AP Classes + SAT

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: AP Classes

Postby lil.pinknugget » Sat May 12, 2018 12:42 am

мєℓσ∂y rσsє wrote:I've already taken the AP Psychology exam on Monday. I guess it's supposed to be one of the easiest APs but my teacher teaches way harder than the exam. Either way I always get test anxiety and I get really sick right before any high stake exam. I went in there and it ended up seeming pretty easy the only problem was that I had a super bad migraine and was about to pass out by the end of the test. I literally ran out when they called time. Not too fun :?

I've got AP US History tomorrow and I'm definitely not prepared. I'm not in the AP class, just the regular class and we haven't finished yet so I have to study everything tonight. I'm stressing for that one. Then next week I've got AP Language which I don't even know how to prepare for. I'm a good writer but the multiple choice kills me.

Good luck to all those with APs!

That's what I've heard too! I actually have AP Psych class coming up this afternoon and right now we are watching a biofilm about someone; it's pretty interesting. I feel ya, my teacher is more a lecturer and I'd rather do hands-on experiments than write notes all the time and just sit. WOW! We're just like each other in this situation. FRQs also stress me out and I feel like I did poorly on that because my class only practiced it one time -- JUST ONE TIME. Multiple Choice I feel like I did pretty well. The AP teachers at my school aren't the best at teaching so it was kind of a struggle. I did the work just fine but still... I hope you do well for APUSH and future exams!
lil.pinknugget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil.pinknugget » Sat May 12, 2018 12:49 am

☆αℓρнαƒιяєωⓞℓƒ☆ wrote:
lil.pinknugget wrote:
☆αℓρнαƒιяєωⓞℓƒ☆ wrote:I'm taking AP Chinese tomorrow and I'm really nervous because it'll be my first ever AP exam and I didn't take the course so I don't really feel confident about the cultural related speaking question in the exam ;_;
And I'll be taking AP Stats next Thursday. I've mocked a raw score of 79.9 (which should be a 5) but I'm really worried that I'll be too stressed on the night before, lose sleep, and take the exam without my brain awake x_x

I think you'll do wonderful tomorrow. I don't know anybody that has or will plan to take that exam but I hope they implement that kind of class in my school one day because my school isn't really diverse tbh. I took my AP Psychology exam a few days ago and OMG it was stressful. I knew what I was doing it's just the pressure with so many people in the room at the same time and time management. I'm glad this is the only I had to take this year so I'm done for this year! Finally! Not saying that I hate everything AP but you can say I dislike it very much. We all are mainly doing it for college credit am I right? Best of luck to you!

Thank you!! It went okay for me today and yeah I feel what you mean about feeling pressure with so many people in the room. Everyone was talking at the same time for the speaking section and it made me panic more when I heard other people feeling so confident about their answer X_X also the noise is a bit distracting
I personally don't really care much for the college credit. I think that the credits are only helpful if you go to an American university? (please correct me if I'm wrong) and my dream is to go to school in Singapore. I care much more about how AP classes make my transcript more appealing&make me more competitive

Ohoo ~ I see. I was gonna take AP Spanish but I had no more room left in my schedule which pretty much bummed me out. I felt like I would've been in the same situation as you if I entered the testing room. I just want to get this year over with and graduate from high school. I try my best to be ambitious but sometimes it can and will be very distracting. And yes I believe the credits are only for American colleges/institutions. Maybe if you go on 'College Board' they might have something regarding international schools or if you plan to study abroad etc. and yes for the transcript and what not, I totally agree with you! In this day in age, it can get pretty competitive especially scholarships. They kill me inside oh my gosh. So much work! Overall, I do hope you get into your dream school and pursue bigger dreams and aspirations in life. What kind of career or profession do you want to go into anyway?
lil.pinknugget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueJeanzz » Sat May 12, 2018 1:00 am

I just recently took the AP Seminar test, and that seemed pretty simple since the main parts of the "exam" were presentations and papers throughout the second half of the year. That's basically all the class is. The test itself was pretty simple once I built up the skills for it (Basically just good essay writing skills and analyzing a line of reasoning/evidence).

AP World History is a different story for me, though. It's a lot more work, and I don't even know if I have all the content down yet despite the exam being less than a week away. Even so, I think I have enough down to get at least a 3 or 4! It's a harder class, but it's worth a lot of credit hours (A score of 3 is worth 6 credit hours for college). Don't let the difficulty discourage you, though!

All in all, just take the classes that you think will benefit you the most! Hope this helped!
Image Image
★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Image Certified Space Gay Image *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
°。°。°。Fnaf/Flight Rising/Theatre/Other °。°。°。
BlueJeanzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil.pinknugget » Sat May 12, 2018 1:02 am

JJStarrNerdGirl wrote:I just recently took the AP Seminar test, and that seemed pretty simple since the main parts of the "exam" were presentations and papers throughout the second half of the year. That's basically all the class is. The test itself was pretty simple once I built up the skills for it (Basically just good essay writing skills and analyzing a line of reasoning/evidence).

AP World History is a different story for me, though. It's a lot more work, and I don't even know if I have all the content down yet despite the exam being less than a week away. Even so, I think I have enough down to get at least a 3 or 4! It's a harder class, but it's worth a lot of credit hours (A score of 3 is worth 6 credit hours for college). Don't let the difficulty discourage you, though!

All in all, just take the classes that you think will benefit you the most! Hope this helped!

I heard from some of my friends taking AP Seminar that some colleges don't "recognize" that class for credit. I don't know if that's true or not. I had second thoughts about it during my junior year because I love reading and writing but I was worried the material would be difficult for me to keep up with.
lil.pinknugget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Mon May 14, 2018 3:44 pm

King-Rat wrote:i had the chance to take AP world, but im still stuck on if i should take it or not. i want to challenge myself but i dont feel confident at the same time. when i think of the idea of failing an AP exam i get really anxious and start to back out on the idea... can anyone help me? ive never known what its realy like to be in any AP class before, so i don't know if im going to hurt my grades or improve them. im a fairly responsible student, i mostly listen and get above average scores. just dont know if im up for it. i want to be in an AP class, but then i dont. any advice?

AP World History is pretty easy if you study for it throughout the year. It's super fun to recognize all the events that lead up to present day. It's a super fun course, believe me! It's my first AP class, and I easily got around a high 3 for my first practice test, and then jumped to a 4 on my next one. Aiming for that 5, but it's a really easy course!
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jengatower » Thu May 17, 2018 7:06 am

I finished all my AP tests (English Literature and Environmental) last week and I'm so nervous about my results. July seems so far away. ;;

Has anyone here taken the same tests this year? What did you think about it?
^listening to sweet trip^
semi-inactive
they/she

jengatower

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Thu May 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Good luck to everyone who is taking any APs this week! Prepping for tomorrow's AP World History!
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eagle's Eye » Thu May 17, 2018 8:59 pm

lil.pinknugget wrote:Ohoo ~ I see. I was gonna take AP Spanish but I had no more room left in my schedule which pretty much bummed me out. I felt like I would've been in the same situation as you if I entered the testing room. I just want to get this year over with and graduate from high school. I try my best to be ambitious but sometimes it can and will be very distracting. And yes I believe the credits are only for American colleges/institutions. Maybe if you go on 'College Board' they might have something regarding international schools or if you plan to study abroad etc. and yes for the transcript and what not, I totally agree with you! In this day in age, it can get pretty competitive especially scholarships. They kill me inside oh my gosh. So much work! Overall, I do hope you get into your dream school and pursue bigger dreams and aspirations in life. What kind of career or profession do you want to go into anyway?

Thank you! I'm thinking about STEM, because I can't stand languages/history since writing stresses me out :'D I am going to take AP Computer Science next year so I'll see if it sparks an interest in me for computer majors
But anyways, I just took AP Stats today and it was harder than the 3 mock exams that I did. I've also heard that the score scaling is based on location (Americans with Americans and international students with other international kids), does anyone know why?
Can't wait for the results to be out ><

hi
    hi
    hi

SEEK WHAT SETS -
    YOUR SOUL ON FIRE

┌─────────┐

Chinese | GMT+8
    full time foodie
    fire type pkmn! :>

└─────────┘
    FR sales / about me / credit
    Eagle's Eye
    General Helper

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby lil.pinknugget » Thu May 17, 2018 11:12 pm

☆αℓρнαƒιяєωⓞℓƒ☆ wrote:
    lil.pinknugget wrote:Ohoo ~ I see. I was gonna take AP Spanish but I had no more room left in my schedule which pretty much bummed me out. I felt like I would've been in the same situation as you if I entered the testing room. I just want to get this year over with and graduate from high school. I try my best to be ambitious but sometimes it can and will be very distracting. And yes I believe the credits are only for American colleges/institutions. Maybe if you go on 'College Board' they might have something regarding international schools or if you plan to study abroad etc. and yes for the transcript and what not, I totally agree with you! In this day in age, it can get pretty competitive especially scholarships. They kill me inside oh my gosh. So much work! Overall, I do hope you get into your dream school and pursue bigger dreams and aspirations in life. What kind of career or profession do you want to go into anyway?

Thank you! I'm thinking about STEM, because I can't stand languages/history since writing stresses me out :'D I am going to take AP Computer Science next year so I'll see if it sparks an interest in me for computer majors
    But anyways, I just took AP Stats today and it was harder than the 3 mock exams that I did. I've also heard that the score scaling is based on location (Americans with Americans and international students with other international kids), does anyone know why?
    Can't wait for the results to be out ><

Wow! I haven't heard of that type of scoring before! None of my teachers have mentioned that. It sounds pretty interesting though. Good luck with that next year!
    lil.pinknugget

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby The Score » Sat May 19, 2018 4:10 pm

AP WORLD HISTORY IS OVER!!!
    The Score