but we still have a lot of time to practice, cause the show goes on in July. I’ve also been in another play my friend wrote, (she likes to write plays), which was like a funny version of Romeo and Juliet.

Heyo! It’s me, Trickster. They/Them. I am eternally tired. Toyhouse is The_Trickster_. Currently interested in Lemon Demon, anything by Neil Cicierega, Cryptids, Taz, Tma, Podcasts, Dndads, Wwdits, Good Omens, The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, my own ocs, roleplaying, dnd, Ace Attorney, film, writing, plays, and some other stuff, always down to chat about it.
~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil.pinknugget » Fri May 18, 2018 2:29 am

The Mouse wrote:I’m glad I found this.

I’m pretty new to theater also, and right now I’m in a musical that my friend wrote. And I’m the lead. I’m pretty nervous, but we still have a lot of time to practice, cause the show goes on in July. I’ve also been in another play my friend wrote, (she likes to write plays), which was like a funny version of Romeo and Juliet.

Woah! Your friend wrote a musical? That's awesome! What is the musical about?
lil.pinknugget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Trickster~ » Fri May 18, 2018 2:51 am

lil.pinknugget wrote:

Alright, so, a grandma is telling a story to two kids. The story is set in medival times, and is about the evil sister, whose name is Adelfa, played by me, who wants to get revenge on her sister, Whose name is Azalea, for marrying the king and living a happy life. So Adelfa sneaks in during their anniversary and poisons the king. Adelfa gets caught and is forced to go on a quest to find the antidote, because she’s the only one who knows where it is and is threatened with lifetime inprisonment if she doesn’t. So she goes on the quest with the best knight, Sir Destrian, to find the antidote. A young girl, Peronell, who really wants to be a knight, follows them. Peronell gets found, and Adelfa pushes both Destrian and Peronell into a ravine and runs away. She gets caught by a group of bandits that used to be her old employees. The threaten to make her work for them, and she offers them Peronell and Destrian to escape. Unknown to Adelfa, both Peronell and Destrian have escaped and know have come to rescue her, and they do. They go to find the antidote, have a massive fight with the bandits, and Adelfa realizes she doesn’t want to be evil anymore. They go back to the castle, the queen forgives her, and everyone lives happily ever after, the end.
Sorry if that was a bit confusing.

Heyo! It’s me, Trickster. They/Them. I am eternally tired. Toyhouse is The_Trickster_. Currently interested in Lemon Demon, anything by Neil Cicierega, Cryptids, Taz, Tma, Podcasts, Dndads, Wwdits, Good Omens, The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, my own ocs, roleplaying, dnd, Ace Attorney, film, writing, plays, and some other stuff, always down to chat about it.
~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BATB0NEZzZz » Fri May 18, 2018 2:55 am

jengatower wrote:what did you do to become a techie? does it require a degree in any way? does high school experience count on a resume?
i've personally worked on Annie and Midsummer Night's Dream in high school.

While I’m not yet in high school, my grade 5-6 teacher ((Mrs Halls has to be my favourite teacher of all time)) was obsessed with Shakespeare’s work. I got cast as Juno in The Tempest and Feste in Twelth Night.
Both roles still hold a special place in my heart, and I will never forget the indescribable thrill the first and last time I want on a stage to preform a show ((so far ;) ))
BATB0NEZzZz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil.pinknugget » Fri May 18, 2018 3:08 am

The Mouse wrote:
lil.pinknugget wrote:

Alright, so, a grandma is telling a story to two kids. The story is set in medival times, and is about the evil sister, whose name is Adelfa, played by me, who wants to get revenge on her sister, Whose name is Azalea, for marrying the king and living a happy life. So Adelfa sneaks in during their anniversary and poisons the king. Adelfa gets caught and is forced to go on a quest to find the antidote, because she’s the only one who knows where it is and is threatened with lifetime inprisonment if she doesn’t. So she goes on the quest with the best knight, Sir Destrian, to find the antidote. A young girl, Peronell, who really wants to be a knight, follows them. Peronell gets found, and Adelfa pushes both Destrian and Peronell into a ravine and runs away. She gets caught by a group of bandits that used to be her old employees. The threaten to make her work for them, and she offers them Peronell and Destrian to escape. Unknown to Adelfa, both Peronell and Destrian have escaped and know have come to rescue her, and they do. They go to find the antidote, have a massive fight with the bandits, and Adelfa realizes she doesn’t want to be evil anymore. They go back to the castle, the queen forgives her, and everyone lives happily ever after, the end.

Sounds like an interesting musical! And to clarify, the setting is medieval times and how many songs are in that production? How many are in the cast and how often do you guys rehearse?
lil.pinknugget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil.pinknugget » Fri May 18, 2018 3:13 am

MenphiDraws wrote:
jengatower wrote:what did you do to become a techie? does it require a degree in any way? does high school experience count on a resume?
i've personally worked on Annie and Midsummer Night's Dream in high school.

While I’m not yet in high school, my grade 5-6 teacher ((Mrs Halls has to be my favourite teacher of all time)) was obsessed with Shakespeare’s work. I got cast as Juno in The Tempest and Feste in Twelth Night.
Both roles still hold a special place in my heart, and I will never forget the indescribable thrill the first and last time I want on a stage to preform a show ((so far ;) ))

Aw~ I really like Shakespeare's work! My theatre class and I went on a field trip to see an actual group of performers that live in a city nearby where I am from and they performed Macbeth really well. Of course, it was a little difficult to understand because of the Old English language and where the story lines up to but towards the end, it became pretty intense! I loved how it ended! A performing arts school where several of my friends go had recently done Taming of the Shrew and plenty of other Shakespeare shows but I wasn't able to see them because I have such a busy schedule. I really like to see more Shakespeare works one day when I have time.
lil.pinknugget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Trickster~ » Fri May 18, 2018 3:43 am

lil.pinknugget wrote:
The Mouse wrote:
lil.pinknugget wrote:

Sounds like an interesting musical! And to clarify, the setting is medieval times and how many songs are in that production? How many are in the cast and how often do you guys rehearse?

Yes, the setting is medival times. There are 10 songs, and 13 people in the cast. We rehearse once a week and twice every other week. (If that makes any sense)

~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil.pinknugget » Fri May 18, 2018 3:48 am

Nice! Well, I hope it goes well for you, the cast and crew.
lil.pinknugget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ice580 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:22 am

lil.pinknugget wrote:Wow! That sounds very exciting! I think you'll really enjoy the Drama Department at your school. Are you currently in a Theatre class? Being a techie is fun too! I like to work with makeup especially because you can really change what a person looks like plus in the makeup room at my school, we get into serious and deep into conversations and relationships just simply click! Right now I'm in Studio Theatre which is an Advanced Theatre class and we just performed our one-act last night actually. Are you interested in becoming a Thespian? I personally think it is a great honor and depending on what your troupe does, there are loads of fun activities everyone can do as well as, earning community service points which are an incentive. As for your modeling, I hope you do well and get cast!

Yup, I'm in the theatre class this year and I plan on being in the advanced theatre class next year. I've been interested in makeup. I'm better at doing makeup for other people than I am for me XD. How did your show go? I'm considering it, but I think I'd like to do a bit more in theatre before trying to become an official Thespian. And thank you!
Ice580

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Sat May 19, 2018 12:02 pm

Hey, does anyone know what theatre is like in college? I'm probably not going to join a troupe my first quarter or two, but I want to know.
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me