[Retired] Rule Index

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Rule Index

Postby cosmos.; » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:46 am

Glad I read this. I had a mind distortion link in my siggy before I realised they weren't allowed.
i swear the only reason i'm still on is because of one friend
everyone else has left
go hug her not me
cosmos.;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:12 pm

mental racat wrote:Are there any rules about blacklists in forum topics? I see many topics which have a list of banned members in them. Recently a mod removed a blacklist from one topic so I was wondering why it seems to be accepted in many other topics. I couldn't find anything about them in the rules.

I apologize, I just saw your question now!
For anyone else who would like to know, The blacklist rule only applies to trading blacklists. You may not have blacklists in your trade rules, or involving trades anywhere on the forum.
Other forum blacklists such as art shop blacklists or adoption blacklists are allowed with reasons, as long as it still abides by CS rules and doesn't bully anyone.

Glad everyone is finding this helpful! We will try to update with new rules soon!

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wonderxo » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi
Wonderxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SketchFox » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:41 pm

Hooray :thumbup:
SketchFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FuzzyFoe » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:40 am

I would like to make a new thread about a topic to discuss. I have my own story relating to the topic, but I feel that if I post my story in the OP it will get more attention and that would be unfair. However, if I post my story after I made the thread, I think it would count as doubleposting. What should I do?
FuzzyFoe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:33 pm

Rodents wrote:I would like to make a new thread about a topic to discuss. I have my own story relating to the topic, but I feel that if I post my story in the OP it will get more attention and that would be unfair. However, if I post my story after I made the thread, I think it would count as doubleposting. What should I do?

Since thread creators usually get a little bit more attention just by creating a thread, its ok for you to include your discussion at the bottom of the original post. This helps create a starting point for the discussion as well.

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doreet » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi, this is a TECHNICAL QUESTION. If I want to include an image, by using "Img" how can I upload harmless, cute, animated "emoticons" from my computer? Or is that possible? I notice many people have art or pictures on posts,I just don't know how to do it. Do you have to use "imgur" and upload all the art,emotes, to Imgur first, and to post here, put the Imgur address for each emote, so it goes from Imgur, to my post here? Sounds like much labor. :what: Or, can I upload an emote directly from my computer, to my post here? That I do not know how to do. thanks for any advice. --doreet :)
This is the best website!
doreet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:35 pm

doreet wrote:Hi, this is a TECHNICAL QUESTION. If I want to include an image, by using "Img" how can I upload harmless, cute, animated "emoticons" from my computer? Or is that possible? I notice many people have art or pictures on posts,I just don't know how to do it. Do you have to use "imgur" and upload all the art,emotes, to Imgur first, and to post here, put the Imgur address for each emote, so it goes from Imgur, to my post here? Sounds like much labor. :what: Or, can I upload an emote directly from my computer, to my post here? That I do not know how to do. thanks for any advice. --doreet :)

Hello! Yes, to use the [img] tags, you have to have your image uploaded to an image hosting webiste such as tinypic, igmur, deviantart, etc. However, you can also upload an image directly from your computer. Whenever you make a post, there is a tab under the writing box that says "Upload attachment." Clicking it will bring up the option to choose a file directly from your computer. ^_^

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doreet » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Hi, thanks for all this information.I wanted to know,"are there ever instances where this site gets hacked? by someone on the outside? Or from another member? Is that possible? Or do we have very good security that hacking the site from outside is not possible?(or inside?) " The reason I asked this, is because a long time ago,I went on a "nail-art" blog, and became a member. I thought that was safe. That was not true; becoming a member made it possible for another member to follow me, and almost get into my computer. The icon was on my computer, and I was able to block the person off.(I forgot how, making me the only user in my browser, and the only user on the settings on my computer, blocked off any other user.I think that's it.)

But that really scared me. And, I accidentally went on an oekaki site, where a member said,"Your trail of your computer, all over the web, is so easy to follow."I stopped going there, cause someone said, the artist was a hacker,and had special tools to hack into your ISP, find your passwords in five seconds!! Yow. I did not know anything about "hacking", or that they could get your passwords,in 5 seconds, & get into your art!!And, also, THERE IS NO SUCH THING as internet police. My ISP company did not care; any authorities of my country did not care. The owner of the oekaki site did not care. Frankly, I found out, the Web can be a very scary place, and NO POLICE. there are no international,web police!! Your country might not interfere. There are usually no "site police". I was alone with the problem(except, your local computer repairman can probably tell you, how to block someone,Maybe. )

After those experiences, I stopped going on "Social networks" like Facebook & Twitter,(someone wrote, that is where most viruses are let loose.) And as for becoming technically a member of a "popular blog," like nail-art,I stopped doing that. I realized that very popular blogs that anyone can join, can get hackers, who hack other members. This site would probably catch a hacker, very soon. They would get banned. But, that's why I was asking these questions. We have excellent moderators on here, and technical help.Plenty of other oekaki sites, have no moderators, and outrageous behavior is put up with. :(

I still shudder, when I remember the artist saying,"your trail on the web is easy to follow." That made me very paranoid. If any of our moderators,or technical help, could tell me, us, some good rules or hints on how to make it technically very hard for anyone on a site, or just on the Net, to follow your trail, and eliminate the threat of someone getting into your computer, I would be very grateful. Or, please refer me to any websites that teach you how to safe-guard yourself online. Maybe there are some. I guess I am very gullible about safety on the net.Now I want to know how to really technically safeguard myself.

I even thought,"Is going on the net, like going out in the 3-D world? Would you not ever go into a low-class dive-bar, alone, have a drink, sit at the bar,and talk to strangers?(who could pick-pocket you,or worse.) And trust them to be safe? Or would you go to a huge, very public party or dance, that anyone could get into, there were no chaperones, in a very big city? And you had no idea who the people you met, really are? (people do that in big cities.)" Or join a nail-art club, in real time, and the other members had no proof of who they were? You could not tell anything by their names? And you would trust them to be nice people?"

The answer to this, is "the people giving a party,or dance, or nail-art club, should be good enough to throw out any folk with bad behavior, watch out for its members, even screen applicants or just insist on very good behavior." The whole Web is like the huge, outside world, that you go out into, without a chaperone, although your family can tell you to be safe,and how. But once you go way out on the web, it's hard to tell which site,or club, ect. and members, are really safe. So the owners of the website and moderators are the police of the site. They try to watch out for it's members, and kick out those with bad behavior.They can't police the whole web. I think I have to figure out, where its safe to go,and how to safeguard myself on the Web. It is much harder than i thought, and not so easy to always know at first.You cant SEE THE PEOPLE, or even look up their local credentials.You can't SEE malware, or viruses(but your computer will warn you.) I realize, that is WHY we have these strict rules here.They are responsible.

Sorry for over-writing this post, please cut,or transfer it, if you like.I do not mean to scare anyone, But I am relatively careful, and even I ran into technically dangerous sites. That's why I think our rules here are good. And I would appreciate any advice on safeguarding myself on my computer, and also good sites to teach you how to technically not be so vulnerable.I don't think software can do all of it.It does do a LOT of safe-guarding work. I am considering buying the latest AVAST anti-virus software, it's highly regarded. (Or, trying to get the free version.) Thanks for any advice or referrals. :) safely, Doreet.
This is the best website!
doreet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:27 pm

That's fine, I understand your concern!
    CS is definitely very safe, the staff make sure of that. There are instances of people getting their accounts hacked (It happened to me back in 2010). However, most of the time the worst thing that a hacker does is trade away/delete your pets. This can easily be reversed if you report it though, so all cases are accordingly dealt with. That's really the boundaries on this site, it is very safe to use c:

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items