♥Crushes, Boyfriends, and Girlfriends | V6♥

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ♥Crushes, Boyfriends, and Girlfriends | V6♥

Postby Panther202 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:20 am

parakeetperson wrote:I accidentally got a boyfriend yesterday

His name is Xavier

I don't like like him but he asked if I could be his girlfriend and I said yes bc I'm too nice to say no :')

You need to tell him the truth. Bottom line is that this really isn't fair to him and can cause him problems down the line with future relationships if you lead him on.
Panther202

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snow's Storm » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:44 am

ғᴀɪʀʟʏɢøɴᴇʀ wrote:
parakeetperson wrote:I accidentally got a boyfriend yesterday

His name is Xavier

I don't like like him but he asked if I could be his girlfriend and I said yes bc I'm too nice to say no :')

You need to tell him the truth. Bottom line is that this really isn't fair to him and can cause him problems down the line with future relationships if you lead him on.

Agreed. I did this once when I was younger. It turned into a terrible situation that I ultimately created because I led him to believe that I liked him. In short, please tell him the truth. Nothing good can come from a relationship if you aren't actually interested in being with the person. Sometimes you just have to reject people.
Snow's Storm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pinesong » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:20 pm

Pyjaks wrote:
Pinesong wrote:I just wanted to ask someone's advice on here about how I'm feeling about something..

So I'm dating this guy and he's great- a real sweetheart, is always asking how my day has been and treats me with respect and kindness. I had a few doubts about him at first but we've cleared that up as I've spoken to him about it all. It's a rather new relationship but we seem to have clicked really easily. We used to be close around 3 years ago but drifted a little then really reconnected. He's a very physically affectionate person and is always hugging me and kissing me but he has told me multiple times that if I ever feel like he's being too affectionate that I should tell him right away- which I respect.
However, he's the first guy that I've dated as in the past I've generally seen myself as too busy with my own life to date anyone.

Recently he's mentioned that his parents wanted to meet me and hearing this at first kind of.. scared me? Although when we reconnected we seem to have clicked really easily, I'm not sure if I'm really ready to meet his parents in a 'meet his parents' kind of way. he didn't suggest when or anything, he just sort of brought it up. I'm not sure if it's that I feel like we're moving too quickly or something but I'm not sure if I'm ready to? Should I feel like this?

There's no right or wrong way to feel in a relationship, everyone has their own situation and goes at their own pace. If you aren't ready, that's okay!! He sounds really understanding and respectful of your boundaries so I'd bring it up to him, just let him know that you maybe aren't ready to meet his parents yet.

Thank you so much! I might have a talk with him about how I feel c:
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Hey! I'm Pinesong
I'm interested in arts,
warrior cats, and many other things
always looking for friends so
feel free to shoot me a pm!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

━━━━━━━━━

𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬 ━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━ 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝,

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬 ━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Pinesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panther202 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:53 pm

Can we just appreciate that my boyfriend made me dinner and washed my roommate and I's dishes??? What a king
Panther202

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ellyenchanted » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:01 pm

My problem is kind of ridiculous, but essentially there is a guy I kind of like. A guy who, last semester, I was pretty close with. And it became clear he liked me. I didn't know what to do so I didn't do anything and, well, he kissed me. And I rejected him. Because I am so incredibly self conscious and uncomfortable with myself that the thought of being in a relationship or even just kissing someone casually is terrifying.

After some ups and downs we are amazingly still friends. Except I definitely like him and he's definitely over me. And I watched him kiss another girl in front of me last night (I was literally sitting in front of them) I wanted to cry and they noticed because I'm not good at hiding things. Of course I said I was just tired, but the girl looked at me and was like "I think I know why you're sad." And I mean she probably does.

lmao how embarrassing is that

I'm jealous over the guy I rejected.
ellyenchanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~IronRose~ » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:44 am

Backstory:
My boyfriend and I have been dating for just under 3 months, we have known each other for 6 months
We are saying I love you
We have made future plans about moving in
We are both adults
He lives with his parents
His parents are Christian and Conservative
His parents do not allow him to spend the night with me even though we are both adults
He does not have a job
He does not have a car
I pay for all the dates
He lives 45 minutes away (I am in my car more than I am at home)
I am in college full time and I have a part time job

The issue:
A few days ago we nearly broke up, first I nearly broke up with him because he had continually made decisions at my expense for the past week and was not listening to me when I would tell him that I was struggling, he would tell me that he is struggling too and that he is very stressed about keeping everyone happy. I thought about it and I didn't go though with it, the next day he tries to break up with me, claiming that he is doing it for me, when really I knew that he wasn't. I convinced him that we could work it out because we do love each other and want a future together. However, the next morning he tells me that he is moving to the next city over, which is at least an hour away from where I live, more due to traffic and road issues we have in the city. I told him that he could come live with me, because we planned on living together as it is, he said that he wants to be with his parents instead. Of course I'm very hurt by this, the driving is already driving me insane and I don't expect him to have a car any time soon because his parents have been promising him a car since before we were dating and they tend not to follow through. His parents also told him that if he moves in with me before we get married that they would come take him back (which they can't, that's called kidnapping, even if it is his parents). After all that has happened I would expect him to be doing more to help me, to take some of the driving load and financial load off me but he's going to be making it a lot worse.

He also informed me that he would be moving in with his brother over the summer (3 months). His brother lives over a state away and I live in the west (so that is far). It's like while I'm doing everything to try and keep us together, he's just setting us up for failure because I've told him how much of a toll the driving takes on me. It's like he just doesn't care. and he keeps insisting that he doesn't want to hurt me and that he's going to try not to hurt me when almost every decision he has made in the last two weeks has hurt me, including ditching me to go to a comic con with his friend instead of me (I was sick and he said he would stay in and watch movies with me), not standing up for me when his friend very rudely insulted me and berated me for something I had already apologized for two days before hand, changing the context of our relationship, hanging out with MY best friend without telling me, etc.

I don't know if I'm getting upset about him moving for nothing but I feel like he tries so hard to please everyone but me.
Live by the Sword
~IronRose~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dakotapaws » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:11 am

im not sure where else to post this but id really appreciate advice or anything im stressed and upset over this.

generally my entire life, and im a young adult now, ive not once ever had a crush. ive dated people but never really thought about them romantically until it was revealed they were interested in me. my last relationship (it was a serious one but recently ended) was the same way, but i knew they were interested in me before they told me soni ended up growing feelings for them before we dated. i dont know why i dont experience crushes? ive never fantasized about dating anyone or getting butterflies or flustered. ive generally just been ignoring it because i didnt think it mattered as i WAS in a serious relationship, but since its over the fear of being alone is coming back and i really dont like missing out on this part of life too. i know this isnt a normal thing and its only enforcing my fear of ending up alone.

i dont know if anyone else is like this? or if my brain really is broken? i dont know, but id really like some advice or anything that could help or explain this.

it can be through here or pm, i dont mind which.
dakotapaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hanzo.exe » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:14 am

I have a crush on this one person, And I don't know how to approach them since I've only known them for a little. I want to say something but I'm rather scared I'll do something wrong. I'd love to get some advice I really like them and I just don't think they like me back.
Image»»————- ♔ ————-««Image
"Nothing ventured, nothing gained".
    —— [ ♥ ] ♥ ]
    Image»»————- ♔ ————-««Image

Hanzo.exe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FireWolf52 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:16 am

Ok so I’d like some advice from a non bias party. I have a boyfriend, and he loves me, or at least he says he does, and I like him, but I don’t think I trust him enough to say that I love him. Should I break up with him because I know trust is important...

Going through a rough time right now, trying to stay active in trades but I might answer slowly, I apologize!

My Fayrian Kelpies
My Khimaira Friesians
My Cupido Drafts
My Ferox Welsh Ponies
My Yukon Drafts

"You could rattle the stars, you could do anything if only you dared."

Ravenclaw ~ Aries ~ Animal-Lover ~ Breyer Horses
FireWolf52

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby incognito! » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:21 am

bellapaws wrote:im not sure where else to post this but id really appreciate advice or anything im stressed and upset over this.

generally my entire life, and im a young adult now, ive not once ever had a crush. ive dated people but never really thought about them romantically until it was revealed they were interested in me. my last relationship (it was a serious one but recently ended) was the same way, but i knew they were interested in me before they told me soni ended up growing feelings for them before we dated. i dont know why i dont experience crushes? ive never fantasized about dating anyone or getting butterflies or flustered. ive generally just been ignoring it because i didnt think it mattered as i WAS in a serious relationship, but since its over the fear of being alone is coming back and i really dont like missing out on this part of life too. i know this isnt a normal thing and its only enforcing my fear of ending up alone.

i dont know if anyone else is like this? or if my brain really is broken? i dont know, but id really like some advice or anything that could help or explain this.

it can be through here or pm, i dont mind which.

You're not broken at all! Believe me, for the longest time, I would listen to my friends talk about their crushes and just couldn't relate -- I am dating someone at the moment, but he's essentially the first person I ever had strong feelings for, and those feelings developed over time. I don't develop feelings for people out of nowhere, and some of my friends back in middle school even admitted they were "boy-crazy" it just felt so foreign to me even going onto high school and afterwards.

I think you're just one of those people who develops feelings over time -- you're not one who develops feelings on a whim or fantasizes about dating someone. Plenty of people are the same way, and all it means is that eventually the right person might come along and you'll have those feelings. I'm sorry to hear a serious relationship of yours ended, but if anything, it's proof that you can develop feelings for someone, you have the capacity.

And even if you truly were not interested in anyone at all, you could be aromantic/asexual and there's a lot of people who are! However, this doesn't seem to me to be your situation.

FireWolf52 wrote:Ok so I’d like some advice from a non bias party. I have a boyfriend, and he loves me, or at least he says he does, and I like him, but I don’t think I trust him enough to say that I love him. Should I break up with him because I know trust is important...

I'm not quite sure this is a trust issue...? In a relationship, you don't have to immediately feel as if you're in love. If you enjoy spending time with him and enjoy him as a person, you don't *have* to say you love him. Sometimes, it's implied without using words! But no, I don't think it's a reason to break up with him unless he violates your trust.

I would give it time. I'm guessing it's a fairly new relationship - focus on getting to know each other first.

If it helps... I've never told my boyfriend "I love you" but I'm also not a person who shows love with my words.

avatar art by my wonderful sister Cygnus,
      check out her gallery!

she/her | adult | med student
incognito!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me