AP Classes + SAT

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: AP Classes

Postby The Score » Tue May 29, 2018 3:25 pm

sun struck wrote:Omg..
What a much-needed thread?!?!?
Okay well, I took the AP World History exam also, and honestly, the multiple choice portion of it was probably one of the worst things I have experienced since birth;;o;
Lol;; NOT a history type of a person at all, and I pretty much sucked at it the whole year, but that test, I probably got the lowest score ever on the subject;;o;
Nope, absolutely no way I passed, not even divine intervention;;

The next year, I have it in my schedule to take AP Lang and AP US history, and AP Drawing,,,
AP Drawing is a class I've been waiting for since I've first heard of it, but I'm honestly not sure if I should even try AP Lang and AP US History....
I'm not a history person,,, and I'm not really a good writer either... but it kind of is the norm in our school to take AP Lang and APUSH...?
I hear APUSH is quite similar to AP World History in the way it's structured..
but could someone tell me what it's like to take AP Lang..?

honestly AP World dragged me through the mud this year, and I don't really have the heart to dive in again,,,but I..well, I'm just really unsure;;o;

Take whatever you're comfortable with. The more APs, the better, but the more stressed you will be. If you didn't like APWH, there's a 70% you won't like APUSH. If your school doesn't require you to take AP Lang or APUSH, don't take them if you don't want to. Do what's best for your future.
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starlette » Tue May 29, 2018 3:36 pm

thereallps121 wrote:Yeah. There's a section on the College Board website that mentions different versions of an ap test being given to a small amount of students in the U.S. My school was one of the ones around the country that was selected to have another version of the test distributed to students along with the one most people across the country took.

Wow, that's so weird! Are you allowed to discuss the test that you took?

Yeah, it is, though it's sorta interesting. It's nice that they have a FAQ on that section of the site because I definitely wanted to know why the College Board does that.

Technically, I'm still not allowed to talk about the free response questions on mine because the College Board only released the questions from the version of the test most people took, and they always tell us not to discuss the multiple choice.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
oh jeez it's really late for me and I have finals tomorrow. Good night!
starlette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Wed May 30, 2018 12:21 pm

Maiza wrote:
thereallps121 wrote:Yeah. There's a section on the College Board website that mentions different versions of an ap test being given to a small amount of students in the U.S. My school was one of the ones around the country that was selected to have another version of the test distributed to students along with the one most people across the country took.

Wow, that's so weird! Are you allowed to discuss the test that you took?

Yeah, it is, though it's sorta interesting. It's nice that they have a FAQ on that section of the site because I definitely wanted to know why the College Board does that.

Technically, I'm still not allowed to talk about the free response questions on mine because the College Board only released the questions from the version of the test most people took, and they always tell us not to discuss the multiple choice.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
oh jeez it's really late for me and I have finals tomorrow. Good night!

I have finals as well! Are you taking any APs next year, if so, which ones?
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Wed May 30, 2018 12:21 pm

kellyon wrote:I'm also preparing for my my admission tests now. I applied to European School of Management and Technology (ESMT), found info here https://www.accessmasterstour.com/. I want to get Masters Degree in Business. Hope it will help me to make a prosperous career in future.

Best of luck!
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anza » Thu May 31, 2018 5:38 am

such a needed thread tbh! AP Classes I've taken & will happily talk about:
    AP World History
    AP United States History
    AP Biology
    AP English Language and Composition
    AP English Literature
    AP Calculus

(can also talk about AP Chemistry & AP Music Theory although I did not take the exams themselves)
costal cowgirl / law student / CS member since 2012
01/2022 UPDATE ---> I've chosen to leave the character community however,
I am keeping my closed species adopts as they mean quite a lot to me
I'm here now mostly for events
✮ ✮ ✮
Anza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:56 am

Anza wrote:
    such a needed thread tbh! AP Classes I've taken & will happily talk about:
    AP World History
    AP United States History
    AP Biology
    AP English Language and Composition
    AP English Literature
    AP Calculus

(can also talk about AP Chemistry & AP Music Theory although I did not take the exams themselves)

Can you told about AP Calc, US, Lit, and Bio? I am taking those next year
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:41 pm

Any other AP test takers?
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stoatkiss » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:46 pm

I've taken:
AP Calculus BC (2018)
AP English Language and Composition (2017)
AP English Literature and Composition (2018)
AP French Language and Culture (2017)
AP German Language and Culture (2017)
AP Statistics (2018)

I'm open to answering questions/discussing released content for any of them!
Rhea / it/they/she / adult

formerly Ejecta

TH
x
stoatkiss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:47 pm

shrillkrill wrote:I've taken:
AP Calculus BC (2018)
AP Statistics (2018)

I want to take AP Calc AB, and I am going to have to teach myself AP English language and composition. What scores did you get if you're okay with sharing, and how do I prepare for them while balancing out other APs
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stoatkiss » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:56 pm

thereallps121 wrote:
shrillkrill wrote:I've taken:
AP Calculus BC (2018)
AP Statistics (2018)

I want to take AP Calc AB, and I am going to have to teach myself AP English language and composition. What scores did you get if you're okay with sharing, and how do I prepare for them while balancing out other APs

I got a 5 on AP Lang, I don't know about AP Calc yet. My main piece of advice is to do as much practice content as you can get your hands on!
For AP Lang, this will be mostly past years' essays - if you can't sit down for a full 40+ minutes to write the whole thing, just plan it to the point where you would start to write (I take 15-20 minutes out of the 40 minutes to plan)! The more practice essays you can write, the better, because you'll get used to writing in that time.
For AP Calc, do as many released free-response questions as you can, with the scoring guidelines if you can access them. You want to aim for 15 minutes per question, so if you can get them done in that time you should be alright. My teacher had access to some secured multiple choice sets, and she was able to provide us with two or three complete past exams to practice; try asking your AP teacher if they can get those for you. The portions of the exam where I personally struggled with the time crunch (and my teacher warned us about this, so it's pretty common!) were the non-calculator multiple choice questions, and the calculator-active free responses. Be prepared for that!
Bring writing utensils with different barrel widths (thicknesses)! By changing from a fatter to a thinner pen or pencil, or vice versa, will adjust your grip and help stave off hand cramps. Since they're long exams, you definitely want to avoid cramping up!
Good luck on your AP exams next year!
Rhea / it/they/she / adult

formerly Ejecta

TH
x
stoatkiss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups