[Retired] Rule Index

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Rule Index - Posting Open

Postby Panne » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:53 pm

nickjr wrote:(unrelated to the above discussion)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=178135#p4829429

This post is in the same topic as one of the other 'swear word answers' (under General Rules), but I don't think everyone will actually read through the entirety of all the threads--I think most will just read the post, nod, look at one post above, look at one post below, shrug, and then click back because they wouldn't think there's anything else in the topic worth reading xD (admittedly, that's what I tend to do) So maybe this should also be put as a 'swear word answer'? It's seven posts after the already-posted 'swear word answer' I mentioned; when I was first clicking through the links on this topic, I didn't take the time to read through the threads that were linked--I only read the relevant post and then hit the back button, so I wouldn't be surprised if others missed this post as well.

Since we already have a simplified and in depth explanation regarding the use of swear words, I don't think another link would be all that necessary. It's all basically repeating the same thing anyways.
It's also not necessary because it's in the same thread as the in depth one. Since It is already explained very nicely in that, expanding on it will just overwhelm readers(besides, if they really were interested in learning more/weren't sure, chances are they would read a little more of the thread)

I just don't believe that it is absolutely needed to be added. It should be common sense already not to swear, and we already have nice answers if you want more information.

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Ahh, makes sense. I only suggested that because I saw a few users wondering why hell and damn weren't censored xD;
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much covered if you take the time to read xD

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jüska » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:22 am

Any rules about trading CS pets for off-site credits/pets? I've looked through the official rules and can't find anything besides the "no trading for real money" rule. IMO it doesn't seem right to do, because then you're getting the pets for technically nothing (trade-wise).
Jüska

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:58 am

Juska wrote:Any rules about trading CS pets for off-site credits/pets? I've looked through the official rules and can't find anything besides the "no trading for real money" rule. IMO it doesn't seem right to do, because then you're getting the pets for technically nothing (trade-wise).

Well, not really. xD Mainly because the staff here can't control what happens on the other site, and can't really help you if anything goes wrong.

But there is two topics - there's list of sites that don't allow off-site trading (found here), and making an offsite trade involving those sites will put you and your trading partner at the risk of being banned or warned. And then there's the Off-Site Trading Rules topic (linked on the front page under 'CS Trades, Auctions, and Free Adoptions Rules').

Those are the only 'official' rules and guidelines I know of involving offsite trading. ^^
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rule Index

Postby nickjr » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:41 pm

I was looking around and found these (I don't think they're in the rule index yet, since I went through each link several times over; please correct me if I'm wrong, though):

Regarding username-taking
another post about this
- You can't make someone change their username, and if you do try to force someone to do so, you could be reported
- However, if the username was taken just to annoy the original user or to pretend to be that user, then they could get into trouble
I've seen a few users not realize that they can't do anything if someone takes their old username, so should this be put up?

Vectors in general and vectors of MLP
- MLP vectors are fine
- In most other cases, vectors are not okay
maybe this should be put up if it's not already obvious that vectors are usually not allowed?
(I can't figure out what vectors are; I keep finding very conflicting information o__O it's a math concept [that you'd learn in school]? some kind of file type? the action of tracing art? a method of making art?)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:03 pm

nickjr wrote:I was looking around and found these (I don't think they're in the rule index yet, since I went through each link several times over; please correct me if I'm wrong, though):

Regarding username-taking
another post about this
- You can't make someone change their username, and if you do try to force someone to do so, you could be reported
- However, if the username was taken just to annoy the original user or to pretend to be that user, then they could get into trouble
I've seen a few users not realize that they can't do anything if someone takes their old username, so should this be put up?

Vectors in general and vectors of MLP
- MLP vectors are fine
- In most other cases, vectors are not okay
maybe this should be put up if it's not already obvious that vectors are usually not allowed?
(I can't figure out what vectors are; I keep finding very conflicting information o__O it's a math concept [that you'd learn in school]? some kind of file type? the action of tracing art? a method of making art?)

I do think these would be helpful to add, especially the MLP one (I have a whole topic debating this bookmarked, but it's really unclear as to what is right or not, so I've been looking for another one to explain it clearer xD)

A vector is pretty much a form of art made up of shapes rather than pixels that can be resized/transformed/messed with as much as you wish, and it will never lose it's quality.
(more about it can be found here on dA's mlp vector group)

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby belle noire » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:44 pm

I was searching around to answer a question and found this. Not sure if it's needed in the rule index; I didn't see a rule regarding it when I looked through the links, but I could have easily missed it so please correct me if I'm wrong ^^
┌───────────────────┐

Imagex
▬▬▬ [ FINE RAIN FALLING FROM A CLEAR SKY ] ▬▬▬

possible text? this is a huge wip sorry.

└───────────────────┘
┌───────────────────┐

wow another text box what am i gonna do with so much space?

└───────────────────┘
belle noire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:15 pm

koi fish. wrote:
    I was searching around to answer a question and found this. Not sure if it's needed in the rule index; I didn't see a rule regarding it when I looked through the links, but I could have easily missed it so please correct me if I'm wrong ^^

I could have sworn we had that one up there xD
It isn't extremely important because there aren't many questions about it, but I agree that it is good to put up there just in case. I will poke Fat about it ^_^

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:00 am

This guide about what spam is was included in the most recent announcement about how to efficiently report posts. Should it be included as an "official" response about what spam is? It includes some things that June Bug's letter doesn't.
It also includes the rule of "Threads may only be bumped once they are off the first page of the forum board they are located in", which a few users didn't know because they couldn't find it in the official site rules, and it mentions that "one-word posts like 'cute' in the Oekaki boards are fine" (I wouldn't be surprised if people didn't know that)

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me