Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What are you doing for Halloweeen

Nothing
27%
Party
15%
Trick-or-Treat
34%
Fursuiting
24%

Total votes : 1321

Re: Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

Postby ~Rush Furry~ » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:38 am

dino cat wrote:Anover:
That lion mane really is beautiful! I love how it has darker tips.

Hello! I want to make a fursuit for my fursona but my mom would never let me. Does anyone know what the most discreet part of a fursuit is? Would it be the paws, the footpaws, or the tail?

For me, personally, it would be the feet paws!
I have slippers that look like sneakers instead of feet paws. But feetpaws, especially indoor paws, would pass for slippers or feet warmers!
~Rush Furry~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:06 am

~Rush Furry~ wrote:
dino cat wrote:Anover:
That lion mane really is beautiful! I love how it has darker tips.

Hello! I want to make a fursuit for my fursona but my mom would never let me. Does anyone know what the most discreet part of a fursuit is? Would it be the paws, the footpaws, or the tail?

For me, personally, it would be the feet paws!
I have slippers that look like sneakers instead of feet paws. But feetpaws, especially indoor paws, would pass for slippers or feet warmers!

Ok, thank you! How expensive is it to make feet paws vs buy them?
We're a system. We will most often sign off with who's fronting.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rush Furry~ » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:35 am

Depending on where you get your materials, it could possibly be a 50/50 chance one is more expensive than the other!
Some makers charge a little over $100 for a pair, while others charge about $300. Some materials providers charge a lot for foam and fur, but quality matters a lot when it comes to feet
~Rush Furry~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mapicc » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:49 am

Username: Yoh.
Are you a Furry or a Fan: Fan
Do you own a fursuit: Nope! I would love to make one but I don't have the time or money right now :<
If so have any pictures:
Fave thing about the Fandom: The community is super kind and welcoming! I am super excited to have found this thread! :)
rue
they he she
evil transmasc lesbian
mapicc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:16 am

~Rush Furry~ wrote:Depending on where you get your materials, it could possibly be a 50/50 chance one is more expensive than the other!
Some makers charge a little over $100 for a pair, while others charge about $300. Some materials providers charge a lot for foam and fur, but quality matters a lot when it comes to feet

If you want feetpaws that will hold up I’d suggest buying from an experienced maker and that ranges from $200 to $400 dollars depending on style(outdoor, indoor, sockpaw, etc). Etsy is usually a good place to look for small parts like hands/feet/tails.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:59 am

Larkspur1678 wrote:
~Rush Furry~ wrote:Depending on where you get your materials, it could possibly be a 50/50 chance one is more expensive than the other!

If you want feetpaws that will hold up I’d suggest buying from an experienced maker and that ranges from $200 to $400 dollars depending on style(outdoor, indoor, sockpaw, etc). Etsy is usually a good place to look for small parts like hands/feet/tails.

Big thanks to both of you. I still think my feet have a little growing left so I will probably make some sock paws as cheap as I can make them and then re-make better quality ones when I am fully grown.
ImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:54 am

Larkspur1678 wrote:

I have sockhooves for my Duster suit. I wish I got outdoor feet. I unfortunately wasn't given a choice and just kinda ended up with whatever but even with compression socks and pretty used to being on my feet at cons, my ankles turned to jelly as soon as I took off my socks. Not to mention sockpaws got more dirty faster (since they're a very light almost white cream)

Outdoor is your best best for general suiting. If you want sockpaws reserve those for smaller meets or photoshoots.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nervousdog » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:34 am

Rick Astley. wrote:So I started making a fursuit head, and it needs to be furred, duct tapes been on

awhileee-
how would I go about furring it? the sewing machine doesn't like the fur much...

You could shave the fur before running it through the machine, but even then idk how badly it may hurt the machine .
If your sewing machine isn't really made to handle fur I wouldn't risk it at all, and would recommend saving up for something a little more industrial . In the mean time, maybe try your hand at hand sewing ! Make sure to keep your stitches close and tight . Unlike a body suit I don't foresee the face taking on too much stress or strain- so seems popping should be minimal .

It's a lot cheaper to buy more fur to fix mistakes than buy a whole new machine because running fur through it destroyed it .
aquarius ♡ 3oh!3 stan ♡ dog trainer ♡ 5 . 10 . 20
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:09 am

nervousdog wrote:
Rick Astley. wrote:So I started making a fursuit head, and it needs to be furred, duct tapes been on

awhileee-
how would I go about furring it? the sewing machine doesn't like the fur much...

You could shave the fur before running it through the machine, but even then idk how badly it may hurt the machine .
If your sewing machine isn't really made to handle fur I wouldn't risk it at all, and would recommend saving up for something a little more industrial . In the mean time, maybe try your hand at hand sewing ! Make sure to keep your stitches close and tight . Unlike a body suit I don't foresee the face taking on too much stress or strain- so seems popping should be minimal .

It's a lot cheaper to buy more fur to fix mistakes than buy a whole new machine because running fur through it destroyed it .

I second hand sewing. Quite a few makers hand sew heads, handpaws, and other small parts. Like nervousdog said, the head really doesn’t take any stress and even my first fursuit never got any popped seams on the head.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:12 pm

I just wanted to share and I figured this would be the best place to do so. For Halloween, I am dressing up as a cat. But not just any cat, Abagail. I wanted to dress up as Poppy, but the only way I could pull this off, was with a cat. So, I am dressing up as Abagail. I will have hand paws, stompers, and a fursuit tail. I won't have a head, just ears, because the head is, in my position, screaming, "Hey, mom! I'm a furry, and this is a fursuit!" But also, I only have a month to make it. Quick question though: how should I make the ears. It is a little unrelated, but I can't find a good tutorial.
ImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me