☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾

Postby millennium. » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:38 pm

How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night?
Usually about 3-4 hours. 6 hours, at best. Its really terrible because I often wake up a lot of times in the middle of the night.
Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep?
Well, I'll admit, not often. Though, I sometimes get headaches and irritated.
How long have you suffered from insomnia?
Almost a year now, I'd say.

𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍 / 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐉 / 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘/𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 / 𝐀𝐃𝐔𝐋𝐓 / 𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃
millennium.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spooktunes » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:46 pm

How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night?I try to get at least 10, but I usually wind up getting 6-8 :(
Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep? Yes. Pairs of eyes flashing up in my face.. o3o
How long have you suffered from insomnia? Since last september.
im rose and i love teruteru hanamura
he/him • bi • libra
spooktunes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:01 pm

pafupafu wrote:How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night?
Uhh, depends. Sometimes my sleeping habits are worst than usual. Normally around 3 or 4 hours, though.

Nah nothing serious like that. However I have suffered from sleep paralysis; not entirely sure if that's linked, I'd have to research it.

Since I was really young. It's definitely gotten better over the years but there's times where it gets so bad that I can barely sleep a wink for a full week. I'm pretty sure it's linked to my anxiety disorder, of course being anxious over something can make it hard to sleep. My insomnia might've been a misdiagnosis since it was a long time ago and I was pretty young. I dunno... I really need to visit my therapist again but my mom has been too busy to take me and I'm not finished with my Driver's Ed class so I can't drive there myself >n>

The sleep paralysis. I'm not sure if it is connected but I can say I have had that 2 or 3 times before and it is super sketchy. like, ack Dx I lie there and squirm until I can move again. xD

-

On a side note. Last night I went to bed at 6am, got up at 8:30 this morning. And today, though I can't be sure if it was from lack of sleep or the pain medication I'm on, I had a hallucination in a public place in the middle of the day. So that was interesting. Luckily I don't scream or freak out when I hallucinate, I'm pretty quiet. eh heh

▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AmëricänHörrörStöry » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:16 pm

How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night? If it's a really good night maybe about 6 but normally 4-5.
Fortunately no but I have had sleep paralysis and I believe it's connected to my sleep insomnia because basically what sleep paralysis is is your body transitioning from being awake to asleep and when you are over tired your brain doesn't catch the hint that your body is shutting down to sleep so, your mind is left awake and that is why you can't move your body but feel like your awake and can think thoughts. I find that when I get less sleep because of my insomnia it happens more frequently. This information is what I've read anyways. Correct me if I'm wrong :)
It really started when my parents divorced, lots of stressful things happen throughout divorce and I feel my body just hasn't recovered from all of it (sleep wise)
But to answer the question 4 and half years :/
It's really effected my school grades and how many friends I have because I'm literally so tired I don't have the energy to make new friends >.<
I've thought about the sleeping meds and all but I like more natural methods

I went through a really really really weird phase last year were I'd wake up at 3:00 a.m. every night. I then looked it up and it said that 3:00 a.m. was the Devils hour and that it means a demons watching me sleep ;-; I was like... Uuuhm lets not read anything about this ever again Dx
To be honest it freaked me out A LOT and I was terrified to fall asleep but now I think it might have been connected to my sleep insomnia? I don't know...I'd like to hope that anyways xD hahah
AmëricänHörrörStöry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anastasia » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:52 am

I have a quick question....I've never been actually diagnosed with Insomnia, but I have always had a hard time falling asleep, ever since I was 7 or so. I remember always complaining to my mom about being so tired but never being able to fall asleep >.> It is still hard for me to sleep. I end up lying awake for a long time...It's awful because after I do fall asleep, I always wake up feeling horrible. My muscles ache all over and about 70% of the time I also have a headache. I'd say that I get about 6 hours of sleep every night...I've never had a hallucination before (thank goodness) but I was wondering if what I have is just normal tired-ness or a slight case of insomnia? I didn't want to fill out the form on the front page because I'm not sure if I'm even an insomniac. I would love some insight on this ^.^
Anastasia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apollo. » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:47 am

I've been on melatonin for a long time now, and I think it's actually habit forming (it was for me anyway) so I get a good 7-8 hours usually. Although in the summer I'll go days without sleep.
Mm, not really. One time when I was younger I started seeing black spots from sleep deprivation but that's it. Nothing major.
Since... Well forever really. When I was a toddler my parents couldn't get me to sleep for naps. When I was 6-8 I started staying up so I could talk to my dad when he came home from work around midnight. I would just sit in bed for hours trying to sleep but being unable to. And now without my sleeping pills I can stay up for 2 nights and still function fine on the third day. I don't know if this is really insomnia since I've never been diagnosed but I can stay up longer than anyone I know, and I can function just fine without sleep.
apollo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Howl ✦ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:07 am

RawrItsAna wrote:I have a quick question....I've never been actually diagnosed with Insomnia, but I have always had a hard time falling asleep, ever since I was 7 or so. I remember always complaining to my mom about being so tired but never being able to fall asleep >.> It is still hard for me to sleep. I end up lying awake for a long time...It's awful because after I do fall asleep, I always wake up feeling horrible. My muscles ache all over and about 70% of the time I also have a headache. I'd say that I get about 6 hours of sleep every night...I've never had a hallucination before (thank goodness) but I was wondering if what I have is just normal tired-ness or a slight case of insomnia? I didn't want to fill out the form on the front page because I'm not sure if I'm even an insomniac. I would love some insight on this ^.^

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I have suggested it for people with the same symptoms as you many times and all of them admitted that they're feeling better, so... you can give it a try. You c a n, not must have these issues due to waking up out of wrong sleep stage (look for sleep cycle). If that's a case, there are tons of so-called 'sleep calculators'.
To make yourself fall asleep you can become more active (to get more tired of course). If you can't or if it's not working, tire your eyes by reading (not watching!) late at night. If you have tried this too, then I'm not sure what would work for you, sorry.
穴だらけの羽を剥いで 飛び込め目をこじ開け
そこが泥まみれのHEAVENだろうが住めば楽園ってさ

trades
Howl ✦

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anastasia » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:41 pm

Takanori. wrote:
RawrItsAna wrote:I have a quick question....I've never been actually diagnosed with Insomnia, but I have always had a hard time falling asleep, ever since I was 7 or so. I remember always complaining to my mom about being so tired but never being able to fall asleep >.> It is still hard for me to sleep. I end up lying awake for a long time...It's awful because after I do fall asleep, I always wake up feeling horrible. My muscles ache all over and about 70% of the time I also have a headache. I'd say that I get about 6 hours of sleep every night...I've never had a hallucination before (thank goodness) but I was wondering if what I have is just normal tired-ness or a slight case of insomnia? I didn't want to fill out the form on the front page because I'm not sure if I'm even an insomniac. I would love some insight on this ^.^

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I have suggested it for people with the same symptoms as you many times and all of them admitted that they're feeling better, so... you can give it a try. You c a n, not must have these issues due to waking up out of wrong sleep stage (look for sleep cycle). If that's a case, there are tons of so-called 'sleep calculators'.
To make yourself fall asleep you can become more active (to get more tired of course). If you can't or if it's not working, tire your eyes by reading (not watching!) late at night. If you have tried this too, then I'm not sure what would work for you, sorry.

these are great tips! I will definitely try them, thanks! ^.^
Anastasia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfsong-mapleflame » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:04 pm

only about 1/2 to one
    yep.
    since I was about 6
Last edited by Cas on 2:06 AM, Tuesday edited 666 times in total.
Reason: i didn't understand that reference

Image Image
'There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers.' Richard Castle
ImageImageImageImage
wolfsong-mapleflame

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azh » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:02 am

I usually try to get six hours of sleep, however one of my problems is that I wake up every hour like clock work, so I can subtract five minutes from each hour... that would be about... 5 hours and 30 minutes of sleep. Of course my sleeping isn't that great, and it takes me an hour to even fall asleep. So due to tossing and turning, waking up every hour, and the usual bathroom breaks, I only get around.. 3 hours of sleep.
Oh yes, from skeletons to trees, to whales swimming on my walls. I also hear voices if I haven't had sleep in three days.
If I remember correctly... ever since I was three.
Azh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me